Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Like Tree27Likes

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old October 11th, 2013, 05:05 AM   #51 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy Note II SIM Free. GT-N7100. OS 4.1.2 JB
Carrier: UK '3' Network

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Chief View Post
Here's my #1 problem:

I was able to connect the Note 3 to my win7 laptop exactly ONCE. After that, nothing: the laptop will not recognize it. I installed drivers and downloaded Kies 3. Rebooted both. No difference. You guys are my last resort before heading to the Verizon store.
There may be a few hints of help to you at

PC will NOT recognize my GN2

stauren1203 sorted his problem from within Windows, as outlined at Post #23
dustwun77 likes this.

Advertisements
The Following User Says Thank You to PiscesCloud For This Useful Post:
ScandaLeX (October 15th, 2013)
sponsored links
Old October 11th, 2013, 05:46 AM   #52 (permalink)
Accept no imitations!

Device(s): Note 3 (rooted & ROMmed), Galaxy Nexus (retired), OG Droid (retired)
Carrier: Verizon

Thanked 7,113 Times in 3,379 Posts

SUCCESS!

I have no idea how it happened other than (what we in the Navy technician world call) PFM, but I downloaded and installed Kies AGAIN, rebooted AGAIN and the phone recognized the PC and vice versa!

All 6 Star Wars Blu-rays were successfully moved to the Note 3 and OMG they're gorgeous on this massive screen. Pictures moved, everything in place.

One happy Chief on a happy Friday!
dustwun77 and armirol like this.

If I have helped you at all, please click the "Thanks" button
Forum Rules & Guidelines
Old October 11th, 2013, 09:41 AM   #53 (permalink)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default Echo

I have seen this on many phones but never had a problem of it for myself. So maybe someone can help me:

Callers are saying they hear themselves echoing when they speak to me. If I turn on "Clear Sound" it muffles it but they still hear it. Does anyone know how to fix this?

My carrier is Verizon and others that I know with the phone have the same issue. It is important to note, the people I personally tested it with, have an S4.

**It is important to note that I do not have a case on the phone. My mics are all clear of dust or anything else. And this is not a slight echo. It is a LOUD AND CLEAR echo. But my voice is fine and I do not hear an echo.
Last edited by nerdstaz; October 11th, 2013 at 09:42 AM. Reason: more info
Old October 11th, 2013, 09:45 AM   #54 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy Note 3 (black)
Carrier: TMobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdstaz View Post
I have seen this on many phones but never had a problem of it for myself. So maybe someone can help me:

Callers are saying they hear themselves echoing when they speak to me. If I turn on "Clear Sound" it muffles it but they still hear it. Does anyone know how to fix this?

My carrier is Verizon and others that I know with the phone have the same issue. It is important to note, the people I personally tested it with, have an S4.

My wife has a Verizon iPhone and I have that problem too: I talk and then about a half second later I can hear myself talking. Both my TMobile and Sprint phones do this. But I've also had that problem with talking to my mom on her landline, and when ordering pizza. I don't think it's a carrier thing; I think phones don't properly isolate the speaker from the mic.
Old October 11th, 2013, 09:47 AM   #55 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_z View Post
My wife has a Verizon iPhone and I have that problem too: I talk and then about a half second later I can hear myself talking. Both my TMobile and Sprint phones do this. But I've also had that problem with talking to my mom on her landline, and when ordering pizza. I don't think it's a carrier thing; I think phones don't properly isolate the speaker from the mic.
My problem is the opposite. I haven't experience that problem, but adjusting the noise settings fixed that problem on the s4. If you press the round button on your screen in a call, you can see the different settings. Adaptive is a good one.

