Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Like Tree35Likes

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old September 29th, 2013, 12:18 AM   #151 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy Nexus, then G2, then Note 3, then G2, then Nexus 5, then Crapple 5S, now back on Note 3 again
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by dropnbassonu View Post
Exactly. You really can't lose. If it works, then I saved $380. If it doesn't and they try to cancel the unlimited and force me into tiered then I'll cancel the order all together and pay full price like I intended on doing the whole time. I don't see any reason somebody who preordered wouldn't try this. The scariest thing was having to cancel my preorder FIRST before attempting this. I was gonna be mad if I jumped out of line and found out the deal was dead.
I tried canceling the order after I did the upgrade, but I have to call first thing tomorrow morning to cancel; sales line was already closed.

Advertisements
sponsored links
Old September 29th, 2013, 12:22 AM   #152 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanSolo View Post
I tried canceling the order after I did the upgrade, but I have to call first thing tomorrow morning to cancel; sales line was already closed.
It wouldn't let me do the new deal unless I cancelled my other preorder first. It said that bc there was a pending order I couldn't go any further....
Old September 29th, 2013, 09:33 AM   #153 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy Nexus, then G2, then Note 3, then G2, then Nexus 5, then Crapple 5S, now back on Note 3 again

Quote:
It wouldn't let me do the new deal unless I cancelled my other preorder first. It said that bc there was a pending order I couldn't go any further....
Maybe it was because my first pre-order was on a new line.

FYI, I was talking to a CSR on chat today about canceling it, and they told me that the upgrade/unlimited thing was a glitch in the system and that I would lose unlimited.

They did confirm to me, though, that if I lose my unlimited I can simply return it and revert back to unlimited, and then buy it outright, which I was planning to do anyway.

Just don't be surprised if it doesn't work. Remember, this is Verizon we're talking about. They have no problem screwing us over.
The Following User Says Thank You to HanSolo For This Useful Post:
KOLIO (September 29th, 2013)
Old September 29th, 2013, 09:53 AM   #154 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Chief View Post
You know, with all these other carriers announcing release on October 2nd or 4th, there is little doubt in my mind that we will get our Verizon Note 3 s long before the 10th

seriously doubt it. Remember, while those of us waiting for this phone think its the greatest thing since sliced bread. This is not a customer magnet product for VZW. Basically, they really dont care if Sprint and T Mobile have it a week before them. This phone is not moving the needle for VZW, while it may be a bigger deal for Sprint and T Mobile.
Old September 29th, 2013, 10:38 AM   #155 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxiron1 View Post
seriously doubt it. Remember, while those of us waiting for this phone think its the greatest thing since sliced bread. This is not a customer magnet product for VZW. Basically, they really dont care if Sprint and T Mobile have it a week before them. This phone is not moving the needle for VZW, while it may be a bigger deal for Sprint and T Mobile.
Agreed. Only thing they care about is their stupid Kevlar Droids.
thirstypirate likes this.
Old September 29th, 2013, 12:11 PM   #156 (permalink)

Device(s): White Galaxy Note 3, Motorola Bionic(retired), HTC Touch Pro 2 (retired)
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
I can confirm that the unlimited upgrade option is still working. I just went through the whole process. My confirmation email says I still have unlimited data.

I hopefully saved $400. If it doesn't work when I get it, I'll just return it to the local Verizon store and buy it outright, as I planned all along.
which link to try the upgrade trick did you use? the verizon iconic link? or the main vzw page? Did you need to cancel your preorder first?
Old September 29th, 2013, 12:13 PM   #157 (permalink)

Device(s): White Galaxy Note 3, Motorola Bionic(retired), HTC Touch Pro 2 (retired)

Quote:
So it worked for you? what steps and discount codes did you use? where/how did you cancel your preorder? which site did you enter to then perform the upgrade again.

