Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 3

New Forums: Nexus Player | Nexus 9
Like Tree35Likes

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old September 6th, 2013, 11:08 AM   #51 (permalink)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Yep, just called. Multiple reps have said they aren't able to pre-order the Note 3 at full retail, unless you enroll in the Edge plan. They said to purchase at full retail and remain on unlimited, you need to wait till the phone is actually out.

You might just want to double check that the rep you ordered with didn't change you over to the Edge plan despite telling you otherwise (you know how unreliable csrs are). That or I guess you got lucky.

Advertisements
sponsored links
Old September 6th, 2013, 11:29 AM   #52 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 4
Carrier: Verizon

Thanked 2,842 Times in 2,180 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmosan View Post
Yep, just called. Multiple reps have said they aren't able to pre-order the Note 3 at full retail, unless you enroll in the Edge plan. They said to purchase at full retail and remain on unlimited, you need to wait till the phone is actually out.

You might just want to double check that the rep you ordered with didn't change you over to the Edge plan despite telling you otherwise (you know how unreliable csrs are). That or I guess you got lucky.

No Edge here
KOLIO likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to treb1797 For This Useful Post:
KOLIO (September 6th, 2013)
Old September 6th, 2013, 12:03 PM   #53 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by treb1797 View Post

No Edge here
Okay, called a couple more times and finally got a CSR that was able to pre-order it for me with the full retail option (no change to my unlimited data plan). It really shouldn't be this difficult... Stupid VZW.
Old September 6th, 2013, 12:17 PM   #54 (permalink)
Accept no imitations!

Device(s): Note 3 (rooted & ROMmed), Galaxy Nexus (retired), OG Droid (retired)

Thanked 7,147 Times in 3,391 Posts

My first csr never called back, so my second one says that the system is down. He didn't even know that the Note 3 was on pre-order today!

He said he would call me when the system is back up. Leave it to VZW to botch a phone launch... they apparently can't even get a pre-order right.

If I have helped you at all, please click the "Thanks" button
Forum Rules & Guidelines
Old September 6th, 2013, 12:48 PM   #55 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by treb1797 View Post

No Edge here
Okay, called a couple more times and finally got a CSR that was able to pre-order it for me with the full retail option (no change to my unlimited data plan). It really shouldn't be this difficult... Stupid VZW.
Old September 6th, 2013, 01:51 PM   #56 (permalink)

Device(s): GN3 retired:HTC Thunderbolt

Took me awhile, but I called the sale department instead of customer service.
Last edited by drell1emc; September 6th, 2013 at 06:28 PM.
Old September 6th, 2013, 02:00 PM   #57 (permalink)
Accept no imitations!

Finally! The 2nd CSR called back, and had to really do some work arounds to get the sale to include a phone ONLY, and not affect the plan or data.

I also used a great app called In Call Recorder to record the call (which is legal in my state, as long as one person knows about it and that's me). So if they try something nefarious, I have him on record saying that nothing changes but the phone.

But I got my confirmation number, Darling Bride is bummed that coral pink isn't available yet. Oh well, release date is October 10 so there's time.

<---------- One happy Chief!
Old September 6th, 2013, 02:05 PM   #58 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy Note 3. Retired: Blackberry, HTC Eris, Droid X, Galaxy Nexus and Iphone 4
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Pre ordered mine today so exicited
Old September 6th, 2013, 04:01 PM   #59 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy Note 3 Moto 360 Galaxy Nexus (retired), OG Droid (retired), Nexus 7, Nexus 10

I tried ordering the full retail price version myself several times this morning using Verizon's website, only to run into the issue of only seeing the $299 price for a two year commitment that others have seen. Since it looks like it won't ship until about October 10 (or perhaps slightly before that based on early shipments for other Verizon pre-ordered phones), I going to wait awhile to order it instead of calling customer service. Perhaps the 64GB version will magically become available in the meantime!
Old September 6th, 2013, 04:10 PM   #60 (permalink)
Accept no imitations!

