Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 3

New Forums: Nexus Player | Nexus 9
Like Tree33Likes

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old September 29th, 2013, 02:27 PM   #51 (permalink)

Device(s): Note 3, Huawei E586 MiFi
Carrier: Vodafone/Three/O2

Quote:
Originally Posted by drexappeal View Post
Mac doesn't allow connection of the phone to access data on the phone via computer? Try toggling usb debugging.
That isn't what I said either.

Advertisements
sponsored links
Old September 29th, 2013, 04:24 PM   #52 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy S2, Galaxy Note, Galaxy Note 2, LG G PAD
Carrier: T Mobile UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon_Gardner View Post
That's not the point. You can't see where they are BEFORE you hit one and they light up - not after. It doesn't help that I'm holding the S-pen so that's what I'm using.

On my Note 2, I set the touch key light duration to always on so that I can always see my capacitive buttons.
The Following User Says Thank You to MISS DIVA For This Useful Post:
Simon_Gardner (September 29th, 2013)
Old September 29th, 2013, 04:40 PM   #53 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy_S4......................... Galaxy_Note_3................... Nexus_7_2
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
That's not the point. You can't see where they are BEFORE you hit one and they light up - not after. It doesn't help that I'm holding the S-pen so that's what I'm using.
Have you tried turning them on and leaving them on?

They're so small they may not require a lot of energy.
The Following User Says Thank You to zendroid For This Useful Post:
Simon_Gardner (September 29th, 2013)
Old September 29th, 2013, 05:12 PM   #54 (permalink)

Very good.

Sorted.

MISS DIVA likes this.
Old September 29th, 2013, 05:13 PM   #55 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy Note 3 Galaxy SIII TMO Galaxy Note 10.1
Carrier: tmo

Quote:
As a complete smartphone virgin, my first bugbear is an ergonomic one. It's with the Menu and Back touch-"buttons" to the left and right of the Physical Home button at the bottom below the screen proper. You have no idea they are there and they only light *after* you have hit them. So completely camouflaged. I know I will get used to "knowing" where they are but it's poor design and irritating.

I also don't like that I can't mount the SD card or the phone onto a Mac desktop as I could with my last feature phone. The workaround is with Android File Transfer but it's clunky. You certainly can't do things like renaming files on the phone or do much housekeeping - from the computer. I rather suspect this is all Apple's fault and not Samsung's.

I've found the software occasionally buggy and it has given me problems and necessitating force shutting down of some programs from time to time but so far everything has been soluble.

The OS is still a steep learning curve. I am still finding it difficult editing the main screens and app screens to get them as I want and that Multi Window panel, I am so far unable to add things I want to.

My buying decision was made when I saw the Note 2 about four months ago (at Samsung, London) and I anticipated the Note 3 and waited. The choice was made almost - but not entirely - on the existence of the S-pen. and the screen quality and acreage. I haven't been wrong about either. No buyers' remorse.

Plus of course iPhones have superseded the position occupied by DOS IBM PCs once. Safe and very boring because "Nobody ever got fired for buying IBM". For this and many other reasons, I wasn't going to get an iPhone.

I've been using my Note 3 since September 24. It's fun. I have yet to get into one of its primary functions for me which is controlling cameras. But for a whole lot of other stuff - I already have no idea how I did without it.
For file transfers give Airdroid a try, I personally love the design and it's really easy to use.
The Following User Says Thank You to hbryder For This Useful Post:
KOLIO (September 29th, 2013)
Old September 29th, 2013, 05:27 PM   #56 (permalink)

I'm obviously not explaining this properly. Almost everything else: drives, phones, cameras, SD cards in card readers, CF cards in readers, satnavs, thumb drives, other computers, CDs, DVDs mount on the Mac desktop as effectively an external drive which is a lot more convenient for various reasons. This phone doesn't. Even the MicroSD card taken out and put in a card reader doesn't.
Old September 29th, 2013, 05:58 PM   #57 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy_S4......................... Galaxy_Note_3................... Nexus_7_2

