Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By bhero
  • 1 Post By MISS DIVA

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old June 13th, 2013, 11:39 AM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Note 3, Huawei E586 MiFi
Carrier: Vodafone/Three/O2

Arrow Note III/Note II as 1st phone - advice please

I've pretty much settled on an unlocked Samsung Galaxy Note as my first smart phone. I'm basically after a pocket computer than can make phone calls. I'm waiting on the Note III at the moment as it looks like it will be launched in the Autumn or at least in 2013.

My interest is particularly photography and I tend to use a real camera for that and not a phone's camera. Several of my cameras are equipped with wifi memory cards and I've found that whizzing a picture over to a phone that way works pretty well. I also travel with a Mifi unit in my pocket. And to date I travel with a laptop.

I'm already looking at photography related apps.

Anyway, I'd appreciate any advice on the Galaxy Note x series or someone telling me I'm making a bad decision. I've been using solely Apple computers since Nov 1987 but I have issues with what I know of iPhones.

Advertisements
sponsored links
Old June 13th, 2013, 01:32 PM   #2 (permalink)

Device(s): Skyrocket,Xoom
Carrier: GoPhone LTE

I got nothing on the phone but served a photographer with tech support. He found that using Google drive to upload her files to was quicker and safer. More recently flicker has giving out a terabyte in storage. I trust Google more. But just mention this in case it might help. Both your phones are ready for that task. Google+ will automatically upload them. I turned off everything but the photo upload. I guess I am not friendly
Atma likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to bhero For This Useful Post:
Atma (June 13th, 2013)
Old June 13th, 2013, 01:47 PM   #3 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy S2; Nexus 10
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanked 2,907 Times in 1,852 Posts

Hi Simon Welcome to the forums.

I haven't owned a Note. I plan on the Note 3 being the first. I would think it would be good for editing photos with the stylus if thats something you need to do. A couple apps I have, Photoshop Touch and Photo Editor. I use the free Photo Editor a lot more than the Photoshop app.
The Following User Says Thank You to Atma For This Useful Post:
ocnbrze (July 19th, 2013)
Old June 14th, 2013, 05:12 AM   #4 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy S2, Galaxy Note, Galaxy Note 2, LG G PAD
Carrier: T Mobile UK

HI Simon

I own the Note and Note 2 phones, they are truly brilliant. I love the fact that I can do anything on them and they are my must have devices.

Head over to the Note and Note 2 forums for the best advice and community friendship,you will love it.
The Following User Says Thank You to MISS DIVA For This Useful Post:
Old June 14th, 2013, 05:21 AM   #5 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy S2, Galaxy Note, Galaxy Note 2, LG G PAD
Carrier: T Mobile UK

Lucid Mikes 'Daily Note' channel on Youtube is the best place to discover how fantastic the Note series is

Mike has put together the ultimate guide on what these phones can do. He is my Note 2 guru and I'm confident when the Note 3 is released he will do another brilliant guide

Enjoy

The Daily Note II: Galaxy Note 2 Videos - YouTube
divagirl likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to MISS DIVA For This Useful Post:
Old June 14th, 2013, 09:01 PM   #6 (permalink)
AF Addict

Device(s): G Note 3 Sprint (Jet Black), LG G3 Sprint (Gold), MoPhoQ Sprint, Mopho Sprint & G Note 8.0 Wi-fi
Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 2,841 Times in 1,921 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon_Gardner View Post
I've pretty much settled on an unlocked Samsung Galaxy Note as my first smart phone. I'm basically after a pocket computer than can make phone calls. I'm waiting on the Note III at the moment as it looks like it will be launched in the Autumn or at least in 2013.

My interest is particularly photography and I tend to use a real camera for that and not a phone's camera. Several of my cameras are equipped with wifi memory cards and I've found that whizzing a picture over to a phone that way works pretty well. I also travel with a Mifi unit in my pocket. And to date I travel with a laptop.

I'm already looking at photography related apps.

Anyway, I'd appreciate any advice on the Galaxy Note x series or someone telling me I'm making a bad decision. I've been using solely Apple computers since Nov 1987 but I have issues with what I know of iPhones.
I don't think you can go wrong with either the Note 2 or the Note 3. It really just depends on how long you're willing to wait. If everything goes as rumors are saying, the Note 3 won't be out until October/November. I might even have my International Note 2 available for sale again, but I won't know for a couple days. PM me if interested.
The Following User Says Thank You to drexappeal For This Useful Post:

Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

Samsung is coming back with its legendary phablet. The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 comes packed with the best of specs, featuring a 5.7-inch display, a Snapdragon 800 procesor, a 3200 mAh battery and all the specs you can expect from a top-end device.&nb... Read More

Tags
galaxy, note, note 3, note iii, samsung

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 3