Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Like Tree15Likes

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old September 24th, 2013, 03:08 AM   #51 (permalink)

Device(s): Note 3, Huawei E586 MiFi
Carrier: Vodafone/Three/O2

Finally got my invite to get my new phone this evening London time:

Congratulations! You are invited to the Exclusive Launch at Samsung Experience Store, Westfield Stratford on the 24.09.2013. 6pm.

Collect your GALAXY Note 3 + Gear at the event and receive a Smart Academy classes running throughout the event, 1-2-1 tutorials with our expert team, Personalise your handset with free apps, data transfer, a wide range of accessories and much more! Look forward to seeing you there!

Get a 50 reward when you trade in any old phone. Remember to bring in your receipt and old phone handset.

Advertisements
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Simon_Gardner For This Useful Post:
KOLIO (September 24th, 2013), rawhide85 (September 26th, 2013), The_Chief (September 24th, 2013)
sponsored links
Old September 24th, 2013, 05:18 AM   #52 (permalink)

Device(s): SM-N9005, SM-V700, GT-I9250 Play.
Carrier: Vodafone (sim-only)

Hopefully tomorrow afternoon on my doorstep ;-)
Old September 24th, 2013, 09:32 AM   #53 (permalink)
Accept no imitations!

Device(s): Note 3 (rooted & ROMmed), Galaxy Nexus (retired), OG Droid (retired)
Carrier: Verizon

Thanked 7,108 Times in 3,377 Posts

Oh, what teasing! My Note 3 is so close I can just about feel it in my hand... yet so far away. Congratulations on getting yours in mere hours, let us know what you think of your new baby!
atrain311 likes this.

If I have helped you at all, please click the "Thanks" button
Forum Rules & Guidelines
Old September 24th, 2013, 10:46 AM   #54 (permalink)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

My BestBuy experience was similar, except the mobile phone rep I spoke with said they were only getting the 16g version, to which I replied, " as I understand it, Samsung was not offering 16g, just 32 or 64". The rep said that Best Buy only gets the smallest size offered. So I politely said Thank You very much , and walked out.
I am getting mixed info from multiple sources, which leads me to believe that noone really knows, which is why I will be waiting until I know its out, then go to AT&T and check for sure.
Old September 24th, 2013, 10:49 AM   #55 (permalink)

Device(s): iPhone 5, Pre ordered Galaxy Note 3

Just got confirmation that my Note 3 wil be delivered between 8:30 and 10:30 AM tomorrow. He's close!!!!
Old September 24th, 2013, 10:57 AM   #56 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy Nexus, then G2, then Note 3, then G2, then Nexus 5, then Crapple 5S, now back on Note 3 again
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dammit!

Frakking Verizon.

I'll probably end up getting it delivered in November.
Old September 24th, 2013, 10:58 AM   #57 (permalink)

Device(s):

My local Best Buy in NY says they're getting all models tomorrow on the 25th. I hope its true for Verizon, I can't wait much longer with my cracked, and horribly slow Gnex.
The Following User Says Thank You to artemis92 For This Useful Post:
KOLIO (September 25th, 2013)
Old September 24th, 2013, 11:02 AM   #58 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy Nexus, then G2, then Note 3, then G2, then Nexus 5, then Crapple 5S, now back on Note 3 again
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis92 View Post
My local Best Buy says they're getting all models tomorrow on the 25th. I hope its true, I cant wait much longer with my cracked, and horribly slow Gnex.
All models = all carriers?

Ugh. If true, I'm not biting. Extra wait is not worth the additional $100 I'd have to spend.

Frakking Verizon.

Frakking Best Buy.