My problem is actually that the OTHER person hears an echo, only when talking to me. I hear no echo at all.
Old October 11th, 2013, 01:11 PM   #56 (permalink)

Device(s): Nook HD+ Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Carrier: T-Mobile

My Note 3 complaints.
1 - Auto brightness always way too dark to read. Forced to set manually, but am playing with alternative auto brightness control apps.
2 - Lock screen gadgets and tools only available if you do not secure the screen. I always secure my phone and have used other phones and apps that simply have you enter the password before they actually do what you have requested on the available widget.
3 - Only the original Samsung charger will charge the phone. Others indicate they are charging but they don't. Had to run battery monitor widget to diagnose this one. Cable does not seem to matter - charger (even other Samsung charger) does matter.

Confirmed all of these issues with Samsung. Mine is from T-Mobile
armirol likes this.
Old October 11th, 2013, 01:13 PM   #57 (permalink)

Device(s): Nook HD+ Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Unhappy My Problems with my new Note 3

My Note 3 complaints.
1 - Auto brightness always way too dark to read. Forced to set manually, but am playing with alternative auto brightness control apps.
2 - Lock screen gadgets and tools only available if you do not secure the screen. I always secure my phone and have used other phones and apps that simply have you enter the password before they actually do what you have requested on the available widget.
3 - Only the original Samsung charger will charge the phone. Others indicate they are charging but they don't. Had to run battery monitor widget to diagnose this one. Cable does not seem to matter - charger (even other Samsung charger) does matter.

The Following User Says Thank You to w.j.cole For This Useful Post:
Simon_Gardner (October 11th, 2013)
Old October 11th, 2013, 01:36 PM   #58 (permalink)

Device(s): Note 3, Huawei E586 MiFi
Carrier: Vodafone/Three/O2

Quote:
Originally Posted by w.j.cole View Post

Confirmed all of these issues with Samsung.
Interesting.
Old October 15th, 2013, 12:51 AM   #59 (permalink)

Device(s): ASUS TF-101, Samsung Galaxy Note 2 & 3.
Carrier: Sprint

Follow up.
I called Sprint and they admit there is an issue with reception and talk quality....

My WiFi issues are getting worse. I sat my Note 2 next to my 3 and found that my 3 really sucked. Sprint says I need to have them check out the antenna....

Lateck,
Old October 15th, 2013, 07:31 AM   #60 (permalink)

Device(s): Thunderbolt

I think the Ink Effect is turned off if you use a live Wallpaper.
sponsored links
Old October 15th, 2013, 09:49 AM   #61 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 GT-P3113, Sony Google TV, Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Nextbook 7.

Quote:

Have Verizon version, black, wanted to test this theory so I used a generic $5.00 charger from Big Lots (low-end retailer in the US) for "Samsung Phones".

From a full charge, turned brightness to max, added a live wallpaper and left the screen on. Then I ran it down to 98%, plugged in el-cheapo charger, left the screen on. 5 - 10 minutes later, voila, back to 100%. Didn't wait for the green light. Put it back in my Note 2 dock, which will turn the LED green when the battery is full, and indeed, it is full.
Last edited by jwither; October 15th, 2013 at 09:52 AM.
Old October 15th, 2013, 09:52 AM   #62 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon_Gardner View Post
Interesting.
Indeed. My N3 charger is still in the phone box, been using my Razr Maxx wall charger just fine.
rally123321 likes this.
Old October 15th, 2013, 10:06 AM   #63 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung GN3
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by taghag View Post
Indeed. My N3 charger is still in the phone box, been using my Razr Maxx wall charger just fine.
Ditto. I've been using three different (2A) chargers without issues.
The Following User Says Thank You to dafuse For This Useful Post:
taghag (October 15th, 2013)
Old October 15th, 2013, 10:30 AM   #64 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy Nexus, then G2, then Note 3, then G2, then Nexus 5, then Crapple 5S, now back on Note 3 again

Hey guys, I’m at work and don’t have time to read the whole thread, but I do have some problems with the home button.

At first I thought I was seeing things, but it does get crooked from time to time and is loose. I have the black one, shipped to me.

Does anyone know if I can exchange it at the store? Or do I have to do it via mail since it was an online order that was shipped? I asked two CSR’s and they both told me I can go to the store, but I never trust anything they say.
Old October 15th, 2013, 11:11 AM   #65 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanSolo View Post
Hey guys, Iím at work and donít have time to read the whole thread, but I do have some problems with the home button.