Or the pre-orders sell out.

It's a crap-shoot, Bob. Good luck
sponsored links
Old September 6th, 2013, 04:24 PM   #61 (permalink)

Device(s): Storm1, Droid X, Galaxy Nexus, Galaxy Note 3

This morning I tried to do my preorder online to buy it out right and it kept continuing me to the 2 year contract charging me the $299.00 price instead of the $699.00 full price that I selected. So I went to a Verizon store and talking about being harassed about giving up my unlimited plan. The guy acted like he did not want my money for the buying it out right. telling me I do not need a unlimited plan. He became argumentative to the point that I left that Verizon store. There was another salesmen doing the same with another customer wanting to keep there unlimited plan. I left so upset that I gave up for today. I will try at my friends store Monday when he is back from vacation. Has any of you had any problems with pushy sales men or problems online?
Last edited by Preach2k; September 6th, 2013 at 04:32 PM.
Old September 6th, 2013, 04:35 PM   #62 (permalink)

Device(s):

I just tried to "upgrade my device" then selected the Edge program. This resulted in me giving up my unlimited data plan for the 6GB plan. Oddly enough, it looks like they were going to charge me the full amount for the phone instead of the monthly fee as the final screen said the amount due was in excess of $700. So to looks like I was going to pay full retail for the phone while losing my unlimited even though I selected Edge. Not sure what happened there. Anyways, I never intended to do Edge.
Old September 6th, 2013, 06:45 PM   #63 (permalink)

Device(s):

where the heck is the 64gb version???
Old September 6th, 2013, 09:23 PM   #64 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Note 3 incoming!), Samsung Galaxy S4 (Wife)

Quote:
Originally Posted by john248 View Post
where the heck is the 64gb version???
no carrier in the USA has it listed. Maybe only over seas markets?

Pretty shit if you ask me. I would of bought the 64gb.
Old September 7th, 2013, 12:17 AM   #65 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalumberjack View Post
no carrier in the USA has it listed. Maybe only over seas markets?

Pretty shit if you ask me. I would of bought the 64gb.
I doubt Verizon gets the 64gb version as they didn't have the 32gb GN2. But other carriers, I'd imagine will have 64 later this year.
Old September 7th, 2013, 12:23 AM   #66 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy Note 3 Moto 360 Galaxy Nexus (retired), OG Droid (retired), Nexus 7, Nexus 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Chief View Post
Or the pre-orders sell out.

It's a crap-shoot, Bob. Good luck
Yeah, definitely a chance that they will sell out the pre-orders. But with a month or so before shipments, I'll have to take a chance. I might even have to wait a week or two before they fill the pipeline again.

I was one of those following the Galaxy Nexus on the forums two years or so ago, and the forum activity in anticipation of the Galaxy Nexus was at least an order of magnitude greater than for the Note 3. Yet I walked into my local Verizon store the day of introduction and walked out with two GNs.

I will get the 32 GB Note 3 at full retail (keeping my unlimited) if it appears the 64 won't be available anytime soon, and I already have a San Disk 64GB Ultra card snagged at an Amazon sale. If my wife likes my Note 3, then I'll get her one and give her my Ultra card while getting an Extreme card for me.
Old September 7th, 2013, 01:43 AM   #67 (permalink)

Device(s): HTC Thunderbolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by john248 View Post
I just tried to "upgrade my device" then selected the Edge program. This resulted in me giving up my unlimited data plan for the 6GB plan. Oddly enough, it looks like they were going to charge me the full amount for the phone instead of the monthly fee as the final screen said the amount due was in excess of $700. So to looks like I was going to pay full retail for the phone while losing my unlimited even though I selected Edge. Not sure what happened there. Anyways, I never intended to do Edge.
edge allows you to purchase the phone and make installment payments towards the phone. but it will force you to give up the unlimited data and instead give you 6GB. you cannot keep unlimited data while purchasing a phone using this new program.
Old September 7th, 2013, 06:37 AM   #68 (permalink)

