• 1 Post By Gearu
  • 1 Post By twospirits
  • 1 Post By KOLIO
  • 2 Post By The_Chief
  • 2 Post By twospirits
  • 1 Post By drexappeal

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old July 22nd, 2013, 01:45 AM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): HTC One (M8), Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Samsung Galaxy S II, Google G1
Carrier: t-mobile

Default This will be my next phone/phablet

I'm currently using a Samsung Galaxy S2 and I was heavily tempted to upgrade to an S4. Now that I've seen some rumored pics and specs of this behemoth I'm pretty sure this will be my next phone. I really like the idea of that huge 5.7" screen and 3000 mAH battery. The only question I really have is will it fit in my pockets? Guess I'll have to wait until it's actually released to find out.

Advertisements
sponsored links
Old July 22nd, 2013, 06:39 PM   #2 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy S2; Nexus 10
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanked 2,907 Times in 1,852 Posts

It will fit in your pocket. Just don't sit down.
dontpanicbobby likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Atma For This Useful Post:
Marcus Assab (August 5th, 2013)
Old July 23rd, 2013, 12:29 AM   #3 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

I never use my back pocket for devices. They make my butt look lumpy. The wallet isn't so bad because is seldom has money in it.
Atma and LouWags like this.
Old July 31st, 2013, 06:49 PM   #4 (permalink)
AF Addict

Device(s): G Note 3 Sprint (Jet Black), LG G3 Sprint (Gold), MoPhoQ Sprint, Mopho Sprint & G Note 8.0 Wi-fi
Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 2,837 Times in 1,918 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontpanicbobby View Post
I'm currently using a Samsung Galaxy S2 and I was heavily tempted to upgrade to an S4. Now that I've seen some rumored pics and specs of this behemoth I'm pretty sure this will be my next phone. I really like the idea of that huge 5.7" screen and 3000 mAH battery. The only question I really have is will it fit in my pockets? Guess I'll have to wait until it's actually released to find out.
Why wait? Just go into the store and see how the Note 2 feels/fits. If that doesn't fit in your current pockets, I wouldn't wait on the Note 3. Best case scenario (as far as size) is that it will be slightly smaller than the Note 2 (assuming 5.7 inch screen, crammed into a smaller overall size than the Note 2). Other than that, there's really no way for a screen bigger than 5.7 inches, to be smaller overall than the Note 2. Theoretically, it could be less "thick" than the Note 2, but the overall size will have to increase if it ends up 6 inches or more.
Old August 4th, 2013, 07:39 PM   #5 (permalink)
AF Contributor

Device(s): Galaxy S4, Note 2, Nexus 4, 7, 7.2 & 10
Carrier: AT&T

I'd be happy to see it equipped with a 6" display, that is my ideal size.

5.7 will make it hard to decide since I already have a Galaxy S4. In addition having my Nexus 7.2 to compare, it's this first hand experience that has helped me to determine 6" as the right size for me. Even if that means it's a bit larger than the Note 2, that's no problem. I will buy one without hesitation.

Only time will tell.
Old August 4th, 2013, 11:50 PM   #6 (permalink)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

It might not be necessarily a much bigger phone; they could just be more efficient with the current size and make the screen go end to end similar to how they got an extra .2" going from the GS3 to the GS4.

On a side note, there is word that HTC is coming out with the One Max which is 6" as well.
Old August 5th, 2013, 10:05 AM   #7 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy S2; Nexus 10
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanked 2,907 Times in 1,852 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by androidpod View Post
I'd be happy to see it equipped with a 6" display, that is my ideal size.

If its not 6" I think I'll be going for the Xperia Z Ultra when the LTE version is released.
Old August 5th, 2013, 10:47 AM   #8 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy S5, LG G2
Carrier: at&t

I was in the moto X camp until recently but left them after its unveil last Thursday. I was underwhelmed by its spec, pricing and lastly camera. I know it's very nice phone for many but not for me. I think Moto could have done better than that. Now it's either LG G2 or Note 3 for me.

As for the size of Note 3, I don't mind 6" screen if it doesn't grow in size from current Note 2. But if not, I'm fine with 5.5"~5.7" screen. Note 2 is as far as I will go in phone size.
Old August 5th, 2013, 10:50 AM   #9 (permalink)
=Luceat Lux Vestra=

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S5, Galaxy Tab 7" 2
Carrier: Verizon

Thanked 9,265 Times in 5,119 Posts

Quote:
Dont panic, Bobby; my Galaxy Tab 2 7" fits (snuggly) in my back pocket. So the Note 3 should fit your pocket (I use a holster for my Note 2).