Quote:
I'm obviously not explaining this properly. Almost everything else: drives, phones, cameras, SD cards in card readers, CF cards in readers, satnavs, thumb drives, other computers, CDs, DVDs mount on the Mac desktop as effectively an external drive which is a lot more convenient for various reasons. This phone doesn't. Even the MicroSD card taken out and put in a card reader doesn't.
I'm understanding you, nothing wrong with your explanation. I can't help but wonder if you have a defective phone. My S4 is recognized by my MacBook Pro immediately.
Old September 29th, 2013, 06:14 PM   #58 (permalink)

And separately a defective microSD card?
Old September 29th, 2013, 07:21 PM   #59 (permalink)

Quote:
And separately a defective microSD card?
If the socket or it's connections & board are defective the SD card is thereby bypassed.
Old September 30th, 2013, 12:05 AM   #60 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zendroid View Post
If the socket or it's connections & board are defective the SD card is thereby bypassed.
Hmm. Did you miss the bit above about taking the card out, putting it in a microSD card reader and it still not mounting?
zendroid likes this.
sponsored links
Old September 30th, 2013, 12:31 AM   #61 (permalink)

Quote:
Hmm. Did you miss the bit above about taking the card out, putting it in a microSD card reader and it still not mounting?
I must have.
Old September 30th, 2013, 06:24 AM   #62 (permalink)

Device(s): LG G3 (Titanium); Samsung Galaxy S5 (Black)
Carrier: Globe; Smart

Quote:
Please give us your impressions. I've got a week to wait before mine arrives.
I just got mine this morning.

What I like/love:

1. Solid build quality, I'm loving the pleather battery cover.
2. Monstrous battery performance.
3. At 386 ppi, the display is better than S4's 441 ppi.
4. Extremely fast.
5. Great camera.

Disappointments:

1. In areas of weak network reception, it easily drops signal but not a total loss.
2. I have OCD so it frustrates me (though not a deal breaker) that the camera lens is not perfectly placed at the center. It's hardly noticeable unless you have OCD. Haha
3. Home button is not as firm as the one in Note 2. It does not wiggle but I fear it might in the future.

Initial impression after using it for less than 12 hours: AMAZING PHONE!
The Following User Says Thank You to PrinceOfDorne For This Useful Post:
BlueBiker (October 1st, 2013)
Old September 30th, 2013, 09:26 AM   #63 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceOfDorne View Post
I just got mine this morning.

What I like/love:

1. Solid build quality, I'm loving the pleather battery cover.
2. Monstrous battery performance.
3. At 386 ppi, the display is better than S4's 441 ppi.
4. Extremely fast.
5. Great camera.

Disappointments:

1. In areas of weak network reception, it easily drops signal but not a total loss.
2. I have OCD so it frustrates me (though not a deal breaker) that the camera lens is not perfectly placed at the center. It's hardly noticeable unless you have OCD. Haha
3. Home button is not as firm as the one in Note 2. It does not wiggle but I fear it might in the future.

Initial impression after using it for less than 12 hours: AMAZING PHONE!
Thanks for the feedback, sounds great.

Now that you've had a chance to get up close and evaluate this beauty, step back and look at the big picture. You've got one of the finest smartphones there is.

Put away the pros and cons list and just enjoy it...
Old September 30th, 2013, 10:07 AM   #64 (permalink)

Device(s): OnePlus One on 3 - UK
Carrier: Not Provided

Pros and cons help manufacturers with valid feedback from real users.... Not from there own paid testers!
Old September 30th, 2013, 10:08 AM   #65 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy Note 3 Galaxy SIII TMO Galaxy Note 10.1
Carrier: tmo

Quote:
Can't fix the issue you are having, but Airdroid is a great work around. Allow easy access to all your phone files..external sd, internal and everything else without having to plug anything in, you can easily copy files from your mac/pc to your phone and back. https://play.google.com/store/search?q=airdroid

My s3 would not be recognized as an external drive with the cable provided I used an old nokia cable and it worked, but found I liked the wireless option better. As for the sd card my only guess would be in the formatting. Hope you get it going the way you want, nothing is more frustrating that trying to do something the way you are used to and it not working.
Old September 30th, 2013, 10:41 AM   #66 (permalink)

Device(s):

Simon...
Use the dmg file to uninstall Kies and reboot your mac.
Find and install Android file transfer and place it in your applications folder in finder
Attach your phone to your mac and file transfer should boot up straight away

As a hint find keis download but dont install untill you need to do a software update on the phone
Old September 30th, 2013, 12:53 PM   #67 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slatyford View Post
Simon...
Use the dmg file to uninstall Kies and reboot your mac.
Find and install Android file transfer and place it in your applications folder in finder
Attach your phone to your mac and file transfer should boot up straight away

As a hint find keis download but dont install untill you need to do a software update on the phone
Yes. That's how I've been doing it for some days. Android File transfer works as billed and indeed it self boots on the Mac as I plug the phone in. But it's not the same and it's a shame.

