Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Like Tree78Likes

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old October 11th, 2013, 07:04 AM   #101 (permalink)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

For those of you with the legitimate S-VIEW cover...

Is it flush on the bottom so the phone can sit in a docking cradle with the cover on?

...or does the cover extend beyond the bottom of the phone making such a flush connection impossible?

Advertisements
sponsored links
Old October 11th, 2013, 09:19 AM   #102 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy Nexus, then G2, then Note 3, then G2, then Nexus 5, then Crapple 5S, now back on Note 3 again
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJRonbo View Post
For those of you with the legitimate S-VIEW cover...

Is it flush on the bottom so the phone can sit in a docking cradle with the cover on?

...or does the cover extend beyond the bottom of the phone making such a flush connection impossible?
It seems to extend just a hair. Very, very little. I actually almost said it's flush, but upon closer inspection, it's a hair.

On another note, has anyone bought from this company before?

Beautiful cases!!

Zenus Lettering Diary for Galaxy Note3 - Galaxy Note 3 - Smart Phone
Old October 11th, 2013, 09:34 AM   #103 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 GT-P3113, Sony Google TV, Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Nextbook 7.
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontpanicbobby View Post
I went with the iblazon black dual-layer kickstand case on amazon posted earlier. Estimated arrival october 8 - october 11. Guess I'll be getting it next week.
So did I, a week ago from Amazon. No tracking number yet, and the seller is making excuses about why it hasn't shipped.
Last edited by jwither; October 11th, 2013 at 10:11 AM.
Old October 11th, 2013, 09:59 AM   #104 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy Note 3
Carrier: VZW

iOttie is by far the best car mount ive used
Last edited by Dan GSR; October 11th, 2013 at 10:17 AM.
Old October 11th, 2013, 10:54 AM   #105 (permalink)

Device(s): Note 3, Huawei E586 MiFi
Carrier: Vodafone/Three/O2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan GSR View Post
iOttie is by far the best car mount ive used
This is the best car kit I ever had and I've never seen anything remotely to match it. It had it's own speaker and mike, plugged into the car's phone aerial for better reception, the car battery took over powering the phone, thus doubling the efficacy of the signal and the phone slotted in and out very quickly - immediately being powered/charged. It also cut the car radio as soon as there was a call. This is my gold standard and I still have two of them.

Phone signal reception was roughly twice as good in the car kit as it was with a naked phone in the same area.

Last edited by Simon_Gardner; October 11th, 2013 at 11:39 AM.
Old October 11th, 2013, 10:57 AM   #106 (permalink)

Device(s): White Galaxy Note 3, Motorola Bionic(retired), HTC Touch Pro 2 (retired)

So where are the "official" accessories. Specifically, looking for another OEAM usb3 cable that came with the N3. Also interested in some sort of changer/stand/dock station, would be nice to charge a 2nd battery. The samsung site really didnt have much, so I'm not looking in the right place I think.

I need a way to charge at work (possibly just usb3) and would like dock for home. and I'd need a way to charge in the car. possibly a usb plug charger and then just a second usb3 cable.

Not sure I search on the right things on amazon either.
Old October 11th, 2013, 11:28 AM   #107 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung GN3
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanSolo View Post
It seems to extend just a hair. Very, very little. I actually almost said it's flush, but upon closer inspection, it's a hair.

On another note, has anyone bought from this company before?

Beautiful cases!!

Zenus Lettering Diary for Galaxy Note3 - Galaxy Note 3 - Smart Phone
that's exactly the case I had for my GN2! I was hoping they had made one for GN3 too. Thanks for this
Old October 11th, 2013, 11:47 AM   #108 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetguat View Post
So where are the "official" accessories. Specifically, looking for another OEAM usb3 cable that came with the N3. Also interested in some sort of changer/stand/dock station, would be nice to charge a 2nd battery. The samsung site really didnt have much, so I'm not looking in the right place I think.

I need a way to charge at work (possibly just usb3) and would like dock for home. and I'd need a way to charge in the car. possibly a usb plug charger and then just a second usb3 cable.

Not sure I search on the right things on amazon either.
You want a USB plug for the car rated at least 2 Amp. A lot of them aren't. You can get those USB 3 Micro B cables easily. (That sort of cable is used for some external drives as well). Getting very flexible ones is trickier. I picked up one and they are now out of stock. I also picked up a couple of OEM wall chargers and they each came with their own flexible OEM cable. My Note 3 came with a travel wall charger which is a different design to the standard OEM wall chargers.