I did my preorder through the vzw iconic website, and that did not allow me any options except month-to-month. Then again, I didnt cancel my existing preorder yet.
Old September 29th, 2013, 01:21 PM   #158 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetguat View Post
which link to try the upgrade trick did you use? the verizon iconic link? or the main vzw page? Did you need to cancel your preorder first?
I didn't cancel my preorder first, and I just clicked on "upgrade" on my line at vzw.com like normal.
Old September 29th, 2013, 01:30 PM   #159 (permalink)

Quote:
I didn't cancel my preorder first, and I just clicked on "upgrade" on my line at vzw.com like normal.

site wasn't working for me. will try again. Tried another browser and it still says I cant do it.
forces me to the iconic site and that says I cant do anything because I have a preorder in place.

and did you select "w/ 2yr contract" or $0 down with edge?

I presume you plan on canceling the preorder? its weird that it allows an upgrade whilst a preorder was already there isnt it?

did you try either of the discount codes?
Last edited by jetguat; September 29th, 2013 at 01:34 PM.
Old September 29th, 2013, 02:41 PM   #160 (permalink)

My first pre order was on a new line that I was planning to drop when it arrived. So that's probably why it didn't care when I upgraded, because the pre order was for a new phone number.

I didn't see anywhere to use the coupon code. I don't think it works on pre orders.

But truth be told, I might cancel the glitch order tomorrow. I have a sinking feeling that Verizon is using this as an excuse to have your plan changed and kick you off unlimited data.

Just a few days ago there was a report about the CEO saying how much they hate unlimited data and will never offer it again, and now this?

Something smells. I think I might just stick to the original plan of full retail, no contract, and peace of mind.
The_Chief likes this.
The_Chief (September 29th, 2013)
sponsored links
Old September 29th, 2013, 05:29 PM   #161 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Thanked 2,842 Times in 2,180 Posts

Verizon Appears to Have Fixed the Unlimited Data Keeping Extravaganza – Droid Life

Thought this might interest some folks
Old September 29th, 2013, 07:41 PM   #162 (permalink)

Device(s): Fascinate, Droid X, Nexus 7, Note 2, S5
Carrier: V

Quote:
Originally Posted by treb1797 View Post
Almost sounds like PR trick. For the whole day it was a topic of many discussions. Now I'm reading that some who got "lucky" and called back later got confirmation it will be reverted to min bandwidth data plan. Whatever it was, system glitches usually get fixed within an hour as soon as they realize all the on-line order traffic with people rushing to Verizon stores to pick up their phones (G2, etc.).

Complete List of all smartphone and tablet Accessory and Gadget REVIEWS by Twister => HERE
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old September 29th, 2013, 07:57 PM   #163 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by twister6 View Post
Almost sounds like PR trick. For the whole day it was a topic of many discussions. Now I'm reading that some who got "lucky" and called back later got confirmation it will be reverted to min bandwidth data plan. Whatever it was, system glitches usually get fixed within an hour as soon as they realize all the on-line order traffic with people rushing to Verizon stores to pick up their phones (G2, etc.).
I know that some had online chats with vzw that says the order was legit. When I chatted about the offer for subsidized phone costs but with unlimited. She knew what I was talking about, her comment was that those people will be called and told to change the data plan.

Enough tonspook me.. But the again.. I couldnt find where to cancel my preorder. I wanted to try the discount code but don't remember if there was an option to do that
Old September 29th, 2013, 08:07 PM   #164 (permalink)
U Just Luv My OPPOstyle

Device(s): 1+1 | OPPO FIND 7 | OPPO N1 | SAMSUNG GEAR 2/FIT | CHROMECAST
Carrier: T-MOBILE/AT&T

Thanked 1,940 Times in 1,424 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by twister6 View Post
Almost sounds like PR trick.
More like a twisted sense of humor from Everyone's favorite telecom CEO :

Verizon CEO: Unlimited data plans just aren't sustainable | Mobile - CNET News
Old September 29th, 2013, 08:36 PM   #165 (permalink)

Apparently Verizon's quarter 3 ends tomorrow. So was this unlimited "glitch" a mistake or just a way to boost their sales #'s ? We'll probably never know.
Old September 29th, 2013, 10:17 PM   #166 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Default Another Gnexer here!

Hey guys, I was part of the crazy Galaxy Nexus thread too I am currently debating what to do to get the Note 3, first should I pre-order or just pick it up in store on release date, I will be leaving to go out of town on the 11th so it seems a little risky to pre-order. Also I just can't fork out full price to keep my unlimited data and am thinking about the 6gb edge plan (which should be enough data for me) I keep reading about the Verizon30 code, can it be used when doing the edge plan so that the monthly rate drops, also does it have to be done online or can it be used in the store?