At first I thought I was seeing things, but it does get crooked from time to time and is loose. I have the black one, shipped to me.

Does anyone know if I can exchange it at the store? Or do I have to do it via mail since it was an online order that was shipped? I asked two CSRís and they both told me I can go to the store, but I never trust anything they say.
I purchased off the Verizon website and had issues with the camera. Walked right in and replaced it in-store no problems.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hazerade For This Useful Post:
HanSolo (October 15th, 2013)
Old October 15th, 2013, 11:16 AM   #66 (permalink)

Device(s):

Is anybody else having issues with the screen reawakening after moving phone away from ear during a phone call. I have had 3 different occasions where the phone remains black after I move the phone down to see the screen during a call. Not only does it remain black, but there is NO way to turn the screen back on while the caller is still on. Its almost as if the phone does not recognize it is away from the ear. Can anybody help me with this issue, it is very frustrating. Is this my isolated issue, should I take back to store?
Old October 15th, 2013, 11:51 AM   #67 (permalink)
Wasn't Me

Device(s): NOTE II
Carrier: The NOW Network

Quote:
Here's my #1 problem:

I was able to connect the Note 3 to my win7 laptop exactly ONCE. After that, nothing: the laptop will not recognize it. I installed drivers and downloaded Kies 3. Rebooted both. No difference. You guys are my last resort before heading to the Verizon store.
Quote:
SUCCESS!

I have no idea how it happened other than (what we in the Navy technician world call) PFM, but I downloaded and installed Kies AGAIN, rebooted AGAIN and the phone recognized the PC and vice versa!

All 6 Star Wars Blu-rays were successfully moved to the Note 3 and OMG they're gorgeous on this massive screen. Pictures moved, everything in place.

One happy Chief on a happy Friday!
Wish I had seen this sooner. Would've suggested AirDroid since Kies can be a crap shoot- even AFTER getting it to work.
The Following User Says Thank You to ScandaLeX For This Useful Post:
baki99 (October 15th, 2013)
Old October 15th, 2013, 12:17 PM   #68 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 GT-P3113, Sony Google TV, Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Nextbook 7.

If anyone is downloading Kies from Samsung.com, note that there is a new version specifically for the Note 3:

For Windows: SAMSUNG KIES

It's a beta version, but it's what I used (and installed before I connected my N3 the first time), and haven't had any issues.

I do get prompted to install some Verizon utility that's supposed to "help connectivity", but I'm cancelling that every time I connect it to a Windows PC. I have more VZW software on the phone than i need/want, definitely don't want any VZW software on my PC.

Has anyone installed that software from Verizon? What is it?
Last edited by jwither; October 15th, 2013 at 02:09 PM.
Old October 15th, 2013, 12:49 PM   #69 (permalink)
Endeavor to Persevere :)

Device(s): Note 3, Evo 4G LTE, Evo 4G retired.

Thanked 2,839 Times in 1,785 Posts
dustwun77@gmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScandaLeX View Post
Wish I had seen this sooner. Would've suggested AirDroid since Kies can be a crap shoot- even AFTER getting it to work.
+1 for Airdroid.
Old October 15th, 2013, 04:06 PM   #70 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (current phone) Motorola RAZR HD MAXX (last phone, backup)

Problems with my Note 3:

I am getting the dreaded voice call quality issue that is rampant with Sprint owners - but I'm on Verizon.

My WiFi drops a lot but I only know this because I always see a fresh 'Established connection with WiFi' notice in my status bar. I have not seen any interruption when using.

If I'm texting a lot and typing a text and another text comes in, It freezes for 10 or 15 seconds, then I get a Verizon Navigator has stopped report box and once I get rid of that the new text comes in and I can continue with the text I was writing.

Home button does move around a lot (White model).

