Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Find everything you need for the Galaxy S5 and discuss it in our S5 forum!
Have you seen that OnePlus One's awesome camera?? The forum is over here!

Like Tree24Likes

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old May 8th, 2013, 03:12 PM   #51 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Fascinate, Droid X, Nexus 7, Note 2
Carrier: V

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix111 View Post
Thank you for the input. Anybody else with any issues?
Well, you can count me as an exclusive user of this battery since the day I got it and everything is good. XDA, has a ton of replies about it and only praises.

Here is a deal where I think a lot of the people get confused. DO NOT take anybody's else screen on or days on numbers too close to your heart. It's an irrelevant benchmark because everybody has a different setup and different use. The fact is that OEM battery is 3100 mAh (confirmed and verified), extended batteries from various vendors are 6200-6400 mAh (confirmed and verified), and this battery is 9300 mAh (confirmed and verified). So you are getting double capacity with extended battery and triple capacity with ZL battery.

If you can swear on your life that you have exactly the same setup and identical use, and running the same apps with a same config, and you do not see an improvement - perhaps something is wrong with a battery. You have 3x stock size/capacity batteries fused together, could be possible that some connection broke off or something. The test I ran to get 20hr screen time was not realistic phone use. It was Nova Battery Tester program with a cpu stress test which exercises faster battery drain while timing it. That test takes all the variable out of equation by turning your 4G connection off, turning brightness to max level, and disabling other background processes. That test can also estimate mAh reading, and i found it to be for ZL approximately 3x the capacity of stock battery. It's not an accurate measurement, but relative measurement. So if you run that test with your stock battery or extended double capacity battery, and then with ZL and you don't see 3x or 1.5x improvement - something is wrong with your ZL battery and it has to be replaced under warranty.

Complete List of all smartphone and tablet Accessory and Gadget REVIEWS by Twister => HERE
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to twister6 For This Useful Post:
hallrob (November 3rd, 2013), wase4711 (May 10th, 2013)
sponsored links
Old May 8th, 2013, 05:06 PM   #52 (permalink)
Wasn't Me

Device(s): NOTE II
Carrier: The NOW Network

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritas4420 View Post
What is your screen time? I'm currently at 62% with 5 hours screen time.
Tapatalk got issues! Before I hit submit my screen on time WAS part of my post. LOL!
Pics .... This is right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix111 View Post
Is anyone experiencing reception issues while using this battery?

Now that the white case is in stock I was about to jump all over it and order today. However, I just read on a few sites that people are noticing that these batteries are hampering the data/cell/wi-fi reception on their phones to varying degrees. This has given me pause, so I wanted to see if anyone here was experiencing this problem. Thanks.
REALLY? All my reading has been the opposite. As a matter of fact, I seriously believe it's actually improved my signal.
During the time I wasn't on WiFi my 3G performed as if it were LTE and that never happened prior to this battery.

I also waited for the white case & jumped on it within secs of it's availability on Amazon. I've been reading about this battery long before this review thread was created so if I may ask, could you please post a link to one of “these batteries are hampering the data/cell/wi-fi reception" post.

This battery goes from available to out of stock extremely fast.

@Phoenix I don't think you'll be disappointed but if you get it & suffer the data cell WiFi you've been reading about you can return it for full refund.

@Twist Since ZL doesn't have an external charger for this monster yet, I think I'm going to get the Anker universal. I know it's not a rapid charger but that's ok considering I have 3 stock batteries that last around 17 hrs before I have to swap.
Old May 8th, 2013, 05:48 PM   #53 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

FYI, I just ordered one of those cheap ebay TPU bumpers. Its a bumper only, without any back to cover battery. I have little faith it will work, but for the sake of an experiment - I should have it in a few days. I was thinking if I can fit that bumper around ZL tpu case, that would be great to improve the lip (face drop protection) and the grip. Either way, will post my test results as soon as I get it.

And I do agree with you that if you have multiple batteries, it doesn't matter if external chargers takes longer to get it juiced up.

Btw, had to take a trip today (from my area of Jersey Shore to King of Prussia - awful ride in the rain), and had my N2 with ZL and GPS on at full screen brightness for traffic purposes. Almost 4hr round trip, and it chewed up only 18% of my battery. That is insane. Plus, for a short while had Hot Spot on to get Nexus 7 going on internet.

