Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old May 26th, 2013, 04:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default Stock email app not showing all emails

I am using the stock email app to view my hotmail messages. I have a lot of email in my inbox but only the last two days show up on my phone. There is no setting I can find to fix this. Does anyone know what else to do? An example is a hotel reservation that I have saved to my inbox. I want to be able to view that at the hotel when I arrive but since it is a month old, I can only get it via the computer. For such a sophisticated phone, this is crap.

sponsored links
Old May 26th, 2013, 04:53 PM   #2 (permalink)

Device(s): HTC M8 Retired Rezound Retired Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

Thanked 5,019 Times in 2,987 Posts

Hi Curls and welcome to AF. I'm sure that your PC mail reader is set to remove mail from the server. In other words, once you download it to your PC it isn't setting on the mail server any longer. Thus, it's not there for your phone to retrieve. I have both my phone and my PC set to remove mail from the server. I almost always grab my mail from my phone. If I should happen to get my mail from my PC, I can't get it on my phone because it's no longer on the server.

I hope that clears up the problem you are experiencing. Have fun and thanks for joining and using these forums.
Old May 27th, 2013, 10:48 AM   #3 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy Note II
Carrier: Verizon

Send a message via Yahoo to pool_shark

I believe the problem is that tue stock email app will only show you emails that are 2-4 weeks old. Why they chose to implement that I don't know.

It's the same with yahoo. Using the stock email app my inbox is empty, but using the yahoo email app I have emails from last year.

You can always use your browser to view your hotmail emails.

Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

Announced at IFA 2012, the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 follows its predecessor with a focus on creativity. The device improves the experience by adding more S-Pen functionality and new-generation specs, not to mention the slightly larger 5.5-inch display... Read More

Tags
hotmail, stock email

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 2