The latter three are minor annoyances. The first one is game over. The phone goes back. I might try a replacement but if that one does the same thing then I'm going back to my old phone until the issue is resolved which will suck because I REALLY like this phone!
sponsored links
Old October 15th, 2013, 04:22 PM   #71 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy Nexus, then G2, then Note 3, then G2, then Nexus 5, then Crapple 5S, now back on Note 3 again

After experimenting with the home button movement on the black, I just went to Verizon and exchanged for the white. No home button movement now, and the white looks excellent. Problem solved.
Old October 15th, 2013, 04:29 PM   #72 (permalink)

Device(s): OG Droid, Droid Razr Maxx, Note 3

I've got another problem that may have me sending the phone back. Sound volume problems. Listening to Google Music and I wanted to listen to the same song again so I hit the back arrow and the sound dropped significantly! So much I had to turn the volume up again. I fiddled with it trying to get it to go up on it's own, no go. After that song was finished the next one came on and was blaring loud! Something is not right with the volume on this thing. I think it may be related somehow to the volume limiter that keeps you from raising the volume too high. I use it in my car, though, and need it up to keep any car engine noise from coming through. Anyone else having this issue? Check it out please because I need to know if this is system wide or just my phone quick so I can either replace the phone or get a different one.
Old October 15th, 2013, 05:29 PM   #73 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (current phone) Motorola RAZR HD MAXX (last phone, backup)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanSolo View Post
After experimenting with the home button movement on the black, I just went to Verizon and exchanged for the white. No home button movement now, and the white looks excellent. Problem solved.
This is good to know. Although I have the white one anyway and the button moves, but it's good to know that some do and some don't. So if I take this one back tomorrow for the voice issue I'll check the new one they try to give me to make sure the button does not move!!!
Old October 15th, 2013, 07:52 PM   #74 (permalink)
Accept no imitations!

Device(s): Note 3 (rooted & ROMmed), Galaxy Nexus (retired), OG Droid (retired)

Thanked 7,113 Times in 3,379 Posts

Does ANYONE here know how to change that infuriating "drip" sound that the dial pad uses?

Just give me dial tones, doggone it! I do not want this stupid dripping sound every time I call somebody. Makes me want to call a plumber. Other than rooting and changing the .ogg file for the dialer, has anyone here found a way to change it?
Old October 16th, 2013, 12:13 AM   #75 (permalink)

Quote:
Does ANYONE here know how to change that infuriating "drip" sound that the dial pad uses?

Just give me dial tones, doggone it! I do not want this stupid dripping sound every time I call somebody. Makes me want to call a plumber. Other than rooting and changing the .ogg file for the dialer, has anyone here found a way to change it?
Use another dialer app? I'm not brave enough to do it.
Old October 16th, 2013, 10:34 AM   #76 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy note 3
Carrier: verizon

I have had great reception on mine better then the N2. It took a few times to get the air gesture down so far so good 'but' I'm not sure about the define sides I like the smoothness of the note 2
Old October 18th, 2013, 06:49 PM   #77 (permalink)

My issues/problems are:

That there is 3 second wake lag when waking the phone. So annoying
Some times google play services/ samsung watch on force close by them self
Seems like my s pen is harder to get out now then when i just got it.
Old October 19th, 2013, 10:25 AM   #78 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): OnePlus One on 3 - UK

Well after having the same problem with the home button not working on occasions, the camera being poor quality, lag in the gallery, and a wonky home button, I exchanged the phone today for another and its 100% good. Lag gone, other problems gone. Maybe just an early release causing the problems.
dontpanicbobby likes this.
Old October 20th, 2013, 11:50 AM   #79 (permalink)

Device(s):

Anyone else having problems with audio settings on the stock music player after fitting the S view cover?

Changes to the equalizer don't stick and three settings (3D, Bass, Clarity) are inactive, but volume is ok though. Not entirely sure it's the S cover that's responsible as I received an update on Friday and it's a while since I fiddled with these settings.

Tried restarting the device and playing with other settings but nothing seems to help. The equalizer on Google Play works fine.

