Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Like Tree134Likes

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old September 29th, 2013, 06:36 PM  
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 60
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Default Note 3 cases?

Has anyone seen any note 3 cases for sale yet?

They arent on any of the major websites yet (ballastic, trident, otterbox etc)

I got my phone preordered from Verizion (so itll be of the last to ship) but was hoping to get a solid case/screen in advanced

Also anyone have any recommendations about my best bet for the most heavy duty protection possible ?

Could care less about my phone being tremendously bulky

Advertisements
dcm1602 is offline  
sponsored links
Old September 29th, 2013, 06:42 PM  
Senior Member
 
Simon_Gardner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Twitter @Simon_Gardner
Posts: 853
 
Device(s): Note 3, Huawei E586 MiFi
Carrier: Vodafone/Three/O2

Thanks: 76
Thanked 182 Times in 127 Posts
Default

I have an email from Otterbox saying it will be a month or so.
__________________
Yes I know you can do it with Android File Transfer. First remove Kies altogether.
Simon_Gardner is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Simon_Gardner For This Useful Post:
ivy7182003 (November 10th, 2013)
Old September 29th, 2013, 06:46 PM  
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 60
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Dang, i was hoping with the phone releasing internationally earlier than the US, plus Verizion being the last to get it, that some of the solid cases would be available prior to Verizion even launching it

Then again I was leading more towards a Trident/ballastic case than Otterbox so I guess theres still hope
dcm1602 is offline  
Old September 29th, 2013, 06:49 PM  
Accept no imitations!
 
The_Chief's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Manchester, TN
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,286
 
Device(s): Note 3 (rooted & ROMmed), Galaxy Nexus (retired), OG Droid (retired)
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 2,602
Thanked 7,108 Times in 3,377 Posts
Default

Hi DCM and welcome to Android Forums!
Rixx247 likes this.
__________________



If I have helped you at all, please click the "Thanks" button
Forum Rules & Guidelines
The_Chief is online now  
Old September 29th, 2013, 07:08 PM  
U Just Luv My OPPOstyle
 
KOLIO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,526
 
Device(s): 1+1 | OPPO FIND 7 | OPPO N1 | SAMSUNG GEAR 2/FIT | CHROMECAST
Carrier: T-MOBILE

Thanks: 4,644
Thanked 1,944 Times in 1,428 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcm1602 View Post
Has anyone seen any note 3 cases for sale yet?

They arent on any of the major websites yet (ballastic, trident, otterbox etc)

I got my phone preordered from Verizion (so itll be of the last to ship) but was hoping to get a solid case/screen in advanced

Also anyone have any recommendations about my best bet for the most heavy duty protection possible ?

Could care less about my phone being tremendously bulky
Try AMAZON & e-BAY,I've already received a TPU Case,got the SAMSUNG S-VIEW Flip Case on the way.

Perhaps the case you're looking for isn't available yet,but,it's hard to go wrong w/a TPU Case until such is available.

Anyway,this case from I-BLASON seems to fit your needs (less water tightness):

Amazon.com: i-Blason Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Note III N9000 Prime Series Dual Layer Holster Case with Kickstand and Locking Belt Swivel Clip (Black): Cell Phones & Accessories
KOLIO is offline  
Old September 29th, 2013, 07:23 PM  
Junior Member
 
DCLocal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and Galaxy Gear
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 94
Thanked 12 Times in 8 Posts
Send a message via AIM to DCLocal Send a message via Skype™ to DCLocal
Default Spigen

As KOLIO mentioned check Amazon. I just ordered the Ultra Fit and BOUNCE since I wanted to try both.
__________________
Wireless in the District rocking my Galaxy Note 3 and Galaxy Gear!
DCLocal is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DCLocal For This Useful Post:
KOLIO (September 29th, 2013), Thechidz (September 29th, 2013)
Old September 29th, 2013, 07:28 PM  
U Just Luv My OPPOstyle
 
KOLIO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,526
 
Device(s): 1+1 | OPPO FIND 7 | OPPO N1 | SAMSUNG GEAR 2/FIT | CHROMECAST
Carrier: T-MOBILE

