Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Like Tree38Likes

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old October 19th, 2013, 10:33 PM   #51 (permalink)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

I just received and installed this from Spigen.

Galaxy Note 3 Screen Protector GLAS.tR SLIM Premium Tempered Glass - Galaxy Note 3 - Galaxy Note - Samsung - Brands | SPIGEN SGP

It was pretty easy to put on, It can be pulled up pretty easily as well in case any lint gets trapped underneath during install. Now that it is on, it is not noticible at all. Little pricey, but worth it IMO.
rcaine likes this.

Advertisements
The Following User Says Thank You to jmeltzer For This Useful Post:
rawhide85 (December 17th, 2013)
sponsored links
Old October 19th, 2013, 10:42 PM   #52 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmeltzer View Post

Galaxy Note 3 Screen Protector GLAS.tR SLIM Premium Tempered Glass - Galaxy Note 3 - Galaxy Note - Samsung - Brands | SPIGEN SGP

It was pretty easy to put on, It can be pulled up pretty easily as well in case any lint gets trapped underneath during install. Now that it is on, it is not noticible at all. Little pricey, but worth it IMO.
Looks pretty good, but it is pricey. However, if it was easy enough to install it would probably be worth it. How easy did you find it to apply?
Old October 20th, 2013, 12:43 AM   #53 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 GT-P3113, Sony Google TV, Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Nextbook 7.
Carrier: Verizon

I've used lots of different screen protectors over the years, and was never completely happy with one until I got my Tab 2, and used a screen protector from this same company:

Amazon.com: Ionic Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Screen Protector Film Invisible (Clear) (3-pack): Cell Phones & Accessories

This one went on my N3, and it was very easy to get a bubble-free application.

It does not "kill the visibility of the screen" as one reviewer put it. If I handed you my N3, you wouldn't be able to tell it was there until you saw the cutouts for the sensors/camera.
Last edited by jwither; October 20th, 2013 at 12:46 AM.
Old October 20th, 2013, 03:58 AM   #54 (permalink)

Device(s): Evo

I have the Zagg HD. Works well with the pen and no bubbles. Best Buy salesman installed it. I have never been able to install one properly.
dustwun77 likes this.
Old October 20th, 2013, 04:27 AM   #55 (permalink)

Device(s): HTC One (M8), Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Samsung Galaxy S II, Google G1
Carrier: t-mobile

I'm fortunate in having a Ghost Armor kiosk in a regional mall nearby. They do great installations for me. I'm going this Friday to have it done.
Old October 20th, 2013, 09:07 AM   #56 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy Note 3. Retired: Blackberry, HTC Eris, Droid X, Galaxy Nexus and Iphone 4
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

I am still waiting on my tempered glass screen protector from iloome but here is the method I am going to use to install it. Thought I would post it. Maybe this will help some else .
Apply a Screen Protector Perfectly Every Time with the Hinge Method
The Following User Says Thank You to droidobsessed For This Useful Post:
toptobottom (October 20th, 2013)
Old October 20th, 2013, 09:11 AM   #57 (permalink)

Device(s): OnePlus One on 3 - UK

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00F4AT5VQ/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old October 20th, 2013, 10:06 AM   #58 (permalink)

Device(s): Note 3, Galaxy S3 (retired) DInc (retired)

@droidobsessed

Hey that YT vid was great because even though I've mastered screen protection installs over the past 5 years it is always a hassle to get that initial square-off. This is going to make it so easy, especially when you clean the crap out of the gorilla glass and tell everyone in your house not to frickin' move so as not to have lint & crap flyin' around. Then you slowly lay it down and there's that 1 piece of lint right in the freakin' middle that makes you have to lift the screen protector again to the midpoint so you can get the bugger out with a piece of tape.

