Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 2

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old June 2nd, 2013, 05:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default Need quick screen lock on/off app

Hi all,

In relation to the much discussed bluetooth/lock screen android fiasco, I am looking for an app that, once I unlock with the pin option, keeps the phone unlocked until push a button to lock it.

I could do the "enable slide unlock, disable pin" option, but then I have to reset the pin to re-enable pin locking (takes way to long with way too many steps).

Thanks in advance!

Advertisements
sponsored links
Old June 4th, 2013, 06:54 PM   #2 (permalink)

Device(s): G Note 3 Sprint (Jet Black), LG G3 Sprint (Gold), MoPhoQ Sprint, Mopho Sprint & G Note 8.0 Wi-fi
Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 2,815 Times in 1,900 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by altarn View Post
Hi all,

In relation to the much discussed bluetooth/lock screen android fiasco, I am looking for an app that, once I unlock with the pin option, keeps the phone unlocked until push a button to lock it.

I could do the "enable slide unlock, disable pin" option, but then I have to reset the pin to re-enable pin locking (takes way to long with way too many steps).

Thanks in advance!
Widgetlocker

If you enable Widgetlocker and use it as your dedicated lock screen, you'll be able to keep the pin unlock to only activate after a maximum of 30 minutes without using the phone. That's how I have my phone currently set, since my Work email Active Sync requires the PIN. Be sure that you de-activate your stock swype to unlock, when enabling widgetlocker.

It works perfectly for my needs.
Old June 6th, 2013, 05:26 PM   #3 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

Hi drexappeal,

Thanks for the suggestion. I was hoping for and "endless" unlock until I decide to push the button and lock it. But I will investigate your suggestion!

Anyone else?
Old June 6th, 2013, 09:04 PM   #4 (permalink)

Device(s): G Note 3 Sprint (Jet Black), LG G3 Sprint (Gold), MoPhoQ Sprint, Mopho Sprint & G Note 8.0 Wi-fi

Quote:
Originally Posted by altarn View Post
Hi drexappeal,

Thanks for the suggestion. I was hoping for and "endless" unlock until I decide to push the button and lock it. But I will investigate your suggestion!

Anyone else?
Try this:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.j4velin.delayedlock2&feature=search_ result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImRlLmo0dmVsaW4uZGVsYXll ZGxvY2syIl0.
Old June 7th, 2013, 08:10 PM   #5 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy Nexus

Or Tasker accompanied with secure settings.... Both in the play store... Maybe try secure settings first. It may have the option
Old June 7th, 2013, 08:14 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by justpastfinish View Post
Or Tasker accompanied with secure settings.... Both in the play store... Maybe try secure settings first. It may have the option
Woah! Just took a look at Secure Settings. Does that work without Tasker? It mentions it's a plug-in for tasker, so just want to be sure before I try that.

-EDIT- Nevermind. Just noticed, some mentioned in reviews that it requires root.
Old June 7th, 2013, 08:15 PM   #7 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy Nexus

I can open it by itself and it works but I use it with Tasker. I have a profile that, when I'm connected to my home wifi, it disables my pattern lock and just has swipe unlock. Then when I'm not connected to wifi it re enables my pattern lock. I love it.

Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

Announced at IFA 2012, the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 follows its predecessor with a focus on creativity. The device improves the experience by adding more S-Pen functionality and new-generation specs, not to mention the slightly larger 5.5-inch display... Read More

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 2