Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 3

New Forums: Nexus Player | Nexus 9
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By jim131
  • 1 Post By jim131

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old September 29th, 2013, 08:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Carrier: Not Provided

Default Just switched from the Iphone

I just joined the forum and I am a brand new Android user. I am switching from the Iphone 5 to the Note 3. I was wondering where I could find help in making the tranistion and learning about Android as well as the Note 3? I have read about different ways to convert videos, music, etc from Itunes to Android as well as text messages, etc. However, I am sure of what is the best way to go about this process? Also, I am unfamiliar with Google drive as well as other features which may be available to an Android user as I had been a long time Iphone user. I would appreciate help in steering me in the right direction!

Advertisements
sponsored links
Old September 29th, 2013, 08:59 PM   #2 (permalink)

Device(s): AT&T Galaxy Note 3 AT&T Galaxy S4 Nexus 7 (2012)

Default Welcome

I don't know the best answers to your questions. When i got my S2 2 years ago. I can tell you it was a struggle for me to convert my library.

Since then Google has made their music manager available and that's much easier. I have never regretted switching.

I'm assuming you have created a google account? If not that's your first step. Check out these forums as well. Lots of great advice and kind people who share their knowledge.

I think Samsung is also offering a media app on this new phone. I never bothered with previous versions but maybe this one will be OK . We live in hope.

Enjoy!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FlyingPigL For This Useful Post:
jim131 (October 5th, 2013), ocnbrze (October 6th, 2013)
Old September 29th, 2013, 11:40 PM   #3 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Note 3
Carrier: AT&T

This will be my first android too. Does Google make an official app for their cloud music service?I just uploaded everything....
Old September 30th, 2013, 02:17 AM   #4 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3 Rooted P.a.c. Rom 4.4
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenonsupra View Post
This will be my first android too. Does Google make an official app for their cloud music service?I just uploaded everything....
Google drive is their cloud app for regular files.
Old September 30th, 2013, 06:57 AM   #5 (permalink)
Accept no imitations!

Device(s): Note 3 (rooted & ROMmed), Galaxy Nexus (retired), OG Droid (retired)
Carrier: Verizon

Thanked 7,147 Times in 3,391 Posts

Hi Jim and Xenon, welcome to Android Forums!

You will find that Android and iOS do many of the same things, only... differently. There are, of course, advantages to each one. I hope you enjoy your Android experience!

THIS ARTICLE may be of interest to you, if you haven't read it already. HERE is another one.

Learn things, help others, make friends and have fun! Always feel free to ask any questions you may have.

It’s great to have you here

If I have helped you at all, please click the "Thanks" button
Forum Rules & Guidelines
The Following User Says Thank You to The_Chief For This Useful Post:
ocnbrze (October 6th, 2013)
Old October 5th, 2013, 04:22 AM   #6 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Chief View Post
Hi Jim and Xenon, welcome to Android Forums!

You will find that Android and iOS do many of the same things, only... differently. There are, of course, advantages to each one. I hope you enjoy your Android experience!

THIS ARTICLE may be of interest to you, if you haven't read it already. HERE is another one.

Learn things, help others, make friends and have fun! Always feel free to ask any questions you may have.

It’s great to have you here
Thank you for the post and the information. I am trying to learn as much as I can. I received the phone yesterday and absolutely love Android! It opens up a whole new world. I will keep searching thru forums and threads to hopefully find the information I need. Thank you again to everyone!
ScandaLeX likes this.
Old October 5th, 2013, 05:34 AM   #7 (permalink)

Device(s): LG G3 (Titanium); Samsung Galaxy S5 (Black)
Carrier: Globe; Smart

Default Hi

I just want to welcome you to the Android world.

My first Android phone was the Note 1 and it wasn't such a struggle for me to adapt the new system. The heavy customization of your device is what trumps iPhones (and I am such a big Apple fanboy). I hope you're loving your new device because I can tell you that it's the best device Samsung has come up with.
The Following User Says Thank You to PrinceOfDorne For This Useful Post:
ocnbrze (October 6th, 2013)
Old October 5th, 2013, 08:05 AM   #8 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceOfDorne View Post
I just want to welcome you to the Android world.

My first Android phone was the Note 1 and it wasn't such a struggle for me to adapt the new system. The heavy customization of your device is what trumps iPhones (and I am such a big Apple fanboy). I hope you're loving your new device because I can tell you that it's the best device Samsung has come up with.
Thak you for the welcome to the forum!!! Yes, I too just love Apple as everything seems to work. However, the last couple of Iphone upgrades have been unimpressive to me as compared to how far Android has developed. As far as the Note 3, I absolutely love it!!! The screen is incredible going from a 4" Iphone screen. I am still trying to figure out what is the best way of putting my music and videos on the device/SD card. I still have my IPad so I want to keep using Itunes as well
Old October 6th, 2013, 06:41 AM   #9 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim131 View Post
Thak you for the welcome to the forum!!! Yes, I too just love Apple as everything seems to work. However, the last couple of Iphone upgrades have been unimpressive to me as compared to how far Android has developed. As far as the Note 3, I absolutely love it!!! The screen is incredible going from a 4" Iphone screen. I am still trying to figure out what is the best way of putting my music and videos on the device/SD card. I still have my IPad so I want to keep using Itunes as well

download google music. it will automatically sync your entire iTunes library (including music purchased through the itunes store) to your google music account, which is essentially cloud. It will then load it up to your phone. i have roughly 10,000 songs and all of them are on my note3 (well, cloud). Works great!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jbed1203 For This Useful Post:
jim131 (October 6th, 2013), ocnbrze (October 6th, 2013)
Old October 6th, 2013, 09:07 AM   #10 (permalink)

Device(s): Motorola Droid Maxx (XT1080M)
Carrier: Verizon

Yep, Google Music will do it for you. You need to download Google Music software to your HOME COMPUTER and set it up to sync your iTunes library. I haven't purchased a new phone in a while so I don't know if the Google Music phone app is baked in to the Note 3 like Maps and Navigation are (I assume it is. Icon looks like a pair of headphones).

When I got my phone there was no Google Music! lol. I'm due I would think! Trying to decide between this a a Droid Maxx...that's why I'm "here".
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to red66charger For This Useful Post:
jim131 (October 6th, 2013), ocnbrze (October 6th, 2013)
sponsored links
Old October 6th, 2013, 10:18 AM   #11 (permalink)

Device(s):

Look for a Best Buy with a Galaxy Center, just put one in at both stores by me and it is nice to play with an actual phone AND the S-pen on an active device.
Old October 6th, 2013, 11:10 AM   #12 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by red66charger View Post
Yep, Google Music will do it for you. You need to download Google Music software to your HOME COMPUTER and set it up to sync your iTunes library. I haven't purchased a new phone in a while so I don't know if the Google Music phone app is baked in to the Note 3 like Maps and Navigation are (I assume it is. Icon looks like a pair of headphones).

When I got my phone there was no Google Music! lol. I'm due I would think! Trying to decide between this a a Droid Maxx...that's why I'm "here".
Thank you, that worked perfectly!!!
dontpanicbobby likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to jim131 For This Useful Post:
dontpanicbobby (October 6th, 2013)

Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

Samsung is coming back with its legendary phablet. The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 comes packed with the best of specs, featuring a 5.7-inch display, a Snapdragon 800 procesor, a 3200 mAh battery and all the specs you can expect from a top-end device.&nb... Read More

Tags
new android user, note 3

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 3