One other question about the Verizon30 code, could my husband use this to buy a phone at full price? He uses a LOT of data and needs to hold on to his unlimited.

Glad to see some familiar faces here!
Old September 29th, 2013, 10:59 PM   #167 (permalink)

Device(s): Note 3; formerly Rezound, Droid Charge, and OG Droid
Carrier: VZW

Thanked 1,438 Times in 820 Posts

Hey RCC, good to see you. I can see why you might be reluctant to order something that could be delayed and delivered after you leave on your trip, especially if nobody might be home to sign for it. Also I'd like to have at least a day with a new phone to make sure it works (testing calls, GPS, etc) before going off traveling with it.

If they try to remove my Unlimited upon activation, I'll settle for the $30 6GB but not 2GB.
Old September 29th, 2013, 11:07 PM   #168 (permalink)

Hey I'm itching to have it in my hands before my trip! lol I am just a little impatient when it comes to my gadgets.
Old September 29th, 2013, 11:10 PM   #169 (permalink)

Of course! I'd like my shiny new GN3 to show up tomorrow morning. C'mon VZW, make us happy.
Old September 30th, 2013, 10:38 AM   #170 (permalink)

I'm glad I went with my gut and canceled the glitch order to supposedly upgrade and keep unlimited.

https://mobile.twitter.com/VZWSupport/status/384681847533232129
sponsored links
Old September 30th, 2013, 11:34 AM   #171 (permalink)
Accept no imitations!

Device(s): Note 3 (rooted & ROMmed), Galaxy Nexus (retired), OG Droid (retired)

Thanked 7,106 Times in 3,377 Posts

Sometimes it sucks to be right so often

I hate it for all those folks who jumped on this, and now they've lost their places in the pre-order queue and unlimited data. They can cancel the subsidized order, but that puts them way behind...

If I have helped you at all, please click the "Thanks" button
Forum Rules & Guidelines
Last edited by The_Chief; September 30th, 2013 at 11:49 AM.
Old September 30th, 2013, 11:51 AM   #172 (permalink)

Quote:
Sometimes it sucks to be right so often

I hate it for all those folks who jumped on this, and now they've lost their places in the pre-order queue and unlimited data. They can cancel the subsidized order, but that puts them way behind...
Yep, not to mention the $35 restocking fee if they open it and try activating.
The_Chief (September 30th, 2013)
Old September 30th, 2013, 12:58 PM   #173 (permalink)

Device(s): Nexus 5, HP 14 Chomebook w/ HSPA+, Google Glass, LTE Nexus 7(2013), Chromecast
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Thanked 7,003 Times in 3,769 Posts

I'm not a contract law expert by any means, but since the customers agreed to one contact, and verizon is changing it, they have to send written notice to each customer and the customer can then agree to the new terms or void the contract, right?

Current Devices: Nexus 5, HP 14 Chromebook (Data Enabled), Google Glass, (2013) LTE Nexus 7, Chromecast
Retired: Samsung Fascinate, Droid Charge, Galaxy Nexus, (2012) WiFi Nexus 7, Asus TF700, Nexus 4, Logitech Revue
Old September 30th, 2013, 01:25 PM   #174 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhawkkw View Post
I'm not a contract law expert by any means, but since the customers agreed to one contact, and verizon is changing it, they have to send written notice to each customer and the customer can then agree to the new terms or void the contract, right?
That's the way it's supposed to work in theory, yes.

But Verizon has many super lawyers that will find a loophole if they want to.

Another factor in my decision was simply not wanting to be on another contract with the blood suckers.
mastervm likes this.
Old September 30th, 2013, 02:46 PM   #175 (permalink)

Device(s):

I really doubt Verizon will be held to a glitch on their site. There's likely to be some type of protection for them in a situation like this. If they were a friendly company, they would just honor the web site error and get some decent free press out of this.
Old September 30th, 2013, 03:51 PM   #176 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
I'm glad I went with my gut and canceled the glitch order to supposedly upgrade and keep unlimited.

https://mobile.twitter.com/VZWSupport/status/384681847533232129
Just before anyone gets into an uproar

That doesnt really confirm anything

Hell if you look at VZW's actual twitter they dont have any sort of announcement on the topic either

https://twitter.com/VZWSupport

I dont think the issue is going to be so simple
Old September 30th, 2013, 03:55 PM   #177 (permalink)

Verizon Will Honor Upgrades From This Past Weekend, Unlimited Data Shall be Kept – Droid Life
rivera02 and dcm1602 like this.
The Following User Says Thank You to treb1797 For This Useful Post:
BlueBiker (September 30th, 2013)
Old September 30th, 2013, 04:13 PM   #178 (permalink)
Accept no imitations!

