Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Like Tree31Likes

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old November 13th, 2013, 10:37 AM   #101 (permalink)
AF Contributor

Device(s): iPhone 5s - Stock ::::: HTC One - Stock ::::: Samsung S2 - Rooted
Carrier: Vodafone / Three

NEW TOY! NEW TOY! I'm like a five year old at Christmas...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOLIO View Post
No,still on it's way (Tuesday,I'm guessing, left Chicago yesterday).

Qi Wireless Charger Pad for Samsung Galaxy S3 NOTE2 S4 Receiver 10000mAh Battery | eBay

For pure functionality,it's the one to get,w/the 2 USB ports & the 10kmah battery storage (to power the QI charger &/or the USB ports).

Glad I ordered when I did,the price has been jacked-up an additional $100 since I ordered this on 10/6/13.

I'm guessing the release/popularity of the GN3,w/its wireless charging capabilities & the price increase are no coincidence........
If this does what I hope it does, it will be awesome. If I understand this correctly, you can plug the charger/battery unit into the mains and place your phone on it to wirelessly charge whilst the inbuilt battery in the charge unit also charges. Then you can unplug the battery and take it with you, use it to charge any devices via the built in USB connections and also wirelessly charge any device with wireless charging capabilities. Is that about it? If so, I WANT ONE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Chief View Post
I have the Tylt Vu in house, awaiting the wireless charging S-view cover to come in (expected date is now Oct 31, could be pushed back again)

It's just a total pain trying to hook up a USB 3 charging cable to the phone next to my bed at night in the dark. Wireless charging would be a no-brainer in that scenario.

So I wait... and will happily review the setup when I have it
That Tylt Vu is excellent but unavailable in the UK despite what they say on their website. I've just looked into the cost of importing one and it's prohibitive. A shame as that would be perfect for my nightstand as I would like to use my phone as a clock too. Currently my phone sits flat and I can't see the screen.

I'm not sure whether to go down the aftermarket induction card route or whether to get one of the OEM wireless covers. Do the aftermarket cards cause much heat? They are obviously situated right on top of the battery and these sort of batteries dislike too much heat. The benefit of getting the OEM cover is that I can just get a bumper for the phone and leave it mostly naked so that when I come to sell it I can put the pristine original backplate back on. The benefit of the card is that I can 'potentially' use any case. I guess certain cases will be too thick and not work. Anyone have any experience of which ones don't please?

Advertisements
Not a member yet but want to join? Join here!
Last edited by Scootmien; November 13th, 2013 at 10:45 AM.
sponsored links
Old November 13th, 2013, 11:04 AM   #102 (permalink)
AF Addict

Device(s): G Note 3 Sprint (Jet Black), LG G3 Sprint (Gold), MoPhoQ Sprint, Mopho Sprint & G Note 8.0 Wi-fi
Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 2,841 Times in 1,921 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scootmien View Post
NEW TOY! NEW TOY! I'm like a five year old at Christmas...

If this does what I hope it does, it will be awesome. If I understand this correctly, you can plug the charger/battery unit into the mains and place your phone on it to wirelessly charge whilst the inbuilt battery in the charge unit also charges. Then you can unplug the battery and take it with you, use it to charge any devices via the built in USB connections and also wirelessly charge any device with wireless charging capabilities. Is that about it? If so, I WANT ONE!
You're exactly correct. It acts as a wireless charge pad and also has 2 USB ports for wired charging (2.1a and 1a ports). It's definitely a portable size, especially for a 10kmah backup battery charger, but I use it for desktop charging at work.
The Following User Says Thank You to drexappeal For This Useful Post:
Scootmien (November 13th, 2013)
Old November 13th, 2013, 11:36 AM   #103 (permalink)
AF Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by drexappeal View Post
You're exactly correct. It acts as a wireless charge pad and also has 2 USB ports for wired charging (2.1a and 1a ports). It's definitely a portable size, especially for a 10kmah backup battery charger, but I use it for desktop charging at work.
Thanks. Did you buy it from the link and get one of the charging receivers from there too please?
Old November 13th, 2013, 12:15 PM   #104 (permalink)
AF Addict

Device(s): G Note 3 Sprint (Jet Black), LG G3 Sprint (Gold), MoPhoQ Sprint, Mopho Sprint & G Note 8.0 Wi-fi

Quote:
Thanks. Did you buy it from the link and get one of the charging receivers from there too please?
I had purchased from ebay, but most of the vendors that ship from China/Taiwan get their products from the same distribution.

