Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By ScandaLeX
  • 3 Post By zendroid
  • 1 Post By The_Chief
  • 1 Post By taxiron1
  • 1 Post By n0really

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old September 16th, 2013, 09:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (current phone) Motorola RAZR HD MAXX (last phone, backup)
Carrier: Verizon

Default Is anyone worried about recent Samsung quality or 'new phone' issues?

I've been thinking about getting a Note 2 for quite some time as it seems to be a great phone that most users really like. But I thought I'd wait to see what the Note 3 was going to have first.

However, as I wait I have been paying close attention to the S4 and there seems to be a real quality issue over on that sub-forum. A whole bunch of people report problems. Not sure if it's a slide in Samsung's quality of new-phone-itis but I worry about the Note 3 running into these issues.

Now I'm thinking maybe I'll just wait until the Note 3 comes out and then grab a Note 2 when the prices on those dive. Anyone else considering this route?

Advertisements
sponsored links
Old September 16th, 2013, 09:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
Wasn't Me

Device(s): NOTE II
Carrier: The NOW Network

Something I've noticed--
Whenever a new phone is about to be released, people suddenly start having all kinds of issues with their current phone.

Everyone I know with the S4 are completely happy and issue-free.
KOLIO likes this.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ScandaLeX For This Useful Post:
BobF (September 17th, 2013), Jocelyn84 (September 16th, 2013), KOLIO (September 21st, 2013), Preach2k (September 17th, 2013)
Old September 17th, 2013, 04:59 AM   #3 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy_S4......................... Galaxy_Note_3................... Nexus_7_2
Carrier: AT&T

There's a few things to keep in mind.

1) Those who are perfectly happy aren't likely to join a forum just to post that fact.

2) Some people will post complaints even though they've done little if anything to take personal responsibility to learn about their device.

3) It's an Internet phenomenon, that people are quick to trash their devices & others.

That said, I work in a large engineering firm where we all use smartphones. The greater majority are the latest top of the line models. Those of us with Samsung & Nexus models just to name two, have all had excellent experiences with very few exceptions. In those cases without fail its usually due to the mods we make. These are phones with excellent build quality, designed by skilled engineers. A fact overlooked by many.
The_Chief, lennydude and BoOuds like this.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zendroid For This Useful Post:
lennydude (September 17th, 2013), PiscesCloud (October 14th, 2013), Preach2k (September 17th, 2013)
Old September 17th, 2013, 06:11 AM   #4 (permalink)
Accept no imitations!

Device(s): Note 3 (rooted & ROMmed), Galaxy Nexus (retired), OG Droid (retired)
Carrier: Verizon

Thanked 7,152 Times in 3,396 Posts

That's why I didn't root my Galaxy Nexus for 6 months: I wanted to MAKE SURE everything worked well before trashing the warranty. A little long to test, I know, but I was a happy user. Nothing broke, it was a champ; and it has taken everything I've thrown at it since I got it December 15th, 2011.

If the Note 3 becomes rootable, then my test time will be significantly shorter. Not because I want to ROM it and lose all those great features, but to install my root-only apps that make life so much easier.

My Galaxy Nexus, the Darling Bride's Galaxy S3, our 55" 3DTV, the home theater amplifier and our wireless printer were all made by Samsung. We haven't have a single quality control issue with any of them... so I'm not seeing this "slide" in quality along any production line.

pbrstanwood likes this.

If I have helped you at all, please click the "Thanks" button
Forum Rules & Guidelines
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The_Chief For This Useful Post:
atrain311 (September 17th, 2013), KOLIO (September 21st, 2013), lennydude (September 17th, 2013)
Old September 17th, 2013, 08:20 AM   #5 (permalink)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

I was concerned about samsung quality before I got my Note 2, based on older generation Samsung quality. But my Note 2 has been great quality
pbrstanwood likes this.
Old October 14th, 2013, 03:48 PM   #6 (permalink)

Device(s):

Several Samsung devices in our family quality of product good, support much less so.
I have a problem with a Galaxy S3, proximity sensor fails meaning that phone locks up when you make a call, remove battery is only way to end the call, its a known problem as Mr Google will tell you.
Samsung support just said that it was water damage and refused to honor the warranty (its 3 months old and has never been near water).
Samsung acted like judge jury and executioner. Very high handed attitude, we know it has a hardware problem that a lot of other people have, but in our opinion its your fault so no we're not going to fix it.
Old October 15th, 2013, 07:09 PM   #7 (permalink)

Device(s):

Keep us updated. I've had great service with Samsung. I've done two warranty exchanges so far without any hassle.
pbrstanwood likes this.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

Samsung is coming back with its legendary phablet. The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 comes packed with the best of specs, featuring a 5.7-inch display, a Snapdragon 800 procesor, a 3200 mAh battery and all the specs you can expect from a top-end device.&nb... Read More

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 3