Btw^2, if yo have OTG cable/adapter, you can use your N2 with ZL to charge other devices
Veritas4420 and ScandaLeX like this.
The Following User Says Thank You to twister6 For This Useful Post:
rivera02 (May 8th, 2013)
Old May 9th, 2013, 07:14 AM   #54 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy Note II
Carrier: AT&T

I deliberately let the phone running a movie last night and managed to get it down to 1%. I turned the phone off and let it charge overnight for 7 hours. As expected, it was 100% this morning.

BUT, two hours later the battery is 93%. My screen brightness is around 30% and I haven't had it on for more than 30 minutes. I'm going to have to keep a close eye on this, good thing there is such a long warranty.
Old May 9th, 2013, 02:33 PM   #55 (permalink)
Wasn't Me

I tried to let it go down to 5% but couldn't do it. It stayed on 12% for HOURS and I worried it'd go from 12 straight to 0 so I gave into my anxiety and put it on the charger while it was still sitting at 12%.

I can honestly say I don't plan on charging this battery while in my phone. There is just way too much weight added and mishaps happen--especially where toddlers are concerned.

I ordered this battery charger yesterday. It comes with 2 spare batteries I don't need but the actual charger isn't sold separately. It's pricier than many of the universal chargers that can be gotten off eBay for $2 but I wanted white and this was the only one I came across.
Also this was the only charger advertised specifically for the Note 2 battery for all carriers and not a universal that requires moving the charging pins around.

The other thing apart from it being white which made me order it is the charging pins are on the left just like the ZL9300 as opposed to Samsung's battery charger which has the charging pins placed on the right.

Amazon

Old May 9th, 2013, 07:47 PM   #56 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScandaLeX View Post
I tried to let it go down to 5% but couldn't do it. It stayed on 12% for HOURS and I worried it'd go from 12 straight to 0 so I gave into my anxiety and put it on the charger while it was still sitting at 12%.

I can honestly say I don't plan on charging this battery while in my phone. There is just way too much weight added and mishaps happen--especially where toddlers are concerned.

I ordered this battery charger yesterday. It comes with 2 spare batteries I don't need but the actual charger isn't sold separately. It's pricier than many of the universal chargers that can be gotten off eBay for $2 but I wanted white and this was the only one I came across.
Also this was the only charger advertised specifically for the Note 2 battery for all carriers and not a universal that requires moving the charging pins around.

The other thing apart from it being white which made me order it is the charging pins are on the left just like the ZL9300 as opposed to Samsung's battery charger which has the charging pins placed on the right.

Amazon
Cool! So you went with Anker, these are good and you get 18-months warranty. Plus I read somewhere their 3100 mAh battery is actually 3250 mAh capacity. Between ZL, two of these, and a stock one - you are probably covered for 2wk
Old May 9th, 2013, 10:36 PM   #57 (permalink)

Device(s): HTC Thunderbolt, LG Spectrum, Galaxy Note 2 Galaxy Note 3
Carrier: Verizon

I'm using this charger for my ZeroLemon Battery. The battery fits with no problem and the charger has a red light for charging and a blue light for fully charged. Expect atleast 2 days for a full charge..

Amazon.com: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 External Dock Battery Charger + Microfiber Cloth - GT N7100 - SCH I605 Verizon - SCH R950 U.S. Cellular SGH I317 AT&T - SGH T889 T-Mobile - SPH L900 Sprint - Wall Home Spare Extra Travel - EB595675LA: Cell Phones & A

Old May 9th, 2013, 10:49 PM   #58 (permalink)
Wasn't Me

@twister6 I'll have around 25,000 mAh total.
5 x 3100 mAh + 9300.
I really don't need 5 of these batteries but like I said, the white charger wasn't sold separately. I have ONE friend who has the Note 2. I "might" give him an extra battery. Already gave him some cases I didn't like. hehe

@srad2drag I saw that one. I didn't get it because it's black and 90% of the pictures of it on eBay and Amazon show it face down so I couldn't see what side the charging pins are on. Even if I could see them, I don't mind paying more for the color I want.
Old May 10th, 2013, 07:15 AM   #59 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Just want to add an observation, similar to what others have seen as well. With ZL battery percentage displayed by the phone sometime can drop 5%-10% in 30min, and then stay at the same number for 1-2hr even with moderate use. I think it's the way phone handling it's reading, not the battery. I actually read somewhere that stock phone can't handle well exact reading of extended batteries. I guess it's a small price to pay for high capacity. Just watch out when it drops below 10%.
ScandaLeX likes this.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to twister6 For This Useful Post:
ScandaLeX (May 10th, 2013), wase4711 (May 10th, 2013)
Old May 10th, 2013, 07:46 AM   #60 (permalink)

Device(s): LG G FLEX
Carrier: T-Mobile

yep, this same thing happenned to me; as fast drop to 93%, sat there for several hours, dropped to 74%. then stayed there for several hours, and hit 68 % when I went to bed.Woke up, 8 hours later and it was 66%...