I've heard of some people having issues with the receivers, but I think the receiver pads are hit and miss. I happened to get lucky because the one I have works just fine. It takes a little longer to register compared to the OEM Samsung battery cover, but still perfect for my needs.
Scootmien (November 13th, 2013)
Old November 13th, 2013, 12:20 PM   #105 (permalink)
AF Contributor

Quote:
I had purchased from ebay, but most of the vendors that ship from China/Taiwan get their products from the same distribution.

I've heard of some people having issues with the receivers, but I think the receiver pads are hit and miss. I happened to get lucky because the one I have works just fine. It takes a little longer to register compared to the OEM Samsung battery cover, but still perfect for my needs.
Cheers mate. I haven't decided what case to go with yet. I have two different styles of flip case and a TPU case next to me, all bought for 1 penny total from Amazon way back before the phone got released. They'll tide me over until I decide whether to go with a bumper and the OEM wireless charging cover, a normal slim case and a receiver or the S-view wireless charging cover.

Decisions, decisions...
Old November 13th, 2013, 12:36 PM   #106 (permalink)
AF Addict

Quote:
Cheers mate. I haven't decided what case to go with yet. I have two different styles of flip case and a TPU case next to me, all bought for 1 penny total from Amazon way back before the phone got released. They'll tide me over until I decide whether to go with a bumper and the OEM wireless charging cover, a normal slim case and a receiver or the S-view wireless charging cover.

Decisions, decisions...
LOL...I have a ton of cases sitting around and a couple more on the way, just trying to find exactly what I need. The one I have now is great, extremely thin, but I'm hoping the one that's on the way will have more coverage, but still the same thin profile (as I typically hate using cases).
Old November 13th, 2013, 03:35 PM   #107 (permalink)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

i ordered this qi charger and receiver on 11-04-13 Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Qi Standard Wireless charging pad with Receiver for SAMSUNG Galaxy Note III and just received it today 11-13-13 put the receiver under the cover of the cellphone and re-installed the original cover and put that into tech21 case, very very slight bulge to the cover, can barely see it. and proceeded to charge to phone. a little sensitive to position on the pad, but the leds help with that. blue light = find a better location on the pad and green light = your ok and charging. one bad point the power plug had round contacts, but i had extra power plugs and used one of them. Total cost $32.00 and $1.98 shipping.
The Following User Says Thank You to ahjengmool For This Useful Post:
KOLIO (November 13th, 2013)
Old November 15th, 2013, 10:39 AM   #108 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy Note 3 (black)
Carrier: TMobile

I would assume that if I combined a wireless charger with a wallet case (assuming it would charge through the case) that any mag-strip cards I put in the wallet would then be at risk of corruption/erasure from the charging pad. Is this true?

Also, I have read that the non-OEM pad inserts block NFC. Is this true? Does the OEM wireless cover allow NFC?
Last edited by big_z; November 15th, 2013 at 10:47 AM.
Old November 15th, 2013, 02:46 PM   #109 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_z View Post

Also, I have read that the non-OEM pad inserts block NFC. Is this true? Does the OEM wireless cover allow NFC?
The non-OEM pad that I purchased does block NFC. I'm wondering about the OEM wireless also.
Old November 16th, 2013, 11:09 AM   #110 (permalink)

Device(s):

the charging pad is a bit slippery and after a few hours became warm, I decided to try out placing rubbert bands on it, that solved the slipping problem, then i placed 14 layers of heavy 30lb paper under each band creating an air gap of about 1/10 of an inch between the cellphone and the charger, the cellphone was a little more sensitive to placement on the pad but it connected and went into charge mode and tonight i will test for the heat, hopefully the air gap will help.Untitled 2.jpg
The Following User Says Thank You to ahjengmool For This Useful Post:
KOLIO (November 16th, 2013)
sponsored links
Old November 18th, 2013, 06:05 AM   #111 (permalink)
Accept no imitations!

Device(s): Note 3 (rooted & ROMmed), Galaxy Nexus (retired), OG Droid (retired)
Carrier: Verizon

Thanked 7,106 Times in 3,377 Posts

HOLY SMOKES!

I thought I'd die of old age before I ever saw the day, but it is here!

Mobile Fun USA FINALLY got wireless charging S-View covers in off the boat and mine is enroute to me! It'll be the best of both worlds!

KOLIO likes this.