I seldom put the Tab there, but it has come in handy a time or two.

The Following User Says Thank You to Frisco For This Useful Post:
drexappeal (August 5th, 2013)
Old August 5th, 2013, 11:55 AM   #10 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Nexus and LG G Pad 10.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atma View Post
If its not 6" I think I'll be going for the Xperia Z Ultra when the LTE version is released.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandroidfan View Post
I was in the moto X camp until recently but left them after its unveil last Thursday. I was underwhelmed by its spec, pricing and lastly camera. I know it's very nice phone for many but not for me. I think Moto could have done better than that. Now it's either LG G2 or Note 3 for me.

As for the size of Note 3, I don't mind 6" screen if it doesn't grow in size from current Note 2. But if not, I'm fine with 5.5"~5.7" screen. Note 2 is as far as I will go in phone size.
For me its going to come down between the Note 3 or the Nexus 5. If the next Nexus will be based on the LG G2.....its going to be a beast. I cant wait until I find out the specs for both.
sponsored links
Old September 1st, 2013, 05:55 AM   #11 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atma View Post
It will fit in your pocket. Just don't sit down.
i have galaxy mega 6.3 , i confirm !my jeans size w30, the problem is when I sit down
Old September 3rd, 2013, 07:32 PM   #12 (permalink)

Device(s): Note 3 SM-N900P, Evo 4G LTE S-OFF Mean Rom, 2 Evo 3D's running Mean Rom ICS, HTC Evo 4G running MikG

Quote:
Originally Posted by john248 View Post
It might not be necessarily a much bigger phone; they could just be more efficient with the current size and make the screen go end to end similar to how they got an extra .2" going from the GS3 to the GS4.

On a side note, there is word that HTC is coming out with the One Max which is 6" as well.
I've been an htc fanboy for several years now but with the current state of the company and the disappointing last flagship release from them I think its time to give samsung another try. Not to mention I feel that the development community will be a little larger than the next htc release. Most of my favorite devs jumped to samsung in the last year and I'm betting there will be a few recognizable names working on this one after its release.

The dev community is pretty important to me. They not only fix all that's wrong with the phone but they keep improving it until it finally works right. Most of my favorite devs bailed on the htc 4g lte after about 6 months and moved on to phones they could actually develop for.

The N3 will be the next phone on my hip...
rawhide85 likes this.

Wife: Hey what are you doing?
me: Nada, phones finally rootable.
Wife: Ugh....
The Following User Says Thank You to ovrrdrive For This Useful Post:
rawhide85 (September 3rd, 2013)
Old September 3rd, 2013, 08:09 PM   #13 (permalink)
AF Addict

Device(s): G Note 3 Sprint (Jet Black), LG G3 Sprint (Gold), MoPhoQ Sprint, Mopho Sprint & G Note 8.0 Wi-fi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovrrdrive View Post
I've been an htc fanboy for several years now but with the current state of the company and the disappointing last flagship release from them I think its time to give samsung another try. Not to mention I feel that the development community will be a little larger than the next htc release. Most of my favorite devs jumped to samsung in the last year and I'm betting there will be a few recognizable names working on this one after its release.

The dev community is pretty important to me. They not only fix all that's wrong with the phone but they keep improving it until it finally works right. Most of my favorite devs bailed on the htc 4g lte after about 6 months and moved on to phones they could actually develop for.

I was a HTC fanboy until the EVO 3d was announced. And that phone recently made it into phandroid list of worst Android phones to date.