Yup, this should make it a breeze for sure. Damn, I shouldn't say the word 'breeze' = lint!
droidobsessed likes this.
Old October 21st, 2013, 03:20 PM   #59 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontpanicbobby View Post
I'm fortunate in having a Ghost Armor kiosk in a regional mall nearby. They do great installations for me. I'm going this Friday to have it done.
Do they spray water on screen? I won't use any protector that requires wet installation.
Old October 21st, 2013, 07:15 PM   #60 (permalink)

Device(s):

I've done a boat load of screen protectors. None have been "easy" until I used the Iloom Flex for the N3. I was cautioned from Utube videos about once its on, it's hard to re install. I was careful to line up properly and it was a breeze, zero bubbles. It was truly amazing.
sponsored links
Old October 23rd, 2013, 10:27 AM   #61 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (current phone) Motorola RAZR HD MAXX (last phone, backup)

I always just have the crappy ones installed right when I buy the phone at the store. That way the phone is brand new, perfectly clean, and done by people that do them a ton. If you have a Best Buy and buy the screen protectors there, they will install them for you and do a great job. Same with a mall kiosk that sells them.

The crappy one I have on my phone right now is a finger print greasy smudge magnet and is driving me crazy. I would love to do just the naked gorilla glass but I'm petrified that a drop will break the glass. I think even a cheap protective cover will provide a little more resistance to cracking. I'm going to look at some of the links above, especially the Spigen. I just put on their Neo Hybrid case and it's very well made.
Old October 23rd, 2013, 01:25 PM   #62 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy Note III

Quote:
Originally Posted by recDNA View Post
Do they spray water on screen? I won't use any protector that requires wet installation.
I have installed wet installation screen protectors on more than 100 devices and have never had an issues. Also you spray the screen protector not the device. Just installed a Skinomi today on my N3 and so far so good.
Rixx247 likes this.
Old October 24th, 2013, 08:44 AM   #63 (permalink)

Device(s): White Galaxy Note 3, Motorola Bionic(retired), HTC Touch Pro 2 (retired)

Been reading a little about the Spigen GLAS.t Slim Nano. They have one for the S4, wonder if they are making one for the Note 3. Can't seems to make a solid choice between Spigen, MIME, Bodygaurdz, iLoome, and some others. no clear consensus.
Old October 24th, 2013, 08:54 AM   #64 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (current phone) Motorola RAZR HD MAXX (last phone, backup)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetguat View Post
Been reading a little about the Spigen GLAS.t Slim Nano. They have one for the S4, wonder if they are making one for the Note 3. Can't seems to make a solid choice between Spigen, MIME, Bodygaurdz, iLoome, and some others. no clear consensus.
Yes, they do make the GLAS.t for the Note 3. They sell them on Amazon or direct from Spigen for $34.99. They also make a new model called the GLAS.tR - the R stands for rounded edges which supposedly helps with chipping at the edges and is there latest and greatest development. $39.99 direct from Spigen with free shipping.

I just ordered one and I'll review it when it arrives. Yes, it's pricey, but if it gives me the superior tactile feel of the Gorilla Glass but provides me a layer protection (along with a little piece of mind) it will be well worth it!

Here's a direct link: http://www.spigen.com/brands/samsung/galaxy-note/galaxy-note-3/galaxy-note-3-glas-tr-slim-premium-tempered-glass.html
Old October 24th, 2013, 09:16 AM   #65 (permalink)

Device(s): SGN3 - Rooted Moto Photon-junk

iSmooth will be here tomorrow. I'd like to see one of the glass protectors in person before I spend that kind of money on one. If the iSmooth for the N3 is as good as it was on the N2, I'll need to be blown away by the glass protectors to actually invest in one.
Old October 24th, 2013, 10:26 AM   #66 (permalink)