Device(s): Nexus 5
Carrier: Ting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preach2k View Post
This morning I tried to do my preorder online to buy it out right and it kept continuing me to the 2 year contract charging me the $299.00 price instead of the $699.00 full price that I selected. So I went to a Verizon store and talking about being harassed about giving up my unlimited plan. The guy acted like he did not want my money for the buying it out right. telling me I do not need a unlimited plan. He became argumentative to the point that I left that Verizon store. There was another salesmen doing the same with another customer wanting to keep there unlimited plan. I left so upset that I gave up for today. I will try at my friends store Monday when he is back from vacation. Has any of you had any problems with pushy sales men or problems online?
*** DO NOT GO TO A STORE ***

While some VZW stores are great, most are terrible, and will waste your time, turn your hair grey, and make you want to punch someone in the face. Pick up your phone and call VZW, their phone support is way better. Plus, if you just call them you don't even need to be wearing pants!

In all seriousness though, I had issues with two or three separate VZW stores in the Boston, MA area when the GNex came out. Terrible service, inaccurate information, and one store actually just wound up sitting me down behind the desk on the phone with the VZW phone based customer support because the idiots at the store couldn't actually do anything.

</rant>

Regarding the Note 3, I've currently got a GNex, and I'm eyeing the Note 3. Concerned about the comparatively massive size, and was thinking of waiting for a physical release to get some hands on time (...yeah...going to a store...). Does anyone have comments on how well the Note 3 (or Note 2) will fit into a "standard" guys pants pocket?
Old September 7th, 2013, 06:56 AM   #69 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy Note 3 Galaxy Note 2 Galaxy Nexus Nexus7

Looks like they have the website fixed. I was finally able to preorder mine and keep my unlimited plan.
The Following User Says Thank You to bjtcars For This Useful Post:
BobF (September 7th, 2013)
Old September 7th, 2013, 07:04 AM   #70 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwoloschin View Post
*** DO NOT GO TO A STORE ***

While some VZW stores are great, most are terrible, and will waste your time, turn your hair grey, and make you want to punch someone in the face. Pick up your phone and call VZW, their phone support is way better. Plus, if you just call them you don't even need to be wearing pants!

In all seriousness though, I had issues with two or three separate VZW stores in the Boston, MA area when the GNex came out. Terrible service, inaccurate information, and one store actually just wound up sitting me down behind the desk on the phone with the VZW phone based customer support because the idiots at the store couldn't actually do anything.

</rant>

Regarding the Note 3, I've currently got a GNex, and I'm eyeing the Note 3. Concerned about the comparatively massive size, and was thinking of waiting for a physical release to get some hands on time (...yeah...going to a store...). Does anyone have comments on how well the Note 3 (or Note 2) will fit into a "standard" guys pants pocket?
I am also from the Boston area and know what you mean about the Verizon store personal.

I had the Gnex (loved it) and now have the Note2. Its not too big at all. Fits into a pocket fine though it might be too big sometimes for using with one hand but you get used to it. The bigger screen certainly helps with not having to use my reading glasses to read an email.
sponsored links
Old September 7th, 2013, 07:42 AM   #71 (permalink)
Accept no imitations!

Since the Note 3 is comparable in size to the Note 2, I just played with the Note 2 and pretended it had a slightly bigger screen. Very comfortable in hand, considering the size of the phone. Played with the X, which is actually smaller than the Gnex.

But depending on the CSR you get on the phone, they may or may not know enough to help. My second CSR trying to pre-order the Note 3 didn't even know it was available for pre-order!