See the thread http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-note-3/764835-spec-nobody-talking-about-usb-3-0-b.html.
Old October 11th, 2013, 12:29 PM   #109 (permalink)

Device(s): White Galaxy Note 3, Motorola Bionic(retired), HTC Touch Pro 2 (retired)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon_Gardner View Post
You want a USB plug for the car rated at least 2 Amp. A lot of them aren't. You can get those USB 3 Micro B cables easily. (That sort of cable is used for some external drives as well). Getting very flexible ones is trickier. I picked up one and they are now out of stock. I also picked up a couple of OEM wall chargers and they each came with their own flexible OEM cable. My Note 3 came with a travel wall charger which is a different design to the standard OEM wall chargers.

See the thread http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-note-3/764835-spec-nobody-talking-about-usb-3-0-b.html.

was looking at that thread and trying to find the others that spoke about the car charger, thought it was you that mentioned, the following. But seems that it really is more for apple iPhone. Love that they are small/low profile. Would prefer to have a low profile, high AMP, standard usb. Not sure this will work.

Amazon.com: Scosche USBC202M Dual 10 Watt (2.1A) USB Car Charger works with iPhone 5, 5S and 5C: Cell Phones & Accessories
Old October 11th, 2013, 12:57 PM   #110 (permalink)

Device(s): G Note 3 Sprint (Jet Black), LG G3 Sprint (Gold), MoPhoQ Sprint, Mopho Sprint & G Note 8.0 Wi-fi
Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 2,813 Times in 1,898 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetguat View Post
was looking at that thread and trying to find the others that spoke about the car charger, thought it was you that mentioned, the following. But seems that it really is more for apple iPhone. Love that they are small/low profile. Would prefer to have a low profile, high AMP, standard usb. Not sure this will work.

Amazon.com: Scosche USBC202M Dual 10 Watt (2.1A) USB Car Charger works with iPhone 5, 5S and 5C: Cell Phones & Accessories
I have that. It works with regular micro Haven't tried with usb 3.0. With regular micro, it's slower charge than the note 2, but still charges. Didn't charge when using nav though.
sponsored links
Old October 16th, 2013, 06:22 PM   #111 (permalink)

Device(s): G Note 3 Sprint (Jet Black), LG G3 Sprint (Gold), MoPhoQ Sprint, Mopho Sprint & G Note 8.0 Wi-fi

Chargers everywhere!

Just had to share my setup.

I purchased a Qi Wireless charger with a 10k mah backup battery charger from Amazon (same one you'll find through ebay). This thing is much nicer than I thought it would be. I bought this, in preparation for getting the wireless charging back cover later down the line.

Additionally, I already had an iSound 16k mah backup battery charger that I purchased from Daily steals for $49. What's great about it is the 4 ports, in combination with compact size.

Since the Qi wireless charging pad/backup battery charges via microUSB cable, I have that connected to the iSound and everything works out perfectly. Some may think this is overkill, but with all the devices I have at work and only 1 power strip (dominated by all the work equipment), I'm a happy camper.
KOLIO and dontpanicbobby like this.
The Following User Says Thank You to drexappeal For This Useful Post:
KOLIO (October 16th, 2013)
Old October 16th, 2013, 06:27 PM   #112 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 3

I purchased the 20k mah backup battery charger from Daily Steals, but it still has not come yet for some reason. :/
Old October 16th, 2013, 06:34 PM   #113 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystik1 View Post
I purchased the 20k mah backup battery charger from Daily Steals, but it still has not come yet for some reason. :/
Got an email from them saying there was a delay with their supplier. No biggie for me. I already had several backup batteries.
Old October 16th, 2013, 06:44 PM   #114 (permalink)

Device(s): Note 3

Thanked 1,855 Times in 619 Posts

FYI the Samsung OEM Car Mount doesn't fit the Note 3 with the charger, someone here modified it to make if fit.

I just ordered this one.

Amazon.com: iOttie One Touch XL Windshield Dashboard Car Mount Holder for Galaxy S4, Galaxy Note 3/2 - Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories
Old October 16th, 2013, 09:53 PM   #115 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy Note 3
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamMax View Post
FYI the Samsung OEM Car Mount doesn't fit the Note 3 with the charger, someone here modified it to make if fit.