If I have helped you at all, please click the "Thanks" button
Forum Rules & Guidelines
Old November 18th, 2013, 09:39 AM   #112 (permalink)

Device(s):

a follow-up: placement was not a problem, once the sweet-spot was determined. Think most cases, with the exception of those with fold out easels, should work ok. The heat build up I mentioned was generated by the charger, but not really hot. I rotated the Note 180 degrees and the heat spot on the phone, moved from one end to the other on the note. The heat was slightly reduced by the air gap.
Old November 18th, 2013, 09:43 AM   #113 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahjengmool View Post
the charging pad is a bit slippery and after a few hours became warm, I decided to try out placing rubbert bands on it, that solved the slipping problem, then i placed 14 layers of heavy 30lb paper under each band creating an air gap of about 1/10 of an inch between the cellphone and the charger, the cellphone was a little more sensitive to placement on the pad but it connected and went into charge mode and tonight i will test for the heat, hopefully the air gap will help.Attachment 64357
I would think that the rubber bands are enough of a gap to allow cooling. I use the rubber ducky cases so won't have any problems. Warm is ok but hot enough to fry an egg, maybe a problem. Is that the Samsung pad, how long to charge from 10% to 100?
Old November 18th, 2013, 10:27 AM   #114 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy Nexus

Quote:
HOLY SMOKES!

Mobile Fun USA FINALLY got wireless charging S-View covers in off the boat and mine is enroute to me! It'll be the best of both worlds!

got a link for this by chance? I can't find it anywhere. Or rather, the one I found still shows sold out.
Old November 18th, 2013, 10:37 AM   #115 (permalink)
The Real Bass Creator

Device(s): Galaxy Note 3 4.4.2(Eclipse) , Nexus 7 (Stock), (RIP) Galaxy Nexus 4.4(SlimKat)

Thanked 3,422 Times in 2,163 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerPivot View Post
got a link for this by chance? I can't find it anywhere. Or rather, the one I found still shows sold out.
Yeah I would be interested in the above link as well since I hope I will be getting my Note 3 soon

I love this community and so should you! So before posting please read:
Site Rules & Guidelines and Android FAQ's
Old November 18th, 2013, 10:49 AM   #116 (permalink)
Accept no imitations!

I'm mobile right now but will post the link when I get home. It's mobilefun.com though, took forever to come off backorder...
Old November 18th, 2013, 11:23 AM   #117 (permalink)

Device(s):

it just gets warm, no its not a samsung charger, those are more costly. charging time seems to be about the same as the supplied charger here is the link for the charging set, Amazon.com: Qi Standard Wireless charging pad with Receiver for SAMSUNG Galaxy Note III: Cell Phones & Accessories
Old November 18th, 2013, 12:52 PM   #118 (permalink)
U Just Luv My OPPOstyle

Device(s): 1+1 | OPPO FIND 7 | OPPO N1 | SAMSUNG GEAR 2/FIT | CHROMECAST
Carrier: T-MOBILE/AT&T

Thanked 1,943 Times in 1,427 Posts

Quote:
HOLY SMOKES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerPivot View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Controller View Post
Yeah I would be interested in the above link as well since I hope I will be getting my Note 3 soon
MOBILEFUN USA & UK shows the black model available in two days/white as sold out:

Official Samsung Galaxy Note 3 S-View Wireless Charging Cover - Black :: MobileFun.com

Official Samsung Galaxy Note 3 S-View Wireless Charging Cover - White :: MobileFun.com
Old November 18th, 2013, 01:00 PM   #119 (permalink)
U Just Luv My OPPOstyle

Quote:
Checked SAMSUNG UK/USA/KOREA,looks like they're not selling it direct ATM,only through retail partners such as MOBILE FUN.
Old November 18th, 2013, 02:23 PM   #120 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy Nexus

Quote:
Awesome. Thanks! I must have had their paged cached from weeks ago or something. Or they updated in the last hour to make me look foolish.
sponsored links
Old November 19th, 2013, 06:57 AM   #121 (permalink)
Accept no imitations!

Yeah, mine's coming from the UK by Royal Mail. They very likely exhausted their supply filling backorders.
Old November 22nd, 2013, 05:26 PM   #122 (permalink)
AF Addict

I've got a little tip/trick for those of you using the non-OEM wireless receiver pad/insert. This should be especially useful for those of you that swap out your battery every day (like myself).

Instead of having to re-position the wireless charge pad every time you swap the battery, follow these steps and it should save you some time.