For instance, you want to modify some file names on the phone without taking them off (I have wanted to) or you want to move files around in the phone - controlled from the Mac (ditto). You can't do it because it doesn't mount. [Boo]. You have laboriously to copy the files over, do whatever you have to do (if anything) and then copy them back to where you want them in the phone. It's not elegant and it's getting really old fast. It sucks. I blame Apple.
Old September 30th, 2013, 01:44 PM   #68 (permalink)

Today, I tried out one of the functions I expect to use my Note 3 for a fair bit. Some of my cameras have replacement SD cards in them with built-in wifi. [Some newer cameras are coming with wifi out of the box.]

The brand of card I've settled on is EZ-share (there are at least three other brands). And unlike my last phone, there is an EZ-share app for Android .

You have to ensure your phone knows the card's wifi - which we actually did in London in the store where I picked it up last Tuesday. Once done, it always re-acquires it like any other wifi. It's password protected of course.

Boot the EZ-share app and you very quickly get a display of what's on the camera on the phone's screen. [You can also use any web browser.] Download what you want from the camera to the phone, do whatever you want to the images in the phone and then email on.

It's like having a phone picture, only not dreadful. Can you tell I'm not a fan?
Last edited by Simon_Gardner; September 30th, 2013 at 02:03 PM.
Old September 30th, 2013, 01:55 PM   #69 (permalink)

Default iPlayer

If you are British, the iPlayer app [BBC TV catch-up service or live TV] is totally brilliant on the Galaxy Note 3. I have a portable TV in my pocket with a great screen.
Old September 30th, 2013, 02:30 PM   #70 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
I most certainly agree that Motorola has a history of exceptional phone performance, yet Samsung Galaxy series phones are much better than their phones of the past.

I know where your coming from. Before I made the leap from Moto Droid Maxx to Note 2, I had to hear from multiple people about rf signal. Samsung had a horrible reputation for bad signal processing. I can tell you that the Note 2 has been exceptional, and I expect the Note 3 to be the same.
sponsored links
Old September 30th, 2013, 02:33 PM   #71 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
I'm understanding you, nothing wrong with your explanation. I can't help but wonder if you have a defective phone. My S4 is recognized by my MacBook Pro immediately.
My Note 2 and micro card is recognized on my Imac and MacAir .
Old September 30th, 2013, 02:40 PM   #72 (permalink)
AF Addict

Device(s): G Note 3 Sprint (Jet Black), LG G3 Sprint (Gold), MoPhoQ Sprint, Mopho Sprint & G Note 8.0 Wi-fi
Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 2,869 Times in 1,944 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISS DIVA View Post
On my Note 2, I set the touch key light duration to always on so that I can always see my capacitive buttons.
This is exactly what I was trying to say the first time...LOL.
MISS DIVA likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to drexappeal For This Useful Post:
Simon_Gardner (September 30th, 2013)
Old October 1st, 2013, 03:29 PM   #73 (permalink)

Device(s): GNEX - Rooted

Reviews are saying the external speaker sound quality is sub par and the location at the bottom causes issues with your hand covering in landscape. What say you about these two issues to those who have picked this phone up?
Old October 1st, 2013, 03:42 PM   #74 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by timetoroot View Post
Reviews are saying the external speaker sound quality is sub par and the location at the bottom causes issues with your hand covering in landscape. What say you about these two issues to those who have picked this phone up?
While I wait for my Note 3 I'm using an S4. Speaker placement is the same, but I have no problem with it. Quality is better than my iPhone 5S. Some reviewers are biased, & just need to find something to complain about.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zendroid For This Useful Post:
atrain311 (October 1st, 2013), timetoroot (October 1st, 2013)
Old October 1st, 2013, 04:11 PM   #75 (permalink)