That said, I was really hesitant to give Samsung a shot again, but so happy I did with the Note 2 series. They have come a long way from the company that couldn't support the US galaxy s1 well. Now that they have risen to the top of the Android food chain, their US support has been so much better than before. And that's not even delving into the 3rd party accessory support or 3rd party developer support.
Old September 3rd, 2013, 08:11 PM   #14 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovrrdrive View Post

I've never had an HTC phone, but I crossed the One off my list when my buddy would show he how the signal strength would change depending on how he held his phone. This happened again when he exchanged it. lol
Old September 3rd, 2013, 08:40 PM   #15 (permalink)
AF Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by john248 View Post
I've never had an HTC phone, but I crossed the One off my list when my buddy would show he how the signal strength would change depending on how he held his phone. This happened again when he exchanged it. lol
For that, the only phone that I never really experienced issues was Motorola. I've experienced similar things with HTC and Samsung.
KOLIO and rawhide85 like this.
The Following User Says Thank You to drexappeal For This Useful Post:
KOLIO (September 3rd, 2013)
Old September 3rd, 2013, 11:32 PM   #16 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by drexappeal View Post
For that, the only phone that I never really experienced issues was Motorola. I've experienced similar things with HTC and Samsung.
I'm sure other manufacturers have had this issue in the past as well.. your response is as broad as it gets. I just did a quick search. For the HTC One, it is referred to as the "death grip" which looks like a pain in the ass to deal with.
Old September 3rd, 2013, 11:53 PM   #17 (permalink)

Device(s): Storm1, Droid X, Galaxy Nexus, Galaxy Note 3

I am looking forward to the announcement today!!! If this phone is what I think that it is going to be I will buy it day one in the U.S..
Old September 4th, 2013, 07:11 PM   #18 (permalink)
AF's janitor

Device(s): currently using... Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Samsung Galaxy Note II Sony NSZ-GS7 Google TV

Thanked 4,679 Times in 1,745 Posts
twospirits411@gmail.com

Quote:
Ironically enough, I never had an issue with HTC but when it was time to upgrade from the EVO and saw how they messed up (as per owners and reviews) I went with Motorola Photon and although I loved that phone mainly for the lapdock it wasn't as great as with the first Note, which I left Sprint (one of my lines) to get it on AT&T. I had Samsung eons ago and with the Note I was awestruck. When the Note 2 came out I stuck with them. This Note 3 is very very temping. Combine it with the Gear and the Sony QX100 and I think I will be in nirvana. (Until next months newest gadget) lol

TS
ovrrdrive and KOLIO like this.
Members, want to make this place better, just ask the staff. Remember, the "No' is always there, you are just looking for the "Yes". and please read the guidelines, otherwise you may end up in Banlandia.

Google + and twitter user.
Click below for image/list of devices...

Old September 4th, 2013, 09:34 PM   #19 (permalink)
AF Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by twospirits View Post
Ironically enough, I never had an issue with HTC but when it was time to upgrade from the EVO and saw how they messed up (as per owners and reviews) I went with Motorola Photon and although I loved that phone mainly for the lapdock it wasn't as great as with the first Note, which I left Sprint (one of my lines) to get it on AT&T. I had Samsung eons ago and with the Note I was awestruck. When the Note 2 came out I stuck with them. This Note 3 is very very temping. Combine it with the Gear and the Sony QX100 and I think I will be in nirvana. (Until next months newest gadget) lol

TS
Realy, TS? The Photon had the best radios I've ever experienced, even with the Note 2. Wifi signal was stronger and phone held signal stronger. Not that the Note 2 is bad at all, because obviously it has sold me on how much Samsung has improved, but in comparing the Epic, EVO, and the Photon, all of which were used by me or family members, the Photon just killed all of them with radio signal/connectivity.

Only thing I'm waiting on is confirmation if a 64 will be available on Sprint, but I'm leaning towards upgrading to the Note 3 more now than I was even 1 week ago. I may end up waiting until there's a killer deal during the holidays, but I never thought I'd even be considering it, just because I'm still loving the Note 2 experience.
Old September 5th, 2013, 11:13 AM   #20 (permalink)
AF's janitor

Device(s): currently using... Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Samsung Galaxy Note II Sony NSZ-GS7 Google TV

twospirits411@gmail.com

Yes, really.
All three that i mentioned had good radios, never had a problem with their signal. As for the Photon, I would have probably stayed with the brand if it wasn't that they messed up and added a keyboard in the 2nd generation without offering one without a keyboard. By that time the Note came out and I wanted a bigger screen but didn't want a full size tablet. The Note one impressed me and thus went for the 2nd generation.

As for this third generation, its temping, but of the two Notes 2's that I have one is available for an upgrade and the other is not so i can wait for next years version with curved glass (unless there is a Black Friday deal worth going for).