Thanks: 4,644
Thanked 1,944 Times in 1,428 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCLocal View Post
As KOLIO mentioned check Amazon. I just ordered the Ultra Fit and BOUNCE since I wanted to try both.
COOL AVATAR,DCLocal!
KOLIO is offline  
Old September 29th, 2013, 08:37 PM  
Member
 
racerxe24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 160
 
Device(s): HTC One
Carrier: AT&T

Thanks: 142
Thanked 152 Times in 73 Posts
Default

I don't want to hijack the thread, but will the wireless backs be available at launch? Do we need a wireless back to be able to charge this phone wirelessly?
racerxe24 is offline  
Old September 29th, 2013, 09:14 PM  
U Just Luv My OPPOstyle
 
KOLIO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,526
 
Device(s): 1+1 | OPPO FIND 7 | OPPO N1 | SAMSUNG GEAR 2/FIT | CHROMECAST
Carrier: T-MOBILE

Thanks: 4,644
Thanked 1,944 Times in 1,428 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerxe24 View Post
I don't want to hijack the thread, but will the wireless backs be available at launch? Do we need a wireless back to be able to charge this phone wirelessly?

You're not hijacking,not @ all.

As for North America,no one has any definitive information @ this time regarding wireless charging,if such is capable out of the box w/o modification, or, availability of related accessories.

It'd really break my heart if someone could chime in to find me in error w/better news.
KOLIO is offline  
Old September 30th, 2013, 11:38 AM  
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 231
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 34 Times in 29 Posts
Default

Samsung Experience store in London expecting s view covers in today.
Saying that they've been talking out of their hoops to me for the past week
slatyford is offline  
sponsored links
Old September 30th, 2013, 11:59 AM  
Senior Member
 
twister6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,772
 
Device(s): Fascinate, Droid X, Nexus 7, Note 2, S5
Carrier: V

Thanks: 140
Thanked 805 Times in 422 Posts
Default

Just noticed UAG has Note 3 cases on pre-order: Products – URBAN ARMOR GEAR - they got rid off that grill

Seidio also has Note 3 cases listed under development which means those will be available soon: SEIDIO | Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Most likely I will have these reviewed once they are available.
__________________
If you find my post helpful, please hit Thanks!

Complete List of all smartphone and tablet Accessory and Gadget REVIEWS by Twister => HERE
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~
twister6 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to twister6 For This Useful Post:
rivera02 (September 30th, 2013)
Old September 30th, 2013, 04:41 PM  
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 60
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Default

On a side note, maybe anyone who has had previous note/galaxy cases but which cases are usually the most heavy duty ?

Ive had my current phone break twice, so im trying to avoid any potential headaches with my note 3.

I was leaning towards the ballastic cases, although trident kraken seems like it has potential as well

(those urban armor cases above look pretty cool, though i dunno how well theyll protect the screen which is definitely my biggest concern)
dcm1602 is offline  
Old September 30th, 2013, 04:49 PM  
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Moving Around The Western Hemisphere
Posts: 199
 
Device(s): Galaxy_S4......................... Galaxy_Note_3................... Nexus_7_2
Carrier: AT&T

Thanks: 58
Thanked 53 Times in 37 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCLocal View Post
As KOLIO mentioned check Amazon. I just ordered the Ultra Fit and BOUNCE since I wanted to try both.
In other news, IE: minuae, I found it interesting yesterday that the TPU case no longer appears on the Spigen site, and yet Amazon had it in stock.
zendroid is offline  
Old September 30th, 2013, 05:00 PM  
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 9
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 3 Times in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOLIO View Post
Try AMAZON & e-BAY,I've already received a TPU Case,got the SAMSUNG S-VIEW Flip Case on the way.

Perhaps the case you're looking for isn't available yet,but,it's hard to go wrong w/a TPU Case until such is available.

