Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By womb raider

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old May 8th, 2013, 05:06 AM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Motorola Droid 4 (temp?)
Carrier: Verizon

Question HELP With Micro SD Not Detected! + Lock Screen/Battery

I am a fairly new Note 2 user, and I am using it for quite a bit of HD video viewing and with the need to store my movies on the SD card, I tried to put in a 32gb. I was not having issues with the 16gb I put in, until it got full! So, I 'Unmounted' the 16gb, pulled it, took the folders off it and put them on the 32gb using my laptop, then put the 32gb in the phone. It still showed that it was a 16gb! So I rebooted the phone, tried un-mounting and re-mounting again. STILL showing a storage space on the card of 16gb total. WTF is the deal??? Anyone know how to get this thing to read correctly so I can store my video files?

Two other issues I am having that are minor, have to do with the lock screen.
1. Whenever I have to 'Swipe to Unlock', and I do so, and it shows the silly high-graphic 'ripple effect', I have to repeat this swipe motion on the screen 2-3 times before it will open the screen.

2. Does anyone know how to change the apps at the base of the Lock Screen, or better yet, remove them completely? It shows the default 'Phone', 'Mssg', 'Google', 'Email', and 'Cam', but I would like to remove them from the lock screen or at least change them like I can easily do on the home screens. It will not allow me to press and hold to move them. Any ideas?

While I am at it, if anyone happens to know, are there any compatible longer-lasting batteries for the Note 2 that do NOT require you to have a huge bulky replacement back cover? If not, what is the best battery set-up of any kind to put in the phone for long-time use and video watching?

THANKS GUYS, YOU ROCK!! xoxoxo

sponsored links
Old May 8th, 2013, 05:55 AM   #2 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy Note II SIM Free. GT-N7100. OS 4.1.2 JB
Carrier: UK '3' Network

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow_mo_panda View Post

Two other issues I am having that are minor, have to do with the lock screen.
1. Whenever I have to 'Swipe to Unlock', and I do so, and it shows the silly high-graphic 'ripple effect', I have to repeat this swipe motion on the screen 2-3 times before it will open the screen.

2. Does anyone know how to change the apps at the base of the Lock Screen, or better yet, remove them completely? It shows the default 'Phone', 'Mssg', 'Google', 'Email', and 'Cam', but I would like to remove them from the lock screen or at least change them like I can easily do on the home screens. It will not allow me to press and hold to move them. Any ideas?

Make the selections 'Menu key / Settings / Lock screen / Lock screen options'. To remove all shortcuts deselect 'Shortcuts' or alternatively, click on it to choose the ones you want.

Whilst you are on the 'Lock screen options' page you can also un-tick the 'Ripple effect' box.
Old May 8th, 2013, 06:07 AM   #3 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
I am a fairly new Note 2 user, and I am using it for quite a bit of HD video viewing and with the need to store my movies on the SD card, I tried to put in a 32gb. I was not having issues with the 16gb I put in, until it got full! So, I 'Unmounted' the 16gb, pulled it, took the folders off it and put them on the 32gb using my laptop, then put the 32gb in the phone. It still showed that it was a 16gb! So I rebooted the phone, tried un-mounting and re-mounting again. STILL showing a storage space on the card of 16gb total. WTF is the deal??? Anyone know how to get this thing to read correctly so I can store my video files?

Are you sure it's not just saying that you have 16gb left on the 32gb card? If you filled the 32gb card up with 16gb of videos from your first card, that would leave 16gb left on the new card....
PiscesCloud likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to womb raider For This Useful Post:
PiscesCloud (May 8th, 2013)
Old May 8th, 2013, 06:12 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:

While I am at it, if anyone happens to know, are there any compatible longer-lasting batteries for the Note 2 that do NOT require you to have a huge bulky replacement back cover? If not, what is the best battery set-up of any kind to put in the phone for long-time use and video watching?

If you have not done so already it may be worthwhile to switch the phone off and remove the battery for a few minutes.

It will help the battery if you reduce the amount of syncing the phone does on various accounts and also disable any of the pre-installed apps you don't use. More detail on how to do the latter at post #5 at

How to get horrible "Chat-On" off my phone?
Old May 8th, 2013, 06:16 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by womb raider View Post
Are you sure it's not just saying that you have 16gb left on the 32gb card? If you filled the 32gb card up with 16gb of videos from your first card, that would leave 16gb left on the new card....
Good thinking batman!!
Old May 8th, 2013, 04:35 PM   #6 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Motorola Droid 4 (temp?)
Carrier: Verizon

Thumbs up

I figured out the SD card, and no it wasn't that it had 16gb left, it was that it was just showing the phone's internal storage. Still, I filled up the 32gb easily because I have several episodes of GOT in HD, and I will need to get a class 10 64gb card ASAP.

Thanks for the power-saver tips. Does anyone know how to turn off auto sync/update for emails, facebook, and apps?
Old May 17th, 2013, 06:27 PM   #7 (permalink)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
I figured out the SD card, and no it wasn't that it had 16gb left, it was that it was just showing the phone's internal storage. Still, I filled up the 32gb easily because I have several episodes of GOT in HD, and I will need to get a class 10 64gb card ASAP.

Thanks for the power-saver tips. Does anyone know how to turn off auto sync/update for emails, facebook, and apps?
GoT. Nice choice.

Auto sync can be toggled globally from the pull down status bar toggles, meaning no data will be synced.

Individually apps also have their own settings on how often they check for changes and sync data. It would be a case of fully exploring settings menus to find the options.

Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

Announced at IFA 2012, the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 follows its predecessor with a focus on creativity. The device improves the experience by adding more S-Pen functionality and new-generation specs, not to mention the slightly larger 5.5-inch display... Read More

Tags
battery life, lock screen apps, lock screen problem, micro sd, micro sd capacity, replacement battery, samsung note 2

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 2