I just ordered this one.

Amazon.com: iOttie One Touch XL Windshield Dashboard Car Mount Holder for Galaxy S4, Galaxy Note 3/2 - Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories
Not sure where you got this information as I have the OEM samsung car mount and it fits the Note 3 perfectly including being able to be plugged into your car charger while in the mount. No worries if you want to go the OEM route! Not sure why they would have modified it because no modifications are needed. Maybe they modified for some other reason?
Last edited by menmyjeep; October 16th, 2013 at 09:55 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to menmyjeep For This Useful Post:
Jocelyn84 (October 16th, 2013)
Old October 17th, 2013, 01:00 AM   #116 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by drexappeal View Post
Got an email from them saying there was a delay with their supplier. No biggie for me. I already had several backup batteries.

Hopefully soon.
Old October 17th, 2013, 01:38 AM   #117 (permalink)

Device(s): Note 3

Thanked 1,855 Times in 619 Posts

@menmyjeep Using the USB 3.0 charger?
Old October 17th, 2013, 10:34 AM   #118 (permalink)

Tiger Direct has the Note 3 wireless charging covers and pad ($59 samsung charging pad / $39 wireless charge cover)

Search Results for galaxy note 3 at TigerDirect.com

Just bought the white cover, so I could reminisce about my HTC Evo Days with a black front/white back cover.
KOLIO likes this.
KOLIO (October 17th, 2013)
Old October 17th, 2013, 10:54 AM   #119 (permalink)
U Just Luv My OPPOstyle

Device(s): OPPO N1 | SAMSUNG GEAR 2/FIT | CHROMECAST
Carrier: T-MOBILE/AT&T

Thanked 1,898 Times in 1,400 Posts

Quote:
Tiger Direct has the Note 3 wireless charging covers and pad ($59 samsung charging pad / $39 wireless charge cover)

Search Results for galaxy note 3 at TigerDirect.com

Just bought the white cover, so I could reminisce about my HTC Evo Days with a black front/white back cover.
Great find DREXAPPEAL,THX for sharing w/us!

If I weren't so impatient,I'd saved myself $20 vs MOBILEFUN UK,it's all good though.

One peculiar difference in the one I received from MOBILE FUN UK:
It has the SAMSUNG branding/logo on the back,but,the "GALAXY NOTE 3" is missing.

Once the QI charging pads arrive,I'll post some charge times.
Old October 17th, 2013, 11:02 AM   #120 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOLIO View Post
Great find DREXAPPEAL,THX for sharing w/us!

If I weren't so impatient,I'd saved myself $20 vs MOBILEFUN UK,it's all good though.

One peculiar difference in the one I received from MOBILE FUN UK:
It has the SAMSUNG branding/logo on the back,but,the "GALAXY NOTE 3" is missing.

Once the QI charging pads arrive,I'll post some charge times.
I expect charge rate on wireles charger to be the equivalent of 1amp charging (if not slower)...LOL.
sponsored links
Old October 17th, 2013, 11:39 AM   #121 (permalink)
U Just Luv My OPPOstyle

Default GN3 CASES & QI BATTERY COVER Compatibility/Fit

Some sites may have stated as much,but,it's definitely worth repeating:

Not all cases will fit while using the QI-ENABLED battery cover,due to the added thickness.
Overall look & feel of the QI-ENABLED cover is virtually identical,but,indeed does add an otherwise un-noticeable measure of depth/thickness to the phone,only noticeable when attempting to use some 3rd party/aftermarket phone cases.

For example,this one fits:

Amazon.com: Bear Motion Premium Bumper Ring Case for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Note III (Black) (Black): Cell Phones & Accessories

This one does not:

TPU Soft Case Back Cover Skin Shell for Samsung Galaxy NOTE3 III N9000 N9005 New | eBay

I'd contact the mfgs of 3rd party cases to ensure compatibility,let them do the heavy lifting & potentially save yourself some $.
Old October 18th, 2013, 10:48 PM   #122 (permalink)
U Just Luv My OPPOstyle

Default Worth Repeating Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOLIO View Post
Some sites may have stated as much,but,it's definitely worth repeating:

Not all cases will fit while using the QI-ENABLED battery cover,due to the added thickness.
Overall look & feel of the QI-ENABLED cover is virtually identical,but,indeed does add an otherwise un-noticeable measure of depth/thickness to the phone,only noticeable when attempting to use some 3rd party/aftermarket phone cases.