It's the curse of Android Forums: knowing more about Android and Android devices than 98% of reps, who are too busy working the numbers game to know what we know. They're doing what they can. Ah well...
Old September 7th, 2013, 10:44 AM   #72 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjtcars View Post
Looks like they have the website fixed. I was finally able to preorder mine and keep my unlimited plan.
Thanks for this update. I had tried several times yesterday to order at full retail in order to keep my unlimited. After seeing your message this morning, I tried again and it went through first time!
Old September 7th, 2013, 11:33 AM   #73 (permalink)

Device(s): HTC Incredible

I've gotten alot of info here from you guys. Thanks. Two questions. What is the date to be able to walk in to a store and pick up the Note3. Is it Oct. 10th or earlier. Second, the 6 gb you get with the edge plane. Is that only for my new phone or would I share that with other phones on my plan like the family plan? Thanks again!
Old September 7th, 2013, 11:59 AM   #74 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by spartan141 View Post
edge allows you to purchase the phone and make installment payments towards the phone. but it will force you to give up the unlimited data and instead give you 6GB. you cannot keep unlimited data while purchasing a phone using this new program.
I get that. I'm just wondering why it asked for over $700 in the amount due when the monthly bill should've gone up $30 and the $30 upgrade fee should've only been charged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjtcars View Post
Full retail?
Old September 7th, 2013, 12:00 PM   #75 (permalink)

Full retail?[/QUOTE]

Yes
Old September 8th, 2013, 01:33 PM   #76 (permalink)

Device(s):

I really hope Foxfi works with this phone.
Old September 9th, 2013, 02:00 PM   #77 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobF View Post
I hope both the 32 and 64GB versions are available for pre-order tomorrow.

Only the 32gb is on the Verizon site. Since I am upgrading from a N2 (16gb), with a huge micro card, not an issue at all. I have tons of stuff on my N2 and still have 2gb left, on a 16gb N2
Old September 9th, 2013, 02:26 PM   #78 (permalink)
Accept no imitations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by weave45 View Post
I've gotten alot of info here from you guys. Thanks. Two questions. What is the date to be able to walk in to a store and pick up the Note3. Is it Oct. 10th or earlier. Second, the 6 gb you get with the edge plane. Is that only for my new phone or would I share that with other phones on my plan like the family plan? Thanks again!

Good question and welcome to Android Forums! It seems to me that the 6 GB Edge data plan is a single line plan, not in the Family Share bucket. HOWEVER: If I were you, I would call *611 and find out for sure.

Oh, and release date is CURRENTLY scheduled for October 10th. Since they generally ship pre-orders out early in order for them to GET in the customer's hands on launch day, it's possible - depending on how far away you live from a distribution center - to get the pre-order Note 3 on the 9th or MAYBE even earlier.
Last edited by The_Chief; September 9th, 2013 at 02:28 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to The_Chief For This Useful Post:
weave45 (September 9th, 2013)
Old September 9th, 2013, 09:12 PM   #79 (permalink)

Device(s): HTC Incredible

Thanks Chief!
Old September 10th, 2013, 10:15 AM   #80 (permalink)

Device(s):

I pre-ordered my note3 to replace my note2, which I love, but I had an upgrade so what the heck. My brother is buying the note2. So the note3 only ends up costing me $175.00. :-)

I used the website, no issues.. come on 10/10!
sponsored links
Old September 11th, 2013, 09:44 AM   #81 (permalink)

Device(s):

For those that preordered through Verizon, have they charged your credit card yet? Or have you seen a pending charge?
Old September 11th, 2013, 10:00 AM   #82 (permalink)

Ordered mine on Saturday and not even a pending charge yet.
Old September 11th, 2013, 01:46 PM   #83 (permalink)
Accept no imitations!