1) Take back cover off phone
2) position the wireless Qi receiver pad exactly where it needs to go and be sure that the charging contacts are sitting in the right location.
3) Place a thin piece of double sided tape on the inside of the battery cover (one could also use electrical tape)
4) Place the back battery cover onto the phone

Once you placed the back battery cover onto the phone, when you take it back off, it should have situated the charging pad, on the back battery cover, exactly where it needs to be every time you attach the back cover. I tried it with a piece of scotch tape and it worked perfectly fine. Of course, I'll likely replace that scotch tape with electrical tape later down the line, but it worked perfectly and I didn't need to keep placing the pad down, prior to closing up my phone.
Scootmien likes this.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to drexappeal For This Useful Post:
KOLIO (November 22nd, 2013), LillieBennett (November 23rd, 2013)
Old December 2nd, 2013, 04:54 AM   #123 (permalink)
AF Contributor

Tylt are having a 50% off sale on their website today.

If you don't know what that is, they do the wireless charging plate/dock that was mentioned by Kolio further up this thread. Go to the site and type in 50off_ty!t in the promo code box at the checkout. I just got a Black Vu shipped to the UK for $50.

TYLT • VU • Wireless Charger

drexappeal likes this.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Scootmien For This Useful Post:
drexappeal (December 2nd, 2013), KOLIO (December 2nd, 2013), The_Chief (December 2nd, 2013)
Old December 2nd, 2013, 05:36 AM   #124 (permalink)
Accept no imitations!

SUCKS!

For me, anyway... that's what I get for not waiting on the sales

I absolutely LOVE my Tylt Vu. It's so convenient... I just sit my phone down on it and she charges. All it took was a $12 Docooler coil from Amazon.

Great sale, great find!
Old December 2nd, 2013, 11:37 AM   #125 (permalink)
AF Addict

Quote:

If you don't know what that is, they do the wireless charging plate/dock that was mentioned by Kolio further up this thread. Go to the site and type in 50off_ty!t in the promo code box at the checkout. I just got a Black Vu shipped to the UK for $50.

Awesome deal. Just wish I would've waited, instead of getting one from T-Mobile with 25% off.
Old December 2nd, 2013, 11:40 AM   #126 (permalink)
AF Addict

Ice Monkey has this wireless charge with the Droid logo on it, so figured it was appropriate

Icemonkey: Deals 'Till Sold Out: Electronics, Home & Garden, Jewelry, Toys & More

$20 FS & No tax is better than some of those ebay chargers, but I'm still tempted to get another TYLT even though I don't need it.
KOLIO (December 2nd, 2013)
Old December 2nd, 2013, 12:38 PM   #127 (permalink)
AF Addict

Looks like the TYLT VU is sold out. The website must have been overwhelmed with orders because I tried getting in to purchase a blue one, but the website just crashed on me while I was registering. Went back right now, to try again and Shop Now button only shows the car charger available. Oh well.
Old December 2nd, 2013, 06:06 PM   #128 (permalink)
U Just Luv My OPPOstyle

Quote:

Quote:
Looks like the TYLT VU is sold out. The website must have been overwhelmed with orders because I tried getting in to purchase a blue one, but the website just crashed on me while I was registering. Went back right now, to try again and Shop Now button only shows the car charger available. Oh well.
Just signed-up for this 2nd chance @50% off TYLT accessories/chargers:

TYLT 50% off sale overloads website, honors deal past Cyber Monday but you gotta sign up!
drexappeal likes this.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KOLIO For This Useful Post:
drexappeal (December 2nd, 2013), The_Chief (December 25th, 2013)
Old December 2nd, 2013, 07:15 PM   #129 (permalink)
AF Addict

Quote:
Just signed-up for this 2nd chance @50% off TYLT accessories/chargers:

TYLT 50% off sale overloads website, honors deal past Cyber Monday but you gotta sign up!
Signed up. Hope I get one, but no biggie if I don't.
Old December 7th, 2013, 06:43 PM   #130 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Galaxy Nexus Motorola Bionic Motorola Droid X Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpill2016 View Post
I'm curious about peoples' thoughts on wireless charging. I'm coming from an iPhone so the whole idea is new to me.

- Is it worth the expense?

- Are there any downsides (slower charging, etc)?

- Is the special case/back bulky? Does it prevent you from using any other cases?

- Are the charging pads generic? Brand recommendations?

Thanks for any opinions!
I have the Samsung charging back and the wireless charger. Helps prevent wear and tear on the charging port and charges fairly quickly. The back adds a touch of bulk but I personally like the feel.
sponsored links
Old December 12th, 2013, 03:38 PM   #131 (permalink)

My OEM wireless charging back just shipped; $26 from Samsung's website with a 1/2 off coupon code. They finally got them in stock this week.