That's gonna fry the CEO bad, since he just came out against unlimited in a BIG way. I expect the company to employ any and every means possible to end unlimited for everybody. All that much more intensely.
Old September 30th, 2013, 04:17 PM   #179 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
That's gonna fry the CEO bad, since he just came out against unlimited in a BIG way. I expect the company to employ any and every means possible to end unlimited for everybody. All that much more intensely.
I don't see what more they can do except offer incentives like the Verizon Max deals to Unlimited users. In any case, now many are on for another 2 years, so we'll see around that time what they come up with.
Old September 30th, 2013, 04:18 PM   #180 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Not at all

All he said was that unlimited plans arent sustainable because they hog too much bandwith

It wasnt like he came out and said something like people on unlimited plans ruin the experience for everyone and hurt the whole network or something
sponsored links
Old September 30th, 2013, 04:20 PM   #181 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by john248 View Post
I don't see what more they can do except offer incentives like the Verizon Max deals to Unlimited users. In any case, now many are on for another 2 years, so we'll see around that time what they come up with.
Sounds like 5g could make everyone on the current unlimited plan jump ship, if its as much of an upgrade as it sounds like it could be.

Im still on 3g (luckily got in my unlimited plan on this promo) so ill be excited enough with 4g
Old September 30th, 2013, 04:30 PM   #182 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy_S4......................... Galaxy_Note_3................... Nexus_7_2
Carrier: AT&T

Some of the developments I've seen coming from Verizon lately seem to indicate larger changes are on the way.
Old September 30th, 2013, 05:20 PM   #183 (permalink)
Accept no imitations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcm1602 View Post
Not at all

All he said was that unlimited plans arent sustainable because they hog too much bandwith

It wasnt like he came out and said something like people on unlimited plans ruin the experience for everyone and hurt the whole network or something
I understand what he said, DCM, but please understand that his VPs and executives also heard what he was IMPLYING. Anyone left with unlimited data is a $$$ burden on the corporation, and basically taking money out of the pockets of his stockholders. We need to all be on a tiered data plan just a fast as legally possible. That's what "unsustainable" implies to them.

And that's why I suggested that the company will dangle carrots at us to get off unlimited. EDGE is the first carrot. They may get sweeter and sweeter, or the corporation may just skip the sweet stuff and go straight to "your plan ENDS this date".

They'll absorb the ETFs and cancellations at once and then CEO is happy because everyone left is on tiered. And they'll make all that money back several times over in data charges.

My 0.02
Old September 30th, 2013, 05:24 PM   #184 (permalink)

Man oh man!

So I read on Droid-Life that Verizon is honoring those unlimited upgrades. And I have to admit my blood boiled a bit. I could have sworn they were up to no good.

But I called customer care and told them that I had canceled the upgrade because a CSR told me it would not be honored, and now it is being honored, and I would like to reinstate my upgrade.

After checking my account to make sure that I had ordered it within the glitch time frame, he told me to go ahead and re-order the phone as an upgrade, accept the 2GB plan, and when I call to activate it, to tell them what happened and to check my account. He made a notation on the account explaining the whole story. He was 100% sure that my unlimited data would be reinstated. He just said to not delete the email confirmation from the first upgrade.

So yes, I'm stuck on another contract with these idiots, but at least I saved $400.