Old September 24th, 2013, 11:11 AM   #59 (permalink)
AF Addict

Device(s): G Note 3 Sprint (Jet Black), LG G3 Sprint (Gold), MoPhoQ Sprint, Mopho Sprint & G Note 8.0 Wi-fi
Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 2,841 Times in 1,921 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis92 View Post
My local Best Buy in NY says they're getting all models tomorrow on the 25th. I hope its true for Verizon, I can't wait much longer with my cracked, and horribly slow Gnex.
I call B.S. They won't get it prior to the carriers actually offering. My guess is, they meant they'll get the unlocked GSM version, non LTE.
Old September 24th, 2013, 11:13 AM   #60 (permalink)
AF Addict

Device(s): G Note 3 Sprint (Jet Black), LG G3 Sprint (Gold), MoPhoQ Sprint, Mopho Sprint & G Note 8.0 Wi-fi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sourapple View Post
My BestBuy experience was similar, except the mobile phone rep I spoke with said they were only getting the 16g version, to which I replied, " as I understand it, Samsung was not offering 16g, just 32 or 64". The rep said that Best Buy only gets the smallest size offered. So I politely said Thank You very much , and walked out.
I am getting mixed info from multiple sources, which leads me to believe that noone really knows, which is why I will be waiting until I know its out, then go to AT&T and check for sure.
LOL...Samsung didn't even make a 16gb version. They're just mis-informed.
sponsored links
Old September 24th, 2013, 11:33 AM   #61 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Thanked 2,842 Times in 2,180 Posts

Even if Best Buy gets it in before the carrier stores do they can't sell them until the carrier lets them. This happened w/ the Verizon Note 2, some Best Buy stores got them in a week before the official Verizon release date. I found a store & went to check it out ( mainly to see how the Verizon logo looked on the home button ). When I asked the BB manager if I could buy one he said not until Verizon lets them & that they only got 1 in anyway just to use for display purposes.
Old September 24th, 2013, 11:41 AM   #62 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanSolo View Post
All models = all carriers?

Ugh. If true, I'm not biting. Extra wait is not worth the additional $100 I'd have to spend.

Frakking Verizon.

Frakking Best Buy.
Yeah he said all carriers, and named Verizon, AT&T, and Tmobile, didn't mention Sprint specifically.
Old September 24th, 2013, 05:28 PM   #63 (permalink)
AF Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sourapple View Post
btw...just to put your mind at ease, regarding the 16gb, the only 16gb versions are going to be limited to specific regions. Taiwan is one of them:

16GB Galaxy Note 3 headed to Taiwan this week, abysmal internal storage on flagship devices lives on | SamMobile

From all the reports/reviews/videos I've seen, every one of them has reported the US receiving at "least" the 32gb version. 64 was the one that was still in question, but all the signs point to there not being a 64 available in the US...again (just like the Note 2). But, I"m fine with the 32gb version, since it was shown to have 25gb of usable space. While I still would've purchased the 64 (likely 57 usable), with very little hesitation, I can definitely work with 25gb as compared to the 10gb I had to work with on the Note 2 (and really struggled to work with after the first 4 months).
Old September 24th, 2013, 06:17 PM   #64 (permalink)

Device(s): Note 3, Huawei E586 MiFi
Carrier: Vodafone/Three/O2

Waiting in line - all these people had already paid but still they waited in line today.

drexappeal likes this.
Old September 24th, 2013, 06:22 PM   #65 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Note 3
Carrier: AT&T

I followed up with best buy today in California and they are saying Oct 2-3.
drexappeal likes this.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xenonsupra For This Useful Post:
drexappeal (September 24th, 2013), KOLIO (September 25th, 2013)
Old September 24th, 2013, 06:27 PM   #66 (permalink)
AF Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenonsupra View Post
I followed up with best buy today in California and they are saying Oct 2-3.
I was thinking of stopping by tonight, since I have to head to the area by my local Best Buy anyway.

Without a doubt, it'll be 10/4 for Sprint. Sprint release dates are always on Fridays. And, according the pre-order on Bestbuy.com, it also states 10/4 (which is good because they delayed the Sprint Note 2 release in Best Buy by 2 weeks last year, so I'd technically only have my phone for 11 months, not 12, by the time I go in to trade in on Friday).
Old September 24th, 2013, 07:46 PM   #67 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy Note 10.1

So for TMobile, it's October 2nd?