For example,this one fits:

Amazon.com: Bear Motion Premium Bumper Ring Case for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Note III (Black) (Black): Cell Phones & Accessories

This one does not:

TPU Soft Case Back Cover Skin Shell for Samsung Galaxy NOTE3 III N9000 N9005 New | eBay

I'd contact the mfgs of 3rd party cases to ensure compatibility,let them do the heavy lifting & potentially save yourself some $.
This case came in today:

Ultra Thin Fog PC Back Case Shell Cover for Samsung Galaxy NOTE3 III N9000 Film | eBay

As with the TPU Case noted above,this case DOES NOT FIT when used w/a QI-ENABLED backplate.

Fit & appearance w/stock backplate is nice.
This is a semi-transparent case,the area surrounding the camera lens/flash more so than the rest of the case;just something to consider when pairing up w/your stock backplate.
Old October 19th, 2013, 06:06 PM   #123 (permalink)

Thanks to you (and @Dan GSR) for finally tipping me into trying the iOttie car mount. I was highly dubious the first time it was mentioned.

I fitted it this morning. You are quite right. Very effective and a good piece of kit. I was very surprised how well it grips firmly on a textured dash surface in my car. Slotting the phone in and out very slick and it's generally well designed. Works equally well in "portrait" or "landscape" orientations.

Amazon UK link is here.

Old October 20th, 2013, 01:15 AM   #124 (permalink)

Device(s):

Have the iOtti that I bought for the Note II.

They work up to a point.

Once it starts to get very hot in the car, they fall right off.

Stopped using it after awhile because as much as I washed
the back suction cup to reactive and remount, it would eventually
fall back off.

Your mileage may vary, but I have read similar reports of problems.
The Following User Says Thank You to NJRonbo For This Useful Post:
Simon_Gardner (October 20th, 2013)
Old October 20th, 2013, 05:05 AM   #125 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJRonbo View Post
Have the iOtti that I bought for the Note II.

They work up to a point.

Once it starts to get very hot in the car, they fall right off.

Stopped using it after awhile because as much as I washed
the back suction cup to reactive and remount, it would eventually
fall back off.

Your mileage may vary, but I have read similar reports of problems.
I'll let you know. "Very hot" doesn't really happen in my country. We more do "warm". Though I appreciate inside a car in full sunlight can get a bit hot.

I just needed to relocate it slightly and frankly, it was a complete b****r to get off even after release the suction cup lever.

Old October 20th, 2013, 05:52 AM   #126 (permalink)

Device(s): SGN3 on O2 UK

I've just fitted this screen protector to my new n3
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product
/B00F4AT5VQ/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I like it a lot. Feels thicker than normal protectors but no loss of sensitivity.
I'm not a fan of these but this is excellent.
Just waiting for my spigen case now in the meantime have one of the cheapy eBay cases.
Hopefully I won't drop this n3 but if I do I am happy with the protection.
Old October 20th, 2013, 07:13 AM   #127 (permalink)
Accept no imitations!

Device(s): Note 3 (rooted & ROMmed), Galaxy Nexus (retired), OG Droid (retired)

Thanked 7,068 Times in 3,354 Posts

I got my S-View cover in (an OEM one that actually WORKS) and you know what?

I like it.

Several of you expressed disappointment with it, but here's one thumbs up. The only - and I mean ONLY - 2 downers I can see in it are that after repeated folding all the way to use the phone it doesn't want to stay closed. Ah, plastic...

The other downer is the permanent installation of the Samsung Music Player on it, instead of Google Play Music. If anyone comes up with a way to swap that out, I'll pay out a bounty for that.

Otherwise, I like S-View and wouldn't want to give it up. Not right now, anyway
KOLIO and hbryder like this.

If I have helped you at all, please click the "Thanks" button
Forum Rules & Guidelines
The Following User Says Thank You to The_Chief For This Useful Post:
KOLIO (October 20th, 2013)
Old October 20th, 2013, 09:19 AM   #128 (permalink)

Device(s): Note 3, Galaxy S3 (retired) DInc (retired)

Here's an option for accessories. I've been ordering from this reputable China merchant site for the past 3 years and never had problems receiving shipments. Granted, you have to be patient because it takes between 10-30 days to get your purchase. However, if you look at what you pay which includes free shipping, it's a hell of a savings for a little bit of patience.