Bug??
Old October 20th, 2013, 01:31 PM   #80 (permalink)

Device(s): HTC One (M8), Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Samsung Galaxy S II, Google G1
Carrier: t-mobile

Welcome to the forums Corrigap. My Samsung Music player stopped working all together. Not s-view related at all it just stopped working.
The Following User Says Thank You to dontpanicbobby For This Useful Post:
Corrigap (October 20th, 2013)
sponsored links
Old October 26th, 2013, 01:05 AM   #81 (permalink)

Carrier: MetroPCS

Send a message via Yahoo to armirol Send a message via Skype™ to armirol

Quote:
My Note 3 complaints.
I concur, auto brightness works well during the day but sucks when it's darker, the screen is too dark. I have to put it manually

Quote:
Where are all the options of the Note 2???? no facial unlock, etc... wth!

Quote:
You need enough power to charge it, i have 2 amps chargers and they all work well, car charger included, not sure a 500mA is enough...

Other comments:
- no problem of poor signal, calls are great even with only one tiny bar (metropcs)
- no issue with wifi (always on) but i'm having some issues since i got it with my samsung smartTV not connecting to wifi.... is it related? i couldn't diagnose the problem yet
- no loose home key on my black t-mobile version, but it sems too sensitive when i put it in my jeans rear pocket!

My other complaints:
- New Yahoo mail SUCKS!!!!! i cannot do a freaking thing with new one (ok not related to Note 3, but this sucks, i have a pro use of it and now i cannot do anything with it!!)
- Cannot use Google+ to share pics/folders to an email like i can on a PC
- Multi window little round gadget far too bright, why can't we set the transparency? this is really annoying on darker backgrounds/apps
- multi window cannot open twice same app, why? i would love to be able to open twice the message app and copy/paste what i need
- Antutu speed tests gives memory of Note 3 30% slower than Note 2! really Samsung???? (ok, else 60% faster overall)
- S-pen recognition ...doesn't recognize anything or barely! too much work to type everything again...
- Camera wide angle of Note 3 less wide than Note 2!!! another under-improvement
- Camera flash takes forever to activate! 2-3s even more.... nonsense!
- Touchwiz UI not that great
- Accelerometer/gyro/compass calibration... i got some weird issues using maps, Note 3 was showing i was doing 360 degrees while driving, (i was driving straight, i promise!) then after shacking it in all possible directions and as strong as i could to try to recalibrate, it was pointing to my left.... that happened twice today.... hardware or calibration issue?

Other thoughts:
That thing is just amazing!!! i think most issues are just bad softwares related, they should improve
dontpanicbobby likes this.
Last edited by armirol; October 26th, 2013 at 02:03 AM.
Old October 26th, 2013, 05:43 AM   #82 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy Note 3
Carrier: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methos1979 View Post
This is good to know. Although I have the white one anyway and the button moves, but it's good to know that some do and some don't. So if I take this one back tomorrow for the voice issue I'll check the new one they try to give me to make sure the button does not move!!!
I have a small amount of movement on my home button (white phone), i guess with anything that is going to get used a lot there will be some play in movement. I have installed an app called Floater Toucher, this puts a virtual home button on the screen........ no more need to use the physical home button
dustwun77 likes this.
Old October 26th, 2013, 06:38 AM   #83 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by MungoGN3 View Post
I have a small amount of movement on my home button (white phone), i guess with anything that is going to get used a lot there will be some play in movement. I have installed an app called Floater Toucher, this puts a virtual home button on the screen........ no more need to use the physical home button
One of my favorite apps! At the moment my button is the caption America shield.
Old October 27th, 2013, 09:14 AM   #84 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontpanicbobby View Post
Google's Play Music is visible in Active programs on the Task manager sometimes even though I didn't start it. The same thing used to happen on my Galaxy S2 until a maintenance update was released resolving the issue.
I don't use Google Music so I disabled it.
Old October 27th, 2013, 09:18 AM   #85 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
My Note 3 complaints.