Device(s): Note 3

I went with the Spigen Slim Armor case (Amazon.com: SPIGEN Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Case Protective [Slim Armor] [Metal Slate] Dual Layer Protective Case for Galaxy Note III - Metal Slate (SGP10457): Cell Phones & Accessories) and the Spigen GLAS t screen protector (Amazon.com: SPIGEN Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Screen Protector Glass [GLAS.t SLIM] Tempered Glass Screen Protector Clear for Galaxy Note III - GLAS.t SLIM: Cell Phones & Accessories). Perfect fit all-around, like they were engineered together. This beveled glass GLAS t is in a league all its own --- no distortion or reflection, great sensitivity, no pen nib offset, perfect adhesion to the whole screen, and the beveled edges make it look really slick. Pricey, but very happy with the purchase.
rcaine likes this.
Old October 24th, 2013, 01:54 PM   #67 (permalink)

Device(s): White Galaxy Note 3, Motorola Bionic(retired), HTC Touch Pro 2 (retired)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClean View Post
iSmooth will be here tomorrow. I'd like to see one of the glass protectors in person before I spend that kind of money on one. If the iSmooth for the N3 is as good as it was on the N2, I'll need to be blown away by the glass protectors to actually invest in one.
Got a link to the correct model on amazon? Or someplace?
Old October 24th, 2013, 01:57 PM   #68 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methos1979 View Post
Yes, they do make the GLAS.t for the Note 3. They sell them on Amazon or direct from Spigen for $34.99. They also make a new model called the GLAS.tR - the R stands for rounded edges which supposedly helps with chipping at the edges and is there latest and greatest development. $39.99 direct from Spigen with free shipping.

I just ordered one and I'll review it when it arrives. Yes, it's pricey, but if it gives me the superior tactile feel of the Gorilla Glass but provides me a layer protection (along with a little piece of mind) it will be well worth it!

Here's a direct link: Galaxy Note 3 Screen Protector GLAS.tR SLIM Premium Tempered Glass - Galaxy Note 3 - Galaxy Note - Samsung - Brands | SPIGEN SGP

read about the GLAS.t and the tR. Varying reports on the thickness, though generally the tR series seems thicker. They make a tank just none officially announced that I could find for the Note 3. That's the one I am interested in
Old October 24th, 2013, 02:02 PM   #69 (permalink)

Device(s):

But at the kiosk they tell you not to put the battery back in for 24 hrs. BTW, my last wet installation they DID spray the screen of my tbolt.

I have absolutely no dexterity so putting a protector on myself is out of the question so I wish a good dry installation were available at a kiosk. I'm not cheap (spent $700 to keep plan) but I expect perfection from a paid installation. If I wanted bubbles I could do it myself.
Last edited by recDNA; October 24th, 2013 at 02:07 PM.
Old October 24th, 2013, 02:25 PM   #70 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy Note III

Quote:
But at the kiosk they tell you not to put the battery back in for 24 hrs. BTW, my last wet installation they DID spray the screen of my tbolt.
Most of the devices I have done have been iPhones, I wonder what they tell them about removing the battery. Also, all the directions I have ever seen indicate the spray goes on the screen protector not the device. Attached is a pic of my Skinomi after a few days cured.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo.JPG (305.4 KB, 19 views)
sponsored links
Old October 24th, 2013, 03:13 PM   #71 (permalink)

Quote:
read about the GLAS.t and the tR. Varying reports on the thickness, though generally the tR series seems thicker. They make a tank just none officially announced that I could find for the Note 3. That's the one I am interested in
tank?
Old October 24th, 2013, 04:32 PM   #72 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methos1979 View Post
tank?
Smart phone auto correct. Spigen makes a slim nano. Just not heard of one for the Note 3
Old October 24th, 2013, 04:49 PM   #73 (permalink)

Device(s): Note 3, Huawei E586 MiFi
Carrier: Vodafone/Three/O2

Quote:
If I wanted bubbles I could do it myself.
This is a good motto for life.
toptobottom and rawhide85 like this.
Old October 24th, 2013, 06:14 PM   #74 (permalink)

Device(s): Note 3

I'm in the camp with the others who don't use screen protectors. I tried to install them on my other phone and it almost made me nuts (if that's possible). Finally gave up (after $1652.22) in wasted purchases as I could not live with the bubbles. Had that phone for 2 yrs before my Verizon contract was up and in the end the screen was perfect. I was just careful to not put keys or change in the pocket with the phone. That was easy for me as I have not had change in my pockets since banks came out with debit cards.