No doubt the phone cant figure out what this giant battery is really doing!

Bottom line, its easy to see that at least 3 days of normal use will be no problem with this battery..BTW, I overclock, have 5 email accounts checking every 10 minutes, gmail, FB, Twitter,and everything else going all the time, in addition to lots of phone calls every day..thats why we have these phones, to USE them!!!
ScandaLeX and twister6 like this.
sponsored links
Old May 10th, 2013, 11:16 AM   #61 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Another thing that helps, once you reach 100% charge marker try to keep it in a charger for another 15-20min. These are not exactly smart self-calibrated batteries (in general), and I think the percentage is based on the final charged voltage of the battery which can reach it's value while continuing to charge up.
Old May 10th, 2013, 12:01 PM   #62 (permalink)
Wasn't Me

Thank you both. Yesterday my battery never dropped below 70% and I'm always using it. Even while watching a whole movie on Netflix it didn't budge.
Went to sleep around 5 am and now 1pm I'm at 68%.

EDIT I figure since mine is the last post I may as well edit it and continue.

Rec'd the Anker externally charger Sat morning but didn't put the battery in it until some time late last night. Woke up this morning, battery (ZL9300) appeared to be charged since the indicator went from red to blue but when I placed the battery in my phone, it was only at 77%.

Although this monstrous battery does fit the Anker charger, I can clearly feel it's not a snug fit. Battery feels loose in it. Also, their own battery felt loose but Samsung's OEM battery was seated snugly.

This here is my first full usage before putting the battery in charger. There is no power saving enabled, screen at full brightness, BT on, some 3G but mostly wifi and some gps.

Last edited by ScandaLeX; May 12th, 2013 at 10:54 AM.
Old May 13th, 2013, 10:36 AM   #63 (permalink)

My results after 3 cycles

I normally average around 24 hours with my 7600 & 7960 mah batteries with medium to heavy use. With the stock battery I only get 12 hours.
Old May 13th, 2013, 12:57 PM   #64 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by srad2drag View Post
My results after 3 cycles

I normally average around 24 hours with my 7600 & 7960 mah batteries with medium to heavy use. With the stock battery I only get 12 hours.
7600 & 7960? Did you mean 6200 & 6400 mAh extended batteries? I haven't seen anything with a confirmed capacity other than double capacity in double size extended battery package. It's physically impossible to fit more capacity because of battery cell limitation. OEM standard 3100 mAh, double extended 6200 mAh (although Mugen managed to squeeze another 200 mAh into their 6400 mAh), and triple extended ZL 9300 mAh which has 3 physical batteries linked together.
Old May 13th, 2013, 01:01 PM   #65 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

@Scandalex: I wonder if the reason it didn't get charged up fully because battery sits loose and not making a tight contact with charger pins. What I would suggest is to use a strip of foam tape inside the battery charger opening on the side opposite of charging contacts - that way it will push the battery tighter against contacts.
ScandaLeX likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to twister6 For This Useful Post:
ScandaLeX (May 14th, 2013)
Old May 13th, 2013, 01:21 PM   #66 (permalink)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

went to a music festival this weekend and picked up the zero lemon i believe on wed. charged it and then used nova battery tester to run it down to shut off then charged it for 12+ hours. so i did lots of uploading of pics to FB, high res pics and videos... currently at 1d 14h 49m and at 49%. i actually find the phone easier to hold with the grippier back that comes with the battery. for 40 bucks... a super steal!
Old May 13th, 2013, 04:01 PM   #67 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by twister6 View Post
7600 & 7960? Did you mean 6200 & 6400 mAh extended batteries? I haven't seen anything with a confirmed capacity other than double capacity in double size extended battery package. It's physically impossible to fit more capacity because of battery cell limitation. OEM standard 3100 mAh, double extended 6200 mAh (although Mugen managed to squeeze another 200 mAh into their 6400 mAh), and triple extended ZL 9300 mAh which has 3 physical batteries linked together.
The information on the back of the batteries stated said MAH. I havent verified by doing any independent testing. I also have the Mugen battery and it does not perform any better than the way cheaper 7960 and 7600 batteries.