Device(s): OnePlus One on 3 - UK

Without wanting to sound like I just want to moan about it, I have the n3 and speaker placement is crap -mentioned this the day I got it.. Why they thought putting it where your finger rests when holding it in landscape is beyond me....
Lack of usability testing....!
For some reason some on here think its wrong to find problems...like the n3 is perfect...! Ive found a few problems but overall liking it.
Still not worth the out of contract sim free price though.
I had the n2 and its an improvement in general.
almath likes this.
Old October 1st, 2013, 04:25 PM   #76 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy Nexus, then G2, then Note 3, then G2, then Nexus 5, then Crapple 5S, now back on Note 3 again
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
I think what Simon is saying is that he can access his phone storage in the Finder panel, but it does not create an accessible icon folder on the DESKTOP like other drives.

Could be wrong, though.
Old October 1st, 2013, 04:31 PM   #77 (permalink)

No you can't even do that. What you can do is move files each way via Android File Transfer. But it's clunky.
Old October 1st, 2013, 04:45 PM   #78 (permalink)

Device(s): Note 2
Carrier: Sprint Sero-P

Quote:
Amazing! I have mine permanently off. You don't need them in the day and at night they're SO bright & really not needed considering you can simply touch right or left of the home key.
Old October 1st, 2013, 05:25 PM   #79 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy S2, Galaxy Note, Galaxy Note 2, LG G PAD
Carrier: T Mobile UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jocelyn84 View Post
Amazing! I have mine permanently off. You don't need them in the day and at night they're SO bright & really not needed considering you can simply touch right or left of the home key.

You have your needs.... I have mine.
Jocelyn84 likes this.
Old October 1st, 2013, 10:36 PM   #80 (permalink)

Device(s): Note 2
Carrier: Sprint Sero-P

Quote:
You have your needs.... I have mine.
Exactly!! I was just surprised to see someone do the opposite, but it makes sense and I totally agree with you
sponsored links
Old October 1st, 2013, 11:45 PM   #81 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Note 3, HP Touchpad. Nothing exceeds like excess.
Carrier: Big Red

Quote:
Mac doesn't allow connection of the phone to access data on the phone via computer? Try toggling usb debugging.
As a Mac and GNex user, I can confirm, no amount of hackery (I went to some lengths about a year ago, but haven't researched since) allows one to directly access the SD from a Mac sans Android File Transfer. AFT is a great little tool, but it is what it is... A file transfer tool, only. I've gotten quite good at doing what needs done on the device via EStrongs File Manager.
Last edited by nathanotis; October 1st, 2013 at 11:51 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to nathanotis For This Useful Post:
drexappeal (October 2nd, 2013)
Old October 2nd, 2013, 12:35 AM   #82 (permalink)
AF Addict

Device(s): G Note 3 Sprint (Jet Black), LG G3 Sprint (Gold), MoPhoQ Sprint, Mopho Sprint & G Note 8.0 Wi-fi

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanotis View Post
As a Mac and GNex user, I can confirm, no amount of hackery (I went to some lengths about a year ago, but haven't researched since) allows one to directly access the SD from a Mac sans Android File Transfer. AFT is a great little tool, but it is what it is... A file transfer tool, only. I've gotten quite good at doing what needs done on the device via EStrongs File Manager.
Thanks. Didn't realize Mac didn't play nice with Android.
Old October 2nd, 2013, 02:10 AM   #83 (permalink)
AF Contributor

Device(s): HTC One (S-Off), HTC Desire (retired)
Carrier: Orange UK

Thanked 5,241 Times in 3,768 Posts

It's since Google dropped USB Mass Storage in favour of MTP, which is a Windows protocol.
drexappeal likes this.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hadron For This Useful Post:
BlueBiker (October 2nd, 2013), drexappeal (October 2nd, 2013), Simon_Gardner (October 4th, 2013)
Old October 2nd, 2013, 02:09 PM   #84 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Quote:
Thanks. Didn't realize Mac didn't play nice with Android.
I use AFT on my Imac at home and MacAir all the time. It takes between a minute to 2 minutes for the AFT screen to be recognized and pop up. It has a click on heading for phone and SDCard. My only complaint is that I have to click and drag file onto the desktop screen to open them. But I use it all the time.