As much as I hate spending my money with non-American vendors, I'm thinking, wait a second - Verizon is getting there cellphone cases directly from these same Chinese manufacturers and quadrupling their price on the store shelf because the box has their name on it. Well, I'm sick and tired of buying so-called American - made in China stuff. It's time we eliminate the middleman and send them the message that we're not going to be victims of outsourcing and putting our own people out of work. Stepping down from my podium now.

There's 5 pages of Note 3 related goodies here but make sure you read the description because other Samsung stuff for the S3's, S4's, Note 10.1 etc. is in the mix of selections. Batteries have restrictions on shipping from China so it's been taking about 20-30 days to get. There are some really good Powerbanks on this site if you do a search. I thought the wireless Bluetooth keyboard on Page 4 is pretty cool and not a bad price at $39.00 (Note 3 not listed but it should work). Lots of universal car dock mounts too.

I'm off to browse some more and shop away.

http://dx.com/s/samsung%2bgalaxy%2bnote%2b3?PageIndex=1
dustwun77 and katmobi like this.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to toptobottom For This Useful Post:
Quackers (November 26th, 2013), Simon_Gardner (October 20th, 2013)
Old October 20th, 2013, 10:04 AM   #129 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by toptobottom View Post
Here's an option for accessories. I've been ordering from this reputable China merchant site for the past 3 years and never had problems receiving shipments. Granted, you have to be patient because it takes between 10-30 days to get your purchase. However, if you look at what you pay which includes free shipping, it's a hell of a savings for a little bit of patience.

As much as I hate spending my money with non-American vendors, I'm thinking, wait a second - Verizon is getting there cellphone cases directly from these same Chinese manufacturers and quadrupling their price on the store shelf because the box has their name on it. Well, I'm sick and tired of buying so-called American - made in China stuff. It's time we eliminate the middleman and send them the message that we're not going to be victims of outsourcing and putting our own people out of work. Stepping down from my podium now.

There's 5 pages of Note 3 related goodies here but make sure you read the description because other Samsung stuff for the S3's, S4's, Note 10.1 etc. is in the mix of selections. Batteries have restrictions on shipping from China so it's been taking about 20-30 days to get. There are some really good Powerbanks on this site if you do a search. I thought the wireless Bluetooth keyboard on Page 4 is pretty cool and not a bad price at $39.00 (Note 3 not listed but it should work). Lots of universal car dock mounts too.

Thanks for the link and info. I now have the website bookmarked!
Old October 20th, 2013, 10:59 AM   #130 (permalink)

Device(s): Release day Galaxy Nexus!, Release day DInc,

I just got in my black SPIGEN Bounce and I love it. It is a great design that seems durable, adding a unique texture that helps grip. Coming from the Galaxy Nexus, I would compare it to the Diztronic model that many used on that phone because of its affordable price.
toptobottom likes this.
sponsored links
Old October 20th, 2013, 11:19 AM   #131 (permalink)

Quote:
Here's an option for accessories. I've been ordering from this reputable China merchant site for the past 3 years and never had problems receiving shipments.

Excellent tip. I've just ordered some cables I thought didn't exist and I've certainly been unable to find. I'm a bit leery of some of it which seems not Note 3 N9005 specific as I'm not clear that the cases would be identical? But other stuff clearly would be fine.
Old October 20th, 2013, 11:37 AM   #132 (permalink)

@Simon_Gardner

You know, I always have ordered from them with skepticism as to quality and such but I figure for what I'm spending, I could actually toss it and not even bother with return/refund as it would not pay to ship back from here in the U.S.

Amazingly, in the past 3 years of ordering all sorts of items from DX.com - not only cellphone related, I have been amazed at the quality being acceptable to very good and most has outlasted it's intended purpose.

@Btbommer

I see you have good taste. I got the Spigen Bounce myself before I got the phone and it's a really cool lookin' case. I like cases that don't have the openings for the power and volume buttons. It always helps protect them from being triggered easily while in pocket. Make sure to checkout the Deal Extreme sight at DX.com for some additional cases & goodies. I always like to change mine to something else every so often, especially when you can pickup a whole bunch of stuff for cheap.