I use the charger from my Galaxy Nexus with no problems. Charges to 100%.
Old October 27th, 2013, 09:27 AM   #86 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptown434 View Post
Is anybody else having issues with the screen reawakening after moving phone away from ear during a phone call. I have had 3 different occasions where the phone remains black after I move the phone down to see the screen during a call. Not only does it remain black, but there is NO way to turn the screen back on while the caller is still on. Its almost as if the phone does not recognize it is away from the ear. Can anybody help me with this issue, it is very frustrating. Is this my isolated issue, should I take back to store?
Sounds like your setting. I can't remember what it is though.
Old October 30th, 2013, 06:38 PM   #87 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methos1979 View Post
Problems with my Note 3:

I am getting the dreaded voice call quality issue that is rampant with Sprint owners - but I'm on Verizon.

My WiFi drops a lot but I only know this because I always see a fresh 'Established connection with WiFi' notice in my status bar. I have not seen any interruption when using.

If I'm texting a lot and typing a text and another text comes in, It freezes for 10 or 15 seconds, then I get a Verizon Navigator has stopped report box and once I get rid of that the new text comes in and I can continue with the text I was writing.

Home button does move around a lot (White model).

The latter three are minor annoyances. The first one is game over. The phone goes back. I might try a replacement but if that one does the same thing then I'm going back to my old phone until the issue is resolved which will suck because I REALLY like this phone!
I'm very surprised their aren't more vzw users complaining about the call quality morphing issue. It is debilitating. I went to store and demonstrated it to the sales manager on the floor model. He extended my return Window to 30 Days so I can wait out a hotfix.

I have no gone button issues.

Other minor annoyances include s pen air menu deploying almost every time I pull the pen out and occasionally my swipe keyboard function will stop auto spacing Between words.

Biggest complaint is vzw customer serviceand no formal acknowledgement of callquality issue.
Old October 30th, 2013, 08:47 PM   #88 (permalink)
Endeavor to Persevere :)

Device(s): Note 3, Evo 4G LTE, Evo 4G retired.

Thanked 2,839 Times in 1,785 Posts
dustwun77@gmail.com

That, " s pen air menu deploying" thing is a feature, believe it or not.

The behavior can be modified in Settings/Controls/S Pen/Pen detachment options.

I have mine set to None.
The Following User Says Thank You to dustwun77 For This Useful Post:
dontpanicbobby (October 30th, 2013)
Old November 17th, 2013, 05:38 AM   #89 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonerp View Post
The home buttom has packed up a couple of times requiring a restart - wouldn't respond at all in different apps..one being aquamail and another Handcent.

Not sure whether it is software or hardware related. Will update further if it continues...
I'm having this issue on my new n3 which replaced the previous one.
Has anyone come across this? Home button stops working but also just had a call but answer button didn't appear at all. Had to do a soft restart.
Old November 17th, 2013, 10:41 AM   #90 (permalink)

Device(s):

Does anyone know how to fix the message that appears when you want to close all applications it asks the question if you are sure you want to close all applications. It's rather annoying any possible ideas on how to get it so it doesn't ask that question?
sponsored links
Old November 17th, 2013, 09:00 PM   #91 (permalink)

Device(s): Ascend Mate2 / Find 7 / OPO / LG G3 / Nexus 5 & 7 / Note 3 / HTC M8
Carrier: AT&T and T-Mobile

About once a week I get this message:

My Note 3 runs flawlessly

While it's true, the message shows up relentlessly.

Nothing annoys me like a message I cannot seem to get rid of. I've even reached out to Samsung and they just don't seem to care, it's as though they like it. Oh sure I'm enjoying the phone... but I've never had a problem like this.

At least if the battery life were shorter the message would die off sooner, but no such luck cause this stupid battery just keeps going and going. I sure wasn't prepared for this.
Old November 17th, 2013, 10:28 PM   #92 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipred View Post
About once a week I get this message:

While it's true, the message shows up relentlessly.

