Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

Like Tree30Likes

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old October 19th, 2013, 05:14 PM   #101 (permalink)
AF Contributor
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Galaxy Note 3 - Stock ::::: iPhone 5 - Jailbroken :::::HTC One - Stock ::::: Samsung S2 - Rooted
Carrier: Vodafone / Three

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYU_QPR View Post
Solved and posted on my site.

More...
For those that just want to see what was posted on his site, I copied and pasted it below for your ease.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYU_QPR on some other site
Many of us around the world having issues with the phone being region locked. I'm please to say that it's now been solved and didn't cost a penny.

I purchased my phone from "Phones4u" on the Vodafone contract.

I telephoned Vodafone who advised me to call "Phones4u" as my phone was purchased from them, they will then call 'Vodafone' on my behalf. I did that and they took my IMEI number and unlocked the phone. They said it will take around 7 to 10 working days for this to take affect, I will receive an email.

The phone is not hacked and still under guarantee, and didn't cost any money to remove the lock.

I should now be able to use my phone in any country in the world.

To get your EMIE number type: *#06#

All the best people.
Solved for you maybe but not for my mate. His carrier said that the phone is already unlocked and he needs to go to a Samsung Service Centre to get the region lock removed. Yes, the CSR he spoke to might have been talking bull, but that's what they said and they wouldn't back down. He's spoken to the store he bought it from too and they said the same thing...

I've given up on the Note 3 entirely now. I'm going to buy a different phone. I just can't be arsed waiting for this 'will-it-work-won't-it-work' bull to be finally ironed out. Time to look at the HTC One Max, I think.

I'm currently out in LA working and my roaming charges would have been extortionate had I used my Vodafone UK sim (1.70/min to make calls 1.00/min to receive calls, plus 5 a day for 25meg of data plus 3 per meg over that). Foxtrot Oscar!

My current AT&T sim cost me a few measly cents in comparison.

sponsored links
Old October 20th, 2013, 10:38 AM   #102 (permalink)

Device(s):
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scootmien View Post
For those that just want to see what was posted on his site, I copied and pasted it below for your ease.

Solved for you maybe but not for my mate. His carrier said that the phone is already unlocked and he needs to go to a Samsung Service Centre to get the region lock removed. Yes, the CSR he spoke to might have been talking bull, but that's what they said and they wouldn't back down. He's spoken to the store he bought it from too and they said the same thing...

I've given up on the Note 3 entirely now. I'm going to buy a different phone. I just can't be arsed waiting for this 'will-it-work-won't-it-work' bull to be finally ironed out. Time to look at the HTC One Max, I think.

I'm currently out in LA working and my roaming charges would have been extortionate had I used my Vodafone UK sim (1.70/min to make calls 1.00/min to receive calls, plus 5 a day for 25meg of data plus 3 per meg over that). Foxtrot Oscar!

My current AT&T sim cost me a few measly cents in comparison.
I have been reading this thread with interest. I am still unsure on what the issue is to be honest. I was under the impression that once the phone is initiated through it first setup screen using the local native sim card - in my case T Mobile USA on a T mobile US simcard then I can once unlocked put a UK sim card in mine with no worries, are you saying this is not the case?

I will be going back to the UK shortly and will try putting a local sim card in mine as I expect it to work. Mine has already been carrier unlocked and I am using the N900T on ATT network currently.

Thanks,

EDIT: Re-read especially page 2 of this thread. In essence your mate did what I did and he still could not use a foreign sim card in his phone. So basically this will happen to me too when I go to UK? My 900T did not have the region sticker on the box and is also unlocked, but all this can be moot meaning I will have to wait and try when I travel overseas.
Last edited by Limeybstd; October 20th, 2013 at 10:45 AM.
Old October 20th, 2013, 11:41 AM   #103 (permalink)

Device(s): Note 3, Huawei E586 MiFi
Carrier: Vodafone/Three/O2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limeybstd View Post
I have been reading this thread with interest. I am still unsure on what the issue is to be honest. I was under the impression that once the phone is initiated through it first setup screen using the local native sim card - in my case T Mobile USA on a T mobile US simcard then I can once unlocked put a UK sim card in mine with no worries, are you saying this is not the case?
Right.

Big fat lie so far.
Old October 22nd, 2013, 07:29 AM   #104 (permalink)

Device(s): Note 3, Huawei E586 MiFi
Carrier: Vodafone/Three/O2

So I'm in London and I've just come out of Samsung ground zero.

The deal is - I have just been told - tech "James" of Samsung has taken my IMIE and serial numbers and my phone bought here will be region unlocked. IT WILL VOID MY GUARANTEE.

For some people, they claim, the phones spontaneously unlock after a period of legit use! I'm not sure I believe this.

I said "go ahead". Make my day. If you claim it will void my guarantee, SWMBO is a lawyer.

I expect an email from Samsung to region unlock the phone. I'm getting so cynical about this...

In other news, no pink Note 3s likely, nor 64Gb Note 3s either.
Old October 22nd, 2013, 05:20 PM   #105 (permalink)

Device(s):
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon_Gardner View Post
So I'm in London and I've just come out of Samsung ground zero.

The deal is - I have just been told - tech "James" of Samsung has taken my IMIE and serial numbers and my phone bought here will be region unlocked. IT WILL VOID MY GUARANTEE.

For some people, they claim, the phones spontaneously unlock after a period of legit use! I'm not sure I believe this.

I said "go ahead". Make my day. If you claim it will void my guarantee, SWMBO is a lawyer.

I expect an email from Samsung to region unlock the phone. I'm getting so cynical about this...

In other news, no pink Note 3s likely, nor 64Gb Note 3s either.

LOL that is funny. My research concluded that mine is not region locked N900T, we shall see shortly. Any tips on what SIM to get when out there? Band 7 2600 is not activated yet in the UK I dont think so wont get LTE.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

Samsung is coming back with its legendary phablet. The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 comes packed with the best of specs, featuring a 5.7-inch display, a Snapdragon 800 procesor, a 3200 mAh battery and all the specs you can expect from a top-end device.&nb... Read More

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 3