What Mac OS version are you using ?
drexappeal likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to taxiron1 For This Useful Post:
Old October 2nd, 2013, 02:26 PM   #85 (permalink)

Device(s): HTC One (M8), Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Samsung Galaxy S II, Google G1
Carrier: t-mobile

Quote:
Go to your homescreen, tap on the settings button, tap on Device, tap on Display, this will bring you to the button timeout button. Tap on that button then choose Always on. That should solve your problem.
Old October 2nd, 2013, 02:59 PM   #86 (permalink)
AF Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxiron1 View Post
I use AFT on my Imac at home and MacAir all the time. It takes between a minute to 2 minutes for the AFT screen to be recognized and pop up. It has a click on heading for phone and SDCard. My only complaint is that I have to click and drag file onto the desktop screen to open them. But I use it all the time.

What Mac OS version are you using ?
I don't use Mac, which is why I initially responded to Simon in a puzzled manner. For some reason, I thought all Mac users had reported no problems transferring files, back and forth, much like one would be able to do on PC.

But I'm glad that there are Mac users on here that can elaborate more. I was trying to be helpful, but of course my knowledge is lacking when it comes to Mac compatibility.
Old October 2nd, 2013, 03:54 PM   #87 (permalink)

After taking the morning off to receive and setup my Note 3, I just returned to the office. The good news is five others on AT&T also got theirs. It appears the flood gates have opened and orders are being filled rapidly.
Veritas4420 and drexappeal like this.
The Following User Says Thank You to zendroid For This Useful Post:
Old October 2nd, 2013, 04:01 PM   #88 (permalink)

Device(s): AT&T Galaxy Note 3 AT&T Galaxy S4 Nexus 7 (2012)

Remains for me - a Best Buy pre-order customer - to envy you. I was informed I couldn't pick it up until Friday. Period.
Grr Grr - but I do like their various insurance, replacement, etc etc programs so I'll put up with that. May all my problems be this awful :-)

Enjoy your phones, and do get back to us with what you liked best, how you're using it, what your favorite new feature is and so on. We live vicariously through your experiences.
Old October 2nd, 2013, 04:16 PM   #89 (permalink)
AF Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingPigL View Post
Remains for me - a Best Buy pre-order customer - to envy you. I was informed I couldn't pick it up until Friday. Period.
Grr Grr - but I do like their various insurance, replacement, etc etc programs so I'll put up with that. May all my problems be this awful :-)

Enjoy your phones, and do get back to us with what you liked best, how you're using it, what your favorite new feature is and so on. We live vicariously through your experiences.
I've thoroughly enjoyed the Best Buy Mobile/Geek Squad Protection from my past couple years experience with it.

Because of the Geek Squad protection, not only did I get the best value for my Note 2 trade in, but if I hadn't had a backup phone to use until the Note 3 releases on Friday, they were also about to offer me a backup phone to use until my Note 3 was ready for pickup on Friday!

FYI - For anybody buying through Best Buy, there is a new program called "Trade In Plus" that gives you an extra $50 value for that device, should you decide to trade it in to them later down the line. Either you can pay for the "trade in plus" program up front or, if you buy Geek Squad Insurance, Trade in Plus is included. I can verify that this is 100% legit, since I got the extra $50 gift card for my Note 2. For those interested, you can read up on it more here:
Mobile Phones Trade-In Plus - BestBuy
The Following User Says Thank You to drexappeal For This Useful Post:
Mr. Ed (October 3rd, 2013)
Old October 2nd, 2013, 04:30 PM   #90 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingPigL View Post

For some reason I'm unaware of, my personal experience is AT&T often ships early. Last year several of us received our iPhone 5's the day before it's official launch. But then again I'm quite vigilant and order the moment the order site goes live. Yes I'm addicted to smartphones

Beyond a doubt the best feature for me is the spacious display. My work involves spending lots of time on the web even when traveling. Mobile sites just don't cut it so having a great display, terrific zooming and using desktop sites, is sheer nirvana for me.

If I was eager to be picky, I'd really like a 6.0" display. Here's why. The 7.0" Nexus 7.2 I have is too big for a smartphone display. The 5.0" S4 is too small (for me), therefore I've determined my ideal size is 6.0" exactly
Last edited by zendroid; October 2nd, 2013 at 04:32 PM.
sponsored links
Old October 3rd, 2013, 03:47 PM   #91 (permalink)

I'm with you, though I've often said if someone had the hutzpa to put a cellular radio in a 7" tablet, I'd buy it and rock some bluetooth action.