It's my understanding that the charge will not be posted until the phone is ready to ship. Once October 8th or 9th comes around, the charge should hit.
Old September 11th, 2013, 02:44 PM   #84 (permalink)

Device(s): Note 3

Thanked 1,855 Times in 619 Posts

It would be a nice surprise if the released date was moved to an earlier date.
Old September 11th, 2013, 04:29 PM   #85 (permalink)
Accept no imitations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamMax View Post
It would be a nice surprise if the released date was moved to an earlier date.
You bet it would! Why the other big carriers are releasing the phone before Verizon is beyond me. Why the delay for us? October 1 would be great.
Old September 11th, 2013, 04:42 PM   #86 (permalink)

Device(s): Nexus 5, HP 14 Chomebook w/ HSPA+, Google Glass, LTE Nexus 7(2013), Chromecast
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Thanked 7,058 Times in 3,790 Posts

Quote:
You bet it would! Why the other big carriers are releasing the phone before Verizon is beyond me. Why the delay for us? October 1 would be great.
That's how things always are on Verizon. Their GS4 came out a month after everyone else's did. Their HTC One came out 4 months after everyone else.

Current Devices: Nexus 5, HP 14 Chromebook (Data Enabled), Google Glass, (2013) LTE Nexus 7, Chromecast
Retired: Samsung Fascinate, Droid Charge, Galaxy Nexus, (2012) WiFi Nexus 7, Asus TF700, Nexus 4, Logitech Revue
Old September 11th, 2013, 05:55 PM   #87 (permalink)

Device(s): HTC Droid Incredible(retired) Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Verizon)

Will they be in the store about the same time as I prefer pick up. Delivery isn't that great in my apartment complex.
Old September 11th, 2013, 06:54 PM   #88 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy Nexus, then G2, then Note 3, then G2, then Nexus 5, then Crapple 5S, now back on Note 3 again
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny772 View Post
Will they be in the store about the same time as I prefer pick up. Delivery isn't that great in my apartment complex.
I have the same problem.

I tried preordering it at Best Buy today, but the guy told me they don't price-match on any phones, even off contract. They wanted $100 more than what VZ is selling it for.

I told them to go jump in a lake.
Old September 11th, 2013, 07:08 PM   #89 (permalink)
Accept no imitations!

$100 MORE?

Sounds like a heck of a deal to me... for somebody...
Old September 11th, 2013, 07:11 PM   #90 (permalink)

Device(s): Note 3

Thanked 1,855 Times in 619 Posts

Some Best Buys will most won't price match. It's up to the mobile manager.
sponsored links
Old September 11th, 2013, 07:29 PM   #91 (permalink)

Money

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhawkkw View Post
That's how things always are on Verizon. Their GS4 came out a month after everyone else's did. Their HTC One came out 4 months after everyone else.
The S3 & Note 2 were the same way, almost a month behind. This is just par for the coarse.

I have never understood the whole Best Buy is $100.00 more than Verizon stores, but it has been like that for some time now.
Old September 11th, 2013, 08:09 PM   #92 (permalink)
U Just Luv My OPPOstyle

Device(s): 1+1 | OPPO N1 | SAMSUNG GEAR 2/FIT | LG G WATCH | CHROMECAST
Carrier: T-MOBILE

Thanked 2,009 Times in 1,479 Posts

BEST BUY's low price guarantee doesn't explicitly exclude off-contract phones, but, it does exclude contract phones:

Low Price Guarantee - Best Buy

If a phone (or any product @BB) has the "LOW PRICE GUARANTEE" emblem (check on-line or in-store), you're good to go.

It still wouldn't hurt to try a price match/low price guarantee,whether on or off contract, as YMMV.

I prefer to purchase via BEST BUY, as I like their insurance better than everyone else's, but, this time around, I think I'm gonna get my next phone from T-Mobile, on their JUMP program, as the insurance is included w/the monthly JUMP fee of $10.
Old September 11th, 2013, 08:16 PM   #93 (permalink)
Accept no imitations!

I have never run a phone deal through Best Buy. Nearest one to me is 40 miles away. For insurance and warranty though, I think I'll forego the Verizon TEC and go Squaretrade this time. It's all up front instead of monthly, but it's cheaper in the long run and no deductibles.

