Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 3

New Forums: Nexus Player | Nexus 9
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Byair

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old October 12th, 2013, 05:40 AM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default How do you use the Action Memo feature properly? Especially for Tasks?

I keep trying to experiment with the Action Memo feature to get the best results.

One of the most problematic aspects of this features is setting a task. I bring up action memo and type out something like "pick up sister at school on 10/17" The first problem is I write kind of big, so this task gets written on three lines, but when I do this it comes up in Task Manager (under the calender) as THREE DIFFERENT TASKS! It looks like this:

1) Pick up sister
2) at school
3) on 10/17

That is kind of annoying. Shouldn't action memo be able to realize that is all one sentence?

I made a change and shortened it to one line by writing smaller and typing a shorter version of it "pick up sister on 10/17. This time action memo recognizes it as one task. HOWEVER, it didn't set the date in tasks. It is just listed under tasks by that name. Doesn't action memo have the ability to recognize the date and set it or am I doing something wrong? Is there a video on how best to utilize Action Memo? The other features of Air Commander seem relatively straightforward. Pen Window is just drawing a rectangle. Scrapbooker is just making a circle and so forth. However, Action Memo seems to require a bit of knowledge and finesse to make it work right. Any advice?

Advertisements
sponsored links
Old October 12th, 2013, 06:05 AM   #2 (permalink)

Device(s): SM-N9005, SM-V700, GT-I9250 Play.
Carrier: Vodafone (sim-only)

Pickup is enough, than "link to action" and the task option.
When task opened hover with your s pen over pickup in the title bar and tap on the arrow, you can now write more info for the title bar.
dustwun77 and thirstypirate like this.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Byair For This Useful Post:
dustwun77 (October 14th, 2013), hbryder (October 12th, 2013)
Old October 14th, 2013, 02:57 AM   #3 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byair View Post
Pickup is enough, than "link to action" and the task option.
When task opened hover with your s pen over pickup in the title bar and tap on the arrow, you can now write more info for the title bar.
Yeah, I know you can add more info. However, it is kind of a let down that they Note 3 failed to do this kind of thing on its own.
Old October 14th, 2013, 08:02 PM   #4 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (current phone) Motorola RAZR HD MAXX (last phone, backup)
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueLeaderX View Post
I keep trying to experiment with the Action Memo feature to get the best results.

One of the most problematic aspects of this features is setting a task. I bring up action memo and type out something like "pick up sister at school on 10/17" The first problem is I write kind of big, so this task gets written on three lines, but when I do this it comes up in Task Manager (under the calender) as THREE DIFFERENT TASKS! It looks like this:

1) Pick up sister
2) at school
3) on 10/17

That is kind of annoying. Shouldn't action memo be able to realize that is all one sentence?

I made a change and shortened it to one line by writing smaller and typing a shorter version of it "pick up sister on 10/17. This time action memo recognizes it as one task. HOWEVER, it didn't set the date in tasks. It is just listed under tasks by that name. Doesn't action memo have the ability to recognize the date and set it or am I doing something wrong? Is there a video on how best to utilize Action Memo? The other features of Air Commander seem relatively straightforward. Pen Window is just drawing a rectangle. Scrapbooker is just making a circle and so forth. However, Action Memo seems to require a bit of knowledge and finesse to make it work right. Any advice?
I was thinking the same thing. I tried to write something like you did with a date, hoping that it would recognize it as such and create a task using that date (and time would be cool) but just got the three line, three different tasks as well. So now I'm just entering in anything that requires a time or date by hand.

Hopefully someone will know of a way (if we are doing something wrong) or if not then hopefully it's something big S will add in a future OTA.
Old October 15th, 2013, 09:48 PM   #5 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methos1979 View Post
I was thinking the same thing. I tried to write something like you did with a date, hoping that it would recognize it as such and create a task using that date (and time would be cool) but just got the three line, three different tasks as well. So now I'm just entering in anything that requires a time or date by hand.

Hopefully someone will know of a way (if we are doing something wrong) or if not then hopefully it's something big S will add in a future OTA.
Yeah the Action Memo feature should have more intelligence to recognize specific details of what is written. Is there any more info on this matter?

Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

Samsung is coming back with its legendary phablet. The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 comes packed with the best of specs, featuring a 5.7-inch display, a Snapdragon 800 procesor, a 3200 mAh battery and all the specs you can expect from a top-end device.&nb... Read More

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 3