Old May 13th, 2013, 09:33 PM   #68 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

The two at the bottom are definitely 6200 mAh. Regarding Mugen, I'm sorry to say but its way too overpriced for $105 when you can get the same battery for under $20 from Anker (although they are discontinuing it) or Hyperion or some others. Mugen battery cover is nicer with a kickstand, and I heard that now they are finally offering that free bonus leather case, but still - they are no longer the only player in town and have to align their pricing to be competitive. Anker built such a stellar reputation with their batteries, they already released double capacity one for S4 w/NFC for $17.99 and 18-month warranty, while Mugen is nowhere to be found probably still scratching their head.

Sorry, didn't mean to turn this into Mugen bashing lol!!!
ScandaLeX likes this.
Old May 14th, 2013, 12:40 AM   #69 (permalink)
Wasn't Me

Quote:
The two at the bottom are definitely 6200 mAh. Regarding Mugen, I'm sorry to say but its way too overpriced for $105 when you can get the same battery for under $20 from Anker (although they are discontinuing it) or Hyperion or some others. Mugen battery cover is nicer with a kickstand, and I heard that now they are finally offering that free bonus leather case, but still - they are no longer the only player in town and have to align their pricing to be competitive. Anker built such a stellar reputation with their batteries, they already released double capacity one for S4 w/NFC for $17.99 and 18-month warranty, while Mugen is nowhere to be found probably still scratching their head.

Sorry, didn't mean to turn this into Mugen bashing lol!!!
I definitely didn't take this as Mugen bashing. They were one of the first out the gate making a name for themselves in the extended battery arena thus commanding a higher price; but that ship has sailed when you can get the same thing for a fraction of their price.
In that regard, Monster comes to mind--you're paying more for the name than anything else.

Thanks for the strip of foam tape tip!!!
Old May 14th, 2013, 10:01 AM   #70 (permalink)

Device(s): HTC Droid DNA, Motorola Droid Razr Maxx (R.I.P.), Motorola OG Droid 2 (R.I.P.)

Hey Everyone,

I am currently developing a 100,000 mAh prototype for the Galaxy Note 2. If enough interest is generated in the forums, I may proceed and manufacture a small run of them. The battery will be available through a direct mount phone case as a standard setup, but I am actually in the process of developing a micro USB adapter to backpack carry system as well. If the OP is interested in reviewing/testing either of these prototypes, I would be happy to send a free sample product.

Here is a sneak peak at one of the earliest prototypes! Obviously the design has vastly improved through many iterations, but just to give you an idea:

Feel free to PM me with any questions.

-Al
JunBringer, saltz and andrewx77 like this.
sponsored links
Old May 16th, 2013, 01:28 PM   #71 (permalink)

Device(s): Sony Xperia Z Ultra (White), LG Nexus 5(White), LG Nexus 4 (Black), Pebble (white), Google CR-48
Carrier: T-Mobile (Prepaid)

lol^

I think I'm going to pick one of these up for my Disney trip in December, since I'd like to take a buttload of pictures and fiddle with the phone while in line all day. Thanks for the recommendation folks!
Old May 16th, 2013, 01:31 PM   #72 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: T-Mobile

I just got the Note 2 and the first thing I did was get this battery. Charged it up for 12+ hours and then proceeded to use it for three and a half days until it got down to 13% (had to charge it up because I needed it for work the next day and couldn't take a chance on it running out).

Great battery, although a littel big. Not sure if I will keep it as my regular battery or use it when I travel for work.
Old May 20th, 2013, 08:42 AM   #73 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy Note II

Just wanted to say that despite my post above, the battery is doing great. As others have said, it appears that the phone just can't tell handle properly reading the much bigger battery.

