Like Tree13Likes
  • 7 Post By drexappeal
  • 1 Post By drexappeal
  • 1 Post By Orion
  • 2 Post By drexappeal
  • 2 Post By drexappeal

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old September 4th, 2013, 01:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
AF Addict
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): G Note 3 Sprint (Jet Black), LG G3 Sprint (Gold), MoPhoQ Sprint, Mopho Sprint & G Note 8.0 Wi-fi
Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 2,841 Times in 1,921 Posts
Default Note 3 vs. Note 2 spec comparisons

Galaxy Note 3 / Galaxy Note 2
Dimensions 6" x 3.1" x 0.33" / 5.9'' x 3.2'' x 0.37"
Weight 5.9 ounces / 6.4 ounces
Launch OS Android 4.3 /Android 4.1
Display 5.7-inch AMOLED;1,920x1,080 pixels; 386.5ppi / 5.5-inch AMOLED; 1,280x720 pixels; 267ppi
4G LTE Yes / Yes
NFC Yes / Yes
Bluetooth v4.0 / v4.0
IR blaster Yes / No
Rear-facing camera 13-megapixels; 1080p HD video / 8-megapixels; 1080p HD video
Front-facing camera 2.1 megapixels; 1080p HD video / 1.9 megapixels; 720p HD video
Processor 2.3GHz quad-core (LTE); 1.9 GHz octa-core (3G)* / 1.6GHz quad-core Exynos 4
Capacity 32GB, 64GB* / 16GB, 32GB, 64GB*
RAM 3GB / 2GB
Expandable storage Up to 64GB / Up to 64GB
Battery 3,200mAh removable / 3,100mAh removable
Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (HT80) / 802.11 a/b/g/n (HT40)
Launch carriers AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, U.S. Cellular, Verizon / AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, U.S. Cellular, Verizon
Colors Black, white, blush pink / Grey, white
Finish Leatherlike plastic / Plastic

Advertisements
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to drexappeal For This Useful Post:
BobF (September 4th, 2013), elteus (September 4th, 2013), MISS DIVA (September 4th, 2013), rawhide85 (September 4th, 2013), Scootmien (September 5th, 2013)
sponsored links
Old September 4th, 2013, 02:03 PM   #2 (permalink)

Device(s): Infuse 4G running Aeon 1.3 Neon Blue ROM
Carrier: AT&T

Good job drex. I sure love the new design. I can't wait till October!
Old September 4th, 2013, 02:28 PM   #3 (permalink)

Device(s): Evo 4g Nexus S 4g Sprint Galaxy Nexus Lte Galaxy Note 2

Dare I say I'm not too impressed.... I appreciate the specs, but my next phone will most likely not be a Samsung! Variety is the spice of life!!!
Old September 4th, 2013, 02:47 PM   #4 (permalink)
AF Addict
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): G Note 3 Sprint (Jet Black), LG G3 Sprint (Gold), MoPhoQ Sprint, Mopho Sprint & G Note 8.0 Wi-fi

Quote:
Originally Posted by almath View Post
Dare I say I'm not too impressed.... I appreciate the specs, but my next phone will most likely not be a Samsung! Variety is the spice of life!!!
LOL...I'm perfectly content with my Note 2 as well and I'm not crazy impressed either, but the minimum 32gb is already attracting me (although, it doesn't have me completely sold) and the fact that it's almost exactly the same size is another plus.

Only 'bit of information I'm waiting on is confirmation from Mr. Ed, if Sprint will be offering the 64. If they do, I will be upgrading on the day of release (either full price or using another line's upgrade).
almath likes this.
Old September 4th, 2013, 03:05 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drexappeal View Post
LOL...I'm perfectly content with my Note 2 as well and I'm not crazy impressed either, but the minimum 32gb is already attracting me (although, it doesn't have me completely sold) and the fact that it's almost exactly the same size is another plus.

Only 'bit of information I'm waiting on is confirmation from Mr. Ed, if Sprint will be offering the 64. If they do, I will be upgrading on the day of release (either full price or using another line's upgrade).
I never understood the hype around 64, would you really fill up a 32 immediately? We change phones so often. IJS
Old September 4th, 2013, 03:14 PM   #6 (permalink)

Device(s): Storm1, Droid X, Galaxy Nexus, Galaxy Note 3
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
I never understood the hype around 64, would you really fill up a 32 immediately? We change phones so often. IJS

Yes you can fill up 32 gb quickly. I have movies on my sd cards. Ihave a 64gb card. To add to the 32gb. Also you must understand that the software that isnalready on the phone when you get it takes up a lot of space. What you are left with is about may be 18 to 23gb.
Old September 4th, 2013, 03:21 PM   #7 (permalink)

Device(s): iPhone 4s
Carrier: GiffGaff

I really can't decide what one to go for now. Since I didn't get the money in time to get my note 2 a couple of months ago, I decided to wait until after Christmas to get my new phone, giving me time to get past the new device rush, Christmas rush etc.