Folks, I know we're weeks away from having this thing in our hands but wow am I excited! My Nexus is really starting to annoy me: acting up, crashing, losing the live wallpaper & signal repeatedly... she's either getting really senile or she knows she's being put to pasture. This "rebellious" phone needs to be retired... SOON!
KOLIO likes this.
Old September 11th, 2013, 08:26 PM   #94 (permalink)

Quote:
I have never run a phone deal through Best Buy. Nearest one to me is 40 miles away. For insurance and warranty though, I think I'll forego the Verizon TEC and go Squaretrade this time. It's all up front instead of monthly, but it's cheaper in the long run and no deductibles.

Folks, I know we're weeks away from having this thing in our hands but wow am I excited! My Nexus is really starting to annoy me: acting up, crashing, losing the live wallpaper & signal repeatedly... she's either getting really senile or she knows she's being put to pasture. This "rebellious" phone needs to be retired... SOON!
Just remember Squaretrade doesn't cover you if your device is lost or stolen where Verizon's insurance does. Just something to keep in mind.
The Following User Says Thank You to treb1797 For This Useful Post:
The_Chief (September 11th, 2013)
Old September 11th, 2013, 09:30 PM   #95 (permalink)

Device(s): THE NOTE 4, BABY!!!

Quote:

Folks, I know we're weeks away from having this thing in our hands but wow am I excited! My Nexus is really starting to annoy me: acting up, crashing, losing the live wallpaper &amp; signal repeatedly... she's either getting really senile or she knows she's being put to pasture. This "rebellious" phone needs to be retired... SOON!

Having also come from the nexus, as I'm sure you remember (thanks again for all that help), if the 3 is anything like the 2, you're going to love it. If I wasn't a phone crack head, I'd have no issue with keeping the 2 longer. Keep being excited; it's totally part of the fun.
Old September 12th, 2013, 01:22 PM   #96 (permalink)

Device(s):

anyone use the "VERIZON30" code when paying full retail or 2 year contract or edge?
Old September 20th, 2013, 04:29 PM   #97 (permalink)
AF Addict

Device(s): G Note 3 Sprint (Jet Black), LG G3 Sprint (Gold), MoPhoQ Sprint, Mopho Sprint & G Note 8.0 Wi-fi
Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 2,874 Times in 1,947 Posts

For all you Verizon folks, looks like you don't have to worry about getting a cover for the button (like last year's Note 2). Verizon actually approved the backcover logo only:

Here is the Front and Back of Verizon’s Galaxy Note 3 – Droid Life
HanSolo likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to drexappeal For This Useful Post:
treb1797 (September 20th, 2013)
Old September 20th, 2013, 05:07 PM   #98 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy Nexus, then G2, then Note 3, then G2, then Nexus 5, then Crapple 5S, now back on Note 3 again
Carrier: T-Mobile

So I returned my LG G2 and am patiently waiting for Samsung to drop its giant load. Pre-ordered it today.

Can't wait.
treb1797 likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to HanSolo For This Useful Post:
KOLIO (September 20th, 2013)
Old September 20th, 2013, 05:23 PM   #99 (permalink)

Wink Giggity Giggity

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanSolo View Post
am patiently waiting for Samsung to drop its giant load.
Old September 20th, 2013, 05:41 PM   #100 (permalink)
Accept no imitations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanSolo View Post
So I returned my LG G2 and am patiently waiting for Samsung to drop its giant load. Pre-ordered it today.

Can't wait.
Han, you had such high hopes for the G2! What happened? I mean, welcome to the Note 3 waiting room... but what exactly brought you here, if you don't mind my asking?

Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

Samsung is coming back with its legendary phablet. The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 comes packed with the best of specs, featuring a 5.7-inch display, a Snapdragon 800 procesor, a 3200 mAh battery and all the specs you can expect from a top-end device.&nb... Read More

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 3