The last charge lasted over 6 days and I'm currently at 5 days and 3 hours with 34% screen time and I still have 24% battery left. This is phenomenal! Great battery for the Note 2.
Old May 20th, 2013, 10:20 AM   #74 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

This battery became my weekend warrior. During the weekdays when I'm at work, I go back to OEM with UAG case, but on a weekends I don't leave home without. Had it running since Friday, for full 3+ days with 65% screen time of 10+ hours which included 3.5 hr of navigation, and using to make calls while driving. The rest watching movies, playing some games, checking emails, web browsing - full heavy duty use with every single switch on and not even switching to wifi (all 4G). And I still have 15% left. Navigation with full screen on and real time traffic updates while also using the phone - that is the heaviest load. Everything is handled with ease. Still running it down and will switch back to stock when I get to 5%.
Old May 20th, 2013, 09:40 PM   #75 (permalink)
Wasn't Me

So far I've been getting close to 2 days. No power saving, no wifi. BT on 24/7. Full brightness (normally much lower but set high to see what I get out of this battery) Only using 4G. What am I doing that I'm not coming any where near 3 days of use?
Old May 21st, 2013, 02:03 PM   #76 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy S4,Galaxy S3,Galaxy S2 skyrocket, Samsung infuse, Galaxy note, Galaxy note 2.

For me 14-16 hours of screen time and I'm down to 1-2%. The screen time seems to be more consistent then the time unplugged.
Old May 24th, 2013, 11:39 AM   #77 (permalink)

I'm still averaging around 2 days + 14 to 18 hrs of run time with the battery. I thought I could squeak out 3 days the other night but the phone went dead while I was sleeping. I'm still pleased with the performance. I have two, so switching out batteries every 2.5 days is no problem.
Old May 25th, 2013, 09:16 PM   #78 (permalink)

Device(s): Sony Xperia Z Ultra (White), LG Nexus 5(White), LG Nexus 4 (Black), Pebble (white), Google CR-48
Carrier: T-Mobile (Prepaid)

Quote:
For me 14-16 hours of screen time and I'm down to 1-2%. The screen time seems to be more consistent then the time unplugged.
That's ridiculous. I gotta get this thing. I'm wondering if it'll stay mounted as well for me though since I use a sticky thing called PuGoo to mount mine. Worth a try.
Old May 30th, 2013, 02:29 PM   #79 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 2, Motorola Droid Razr
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Pulled the trigger and ordered one. Will keep you all posted on my usage.
Old May 30th, 2013, 02:31 PM   #80 (permalink)

Device(s):

run the perseus kernel and you'll get quicker recharge times
sponsored links
Old June 9th, 2013, 11:51 PM   #81 (permalink)

Device(s): Note 2, 10.1

First cycle:

Old June 11th, 2013, 02:28 PM   #82 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 2,Nexus 7 32gb,Galaxy Note 10.1, and Motorola Xoom
Carrier: Straight Talk

I ordered this with the white case. When I got it and put it on it added much more width to my phone than I find acceptable. So I sent it back.

~Yes I have a phone addiction...and no I'm not looking for a cure!~
Old June 11th, 2013, 08:34 PM   #83 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren S. View Post
I ordered this with the white case. When I got it and put it on it added much more width to my phone than I find acceptable. So I sent it back.
You mean thickness, right? With it's trim TPU case it adds hardly anything to the width of the phone, but obviously will make it thicker due to extended size of the battery (doubling it up).
Old June 17th, 2013, 09:19 AM   #84 (permalink)

Device(s):

Twister,
Absolutely amazing review, possibly the best one i have found online and your thread is the sole purpose of me purchasing this battery, thank you. I havent received mine yet so still looking forward to going through the process, also ordering my external charger now. I like the idea of having the ZL and maybe 2 stock batteries to change out when not needing days of battery. Cant wait to give this a shot.
Old June 17th, 2013, 10:20 AM   #85 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckdog_5 View Post
Twister,
Absolutely amazing review, possibly the best one i have found online and your thread is the sole purpose of me purchasing this battery, thank you. I havent received mine yet so still looking forward to going through the process, also ordering my external charger now. I like the idea of having the ZL and maybe 2 stock batteries to change out when not needing days of battery. Cant wait to give this a shot.
You are welcome! If you have a few spare hours, lock your wallet and head over to my complete review index with all other accessories I have reviewed in the last 4-5 months: http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-note-2/708384-twister-reviews-note-2-accessories.html

Regarding external charger, that's hit'n'miss. The one I was writing about in my mod doesn't work that well anymore because contacts got loose. Ideally you want to find a charger where you using your external 2A wall charger. If you can't, then look for wall chargers that give you at least 600 mA of current (don't mistake it with their usb output, has to be DC output charging current), cause majority of cheap ebay stuff is 350 mA and that will take you over a day to wait for charging.