But now I really like the note 2, and the note 3. I really can't decide what one to go for.
Old September 4th, 2013, 03:27 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preach2k View Post
Yes you can fill up 32 gb quickly. I have movies on my sd cards. Ihave a 64gb card. To add to the 32gb. Also you must understand that the software that isnalready on the phone when you get it takes up a lot of space. What you are left with is about may be 18 to 23gb.
Umm yeah I know ALL that my main comical point was for Drex. Thanks anyway.....
Old September 4th, 2013, 04:06 PM   #9 (permalink)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Question. So I currently have the S2 and i was curious if it was you, would you get the note 2 or note 3?
Old September 4th, 2013, 04:14 PM   #10 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Nexus and LG G Pad 10.1

The specs on this phone are awesome. But damn touchwiz still hasn't changed. Its been looking the same for like forever. Other manufacturers at least change it up. Lol I'm going to see what the next Nexus brings before I make a decision. Chances are it's going to be Nexus. Well its been a fun ride.
almath likes this.
sponsored links
Old September 4th, 2013, 04:44 PM   #11 (permalink)
U Just Luv My OPPOstyle

Device(s): 1+1 | OPPO FIND 7 | OPPO N1 | SAMSUNG GEAR 2/FIT | CHROMECAST
Carrier: T-MOBILE

Thanked 1,944 Times in 1,428 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bencurt24 View Post
Question. So I currently have the S2 and i was curious if it was you, would you get the note 2 or note 3?
Figuring in the price difference & amount of time you plan on keeping the phone, I'd say go for the N3.

Additional RAM/STORAGE/I-R BLASTER, features/improvements are worth the extra $ for the N3,not to mention all the other improvements.
Old September 4th, 2013, 04:47 PM   #12 (permalink)
AF Addict
Thread Author (OP)

Quote:
LOL...I glanced at this through my phone and didn't see that it was you posting, so I prepared a screen shot and pic (but since it's you, I'm sure I've mentioned to you before why it's important for me). But, just for others that don't know me well from the Note 2 / Photon / Evo forums, here are some pics:

Note 8 storage (after recently doing some cleanup and only owning since late May)

Note 2 storage (still needing some cleanup)

Quote:
Preach2k...I can appreciate your justifying the memory, but almath knows me so it's an inside joke from when a bunch of us were clamoring for news on the Note 2 last year. Basically, there were a ton of people trying to convince me why I didn't need the storage, but as shown in my pics above...it's obviously something that's important for me, for both work and personal reasons, the more storage I can have on any of my devices, the better.

Quote:
Umm yeah I know ALL that my main comical point was for Drex. Thanks anyway.....
LOL...Don't worry, once I saw that it was you, totally started cracking up. I wonder how many more people will ask the same question though, once I mention it again and there's a user that doesn't know me or my unique needs for storage space.
KOLIO and almath like this.
Old September 4th, 2013, 07:44 PM   #13 (permalink)
U Just Luv My OPPOstyle

Device(s): 1+1 | OPPO FIND 7 | OPPO N1 | SAMSUNG GEAR 2/FIT | CHROMECAST
Carrier: T-MOBILE

Thanked 1,944 Times in 1,428 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by drexappeal View Post
LOL...I glanced at this through my phone and didn't see that it was you posting, so I prepared a screen shot and pic (but since it's you, I'm sure I've mentioned to you before why it's important for me). But, just for others that don't know me well from the Note 2 / Photon / Evo forums, here are some pics:

Note 8 storage (after recently doing some cleanup and only owning since late May)

Note 2 storage (still needing some cleanup)

NSFW.
Old September 4th, 2013, 08:47 PM   #14 (permalink)
AF Addict
Thread Author (OP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion View Post
The specs on this phone are awesome. But damn touchwiz still hasn't changed. Its been looking the same for like forever. Other manufacturers at least change it up. Lol I'm going to see what the next Nexus brings before I make a decision. Chances are it's going to be Nexus. Well its been a fun ride.
Never been a fan of any of the UI's, as far as looks are concerned, but since I discovered 3rd party launchers, that's never been a part of my evaluation for phone choice.

And some of the software features in Touchwiz still translate over, while using Nova on my Note 2, so I'm good with that.
KOLIO and hbryder like this.
Old September 8th, 2013, 11:48 PM   #15 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note II
Carrier: V

Very happy with my N2! I do like all the improved specs on the N3 though. I also really like that the N3 comes with a USB 3.0 connector.
Old September 9th, 2013, 02:21 PM   #16 (permalink)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:

I have a 16gb N2, and a 64gb micro card. I have a ton of videos and apps on my SD card, and still have 2gb of my 16gb on board storage left. So, I would never pay more $$ for a 64gb on board. Just buy a 64gb micro card. Its easier to pull it out and swap for backups anyway.

Anything bigger than a 32gb is a total non issue for me.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

Samsung is coming back with its legendary phablet. The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 comes packed with the best of specs, featuring a 5.7-inch display, a Snapdragon 800 procesor, a 3200 mAh battery and all the specs you can expect from a top-end device.&nb... Read More

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 3