Anyway,this case from I-BLASON seems to fit your needs (less water tightness):

Amazon.com: i-Blason Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Note III N9000 Prime Series Dual Layer Holster Case with Kickstand and Locking Belt Swivel Clip (Black): Cell Phones & Accessories
Where did you order the s view case for the note3? I can't seem to find it for sale anywhere in the USA.
shoefreak03 is offline  
Old September 30th, 2013, 06:39 PM  
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: South Florida
Gender: Male
Posts: 107
 
Device(s): Infuse 4G running Aeon 1.3 Neon Blue ROM
Carrier: AT&T

Thanks: 157
Thanked 40 Times in 31 Posts
Default

This is a nice option for an S-View case. From China but inexpensive:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nillkin-SView-Thin-Flip-Leather-Cover-Case-Samsung-Galaxy-Note-3-III-N9000-N9005-/331032993971?pt=US_Cell_Phone_PDA_Cases&hash=item4 d131aa0b3#ht_9866wt_1057
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2013092616325273499.jpg (387.1 KB, 50 views)
rawhide85 is offline  
Old September 30th, 2013, 08:14 PM  
Senior Member
 
twister6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,772
 
Device(s): Fascinate, Droid X, Nexus 7, Note 2, S5
Carrier: V

Thanks: 140
Thanked 805 Times in 422 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcm1602 View Post
On a side note, maybe anyone who has had previous note/galaxy cases but which cases are usually the most heavy duty ?

Ive had my current phone break twice, so im trying to avoid any potential headaches with my note 3.

I was leaning towards the ballastic cases, although trident kraken seems like it has potential as well

(those urban armor cases above look pretty cool, though i dunno how well theyll protect the screen which is definitely my biggest concern)
I had and reviewed all of them for Note 2. In my opinion the best combination of protection and style with a balance between bulk'n'slim was UAG case with tempered glass screen protector. All of these cases are great, and a lot of it comes down to a personal preference like I don't like silicon inner shells that stick to your pockets or pull/loose around the sides. Also since I change cases, I like one piece design which is easy to remove yet stays firmly on; and I like to have a good lip around edges for corner and face down drop protection as well as being able to put the phone face up/down without it sliding or wobbling due to uneven case surface, etc. With screen protector, those think pet film ones are only for for scratch protection - they will not protect the glass display. So tempered glass or new flexible glass protectors are highly desirable.
Simon_Gardner likes this.
twister6 is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to twister6 For This Useful Post:
KOLIO (September 30th, 2013), Simon_Gardner (October 1st, 2013)
Old September 30th, 2013, 08:25 PM  
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 60
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by twister6 View Post
I had and reviewed all of them for Note 2. In my opinion the best combination of protection and style with a balance between bulk'n'slim was UAG case with tempered glass screen protector. All of these cases are great, and a lot of it comes down to a personal preference like I don't like silicon inner shells that stick to your pockets or pull/loose around the sides. Also since I change cases, I like one piece design which is easy to remove yet stays firmly on; and I like to have a good lip around edges for corner and face down drop protection as well as being able to put the phone face up/down without it sliding or wobbling due to uneven case surface, etc. With screen protector, those think pet film ones are only for for scratch protection - they will not protect the glass display. So tempered glass or new flexible glass protectors are highly desirable.
Appreciate the opinion, im definitely gonna check the UAG out further.

What about if I dont mind having my phone be tremendously bulky ? I know there are tons of people who want their phones to be ultra slim and thats cool, but i would have no issue with my phone being like carrying around a brick as long as its awesome at what it does and doesnt break
dcm1602 is offline  
Old September 30th, 2013, 08:53 PM  
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Moving Around The Western Hemisphere
Posts: 199
 
Device(s): Galaxy_S4......................... Galaxy_Note_3................... Nexus_7_2
Carrier: AT&T

Thanks: 58
Thanked 53 Times in 37 Posts
Default

Does anyone have both UAG & Slim Armor for a side by side comparison?
zendroid is offline  
Old September 30th, 2013, 08:59 PM  
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Midwest
Gender: Male
Posts: 284
 
Device(s): White Galaxy Note 3, Motorola Bionic(retired), HTC Touch Pro 2 (retired)
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 17
Thanked 14 Times in 13 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zendroid View Post
In other news, IE: minuae, I found it interesting yesterday that the TPU case no longer appears on the Spigen site, and yet Amazon had it in stock.