Btw, I still have no info about Zerolemon rugged case. They promised to release it sometime in July, and I was hopping to have some preliminary info from them sooner, but no luck yet. Although I have info about Defender mod, I found it to be not reliable (maybe because I had a fake Defender and outside rubber shell wasn't as stretchable?). So my recommendation to either use bundled TPU case (which keep the phone with ZL9k3 very slimi) or wait for a promised rugged case.
Old June 17th, 2013, 11:20 AM   #86 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
You are welcome! If you have a few spare hours, lock your wallet and head over to my complete review index with all other accessories I have reviewed in the last 4-5 months: http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-note-2/708384-twister-reviews-note-2-accessories.html

Regarding external charger, that's hit'n'miss. The one I was writing about in my mod doesn't work that well anymore because contacts got loose. Ideally you want to find a charger where you using your external 2A wall charger. If you can't, then look for wall chargers that give you at least 600 mA of current (don't mistake it with their usb output, has to be DC output charging current), cause majority of cheap ebay stuff is 350 mA and that will take you over a day to wait for charging.
Looks like i have something to do for a couple of hours. As far as the charger, is there one you recommend and could provide a link for? Also, i read your review on the anker replacement battery, i decided to pick one of those up as well. It would be nice to have a couple of batteries laying around to interchange at will when i dont want to carry around the ZL brick.

Edit: if im reading this correctly, this has an dc output of 600, would this one suffice?

http://www.amazon.com/Multi-Purpose-Universal-Charger-Battery-iPhones/dp/B0058XGN7I/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1371486651&sr=8-11&keywords=galaxy+note+2+external+charger
Last edited by chuckdog_5; June 17th, 2013 at 11:37 AM.
Old June 17th, 2013, 03:12 PM   #87 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Quote:
Looks like i have something to do for a couple of hours. As far as the charger, is there one you recommend and could provide a link for? Also, i read your review on the anker replacement battery, i decided to pick one of those up as well. It would be nice to have a couple of batteries laying around to interchange at will when i dont want to carry around the ZL brick.

Edit: if im reading this correctly, this has an dc output of 600, would this one suffice?

http://www.amazon.com/Multi-Purpose-Universal-Charger-Battery-iPhones/dp/B0058XGN7I/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1371486651&sr=8-11&keywords=galaxy+note+2+external+charger
The only problem it's an universal charger and I'm not sure if Zerolemon will fit in there. I would go with something like: Amazon.com: [540 days warranty] Anker® 2 x 3100mAh Li-ion Batteries for Samsung Galaxy Note 2/II, GT-N7100, SCH-I605(Verizon), SGH-I317(AT&T), SGH-T889(T-Mobile), SPH-L900(Sprint), SCH-R950(U.S. Cellular), fits EB595675LA + Free Anker White Multi-Con where beside a pair of 3100mAh you also get 600mA charger. I have been using their 3100 mAh battery exclusively now, and can tell you with certainty it performs better than stock battery. Could it be due to aging of my stock battery after 6-7 months of use, don't know. But performance is noticeably better.

Keep in mind, dealing with Amazon always enables you to return product back hassle free, and with Anker you get 18-months warranty.
Old June 17th, 2013, 05:52 PM   #88 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
The only problem it's an universal charger and I'm not sure if Zerolemon will fit in there. I would go with something like: Amazon.com: [540 days warranty] Anker® 2 x 3100mAh Li-ion Batteries for Samsung Galaxy Note 2/II, GT-N7100, SCH-I605(Verizon), SGH-I317(AT&T), SGH-T889(T-Mobile), SPH-L900(Sprint), SCH-R950(U.S. Cellular), fits EB595675LA + Free Anker White Multi-Con where beside a pair of 3100mAh you also get 600mA charger. I have been using their 3100 mAh battery exclusively now, and can tell you with certainty it performs better than stock battery. Could it be due to aging of my stock battery after 6-7 months of use, don't know. But performance is noticeably better.

Keep in mind, dealing with Amazon always enables you to return product back hassle free, and with Anker you get 18-months warranty.
Awesome, ill pick up that external charger and go from there. Cant wait to get this thing and see how it is.
Old June 17th, 2013, 11:14 PM   #89 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy S4,Galaxy S3,Galaxy S2 skyrocket, Samsung infuse, Galaxy note, Galaxy note 2.