TS
sponsored links
Old September 5th, 2013, 11:23 AM   #21 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Carrier: Nonexistent 4G & Slow 3G on Sprint

I just wish they'd release the price point of the Note 3. We know everything else now, the release date is 20 days away and we still don't know the price point (both MSRP and with a contract). Is that too much to ask? lol.
Old September 5th, 2013, 07:09 PM   #22 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
I may end up waiting until there's a killer deal during the holidays, but I never thought I'd even be considering it, just because I'm still loving the Note 2 experience.
Hey folks, sorry to lurk and post (and not be more involved), but I have to ask a question about this.

My wife and I are up for upgrade (since July) and I'm hoping there will be some kind of special. We got our 3vo's from a penny sale when we switched to Sprint two years ago in the fall.

Does there seem to be some kind of "for sure" or likely sale before Christmas, or even for Christmas so soon after it being released? Like a two for one?

Any thoughts on these kinds of timelines from your experiences here? Maybe the Note 2 had one?

I'm just very pumped to get my hands on one. I haven't been this excited since the Thunderbolt (which I never did get).

Thank you!
Old September 5th, 2013, 07:13 PM   #23 (permalink)
AF Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wantin View Post
Hey folks, sorry to lurk and post (and not be more involved), but I have to ask a question about this.

My wife and I are up for upgrade (since July) and I'm hoping there will be some kind of special. We got our 3vo's from a penny sale when we switched to Sprint two years ago in the fall.

Does there seem to be some kind of "for sure" or likely sale before Christmas, or even for Christmas so soon after it being released? Like a two for one?

Any thoughts on these kinds of timelines from your experiences here? Maybe the Note 2 had one?

I'm just very pumped to get my hands on one. I haven't been this excited since the Thunderbolt (which I never did get).

Thank you!
Note 2 never had a penny sale, during the holidays...but, the best deal that I was able to get (since Best Buy's price match policy was still good for the first 30 days from purchase) was $99 for upgrade price, on a price match. I got the phone the first day it was available at Best Buy at $279 price match with Amazon, then a day later, went back to have Amazon price matched again at $149, then another 2 weeks later at $99.

So, if you're really willing to wait, then I'd check out sites like Slickdeals.net. Usually, if there's a crazy good deal on a cell phone upgrade, it'll be posted on there.

As for being "for sure," nothing is ever for sure, until a company actually puts the pricing up.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to drexappeal For This Useful Post:
KOLIO (September 5th, 2013), Wantin (September 5th, 2013)
Old September 5th, 2013, 08:56 PM   #24 (permalink)
U Just Luv My OPPOstyle

Device(s): 1+1 | OPPO FIND 7 | OPPO N1 | SAMSUNG GEAR 2/FIT | CHROMECAST
Carrier: T-MOBILE/AT&T

Thanked 1,931 Times in 1,417 Posts

As DrexAppeal elluded to,YMMV w/Price Match @ Best Buy.

"Officially",Price Match is only for off-contract phones & allows for only one price match per purchase.

Anything is possible though,a lot of times it's just the luck of the draw as to who might be on the other side of the counter on any given day.
The Following User Says Thank You to KOLIO For This Useful Post:
Wantin (September 5th, 2013)
Old September 5th, 2013, 09:40 PM   #25 (permalink)
Accept no imitations!

Device(s): Note 3 (rooted & ROMmed), Galaxy Nexus (retired), OG Droid (retired)

Thanked 7,091 Times in 3,371 Posts

All you Verizon folks can meet me online at 9 AM Eastern for the pre-order!

rawhide85 likes this.

If I have helped you at all, please click the "Thanks" button
Forum Rules & Guidelines
The Following User Says Thank You to The_Chief For This Useful Post:
rawhide85 (September 5th, 2013)
Old September 5th, 2013, 11:19 PM   #26 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

I was looking at SamMobile's list of Note 3 features and it completely surpassed my expectations. I don't think I'll be using the 4K video recording features though. I'm not looking to upgrade TV's anytime soon and somehow I have the feeling 4K is going to end up like 3D, just a fad you know? As soon as t-mobile gets this I'm going to try to make the JUMP.
Old September 6th, 2013, 03:36 AM   #27 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Samsung Galaxy SII Silver Edition

I'm coming from an S2 aswell like the OP, can't wait, so glad the release is close to the announcement.
The S4 was a straight up disappointment and although I'd prefer not to have a huge phone, it's got everything else right, including snapdragon 800, a new, bigger camera that does 1080p @ 60fps- about freaking time. I guess I'll fool around with 4k aswell.