If so, I'll post my phone up a few days before that and have a buyer all lined up to meet me at the store.
The Following User Says Thank You to RobF353 For This Useful Post:
Old September 25th, 2013, 04:09 AM   #68 (permalink)

Device(s): LG G3 (Titanium); Samsung Galaxy S5 (Black)
Carrier: Globe; Smart

September 28th in the Philippines with a whooping SRP of Php 36,990 or almost $900.
The Following User Says Thank You to PrinceOfDorne For This Useful Post:
Old September 25th, 2013, 08:37 AM   #69 (permalink)

Device(s): White Galaxy Note 3, Motorola Bionic(retired), HTC Touch Pro 2 (retired)

Dude Chill-lax on the "frakking" VzW. Just switch carriers if you gonna get all worked up over 1 week on a phone. Take your bandwidth to a lessor engineering network of Sprint or ATT and leave the extra 4G bandwidth to us. We are all excited, and anxious. But its still a phone. Breath. Breath. and repeat a view times.
Old September 25th, 2013, 11:07 AM   #70 (permalink)
AF Addict

Just wanted to post up some information, prior to all the phones starting to drop for all the providers, especially here in the US. One thing to keep in mind, that was noticeable with the Note 2, is that all the carriers made different tweaks to the software that had limitations.

For instance,
The Quick Toggle Notification menu. All the providers had different items available than others. Some menu items were available on providers that weren't available on others (and vice versa).

So, if you get your Note 3 and wonder where a certain menu item is, it's likely the carrier (for whatever reason) decided to remove that item.

One of the quick toggles that Sprint removed was Blocking Mode (which, I really can't comprehend why). Widgetsoid became my savior for the items that were removed that I wanted as a quick toggle menu. I just created a notification widget that matched the same color scheme as Samsung's and I've been fine with my configuration ever since.

There were a few other items that were different across all the providers, but I really can't remember all of them. Just a little friendly pre-warning, before threads get started screaming and hollering at Samsung, when it's likely the provider that might have removed a software element that Samsung initially had in the international version.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to drexappeal For This Useful Post:
amarie82 (September 25th, 2013), KOLIO (September 25th, 2013)
sponsored links
Old September 25th, 2013, 10:22 PM   #71 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy_S4......................... Galaxy_Note_3................... Nexus_7_2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny772 View Post
This is the first phone I have been excited about in a while.
I feel the same way. I was getting a bit jaded, it's nice to have a phone that I find compelling.
Old September 25th, 2013, 11:05 PM   #72 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by drexappeal View Post
Just wanted to post up some information, prior to all the phones starting to drop for all the providers, especially here in the US. One thing to keep in mind, that was noticeable with the Note 2, is that all the carriers made different tweaks to the software that had limitations.

For instance,
The Quick Toggle Notification menu. All the providers had different items available than others. Some menu items were available on providers that weren't available on others (and vice versa).

So, if you get your Note 3 and wonder where a certain menu item is, it's likely the carrier (for whatever reason) decided to remove that item.
Why do cell carriers insist on thinking they are good at making/modifying UIs? Do they think they are differentiating themselves? If there's one thing I appreciate Apple for is that they don't let carriers **** with their OS.
Old September 26th, 2013, 12:45 AM   #73 (permalink)
AF Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpill2016 View Post
Why do cell carriers insist on thinking they are good at making/modifying UIs? Do they think they are differentiating themselves? If there's one thing I appreciate Apple for is that they don't let carriers **** with their OS.
It's because the OEM's for Android allow it. Apple doesn't.
Old September 26th, 2013, 02:49 PM   #74 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy_S4......................... Galaxy_Note_3................... Nexus_7_2

Even before smartphones carriers began adding various "services" to enhance their revenue. Therefore by the time smartphones arrived it was common practice.

The fierce determination, unbridled narcissism and raw aggression of Steve Jobs served to strip away that practice on iPhones only. While seen as a great advantage by some, it's never hindered my experience with any phone.

Remember there's no problem that can withstand the assault of sustained thinking. Suitable workarounds have been the solution for me.
KOLIO and rawhide85 like this.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zendroid For This Useful Post:
drexappeal (September 26th, 2013), rawhide85 (September 26th, 2013)

Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

Samsung is coming back with its legendary phablet. The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 comes packed with the best of specs, featuring a 5.7-inch display, a Snapdragon 800 procesor, a 3200 mAh battery and all the specs you can expect from a top-end device.&nb... Read More

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 3