And BTW, my micro SD card arrived! It's so tiny! Like a little adorable baby.
The_Chief, rivera02, KOLIO and 1 others like this.
Last edited by HanSolo; September 30th, 2013 at 05:27 PM.
KOLIO (September 30th, 2013)
Old September 30th, 2013, 06:48 PM   #185 (permalink)

Device(s): Nexus 5, HP 14 Chomebook w/ HSPA+, Google Glass, LTE Nexus 7(2013), Chromecast

Man, I hope they don't pull a fast one on ya and mess it all up for you.
Old September 30th, 2013, 09:46 PM   #186 (permalink)

Quote:
Man, I hope they don't pull a fast one on ya and mess it all up for you.
Me too. Worse case scenario, I take it back and spend an hour talking to supervisor after supervisor on why they should eat the restocking fee.
Old September 30th, 2013, 10:27 PM   #187 (permalink)

I had to clean up a couple off-colored posts, so let's keep things civil in here moving forward.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jhawkkw For This Useful Post:
D-U-R-X (September 30th, 2013), ocnbrze (October 1st, 2013)
Old September 30th, 2013, 10:30 PM   #188 (permalink)

Quote:
I had to clean up a couple off-colored posts, so let's keep things civil in here moving forward.
Sorry about that.

At least I didn't cause a lock down like the old days.
KOLIO likes this.
jhawkkw (September 30th, 2013)
Old September 30th, 2013, 10:34 PM   #189 (permalink)

Quote:
Sorry about that.

I remember those days quite well. I would say that Gnex release thread was my gateway into my AF life. Was a lot of fun and quite a ride.
Old September 30th, 2013, 10:37 PM   #190 (permalink)

Quote:
Sorry about that.

Danger! Danger! DEFCON Han! Danger! Danger!
KOLIO and HanSolo like this.
sponsored links
Old September 30th, 2013, 11:01 PM   #191 (permalink)

Device(s):

Default Great choice on Verizon's Part

I was able to upgrade my phone thru this glitch and get 4 friends to also take advantage of this offer. Was going to go thru Best Buy to get this phone because I have a couple gift cards to cover the price. Probably going to use it to buy a playstation 4 now.
The Following User Says Thank You to Richluck For This Useful Post:
KOLIO (September 30th, 2013)
Old October 1st, 2013, 06:24 AM   #192 (permalink)

Device(s): HTC Droid Incredible(retired) Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Verizon)

This is my first time in a long time ordering anything. Do they use a standard shipper like FedEx or UPS. Or does it depend on the area. The reason I ask is UPS is great delivering to my apartment office, FedEx not so much. I was thinking of canceling my preorder just to ensure I get it in my hand. Or maybe changing the delivery address to my work. Just in case. Or maybe to a Verizon store if they do that.
Last edited by jonny772; October 1st, 2013 at 06:28 AM.
Old October 1st, 2013, 09:59 AM   #193 (permalink)

Does anyone know about the Verizon30 promo code? I contacted Verizon and they act like they don't know anything about it. I want to know if it can be used if I pre-order and do the edge max plan.
Old October 1st, 2013, 11:21 AM   #194 (permalink)

Device(s): GNex - LTE ........ Moto Xoom ........................ Droid Incredible ............... *no apples*

Dammit...I missed the glitch! I gave up my unlimited plan just last week to preorder the Note 3. I'll now share a 4g plan with my wife and pay more than what I was paying for a 2g + unlimited plan with 700 shared minutes.

We will now have 2 very good phones (S3 and Note 3) that should last long enough to dump VZW when our contact is up.
Old October 1st, 2013, 02:00 PM   #195 (permalink)

Device(s):

I thought the glitch with keeping the unlimited data is only valid for people who actually activated their phones over the weekend and signed into a new 2 year contract.
The ones that ordered and still waiting for the phone should not be able to keep the unlimited since the contract has not been signed yet by activation of the device?

I could be wrong but just be careful; worse case, just return the phone.
Old October 1st, 2013, 05:19 PM   #196 (permalink)

Device(s):

Are Verizion phones definitely shipping on the 10th ?

Or expected to arrive by the 10th ?

Or, I remember reading a while ago that Verizion stated their phones would be released "by" the 10th, which means earlier than the 10th is possible ?

Just trying to get a general idea, of what the latest news is thanks !

Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

Samsung is coming back with its legendary phablet. The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 comes packed with the best of specs, featuring a 5.7-inch display, a Snapdragon 800 procesor, a 3200 mAh battery and all the specs you can expect from a top-end device.&nb... Read More

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 3