I do use a case, though. To protect the phone but more importantly for me was to make the phone thicker. I have no clue why all these mfg's keep bringing out thinner phones every year. I can barely pick them up now they're so thin.
Old October 24th, 2013, 08:29 PM   #75 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy Note 3. Retired: Blackberry, HTC Eris, Droid X, Galaxy Nexus and Iphone 4

My iloome tempered glass screen protector finally came today. I installed it using the hinge method. No decrease in screen sensitivity. Works fine with my Spigen Slim Armor case. Love it.
runamonk and rawhide85 like this.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to droidobsessed For This Useful Post:
KOLIO (October 29th, 2013), rawhide85 (December 17th, 2013), runamonk (October 29th, 2013)
Old October 24th, 2013, 09:27 PM   #76 (permalink)

Device(s): Note 3, Galaxy S3 (retired) DInc (retired)

Maybe you could consider this to protect your Note 3. Don't have to worry about no bubbles and it comes in handy when you least expect it!

Last edited by scary alien; November 3rd, 2013 at 01:47 PM. Reason: added hide tags
Old October 24th, 2013, 10:21 PM   #77 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by droidobsessed View Post
My iloome tempered glass screen protector finally came today. I installed it using the hinge method. No decrease in screen sensitivity. Works fine with my Spigen Slim Armor case. Love it.

The Note 3 version says to be 0.40mm on the iloome sire. One of the thicker protectors out there. Does it feel thick or heavy? Some commented that the Spigen glad.t feels heavy
Old October 24th, 2013, 11:22 PM   #78 (permalink)

Device(s): Ascend Mate2 / Find 7 / OPO / LG G3 / Nexus 5 & 7 / Note 3 / HTC M8
Carrier: AT&T and T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmeltzer View Post

I usually refrain from protectors but haven't tried glass. This one is appealing, the question is will it fit under the edges of my case or is it too narrow ?

I'm using this Spigen case

SPIGEN Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Case Protective [BOUNCE] [Black] Premium Soft TPU Case for Galaxy Note III - ECO-Friendly Packaging - Black (SGP10443):Amazon:Cell Phones & Accessories

Thanks
Old October 24th, 2013, 11:32 PM   #79 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy Note 3 VZW, Asus Transformer, RETIRED: Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy Nexus, Droid Bionic, Droid Incre

patience and a steamed bathroom (running hot water). that usually does the trick with most screen protectors.
Old October 24th, 2013, 11:51 PM   #80 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bi0nicman View Post
patience and a steamed bathroom (running hot water). that usually does the trick with most screen protectors.
It's important to be very careful around a steamy moist environment, it's easy to trigger the moisture detectors, turning them red and voiding your warranty.
sponsored links
Old October 25th, 2013, 01:17 AM   #81 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy N3, Samsung Galaxy S3 (HTC 3vo, HTC Evo 4g, Samsung Epic 4g, Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint

Just got my iloome screenmate flex in earlier on going to give it a day or two test run and ill let you guys no what i think of it. From the start though it is 100 times better then the zagg junk i had on my s3 before i toke it off.

So after using the iloome for a little bit i must say i love it

Not totally, he has a tall tell shimmer

If I have help you please hit that "Thanks" Button
Last edited by iPredator; October 26th, 2013 at 05:18 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to iPredator For This Useful Post:
KOLIO (October 29th, 2013)
Old October 25th, 2013, 05:56 AM   #82 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipred View Post
I usually refrain from protectors but haven't tried glass. This one is appealing, the question is will it fit under the edges of my case or is it too narrow ?