The battery could have been bigger but I'll get a 2nd anyway, it has 600 more mAh over the S4 and only .7 of an inch more screen panel, so I don't think it'll be a problem.
Looking forward to using the stylus and that fab-sounding search function, so I can find a music track easily without travelling through folders- I prefer not to use the built in music app of the phones I've had, but it has become a bit of a chore over time.

My S2 has actually been broken since December and my old phone I went back to (LG Renoir) has a stylus, although it's more of a 'flavor adding' feature and didn't need one, ah the early days (stylus for a 2.8 inch screen...lol).
I told LG to make a new Renoir to rival the note/5 inch phones (and bring the artsy vibe back with it) but as you can see nothing happened.
dontpanicbobby likes this.
Old September 6th, 2013, 12:24 PM   #28 (permalink)
AF Addict

Quote:
I was looking at SamMobile's list of Note 3 features and it completely surpassed my expectations. I don't think I'll be using the 4K video recording features though. I'm not looking to upgrade TV's anytime soon and somehow I have the feeling 4K is going to end up like 3D, just a fad you know? As soon as t-mobile gets this I'm going to try to make the JUMP.
I think 4K has more potential than 3D. Not everyone likes 3D, but 4K can be marketed as "Ultra HD", which I don't think there's anybody that wouldn't want to at least "feel" like they have a crazy clear picture. That said, it's not likely something that's going to catch on until the pricing of the TV units is more affordable, so the 4K video recording in phones is a "forward thinking" concept that might not necessarily work in the short term, but has better long term potential than 3D (IMO).
Old September 6th, 2013, 04:45 PM   #29 (permalink)

Device(s): Note 3(coming soon)..Iphone 5S,Moto X(Daily driver) ..Gs4,HTC One(going into retirement)...(Retired)
Carrier: AT&T

Yeah I'm thinking of jumping ship to the Note 3...I have the S4...prolly gonna let it go for that or the LG G2(which has also grabbed my attention)...really liking that leather back tho....how do leather backs hold up tho...I know that blackberry phone had a leather back before and it looked cracked and like all dull..after a lot of use I guess...anyone know?....I haven't really seen to many leather backs like that...but with all that it still looks goood...
Old September 6th, 2013, 05:36 PM   #30 (permalink)
AF Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericbeon View Post
Yeah I'm thinking of jumping ship to the Note 3...I have the S4...prolly gonna let it go for that or the LG G2(which has also grabbed my attention)...really liking that leather back tho....how do leather backs hold up tho...I know that blackberry phone had a leather back before and it looked cracked and like all dull..after a lot of use I guess...anyone know?....I haven't really seen to many leather backs like that...but with all that it still looks goood...
From all the videos, my understanding is it's more pleather (plastic leather), than leather. That said, who knows how long the OEM condition will really keep until after we've all had the phone for over 1 year.

I already have plans to pick up one of those designer hard back covers to replace the OEM cover.
sponsored links
Old September 6th, 2013, 08:43 PM   #31 (permalink)
U Just Luv My OPPOstyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmarko View Post
I just wish they'd release the price point of the Note 3. We know everything else now, the release date is 20 days away and we still don't know the price point (both MSRP and with a contract). Is that too much to ask? lol.

So far, I'm guessing the following is for 32GB versions:

T-Mobile: $703 ($199 down + $21/mo. x 24)

T-Mobile Announces Pricing, Availability For Galaxy Note 3 And Galaxy Gear | TmoNewsTmoNews

AT&T: $725 ($299 down on-contract)

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 now available for pre-order on AT&T, expected to ship 'around' October 1st for $299.99

VZW: $699 ($299 down on-contract)

Leaked Verizon doc prices Galaxy Note 3 at $699 retail, $299 with contract, $599 if you bundle the watch
Last edited by KOLIO; September 6th, 2013 at 09:19 PM. Reason: Added Links For Reference
Old September 6th, 2013, 09:05 PM   #32 (permalink)
AF's janitor

twospirits411@gmail.com

Now watch Sprint kill the competition by doing
$249.99 2 yr contract 32GB and
$349.99 2 yr contract 64GB

KOLIO likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to twospirits For This Useful Post:
KOLIO (September 6th, 2013)
Old September 6th, 2013, 09:12 PM   #33 (permalink)
U Just Luv My OPPOstyle

Quote:

That would be the SMART thing to do.