Which is the "TPU" cause you refer to? (From Memory) most of the Spigen cases have some TPU in it. Personally, I'm probably going with the Slim Armour. I've not ordered it yet. I'm going to go naked for awhile to enjoy the phone that way. And at the same time, wait for y'all to ween out the winners and losers in terms of cases. with a protection plan I decided to opt in for, and I'm pretty safe with my phones. I"m not worried about a couple of weeks.
Simon_Gardner likes this.
jetguat is offline  
Old September 30th, 2013, 10:07 PM  
Senior Member
 
twister6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,772
 
Device(s): Fascinate, Droid X, Nexus 7, Note 2, S5
Carrier: V

Thanks: 140
Thanked 805 Times in 422 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zendroid View Post
Does anyone have both UAG & Slim Armor for a side by side comparison?
UAG for Note 3 is not available yet. But I had them side by side for S4, and Slim armor hardly offered any lip while drop protection seems to be not on the same level as UAG. Again, just based on S4 case comparison.
twister6 is offline  
sponsored links
Old September 30th, 2013, 10:21 PM  
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Midwest
Gender: Male
Posts: 284
 
Device(s): White Galaxy Note 3, Motorola Bionic(retired), HTC Touch Pro 2 (retired)
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 17
Thanked 14 Times in 13 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by twister6 View Post
UAG for Note 3 is not available yet. But I had them side by side for S4, and Slim armor hardly offered any lip while drop protection seems to be not on the same level as UAG. Again, just based on S4 case comparison.
not on the same level as UAG. meaning UAG was head and shoulder better.. or it was not in the same class at the slim armour?
jetguat is offline  
Old September 30th, 2013, 10:30 PM  
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 459
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 2, Nexus 7, Droid DNA
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 188
Thanked 132 Times in 83 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by twister6 View Post
UAG for Note 3 is not available yet. But I had them side by side for S4, and Slim armor hardly offered any lip while drop protection seems to be not on the same level as UAG. Again, just based on S4 case comparison.
I love the UAG cases but I would really like a kickstand for watching movies and tv shows. Any cases similar to it with a kickstand?
rivera02 is online now  
Old September 30th, 2013, 10:51 PM  
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Moving Around The Western Hemisphere
Posts: 199
 
Device(s): Galaxy_S4......................... Galaxy_Note_3................... Nexus_7_2
Carrier: AT&T

Thanks: 58
Thanked 53 Times in 37 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by twister6 View Post
UAG for Note 3 is not available yet. But I had them side by side for S4, and Slim armor hardly offered any lip while drop protection seems to be not on the same level as UAG. Again, just based on S4 case comparison.
That's what I meant, an S4 comparison. I have an S4 with the slim armor but also like the look of the UAG although I've only seen pictures.

How would you rate the fit and finish of UAG?
zendroid is offline  
Old October 1st, 2013, 03:17 AM  
Senior Member
 
Simon_Gardner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Twitter @Simon_Gardner
Posts: 853
 
Device(s): Note 3, Huawei E586 MiFi
Carrier: Vodafone/Three/O2

Thanks: 76
Thanked 182 Times in 127 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by twister6 View Post
UAG for Note 3 is not available yet.
Looks like it pretty much is... Scroll down to the Note 3
Simon_Gardner is offline  
Last edited by Simon_Gardner; October 1st, 2013 at 03:32 AM.
Old October 1st, 2013, 03:30 AM  
Senior Member
 
Simon_Gardner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Twitter @Simon_Gardner
Posts: 853
 
Device(s): Note 3, Huawei E586 MiFi
Carrier: Vodafone/Three/O2

Thanks: 76
Thanked 182 Times in 127 Posts
Default Bright case

I waver on colour of cases. Part of me says stylish and the other part says functional. Because of where I get to, functional means a bright colour so as to be able to find it easily if you put it down. (I have a bright yellow camera case for my pocket camera on a bright yellow rope for just this reason. Camera cable releases get bright tape bands wrapped round them. So I don't lose them in undergrowth.)