I'm using this Spigen case

SPIGEN Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Case Protective [BOUNCE] [Black] Premium Soft TPU Case for Galaxy Note III - ECO-Friendly Packaging - Black (SGP10443):Amazon:Cell Phones & Accessories

Thanks

Fitting under any case should not be an issue. The edges of the screen protector are tapered. I have tried a couple cases so far and no issues with any of them.
Old October 25th, 2013, 06:22 AM   #83 (permalink)
Accept no imitations!

Device(s): Note 3 (rooted & ROMmed), Galaxy Nexus (retired), OG Droid (retired)

Thanked 7,108 Times in 3,377 Posts

I used the Flexible Glass screen protector. I like it well enough, it doesn't interfere with the touch sensitivity at all, and gives me additional peace of mind.

But it is VERY unforgiving.

ONE little flaw and you're stuck with it. For example, I took great pains to clean the screen, assure everything was aligned and in pristine condition. BUT: between the moment I removed the adhesive and the moment it met the screen, a little bitty hair floated onto it. No way to notice it until it was too late. It's not much, maybe a centimeter in length... but it's still THERE. As are a couple of imperfections in the adhesive that appear to be bubbles but I know they're not. They're only visible with the screen off... but IS there a perfect application of a screen protector?

I'd be hesitant to say "yes"...

If I have helped you at all, please click the "Thanks" button
Forum Rules & Guidelines
Old October 25th, 2013, 07:12 AM   #84 (permalink)

Device(s):

You should have been anbe to pull the protector up and remove any dust with a piece of tape. I did that a few times until I get everything.
Old October 25th, 2013, 08:01 AM   #85 (permalink)

Quote:
The Note 3 version says to be 0.40mm on the iloome sire. One of the thicker protectors out there. Does it feel thick or heavy? Some commented that the Spigen glad.t feels heavy
I would not say heavy. More substantial/thicker than the cheap screen protectors I have used in the past. That is very subjective. I won't go back regular screen protectors after this.
Old October 25th, 2013, 08:39 AM   #86 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy S4,Galaxy S3,Galaxy S2 skyrocket, Samsung infuse, Galaxy note, Galaxy note 2.
Carrier: AT&T

One thing Ive started to do is go in the bathroom and turn the shower on hot. It seems to eliminate all the dust particles and make for a lot cleaner install. Worked for my S3,S4,N2 and Note 3.
KOLIO likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Veritas4420 For This Useful Post:
KOLIO (November 7th, 2013)
Old October 25th, 2013, 12:25 PM   #87 (permalink)

Default Ghost Armor installed today.

Quote:
Yes they do recDNA but it's not just water it's a cleaning fluid/water mix.

I had a great time today at the South Shore Plaza mall. Ryan Roach my Ghost Armor technician installed this great product for me. He first had me remove the back so I could take out the battery. After wiping the screen with a microfiber cloth Ryan sprayed the screen with solution, then the back of the protector and placed it on the screen. A few fine adjustments and some more solution on the front of the protector then the squeegee was vigorously applied. After that it was into the dryer for 10 minutes.

Right across from the Ghost Armor kiosk was a fine seating area with leather couches and chairs so my wait was very comfortable. Ryan gave me the high sign and we finished our transaction. Ryan explained that I should wait 15 minutes before using the phone and a day before I put the case back on.

The screen looks a little streaky when it's fresh out the dryer but Ryan assured me this would fade away. It did. The screen is now crystal clear and has a much softer feel to it. The s-pen functions haven't been affected at all.

Once again I highly recommend this product and wish to give Ryan his props for his courteous and professional service.
Old October 28th, 2013, 05:08 PM   #88 (permalink)

Default Spigen GLAStR screen protector review

I received my Spigen GLAStR screen protector and installed it. First let me say as with all Spigen products it appears to be well made and well packaged. For those that do not know what this is, it is a screen protector made of tempered glass. It is quite thick and rigid. It boasts a 9H hardness factor and is designed to resist scratches while offering the same tactile feel of the phones Glorilla Glass. It is not unbreakable. However, if it does break it is designed to shatter but maintain itself as a single piece due to a special coating (think of a car windshield).

