Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

Like Tree16Likes

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old October 2nd, 2013, 11:00 AM   #51 (permalink)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

I am under the impression that only the 64gig/Snapdragoon version can shoot 4k video... is this correct?

sponsored links
Old October 2nd, 2013, 11:08 AM   #52 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crosley123 View Post
Oh, let's try and pretend that not everyone uses the phone in the exact same way as you do...for example, you come visit me at work. Unfortunately, you will not remember meeting me because you are in the Emergency Room. Now, good for you, I'm great at what I do and with the proper diagnosis and CT Scans from Radiology, I'll save your life.

But...if we have been very busy and my phone is too full with other CT scans, I'm going to have to spend time either a) walking over to an open PC with radiology access or b) try and find scans to delete to fit yours in. So, yeah, if I'm willing to spend a few more $$ on a phone and additional memory, I'd suggest that you consider not all of us use it to play games or store 1,000 apps. There are real world applications that need more memory.

If you need more than 32gb - internal and 64gb micro card, you probably need to walk over and use your PC, not a cellphone.
Old October 2nd, 2013, 11:28 AM   #53 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxiron1 View Post
If you need more than 32gb - internal and 64gb micro card, you probably need to walk over and use your PC, not a cellphone.
I have a 160gig ipod that is completely full of music... and have ~1T worth of music total. Would love to be able to carry all of my music on my phone, but wont be able to.... so in short, there is no such thing as too much storage.
drexappeal and Crosley123 like this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Choptop32 For This Useful Post:
drexappeal (October 2nd, 2013)
Old October 2nd, 2013, 11:36 AM   #54 (permalink)

Device(s): Note 3; formerly Rezound, Droid Charge, and OG Droid
Carrier: VZW

Thanked 1,437 Times in 820 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choptop32 View Post
I have a 160gig ipod that is completely full of music... and have ~1T worth of music total. Would love to be able to carry all of my music on my phone, but wont be able to.... so in short, there is no such thing as too much storage.
You're in luck then, I believe taxiron1 just volunteered to carry your PC around with you so you can listen to as much music as you like.
Choptop32 likes this.
Old October 2nd, 2013, 02:15 PM   #55 (permalink)

Device(s): G Note 3 Sprint (Jet Black), MoPhoQ Sprint, Mopho Sprint & G Note 8.0 Wi-fi
Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 2,633 Times in 1,760 Posts

Quote:
I don't have an iPod, but have about the same (if not more) amount of music. And video files, because they're larger, fill up another 3/4 of a 2TB drive I have at home.

I always laugh when I see negative comments regarding people not needing the storage space. What's funny is, I really did think that I was an "exception" to the rule, just because of both my personal and work needs, but after seeing some of the posts in here, at least I don't feel like I'm the "only" one that wishes the 64 would just be readily available, rather than playing a guessing game every year.

That said, I still don't see the 64 being offered on any of the US providers.
Crosley123 likes this.
Old October 2nd, 2013, 02:48 PM   #56 (permalink)

Device(s): Note 3, Huawei E586 MiFi
Carrier: Vodafone/Three/O2

What's the demographic that the Note 3 is going to appeal to?
Old October 2nd, 2013, 05:36 PM   #57 (permalink)

Device(s):

can anyone confirm that the 32gig version can/cant shoot 4k video?
Old October 2nd, 2013, 05:41 PM   #58 (permalink)

Device(s): G Note 3 Sprint (Jet Black), MoPhoQ Sprint, Mopho Sprint & G Note 8.0 Wi-fi

Quote:
I am under the impression that only the 64gig/Snapdragoon version can shoot 4k video... is this correct?
Quote:
Where the heck did you hear that? Care to share the source of your information?
KOLIO likes this.
Old October 2nd, 2013, 07:39 PM   #59 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by drexappeal View Post
Where the heck did you hear that? Care to share the source of your information?
forgot where I read it... but I recall reading that only the 64gig/Snapdragon version will be able to shoot 4k video.

thats why i am asking if anyone with the 32gig version can shoot 4k video and what processor it might have if it can or cant do it.
Old October 2nd, 2013, 08:07 PM   #60 (permalink)

Quote:
forgot where I read it... but I recall reading that only the 64gig/Snapdragon version will be able to shoot 4k video.

thats why i am asking if anyone with the 32gig version can shoot 4k video and what processor it might have if it can or cant do it.
Out of curiosity, I did a quick search on 4k video for the Galaxy Note 3 and IBTimes had done an article:
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Release Date Nears: No 4K Video Recording On U.S. Models?

It doesn't mention anything about it being limited to the 64gb version, but does mention that it might be limited to certain areas and possibly only for the Snapdragon 800 version.

That said, they also mention the US getting 64gb versions, but there have been no signs (anywhere) indicating that any of the US providers will get a 64gb model (if they do, but release them later, I'll be slightly irritated).

At the bottom of the article, it mentions speaking to a Sprint representative as well as a Verizon representative confirming 4K video recording being available on the respective versions.

It's not a deal breaker for me, either way, but what I'm irritated at is, I'm hoping that these blogs are wrong about the US versions potentially offering a 64gb version. If they do, they need to have it available on launch day. I can't stand staggered launches.
sponsored links
Old December 23rd, 2013, 07:34 AM   #61 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
There is no such thing as to much storage.
Howeever, i got ALL my music collection on my Mobile Phone, and ever had.
Currently clocking in at 6837 songs.
I bet i could fit that Tb of music inside my 64 gb memory card too.

The problem is people are stupid/or dont know about it, and they want to use costly formats such as FLAC or 256 kbps mp3.
That is wasted space.

What u need to do is convert all your music files in aac format,thats aac 56 kbps parametric stereo.

My 6837 songs occupy 12,52 Gb, no more.
And PowerAMP the best music player for Android correctly recognized AAC56 kbps parametric stereo with Album Art.
56 kbps is also overkill, you could gowith 32 kbps and the quality is the same.

I did a blind test between a ripped FLAC music files and a 56 kbps parametric stereo, and i couldnt tell the difference. Thats on PC,with ASUSXonar DX soundcard, and SenheiserHDD555 Headphones.

If i couldnt tell the difference, then i said to myself, the quality otta be good enough for me to use them on phone.

On topic, im waiting also to buy a 64 gb note, currently owning a Note N7000, thats the note 1, where there is a 2 gb internal space partition that is always full, and i cant install shit because of it.
But im getting a 64 gb version or wont be getting anything at all.

I allready ordered the 10000 mAh ZeroLemon battery, hopefully sometime in the future the 64 gb version will also suffice.
Im living in Germany, and here only the 32 gb version can be bought.
Old December 23rd, 2013, 08:28 AM   #62 (permalink)
Cenobite

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Samsung Galaxy Trend Plus, Nokia 5030 XpressRadio (backup phone), Nokia N8 (R
Carrier: DNA

Quote:
The international 32Gb model (N9005) with snapdragon can shoot 4k video.
Last edited by LilianTepes; December 23rd, 2013 at 08:30 AM.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

Samsung is coming back with its legendary phablet. The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 comes packed with the best of specs, featuring a 5.7-inch display, a Snapdragon 800 procesor, a 3200 mAh battery and all the specs you can expect from a top-end device.&nb... Read More

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 3