Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By twister6
  • 1 Post By twister6

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old May 17th, 2013, 09:15 AM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Fascinate, Droid X, Nexus 7, Note 2
Carrier: V

Default Review of Anker 3.6A dual port wall charger w/pics!!!

This is a review of Anker 3.6A dual usb port wall charger: Amazon.com: AnkerŪ 18W / 3.6A Wall Charger - The First and Only Adapter Capable of Delivering Simultaneous, Full-Speed Charges to iPads and Smartphones: Electronics

Just like cases, wall chargers market starting to get saturated with too many choices any time you search for one. But to find a good quality one that will live up to its current rating, have a reliable design that will not burn out, and with a relatively small footprint and dual output - that's not easy to find. I looked into testing of new Anker 3.6A wall charger to see how it will meet all these requirements.

First of all, the charger itself is very compact and lightweight. Under 80g with a dimensions of approximately 70mm x 55mm x 25mm it will be very comfortable to take with you while traveling. It's slim design is not obstructive if you either plug it into wall outlet (leaving enough room for another plug if its a dual outlet) or power strip where it could be used along side with other cables. For such a slim design it has a very impressive spec of 3.6A of shared output current between two ports. Obviously having a dual usb port is a huge bonus, but being able to supply 3.6A into both of them (combined and shared between two ports) or into each (if only one port used at a time) - this is very impressive! Yes, they have it labeled as one port being Android and the other one Apple, but while testing it with Galaxy Note 2 and Nexus 7 I found both ports work reliably to charge android devices. I guess this just means that you can also use it to charge Apple device with their proprietary charging circuit. I have another dual wall charger from about a year ago where I can't charger Android devices from "apple" port. This Anker charger, which I verified with their car charger as well, has no issues powering up Android devices I tested from their "apple" port. I also verified with my Note 2 that charging current was at max 2A, so the phone will be charged up at maximum speed. Furthermore, I had both Note 2 and Nexus 7 plugged in together, both charging as AC in battery setting, and I have verified Note 2 sinking 2A. Also while charging, I didn't feel any overheating, it stayed cool.

Definitely a highly recommended wall charger and a great value for under $12 for 3.6A dual port slim design which is covered by Anker's 18-month warranty.

Here are some pics:

drexappeal likes this.

Complete List of all smartphone and tablet Accessory and Gadget REVIEWS by Twister => HERE
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to twister6 For This Useful Post:
DonB (May 17th, 2013), drexappeal (May 17th, 2013)
sponsored links
Old May 17th, 2013, 01:09 PM   #2 (permalink)

Device(s): G Note 3 Sprint (Jet Black), MoPhoQ Sprint, Mopho Sprint & G Note 8.0 Wi-fi
Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 2,633 Times in 1,760 Posts

Great find and review, twister! This one is saved on my wishlist now.
Old May 17th, 2013, 06:44 PM   #3 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Fascinate, Droid X, Nexus 7, Note 2
Carrier: V

Quote:
Originally Posted by drexappeal View Post
Great find and review, twister! This one is saved on my wishlist now.
One thing I have to mention is that when charging Note 2 and another Android non-Samsung device, I would recommend to keep Note 2 on "apple" port while other device on "android" port. I had two Nexus 7 tablets charging on both ports, starting at the same low battery level, and found the one connected to "android" port was charging at a faster rate. Bottom line, Samsung phones charge at fast rate from both ports, while other Android devices like Nexus 7 charge faster from android port versus apple one.
drexappeal likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to twister6 For This Useful Post:
drexappeal (May 17th, 2013)

Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

Announced at IFA 2012, the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 follows its predecessor with a focus on creativity. The device improves the experience by adding more S-Pen functionality and new-generation specs, not to mention the slightly larger 5.5-inch display... Read More

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 2