So I'm thinking that orange UAG case (unfortunately no yellow available)...
Simon_Gardner is offline  
Old October 1st, 2013, 04:17 AM  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 1,020
 
Device(s): OnePlus One on 3 - UK
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 62
Thanked 120 Times in 86 Posts
Default

I've ordered an S View case from China with smart view etc so when it arrives I'll add some pics and info.
I'm not paying 50 for the samsung version because in the past the folio cases from Samsung are rubbish and come apart at the seams.
generally the chinese ones are just as good so long as you dont take them off all the time as the clips tend to break easily.
One I ordered was around 7!
bonerp is online now  
Old October 1st, 2013, 06:19 AM  
Senior Member
 
twister6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,772
 
Device(s): Fascinate, Droid X, Nexus 7, Note 2, S5
Carrier: V

Thanks: 140
Thanked 805 Times in 422 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon_Gardner View Post
Looks like it pretty much is... Scroll down to the Note 3
I posted this link in one of my other replies as well 4-6 weeks waiting time, can only pre-order now.
twister6 is offline  
Old October 1st, 2013, 06:25 AM  
Senior Member
 
Simon_Gardner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Twitter @Simon_Gardner
Posts: 853
 
Device(s): Note 3, Huawei E586 MiFi
Carrier: Vodafone/Three/O2

Thanks: 76
Thanked 182 Times in 127 Posts
Default

Shipping in four weeks, they tell me. Looks like it's the one for me.
Simon_Gardner is offline  
Old October 1st, 2013, 06:48 AM  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 20
 
Device(s): Tmo Note 3, Samsung Note 10.1
Carrier: T-Mobile US

Thanks: 4
Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon_Gardner View Post
Looks like it pretty much is... Scroll down to the Note 3
I've got one of these on my SG3 and its a good case. I did have to modify the power button to work without having to crush the phone to turn it on and off It was really stiff. I used it for about a month hoping it would break in but it didn't change so I used an exacto knife to make a small cut on the edge of the power button.
TexasRelic is offline  
Old October 1st, 2013, 06:56 AM  
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 5
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

No need for a case, the leather back side looks awesome ..though i wound't want to break it if I drop it so I'll probably get a case anyway
Cobra_12 is offline  
sponsored links
Old October 2nd, 2013, 01:34 PM  
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 60
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Ballastic has some cases listed as "coming soon"

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Cases | Ballistic Case Co.
dcm1602 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to dcm1602 For This Useful Post:
rivera02 (October 2nd, 2013)
Old October 2nd, 2013, 01:37 PM  
Senior Member
 
dontpanicbobby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Boston MA USA
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,975
 
Device(s): HTC One (M8), Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Samsung Galaxy S II, Google G1
Carrier: t-mobile

Thanks: 345
Thanked 897 Times in 586 Posts
Default

No cases or other accessories at the t-mobile store in Mattapan Square in Boston MA. I should of ordered ahead of time.
__________________
"You silly twisted boy, you" - Hercules Grytpype-Thynne
dontpanicbobby is offline  
Old October 2nd, 2013, 01:58 PM  
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 235
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 21 Times in 16 Posts
Default

I actually like the VZW generic case best. Its actually a 2 piece holster with belt clip, but I like using just the case half. Its got a neat pull out kick stand for flat surface viewing and protects the edges, and has a diamind grip surface on the back that makes for sturdy , non slip pick ups. I have it on my Note 2 now, and Razr Maxx before that.
taxiron1 is offline  
Old October 2nd, 2013, 02:34 PM  
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Hi I have ordered about 7 cases for my note 3. Check amazon and ebay
slmshdy88 is offline  
Old October 2nd, 2013, 03:24 PM  
Member
 
menmyjeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Midwest
Gender: Male
Posts: 217
 
Device(s): Galaxy Note 3
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Thanks: 22
Thanked 33 Times in 24 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxiron1 View Post
I actually like the VZW generic case best. Its actually a 2 piece holster with belt clip, but I like using just the case half. Its got a neat pull out kick stand for flat surface viewing and protects the edges, and has a diamind grip surface on the back that makes for sturdy , non slip pick ups. I have it on my Note 2 now, and Razr Maxx before that.
Actually the case you are referring to for the Note II does not come with the holster. It only has the case half. I am not aware of this even being offered yet for the Note 3 unless I missed something?
menmyjeep is offline  
Old October 2nd, 2013, 06:31 PM  
U Just Luv My OPPOstyle
 