Zerolemon said stock for the back cover should be back in stock with in the next week.
Old June 18th, 2013, 04:59 AM   #90 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Zerolemon said stock for the back cover should be back in stock with in the next week.

They are on back order? i ordered mine the other day and received a tracking number, but maybe thats why the tracking number doesnt work.
sponsored links
Old June 18th, 2013, 01:18 PM   #91 (permalink)

For the black cover +battery it's showing as unavailable.
Old June 19th, 2013, 02:52 PM   #92 (permalink)

Device(s): HTC Evo 4G - Sprint Rooted Stock Rom HTC Hero - Sprint Rooted w/ Fresh 2.1.1

The new retailer for the Batteries has them listed on Ebay, still nothing on Amazon.

-R
Old June 20th, 2013, 12:22 AM   #93 (permalink)

Device(s):

Default My Jump into the Zero Lemon 9300mAh

Good Day all.

Thanks for all the postings and responses and shared information.
It's been quite helpful.

I don't understand yet how to "hit Thanks" even though I've tried clicking it.
Just note I'd click on Thanks for pretty much allt he posts.
I've read it from the beginning to the end.

I purchased the battery FINALLY when it was available.
I then realized the following day I should purchase some charger to go with it.
I received the batteries on Saturday 06/15/2013.
I wanted to put them in immediately but then decided I should try and wait for the charger.

The charger hasn't come as of yet.
SO I decided to use the regular charger.
I was kind of disappointed with the NFC disconnect.
But I figured right now I needed the battery MORE than I needed NFC.
I was going to figure out a way to try and hack that to get it added to my phone without needing the original case.

So let me just state that the standard battery lasts me about 7-8 hrs. 3100mAh.
I normally disconnect the battery around 4-5am when I get up and leave for work.
I then find that the battery is at 100% but upon the first 15-20min is now at 97-98%.

Somewhere around 11:30am-12:45pm - I find that the battery reaches around 30-35%.
At the rate it is going I figure by the time I leave around 3pm, I would be down to less than 13-15%. So I start charging around 30-35%, it takes about 2.25-2.75 hrs and its between 97-100%.

I guess I would qualify myself as a power user with various apps going.
GPS, Social Connections, various Apps.

I've read of the outrageous times people are getting with this battery and figured it is ideal for me.

Before I had the Samsung Galaxy Note 2.. I had an HTC Evo design 4G.
The battery lasted me a good 4-5 hrs.
Prior to the HTC, I had an old Windows Cingular 81xx (forgot the model) phone.
I kept that phone for 5+ years because I was grandfathered in the old data plan.
I relinquished the phone due to its unstable nature, I had to reset it 4-6 times a day. It would only hold a charge with use up to 2 hrs without use perhaps 4 hrs.
I had to always look for outlets to charge the phone.

SO I was very aware of energy consumption and being keyed into battery life.

In any event, this is so far what I've come up with.

I disconnected the standard battery from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2.
I connected the ZeroLemon battery, it registered over 60-65%.
I am using the included battery charger of Samsung (2000mAh or 2Amps).

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 - SPRINT model SPH-L900
Android Version: 4.1.2

Here's my results.

Charged Battery starting at
06/18/2013 --------------------------------------
9am/9:30am - battery around 60-65%.

11:30am Found battery was disconnected from phone - reconnected.
I was disappointed and hoped that I did not disrupt the timing/memory charge of the battery so I reconnected it at 11:34am and started the charge again.

Battery initially showed 7% charge - after powering off the phone and powering it back --
Phone showed up as 70-75%... I continued the charge.

4:30pm - Phone showed 100% charged. - kept phone charging till 7pm.
I figured that if I let it charge a little longer that it may compensate for the battery disconnect at 11:30am.

7pm - Disconnected phone 100% charged.

06/19/2013 --------------------------------------
06:01am - at 73%
07:34am - at 67%
10:11am - at 52%
10:30am - at 50%
10:39am - at 49%
11:44am - at 44%
12:09pm - at 40%
12:15pm - at 39%
02:14pm - at 35%
02:39pm - at 31%
02:45pm - at 31%
02:50pm - at 29%
02:55pm - at 28%
03:02pm - at 27%
04:00pm - at 20%
04:15pm - at 17%
04:32pm - at 15%
04:40pm - at 13%
04:57pm - at 12%
05:13pm - at 10%
05:29pm - at 09%
05:36pm - at 08%
05:44pm - at 06%
05:59pm - at 04%
06:20pm - at 04%
06:30pm - at 03%
07:58pm - at 02%

I had to play a game, check email, ran GPS (2 programs), use some graphic apps... to bring the % down to the magic 2% which was requested by Zero Lemon to start the battery charge.