The carriers aren't noted () for such,but perhaps the NOW NETWORK is using some of its newly acquired brawn to pull this off.
twospirits likes this.
Old September 6th, 2013, 09:27 PM   #34 (permalink)
Accept no imitations!

Device(s): Note 3 (rooted & ROMmed), Galaxy Nexus (retired), OG Droid (retired)

Thanked 7,091 Times in 3,371 Posts

Hmmm.

$100 for an extra 32GB? That's a pretty steep price for storage. Consider this:

Amazon.com: Samsung Electronics 64GB Pro microSDXC Extreme Speed (UHS-1) Class 10 Memory Card (MB-MGCGB/AM): Computers & Accessories

There's 64GB of extra storage, Class 10, Professional grade, for less than $1/GB shipped. And it will be just about as real-time fast as built-in storage... with the added benefit of removability.

Go ahead and buy the 64GB version if you want to, but a 32GB phone with the above 64GB card will do just fine for me
twospirits and droidobsessed like this.
Old September 6th, 2013, 09:33 PM   #35 (permalink)
AF's janitor

twospirits411@gmail.com

Its not a quote or a source, its just a number I pulled out of my hmmm hat lol
Should be more like this (I wish)
$249 32 GB
$299 64 GB
$325 32 GB with Gear
$350 64 GB with Gear

$0.00 with Grey Poupon

TS
drexappeal and KOLIO like this.
The Following User Says Thank You to twospirits For This Useful Post:
drexappeal (September 6th, 2013)
Old September 6th, 2013, 10:47 PM   #36 (permalink)
AF Addict

Quote:

Realistically, if Sprint does get the 64, I'm thinking it'd be 299 for 32 and 399 for 64. I'm hoping for 349 on the 64.

No matter what, I stopped by best buy to confirm their new trade in policy and I will be getting the trade in plus on top of my trade in value, as well as phone freedom upgrade.

No matter what, upgrading to the Note 3 should be no money out of pocket for me unless I decide to buy off contract.
KOLIO likes this.
Old September 6th, 2013, 11:04 PM   #37 (permalink)
U Just Luv My OPPOstyle

I will likely wait until HTC introduces the MAX before making any final decisions on another phone.

However,they risk losing LOTS of potential customers if they don't introduce/release their answer to this beast of a phone soon,as in yesterday,including myself.
Old September 7th, 2013, 08:33 AM   #38 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Carrier: Nonexistent 4G & Slow 3G on Sprint

Quote:

I hope this is the case.
Old September 7th, 2013, 09:52 AM   #39 (permalink)

Device(s): Epic 4G Touch

Quote:

It will probably end up being $299 and $349 respectively.
Old September 9th, 2013, 01:43 AM   #40 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Chief View Post
Hmmm.

$100 for an extra 32GB? That's a pretty steep price for storage. Consider this:

Amazon.com: Samsung Electronics 64GB Pro microSDXC Extreme Speed (UHS-1) Class 10 Memory Card (MB-MGCGB/AM): Computers & Accessories

There's 64GB of extra storage, Class 10, Professional grade, for less than $1/GB shipped. And it will be just about as real-time fast as built-in storage... with the added benefit of removability.

Go ahead and buy the 64GB version if you want to, but a 32GB phone with the above 64GB card will do just fine for me
I agree, 80 plus GB should just about do it. I know I'll have all my ripped Music on board anyway. And plenty of room for any ripped DVD's I might want to watch. I like having the Music always available but the DVDs can be changed out at anytime. There's hasn't been a movie released yet that I'd want to watch Over and Over again everyday.
sponsored links
Old September 18th, 2013, 08:46 AM   #41 (permalink)

Device(s): Dellx51v, MotorolaQ, Mogul, 800w, TreoPro, TouchPro2, HTCEvo3D, HTCEvo4GLTE, Nexus4, HTCOne
Carrier: T-mobile Family Plan

After looking at more video, I decide a 6" phone is just too big. I would not want to carry this phone while I am jogging outdoor.

Is there any other choice?

Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

Samsung is coming back with its legendary phablet. The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 comes packed with the best of specs, featuring a 5.7-inch display, a Snapdragon 800 procesor, a 3200 mAh battery and all the specs you can expect from a top-end device.&nb... Read More

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 3