Of course, I don't actually have a charging pad yet, and my wife may have instituted a moratorium on me buying things for myself due to Christmas, so not sure when I'll be able to fully test it.
Old December 12th, 2013, 05:40 PM   #132 (permalink)

Device(s): N7 (12&13), Note 2, GNex, N1, G1, TF

Quote:
My OEM wireless charging back just shipped; $26 from Samsung's website with a 1/2 off coupon code. They finally got them in stock this week.

Of course, I don't actually have a charging pad yet, and my wife may have instituted a moratorium on me buying things for myself due to Christmas, so not sure when I'll be able to fully test it.
They let you use your code for that? I thought there was a $50 limit?
Old December 12th, 2013, 08:36 PM   #133 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimphappyhour View Post
They let you use your code for that? I thought there was a $50 limit?
There is a $50 limit.

It's $39.99 regular price.

Also, if you search for "Samsung coupon code" you can find other 50% off codes. I had already blown the one I got when I bought my phone on the MHL dongle.
The Following User Says Thank You to big_z For This Useful Post:
chimphappyhour (December 13th, 2013)
Old December 13th, 2013, 07:57 AM   #134 (permalink)

Quote:
There is a $50 limit.

It's $39.99 regular price.

Also, if you search for "Samsung coupon code" you can find other 50% off codes. I had already blown the one I got when I bought my phone on the MHL dongle.
Nice! They brought the price down from the initial listing then. Very good news. I'll have to see if I can find my code now.
Old December 13th, 2013, 10:23 AM   #135 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Note 3, Toshiba Thrive (Original)

I bought this Amazon.com: Docooler Qi Standard Wireless Charging Receiver for Samsung Galaxy Note III 3 N9000 N9005: Cell Phones & Accessories
and this
Amazon.com: Docooler Qi Wireless Charger Transmitter Charging Pad/Mat/Plate for Nokia Lumia 920 Nexus 4/5 Patented Heat Dissipation (Black): Cell Phones & Accessories

Should be here in a few days.

I also bought a Trident Kraken Case. I have seen a few hacks to get wireless charging to work. I will try the Otterbox next if the Kraken case does not allow me to wireless charge.Amazon.com: Trident Case AMS-SAM-GNOTE3-RED Kraken A.M.S. Series Case for Samsung Note 3 ~ Red ~ Retail Packaging: Cell Phones & Accessories
Old December 13th, 2013, 11:02 AM   #136 (permalink)
The Real Bass Creator

Device(s): Galaxy Note 3 4.4.2(Eclipse) , Nexus 7 (Stock), (RIP) Galaxy Nexus 4.4(SlimKat)

Thanked 3,422 Times in 2,163 Posts

Sounds interesting I might have to check out wireless charging, I mean I haven't really thought it necessary, but who knows until I try it out...
Old December 13th, 2013, 12:31 PM   #137 (permalink)
AF Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Controller View Post
Sounds interesting I might have to check out wireless charging, I mean I haven't really thought it necessary, but who knows until I try it out...
I seriously thought the same last year, when I had the Note 2 (Sprint), but had to modify the body in order to get wireless charging. At that time, the options were kinda expensive and limited initially, but they have opened up since that time.

Now, with wireless charging, I just find it to be SO convenient in different scenarios. I have a 10k mah backup battery charger/qi wireless charger that sits on my desk at work, then a Tilt qi wireless charger for my night stand at home, and purchased an Incipio ghost 300 (aka Droid ghost 300), which I temporarily have placed in my co-worker's office, who also has wireless charging capabilities for their phone.

They are all fantastic options, just when wanting to have a slower charge when not using the device. For fast charging scenarios, it's not really the route to go (and one can still rely on plugging the device in), but I find that I use my wireless charging options more than plugging in the device nowadays.
Old December 17th, 2013, 08:31 AM   #138 (permalink)
AF Addict

Device(s): Note3 running X-Note 4.3 in Safestrap Stock slot.
Carrier: AT&T

Thanked 2,880 Times in 2,640 Posts

Actually none. Wireless chargers are terribly inefficient and, for a battery the size of the one used in the note 3 (or larger), not very good for the battery lifetime.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rukbat For This Useful Post:
ocnbrze (December 18th, 2013)
Old December 17th, 2013, 12:28 PM   #139 (permalink)

The Tylt Vu seems to get the best reviews from my research. That's probably what I'll pick up soon.
Old December 17th, 2013, 01:27 PM   #140 (permalink)
AF Addict

Wireless charging
sponsored links
Old December 17th, 2013, 02:44 PM   #141 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy Note 3, LG F3Q
Carrier: T-Mobile

I'm seeing a lot of 600ma output QI receivers.