BtBommer likes this.
Last edited by toptobottom; October 20th, 2013 at 11:42 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to toptobottom For This Useful Post:
BtBommer (October 20th, 2013)
Old October 20th, 2013, 06:00 PM   #133 (permalink)

FYI - Sprint has the extra battery kit in store. 59.99. They didn't have it on displajy yet, but they have it. I am holding off to see if Samsung puts it up soon, but wanted to post the info up for those that don't wanna wait. They also had black and white s view colors.
KOLIO (October 20th, 2013)
Old October 20th, 2013, 06:01 PM   #134 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:

Have you had any experience with their extended batteries they sell? I'm considering purchasing something in the range of 6000-7000 mAh that they offer.

NOTE 3 - Free Shipping - DX
Old October 20th, 2013, 07:40 PM   #135 (permalink)

@DRILLINDK

Sorry, but I've never needed to purchase an extended battery. I've always used powerbanks as backup.

The Chinese generic brand battery market is so cut-throat that they are known to fudge the claimed mAh. Unfortunately, the only way to find out is to buy it - try it. Only a Samsung factory branded battery would be more assured to provide quality, and even that is dependent whether it's not a copycat.

I didn't see any extended batteries for the Note 3 on either page of the link you provided.
Old October 21st, 2013, 12:46 PM   #136 (permalink)

I my Note 3.
Old October 24th, 2013, 06:31 AM   #137 (permalink)

Device(s):

Anyone have any thoughts on this usb extended battery case? I like the idea of an extended battery that I do not have to take the actual battery in and out if I don't want to use it. Think this would actually fit and provide substantial extra battery power? Is this style of battery case common in android phones? I don't recall seeing these around. Also, it's not one of the super cheap items on this site so I am a little leery about buying it.

http://dx.com/p/3800mah-battery-back-case-for-samsung-galaxy-note-3-n9000-black-253472
Last edited by shogunvsgsp; October 24th, 2013 at 07:15 AM.
Old October 24th, 2013, 08:51 AM   #138 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy Note III

Quote:
Originally Posted by shogunvsgsp View Post
Anyone have any thoughts on this usb extended battery case? I like the idea of an extended battery that I do not have to take the actual battery in and out if I don't want to use it. Think this would actually fit and provide substantial extra battery power? Is this style of battery case common in android phones? I don't recall seeing these around. Also, it's not one of the super cheap items on this site so I am a little leery about buying it.

"3800mAh" Battery Back Case for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 / N9000 - Black - Free Shipping - DealExtreme
I had a similar one on my iPhone and I did not like it. It charged slowly and got very hot while charging. I prefer one like this Amazon.com: New Trent iCarrier 12000mAh Portable Dual USB Port External Battery Charger/Power Pack for Smartphones, Tablets and more (Now w/Micro-USB charge port): Computers & Accessories that I keep in my bag.
Old October 24th, 2013, 11:11 AM   #139 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shogunvsgsp View Post

http://dx.com/p/3800mah-battery-back-case-for-samsung-galaxy-note-3-n9000-black-253472
I think I had posted that a while back. No access to s-pen = no go for me.
Old October 24th, 2013, 01:32 PM   #140 (permalink)

Pretty sure this is 2.1A per port, but very inexpensive (one of the least expensive I've seen)

2-Port USB to AC Adapter (2.1 Amp) - Apple iPhone 4S Other Items
sponsored links
Old October 24th, 2013, 06:31 PM   #141 (permalink)

Here's a China site that I forgot about having bookmarked and ordered from also in the past. They do show large case lots but you can order 1 of an item. I usually order at least 1 of each case to see what they look like because it's so cheap even if you don't use many of them.

Go to the Galaxy tab and look for 'Note 3' or 'N9000'. You can do a search too. Lot's of parts for S3's & S4's too.

Tons of Galaxy stuff!

Electronics wholesale from China, Direct from China at factory prices, Online Wholesaler and Dropshipper
drexappeal likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to toptobottom For This Useful Post:
drexappeal (October 24th, 2013)
Old October 25th, 2013, 11:08 AM   #142 (permalink)

So, I couldn't resist the urge to pick this up, even though I have a 20k mah one finally on the way, purchased from Daily Steals.

$35 for 50k mah?...I tend to not believe it's truly 50k, but even 1/2 of that capacity and it's worth it:

Amazon.com: Daditong 50000mAh External Power Bank Backup Dual USB Battery Charger for iPad, iPad 2/3, iPhone 5, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPod, Blackberry, HTC, Android, Samsung (Black): Cell Phones & Accessories
toptobottom likes this.
Old October 25th, 2013, 02:35 PM   #143 (permalink)

Quote:
I tend to not believe it's truly 50k, but even 1/2 of that capacity and it's worth it:
I'm sure it's not either but at least it's a large unit to believe 1/2 of the mAh.