KOLIO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,526
 
Device(s): 1+1 | OPPO FIND 7 | OPPO N1 | SAMSUNG GEAR 2/FIT | CHROMECAST
Carrier: T-MOBILE

Thanks: 4,644
Thanked 1,944 Times in 1,428 Posts
Default

Got my GN3 today & have a couple quick recommendations on two cases (& one holster) that I got ahead of time:

TPU Soft Case Back Cover Skin Shell for Samsung Galaxy NOTE3 III N9000 N9005 New | eBay

Fits nice & snug,looks pretty nice for a TPU Case,the matte finish on the backside is a nice touch.

Leather Vertical Case Pouch for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 III Holster Belt Clip New | eBay

VERY NICE! Don't care if it's leather or pleather,feels & looks nice.The magnetic assist on the closure seals the deal,I highly recommend.

However................ only the slimmest of cased phones will fit in the holster,the GN3 w/the above TPU Case is extremely snug,you won't be able to squeeze anything bigger into the holster.


Black Touch Leather Clear Flip Case Cover Stand for Samsung Galaxy NOTE3 N9000 | eBay

Don't waste your money.The clear front is cheap,feels like hardened cellophane,doesn't lay flat when closed,feels bulky/clumsy in-hand.
KOLIO is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KOLIO For This Useful Post:
dustwun77 (October 11th, 2013), zendroid (October 6th, 2013)
Old October 2nd, 2013, 08:03 PM  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: KCMO
Posts: 545
 
Device(s): N7 (12&13), Note 2, GNex, N1, G1, TF
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 30
Thanked 87 Times in 65 Posts
Default

I'm used to T-Mobile being a bit behind the curve and other carriers already having whatever I just bought plus cases for it. All four carrier stores in my area didn't have cases yet. The Tmo store I bought it at said tomorrow. The other 3 carriers gave a me perplexed look as to what I was even talking about.
dontpanicbobby likes this.
chimphappyhour is offline  
Old October 3rd, 2013, 02:13 AM  
U Just Luv My OPPOstyle
 
KOLIO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,526
 
Device(s): 1+1 | OPPO FIND 7 | OPPO N1 | SAMSUNG GEAR 2/FIT | CHROMECAST
Carrier: T-MOBILE

Thanks: 4,644
Thanked 1,944 Times in 1,428 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOLIO View Post
Got my GN3 today & have a couple quick recommendations on two cases (& one holster) that I got ahead of time:

TPU Soft Case Back Cover Skin Shell for Samsung Galaxy NOTE3 III N9000 N9005 New | eBay

Fits nice & snug,looks pretty nice for a TPU Case,the matte finish on the backside is a nice touch.

Leather Vertical Case Pouch for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 III Holster Belt Clip New | eBay

VERY NICE! Don't care if it's leather or pleather,feels & looks nice.The magnetic assist on the closure seals the deal,I highly recommend.

However................ only the slimmest of cased phones will fit in the holster,the GN3 w/the above TPU Case is extremely snug,you won't be able to squeeze anything bigger into the holster.


Black Touch Leather Clear Flip Case Cover Stand for Samsung Galaxy NOTE3 N9000 | eBay

Don't waste your money.The clear front is cheap,feels like hardened cellophane,doesn't lay flat when closed,feels bulky/clumsy in-hand.
Regarding the case that I gave a less than favorable review,the seller has been extremely communicative & is sending a replacment,plus,will check for quality before sending it.

The processing/shipping on the original shipment was very prompt,& the seller took time out of his holiday to respond to my concerns.

This alone was worth the price of admission to me,a refreshing change of scenery in comparison to some of the bloated bureaucracy one is accustomed to.

5-STARS across the board for this seller on e-BAY!