Are there any 1 amp or higher QI receivers that have NFC also?
Old December 17th, 2013, 05:50 PM   #142 (permalink)

Just got my OEM wireless charging cover in the mail. To answer my own question from about a month ago, it does not interfere with NFC.
Old December 18th, 2013, 09:49 AM   #143 (permalink)

Just got my cover too. Put it on then went to put on my Neo Hybrid case.... doesn't fit. I'll get to test the new cover out tonight on a Tylt Vu I picked up from Tmo with the accessory sale code. Used the Tylt last night with my N7 and it worked out pretty well.

I need to find a cheap but dependable qi pad to leave here at work now and I'll be all set.
Old December 18th, 2013, 10:57 AM   #144 (permalink)
AF Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimphappyhour View Post
Just got my cover too. Put it on then went to put on my Neo Hybrid case.... doesn't fit. I'll get to test the new cover out tonight on a Tylt Vu I picked up from Tmo with the accessory sale code. Used the Tylt last night with my N7 and it worked out pretty well.

I need to find a cheap but dependable qi pad to leave here at work now and I'll be all set.
There were multiple posts earlier stating how the back cover adds bulk to the phone and there are only some cases that would work, but tight fitting cases would likely be out of the question.

That's why I ended up opting for a qi charging receiver, rather than the OEM back cover.
Old December 18th, 2013, 02:43 PM   #145 (permalink)
DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

Device(s): Galaxy Note 3, HTC Evo 4g LTE(no longer have), HTC 3vo(no longer have), HTC EVO (not activated)

Thanked 14,314 Times in 9,169 Posts
ocnbrze@gmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuddus View Post
Which WIRELESS CHARGER is best FOR SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 3?
i just merged this with our existing thread on this topic.
Old December 25th, 2013, 07:13 AM   #146 (permalink)
Accept no imitations!

I am just a little miffed at Mobile Fun. I ordered a wireless charging S-View cover, and they sent me a standard S-View cover. Got a return authorization and sent it back. That was a couple of weeks ago, and NOTHING. No word from them, no e-mail, nothing.

All I want is my money back. The Docooler coil in the phone works perfectly well with my Tylt Vu: but the S-View cover is too thick for the coil to get a good charge with it. I DO have the phone in a handsome leather case that DOES allow it to charge: and it looks good. It just won't fit in a holster... it's about 3mm too long. The S-View cover will, but at this point all I want is my money back out of them.

Old December 26th, 2013, 10:11 AM   #147 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuddus View Post
I'm using a portable Qi wireless charger which specially designed for my Galaxy S4.
It's working great.
Price Only $29.99

Check it out here: Qi Wireless Charger Charging Pad for Nexus 4, Nexus 5, New Nexus 7 Tablet, Galaxy S4, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note 2 and Other Qi-Enabled Phones
I bought that pad too and it does work well with the OEM cover and is inexpensive.
kuddus (January 6th, 2014)
Old January 2nd, 2014, 01:54 PM   #148 (permalink)
AF Addict

For those looking for an inexpensive Qi charging pad:

Icemonkey: Deals 'Till Sold Out: Electronics, Home & Garden, Jewelry, Toys & More

I purchased one of these and much like the reviews, it definitely has a tendency to heat up a lot, so I wouldn't use this as a primary charger that you'd leave the device on for an extended period of time, but it's definitely worth $20. Much smaller than the pictures depict and looks nice.
Old January 2nd, 2014, 04:48 PM   #149 (permalink)

Device(s):

found this on Androidcentral.com seems interesting The Air Dock | Indiegogo
Old January 3rd, 2014, 11:27 AM   #150 (permalink)

Device(s):

What does everyone else's Note 3 do once the wireless charger has reached 100%? Does it stop charging? Mine seems to turn off, then at 99% it starts up again (vicious cycle that may continue all night). Is there an app or battery charging regulator that can prevent this? I understand it has to do with the 'wakelock' function in Android.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

Samsung is coming back with its legendary phablet. The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 comes packed with the best of specs, featuring a 5.7-inch display, a Snapdragon 800 procesor, a 3200 mAh battery and all the specs you can expect from a top-end device.&nb... Read More

Tags
samsung galaxy note 3, wireless charger

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 3