WRT your desire for a 6" screen: HTC One Max, coming to a hand near you, soon.

I just made my appointment to pick up my Note3 @ Sprint tomorrow.
The_Chief likes this.
Old October 3rd, 2013, 04:19 PM   #92 (permalink)

Device(s): Black Samsung Note 3(as of 3 October 2013)
Carrier: ATT

Got mine today too but had to go into the store as my sim card for my note is not the same size as the one used in the Note 3 and the sim card the phone came with was set up for my wifes account - she had done a upgrade on my account last spring and now it was my turn so the Note 3 was delivered on her phone number.

Love how much lighter and thinner the phone feels over the original note. And the speed is stunning. Will be days setting up all apps again and bluetooth connections
Old October 3rd, 2013, 04:52 PM   #93 (permalink)

Quote:

WRT your desire for a 6" screen: HTC One Max, coming to a hand near you, soon.
I came very close to buying a Mega 6.3 but the low res display didn't cut it. Plus the Note 3 was imminent and rumored at 5.7 or 6.0... The display is close enough, and of far better quality. Obviously the phone is their flagship so it's got the best of everything.

Day two and I'm very happy with my Note 3.
Simon_Gardner likes this.
Old October 4th, 2013, 07:20 AM   #94 (permalink)

Device(s): Note 3(coming soon)..Iphone 5S,Moto X(Daily driver) ..Gs4,HTC One(going into retirement)...(Retired)

Still waiting for mine ... It was prepared to ship on the Oct first like everyone else and I have a delivery date of the 4th ... And it still says departed Dallas Texas at 815am on Oct 4th.and has to get to Philly .. If this was fedex or ups I prolly have it by now ...meaning yesterday.... USPS post office not the best shipping option ... The way there going I won't have it till Monday... No worries tho .... The excitement of waiting is great let me tell ya
Old October 6th, 2013, 11:38 AM   #95 (permalink)

Device(s):

Got the Note3 on Fri and so far loving it. Only thing I haven't been able to figure is how to turn the display off when using the phone on a call. My Galaxy S3 did it automatically. Any help would be great.
Old October 6th, 2013, 11:51 AM   #96 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by waklee1 View Post
Got the Note3 on Fri and so far loving it. Only thing I haven't been able to figure is how to turn the display off when using the phone on a call. My Galaxy S3 did it automatically. Any help would be great.
Please let me know how to keep the display ON when making a call...
Old October 6th, 2013, 12:30 PM   #97 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
It is in the call menu, go the Settings-->Device-->Call-->tick the Turn off screen during calls box. Or untick the box to leave the screen on. Fourth option down on my list on Sprint.
Old October 6th, 2013, 12:34 PM   #98 (permalink)

Quote:
Settings/device/call.

I found this by using search in settings. It's invaluable!
Old October 6th, 2013, 12:34 PM   #99 (permalink)

Device(s):

Sweet thanks for the info
Old October 6th, 2013, 12:35 PM   #100 (permalink)
AF Addict

Quote:
Please let me know how to keep the display ON when making a call...
Turn off the proximity sensor
Menu>DeviceTab>Call>Uncheck the "Turn off screen during calls" toggle

For all those that are new to Android, and especially the Note series, I'd highly suggest going through every single setting, just to get familiar with what is available with the stock device. It's worth the bit of time it'll take to do that, but after you do, you can really start to enjoying the device to its fullest.

This includes all stock apps phone/text/emails/gmail/etc... It'll eliminate the device from doing something you really don't want it to do. If you're unfamiliar of how to typically get to the settings menu for each app, press the menu button once you've opened an app and the pop-up menu will normally have a settings selection.

This is somewhat of a ritual that I perform for every device I've purchased since my first smartphone and it has saved me so much time trying to get answers about little settings that are there and devote more time to customizing and enjoying the device in the long run. I've only had my Note 3 since yesterday afternoon and as soon as I got home from a days worth of errands, I sat down and went through everything.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

Samsung is coming back with its legendary phablet. The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 comes packed with the best of specs, featuring a 5.7-inch display, a Snapdragon 800 procesor, a 3200 mAh battery and all the specs you can expect from a top-end device.&nb... Read More

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 3