SO I have found that its taken a LONG time to discharge even though the phone has been indicating that I needed to plug it in after the 15% marker and it started to use features that I guess are built into the system - for example: The screen dimmed. -- this happened after 10% marker.

(Note: -- I started recording the time at 9:36pm at this point because I was writing this message)

Charging started on 06/19/2013 at...
07:79pm - at 02%
09:35pm - at 24%
09:43pm - at 25%
09:50pm - at 26%
10:03pm - at 28%
10:15pm - at 29%

I'll keep a log of it but this is just my second session (counting the very first time I connected it to the phone).

I am hoping to get up to the 2-3 days of charge versus so far the 23.5hs to 24hs.
Will report what I can come up with.

I am also looking to see if anyone has done any jury-rigging with the NFC that's with the original case. I've not been successful finding any video's or DIY notes on it.

I'm also looking to eventually root my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 -- but still getting my feet wet with all the various MODS and the ways it can be rooted.

I am still waiting on the 2nd battery charger 2amp Samsung OEM I bought.
I also bought a Samsung Note 2 stand/battery charger - partly because it also includes the 2Amp charger. I figure I can modify it to accept the Zero Lemon 9300mAh battery.

SOME FYI suggestions I have only after having explored and purchased the ZeroLemon.
1. Get a Screen protector as the case only covers the back.
2. Get a spare 2Amp charger
3. Get a battery charger and

Thanks for reading/viewing.
Sincerely,
Satori Agape.
Old June 20th, 2013, 07:03 PM   #94 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
For the black cover +battery it's showing as unavailable.
ah ok, i ordered the white one.
Old June 24th, 2013, 08:24 PM   #95 (permalink)

Device(s):

Well finally put the 9300 on. With blue tooth, gps, screen at 100% its at 63% right since 1pm, not bad. The overall size isnt as bad as i thought it would be, just will take some getting used to. I wish i would of ordered the black one, didnt think about the white case getting dirty.
Old June 25th, 2013, 07:07 PM   #96 (permalink)

Device(s):

anybody have a guestimate of how long the 9300 takes to charge in a 600ma external charger?
Old June 25th, 2013, 09:52 PM   #97 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Quote:
anybody have a guestimate of how long the 9300 takes to charge in a 600ma external charger?
In ideal setup, its a simple math: 9300 mAh / 600 mA = 15.5 h. But realistically 600 mA charger (from Anker, right?) will have some conversion losses and probably it will be closer to 500+ mA, so we are talking probably 17h-18h.
Old June 25th, 2013, 11:55 PM   #98 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
In ideal setup, its a simple math: 9300 mAh / 600 mA = 15.5 h. But realistically 600 mA charger (from Anker, right?) will have some conversion losses and probably it will be closer to 500+ mA, so we are talking probably 17h-18h.
Yes its the Anker one. Damn, i didnt realize it was going to take that long to recharge it. But its not much of a big deal because i also purchased 3 Anker replacement batteries and i have two external chargers, so there is no reason for me to have it plugged in anymore.
Old July 1st, 2013, 08:39 PM   #99 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

I have an update to share with you!!!

Apparently the release of ZeroLemon rugged case got pushed toward the end of July because initial design was too costly for mass production. ZL guys want to be sure its not just a great case but also cost effective.

Now, here is a great news! The design will be universal to accommodate either standard 3100 mAh battery, or extended 6200 mAh battery, or triple capacity ZeroLemon 9300 mAh battery!!! Which means you no longer have to worry about switching between different case as you decide which battery to use.

As soon as I have more updates or pictures, I will post it here right away. And of course, as soon as it's available - a detailed review "with lots of pics!" to follow
Caloy likes this.
Old July 2nd, 2013, 06:01 AM   #100 (permalink)

Device(s): Motorola Droid(R) HTC Thunderbolt Samsung Note 2

will the rugged case be available to purchase without buying another battery ?

Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

Announced at IFA 2012, the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 follows its predecessor with a focus on creativity. The device improves the experience by adding more S-Pen functionality and new-generation specs, not to mention the slightly larger 5.5-inch display... Read More

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 2