So I'm thinking you got the pink one of course? (luckily you're 3,000 miles away)

I've been buying the 3-5,000 mAh ones that cost between $12-16.00 from the China sites or ebay China vendors. I always order 10 and use some while giving them to clients. It's a nice giveaway and clients love when they get them. The problem now has been with China & Hong Kong Post banning battery shipments which was inexpensive. Now they have to go special DHL freight and the cost has gone tenfold making it not worth it. I did find some China wholesalers here in the US that must be getting them in by boat in bulk and selling them at the same prices. The shipping is much quicker now too.

Make sure to follow-up how your brick - err I mean Powerbank performs. I believe some nice Pink 6" pumps would go well with it! ;-)))
Old October 25th, 2013, 04:24 PM   #144 (permalink)

Quote:
I'm sure it's not either but at least it's a large unit to believe 1/2 of the mAh.

So I'm thinking you got the pink one of course? (luckily you're 3,000 miles away)

I've been buying the 3-5,000 mAh ones that cost between $12-16.00 from the China sites or ebay China vendors. I always order 10 and use some while giving them to clients. It's a nice giveaway and clients love when they get them. The problem now has been with China & Hong Kong Post banning battery shipments which was inexpensive. Now they have to go special DHL freight and the cost has gone tenfold making it not worth it. I did find some China wholesalers here in the US that must be getting them in by boat in bulk and selling them at the same prices. The shipping is much quicker now too.

Make sure to follow-up how your brick - err I mean Powerbank performs. I believe some nice Pink 6" pumps would go well with it! ;-)))
Hahaha...My Astro 3 that I have is bigger than this one and I have a 20kmah one coming in that's the same size as this one. Being in LA, majority of my time is spent in the car or out and about, so I like having the charging options at my disposal. Looking at the size, I should be able to pocket that thing as compared to my Astro 3.

I was looking through that website you posted, to find one, but the search function is awful and couldn't find what I was looking for. Plus, Amazon allows me to use points from either of my credit cards, so cost is minimal out of pocket.

But, I do plan on using that website you posted at some point.
Old October 28th, 2013, 05:28 PM   #145 (permalink)

Crazy, but I may end up getting my qi wireless charging dock, prior to even getting the qi receiver! According to Amazon, it's already in Los Angeles, so it should be a matter of days until it's being delivered.
Old October 29th, 2013, 12:19 AM   #146 (permalink)

White back cover (bought from ebay)

Black front face

I'm having flashbacks to the original EVO! Quality of the back cover from ebay is much better than expected. Fit is perfect. Can't confirm if it's truly oem, but i love the mix and match. Just need my qi receiver to deliver and i will be happy.
KOLIO (October 29th, 2013)
Old October 29th, 2013, 12:37 AM   #147 (permalink)

Got my 20k mah power bank backup battery from daily steals.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to drexappeal For This Useful Post:
KOLIO (October 29th, 2013), toptobottom (October 30th, 2013)
Old October 29th, 2013, 12:50 AM   #148 (permalink)

Device(s): HTC One (M8), Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Samsung Galaxy S II, Google G1
Carrier: t-mobile

Bet there's a lot of juice in that sucker.
Old October 30th, 2013, 01:02 AM   #149 (permalink)

So I am really, happy I bought the qi wireless car dock. This thing is much nicer than the online pics showed. It shipped extremely fast, considering it came from China, to the point that I don't even have my qi receiver yet tp test it and I ordered that before the dock

KOLIO (October 30th, 2013)
Old October 30th, 2013, 03:14 AM   #150 (permalink)

Quote:
So I am really, happy I bought the qi wireless car dock. This thing is much nicer than the online pics showed. It shipped extremely fast, considering it came from China, to the point that I don't even have my qi receiver yet tp test it and I ordered that before the dock.
I very much like this - much more useful than the normal wireless charger - but surely the charge rate is too slow? Any idea?

Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

Samsung is coming back with its legendary phablet. The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 comes packed with the best of specs, featuring a 5.7-inch display, a Snapdragon 800 procesor, a 3200 mAh battery and all the specs you can expect from a top-end device.&nb... Read More

Tags
galaxy, note 3, note iii, samsung

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 3