I'll update when the new case arrives.
KOLIO is offline  
Old October 3rd, 2013, 11:10 PM  
U Just Luv My OPPOstyle
 
KOLIO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,526
 
Device(s): 1+1 | OPPO FIND 7 | OPPO N1 | SAMSUNG GEAR 2/FIT | CHROMECAST
Carrier: T-MOBILE

Thanks: 4,644
Thanked 1,944 Times in 1,428 Posts
Default UPDATE Part Deux

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOLIO View Post
Got my GN3 today & have a couple quick recommendations on two cases (& one holster) that I got ahead of time:


Black Touch Leather Clear Flip Case Cover Stand for Samsung Galaxy NOTE3 N9000 | eBay

Don't waste your money.The clear front is cheap,feels like hardened cellophane,doesn't lay flat when closed,feels bulky/clumsy in-hand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KOLIO View Post
Regarding the case that I gave a less than favorable review,the seller has been extremely communicative & is sending a replacment,plus,will check for quality before sending it.

The processing/shipping on the original shipment was very prompt,& the seller took time out of his holiday to respond to my concerns.

This alone was worth the price of admission to me,a refreshing change of scenery in comparison to some of the bloated bureaucracy one is accustomed to.

5-STARS across the board for this seller on e-BAY!

I'll update when the new case arrives.
Just finished conversing w/the seller,he's sending an alternate non-flipbook style case,per my request,as after a closer look (IMHO) led me to believe the replacement case will have the same issues.

This goes w/saying opinions regarding quality/function are subjective.In comparison to other well-known mfgs/sellers of smartphones/accessories,this gentleman went far above & beyond anyone I've dealt w/in quite some time.

KUDOS to WWANGSTORE2010:

Black Touch Leather Clear Flip Case Cover Stand for Samsung Galaxy Note3 N9000 items in wwangstore2010 store on eBay!
KOLIO is offline  
Last edited by KOLIO; October 3rd, 2013 at 11:13 PM.
Old October 3rd, 2013, 11:36 PM  
Senior Member
 
twister6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,772
 
Device(s): Fascinate, Droid X, Nexus 7, Note 2, S5
Carrier: V

Thanks: 140
Thanked 805 Times in 422 Posts
Default

Just been told Seidio SURFACE for Note 3 is available and starting to ship: SEIDIO | SURFACE with Metal Kickstand Case & Holster Combo for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 . Should receive a review sample sometime next week. Since I don't have N3 yet, I ordered display model of N3 which I'm planning to use for my case reviews.
twister6 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to twister6 For This Useful Post:
BobF (October 6th, 2013)
sponsored links
Old October 3rd, 2013, 11:51 PM  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: NY, US
Gender: Male
Posts: 58
 
Device(s): Galaxy Note 3 (rooted)
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 1
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

SPIGEN already sells their 'bounce' case and the slim armor and neo hybrid armor, coming mid October, Something You Want | Home | SPIGEN SGP
Enzo Heavenly is offline  
Old October 3rd, 2013, 11:55 PM  
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 60
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Do ballastic/trident/otterbox cases usually get sold on amazon/3rd party websites for cheaper prices?

I noticed that most of their cases are 39.99 or 49.99 on their websites, but some otterbox cases are on amazon for like 20$

I dunno if thats because theyre old cases, or if i can expect to get one of them cheaper on amazon in a few weeks
dcm1602 is offline  
Old October 4th, 2013, 01:45 AM  
Member
 
MISS DIVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 275
 
Device(s): Galaxy S2, Galaxy Note, Galaxy Note 2, LG G PAD
Carrier: T Mobile UK

Thanks: 157
Thanked 86 Times in 56 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOLIO View Post
Regarding the case that I gave a less than favorable review,the seller has been extremely communicative & is sending a replacment,plus,will check for quality before sending it.

The processing/shipping on the original shipment was very prompt,& the seller took time out of his holiday to respond to my concerns.

This alone was worth the price of admission to me,a refreshing change of scenery in comparison to some of the bloated bureaucracy one is accustomed to.

5-STARS across the board for this seller on e-BAY!