Nothing annoys me like a message I cannot seem to get rid of. I've even reached out to Samsung and they just don't seem to care, it's as though they like it. Oh sure I'm enjoying the phone... but I've never had a problem like this.

At least if the battery life were shorter the message would die off sooner, but no such luck cause this stupid battery just keeps going and going. I sure wasn't prepared for this.
I wish I could offer some assistance, but my Note 3 runs flawlessly.

Wouldn't you prefer a nice game of chess?
mikedt likes this.
Old November 18th, 2013, 03:53 AM   #93 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Any chance we could stick to the issue rather than lose it in pointless comments?
The Following User Says Thank You to bonerp For This Useful Post:
mikedt (November 18th, 2013)
Old November 18th, 2013, 04:05 AM   #94 (permalink)
你好

Device(s): Oppo Find 7a, Samsung Galaxy Win Duos(spare), Lenovo P700i(retired), KIRF Galaxy Note(deceased)
Carrier: China Mobile

Thanked 2,867 Times in 2,073 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to mikedt

Quote:
Originally Posted by rally123321 View Post
I don't use Google Music so I disabled it.
Is this on US versions of the N3, basically where this service is available. None of the N3s I've seen have Google Music.
There are nine million bicycles in Beijing.
There are nine million Androids in Shenzhen.
Old November 18th, 2013, 04:23 AM   #95 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bencurt24 View Post
Does anyone know how to fix the message that appears when you want to close all applications it asks the question if you are sure you want to close all applications. It's rather annoying any possible ideas on how to get it so it doesn't ask that question?
What program are you using that gives you that message? I don't get that message when I use the built in task manager.
Old November 19th, 2013, 12:41 PM   #96 (permalink)

Device(s):

When i use the widget called "active apps" it says at the top right hand side it says "end all" and if i click that it will prompt another messages saying are you sure you want to end all apps it may resort to a data loss.

If i hold down the home button and exit that way it doesn't ask for that message. Is that the way you do it?
Old November 19th, 2013, 03:53 PM   #97 (permalink)

Yup. I only use the active apps widget as a visual indicator of how many things are running. I don't close apps from there.
Old November 19th, 2013, 04:43 PM   #98 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy Note 2 Amber Brown, Galaxy Note 3 Jet Black Galaxy Camera 2
Carrier: EE, Unlocked, sim free, European

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdstaz View Post

**It is important to note that I do not have a case on the phone. My mics are all clear of dust or anything else. And this is not a slight echo. It is a LOUD AND CLEAR echo. But my voice is fine and I do not hear an echo.
I know its a bit late answering but I had this problem with my Galaxy S2 and alot people said it was a speaker issue (hardware) but after a software update it was fine, maybe your carrier needs to get its software/bloatware sorted and supply another update.
Old November 19th, 2013, 10:12 PM   #99 (permalink)

Device(s):

Switched to the N3 from an iPhone 4. Love it! I can do more on this phone than on an iphone. But there are a few things that's been bugging me.

1) Sometimes I get a message the the phone is unable to update bookmarks when I try to save a bookmark. I have to wait for a a min or 2 to try it again.

2) My headphone controllers don't fully work. I'm able to skip forward, stop/pause, and play it again. Other than that, everything else doesn't work. Also if I get a call while listening to a song, the left ear on my headset stops working after I hang up from the call. I have to unplug the headphone for both sides to work. I went out and tested other headsets made by other manufacturers and got the same thing.

3) the phone intermittently stops working. The last update kinda helped with this but not fully.
Old November 19th, 2013, 10:17 PM   #100 (permalink)

Device(s):

I haven't had this issue yet nor have seen it. But have you checked for updates or doing a factory reset?

Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

Samsung is coming back with its legendary phablet. The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 comes packed with the best of specs, featuring a 5.7-inch display, a Snapdragon 800 procesor, a 3200 mAh battery and all the specs you can expect from a top-end device.&nb... Read More

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 3