I'll update when the new case arrives.
Photos would be nice
MISS DIVA is online now  
The Following User Says Thank You to MISS DIVA For This Useful Post:
KOLIO (October 4th, 2013)
Old October 4th, 2013, 10:06 AM  
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 183
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 13
Thanked 28 Times in 25 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon_Gardner View Post
I have an email from Otterbox saying it will be a month or so.
I bet they are out in China already
androidexpat is offline  
Old October 4th, 2013, 11:31 AM  
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 14
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 15 Times in 7 Posts
Default

I had this case from "Case Mate" for 11 months and liked it a lot. They said they might have a Note 3 case in a month or so after the launch and to check back. Love this case...

White/Grey Case-Mate Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Pop Cases (Case-Mate NOTE2-POP), Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Cases, Covers, Accessories by Case-Mate | Case-Mate
JoeInCT is offline  
Old October 5th, 2013, 02:09 PM  
AF Addict
 
drexappeal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: West LA, CA
Posts: 10,085
 
Device(s): G Note 3 Sprint (Jet Black), LG G3 Sprint (Gold), MoPhoQ Sprint, Mopho Sprint & G Note 8.0 Wi-fi
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 3,406
Thanked 2,841 Times in 1,921 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOLIO View Post

Black Touch Leather Clear Flip Case Cover Stand for Samsung Galaxy NOTE3 N9000 | eBay

Don't waste your money.The clear front is cheap,feels like hardened cellophane,doesn't lay flat when closed,feels bulky/clumsy in-hand.
Good thing I got a couple other cases! A little disappointing, considering how much potential that one really had. More frustrating that it's "bulky". It looked so slim (but then again, one of the minimal leather cases I got from Amazon looked really thin also, but feels bulky in comparison to the minimal case I got from ebay).
__________________
Love the G-Note series!
drexappeal is online now  
Old October 6th, 2013, 02:28 AM  
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 231
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 34 Times in 29 Posts
Default

Got a black S view cover yesterday and with the black phone it looks really good. The view panel works fine as does s pen with it.
No I didn't pay for it, it was complimentary for Samsung arsing up my order
slatyford is offline  
Old October 6th, 2013, 03:07 AM  
Senior Member
 
Simon_Gardner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Twitter @Simon_Gardner
Posts: 853
 
Device(s): Note 3, Huawei E586 MiFi
Carrier: Vodafone/Three/O2

Thanks: 76
Thanked 182 Times in 127 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slatyford View Post
Got a black S view cover yesterday...
No I didn't pay for it, it was complimentary for Samsung arsing up my order
Result.

Simon_Gardner is offline  
Old October 6th, 2013, 03:13 AM  
AF Addict
 
drexappeal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: West LA, CA
Posts: 10,085
 
Device(s): G Note 3 Sprint (Jet Black), LG G3 Sprint (Gold), MoPhoQ Sprint, Mopho Sprint & G Note 8.0 Wi-fi
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 3,406
Thanked 2,841 Times in 1,921 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOLIO View Post

Black Touch Leather Clear Flip Case Cover Stand for Samsung Galaxy NOTE3 N9000 | eBay

Don't waste your money.The clear front is cheap,feels like hardened cellophane,doesn't lay flat when closed,feels bulky/clumsy in-hand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drexappeal View Post
Good thing I got a couple other cases! A little disappointing, considering how much potential that one really had. More frustrating that it's "bulky". It looked so slim (but then again, one of the minimal leather cases I got from Amazon looked really thin also, but feels bulky in comparison to the minimal case I got from ebay).
Update - I concur. This case sucks! Lol
drexappeal is online now  
Old October 6th, 2013, 03:14 AM  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 20
 
Device(s): Tmo Note 3, Samsung Note 10.1
Carrier: T-Mobile US

Thanks: 4
Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Default Battery Case

If anyone is looking for a battery case I ran across this one on Drippler, Power Jacket For Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - 3800mAh
TexasRelic is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to TexasRelic For This Useful Post:
daddyd302 (October 9th, 2013)
 

Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

Samsung is coming back with its legendary phablet. The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 comes packed with the best of specs, featuring a 5.7-inch display, a Snapdragon 800 procesor, a 3200 mAh battery and all the specs you can expect from a top-end device.&nb... Read More


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:13 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.