I bought this screen protector as a replacement to the crappy plastic one I had installed at the Verizon store when I bought my GN3 two weeks ago. While it did the job, the tactile feel was less than great and it gathered greasy fingerprints like nobody's business and drove me crazy. I would love to just go with the plain Gorilla Glass but I'm paranoid about breaking it, even though I rarely drop my phones (although I have dropped every one I've owned in the past a least once!).

I already have a Spigen Neo Hyrid case on the phone and so I'm well acquainted with Spigen's quality product. The packaging was very nice and came with the usual tools needed for a successful installation - alcohol swab, microfiber cloth, squeegee, instructions, glass screen. The screen itself is quite thick and I can see how it would provide great protection.

I followed instructions to a T even performing the process in a controlled clean room environment where I work in full clean room garb. Everything seemed to go very well, just as the instructions stated. However, there seem to be two areas that are not adhering as advertised. The lower left corner will not seat in an area about the size of my pinky fingernail and worse, an area in the upper left corner about a half inch down and about an inch and a half to the right, cutting up right about the G in Samsung.

There was nothing on the screen. It was very clean since I had the old screen protector on there from day one. Even so, I cleaned off the screen with alcohol and microfiber wipe like I was supposed to. It almost seems like there is no 'adhesive' material in those areas.

This screen protector is VERY expensive. $39.99. Most people would not even consider that at that price and I don't blame them. Truth be told, I always just bought the cheap plastic ones and refused to pay for the 'nicer' plastic ones because they were too expensive at $20. But I figured I'd gamble on this one. Had the installation process gone better I would not have felt bad about the price since the tactile feel of the glass screen is excellent. It's also VERY clear and works flawlessly with finger swiping.

I've sent an email to the company to see what went wrong and if there is a way to fix this. The directions do not recommend 'reusing' this screen protector and so I'm loathe to pull it up and try again until I hear back from them. I'll keep this thread posted as to what happens once I hear back from them. The directions also said that "small bubbles should disappear in a couple days" so I'm hoping maybe these two surfaces will re-seat in a couple days but these are far from 'small bubbles'!

In the interim, I cannot recommend this product at this time.
Last edited by Methos1979; October 28th, 2013 at 05:14 PM.
Old October 28th, 2013, 05:11 PM   #89 (permalink)

Device(s): Note 3, Huawei E586 MiFi
Carrier: Vodafone/Three/O2

Is the Note 3 screen Gorilla glass?
Old October 28th, 2013, 05:35 PM   #90 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon_Gardner View Post
I don't think it's been confirmed. It could be dragontrail.

As for the adhesive, that seems to be the norm on first application of tempered glass protectors. It looks like bubbling and doesn't adhere. This has happened to me using Spigen's Glas.t for the Note and Seidio's Vitreo on the Note 2. However, I use the silicone squeegee and push it outward every now and then. The bubbles did disappear after a few hours on both (and the Vitreo's bubbling was the size of a nickel). I have a bit of OCD and it did bother me during those hours as I would usually apply the squeegee to it.
sponsored links
Old October 28th, 2013, 07:56 PM   #91 (permalink)

Device(s):

I'm using the same case and screen protector. Mine is entirely/clearly adhered now after 10 (I think) days. Initially there were just 2 small bubbles that have disappeared. I like it. It feels great and says clean. Your bubbles however sound much larger than I would think is expected. I did use the squeegee quite a bit.

As far as the case goes, I got the champagne color, it looks pretty sharp.
Old October 28th, 2013, 08:58 PM   #92 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon_Gardner View Post
Sadly no.... or Maybe... see below. Yet the Samsung S4 does. So much for logic.

CORNING® GORILLA® GLASS | Full Product List (new)
Old October 29th, 2013, 12:44 AM   #93 (permalink)

had been considering the GLAS.tR. well probably the GLAS.t slim over the .tR since its thinner. But I'm leary about both now after reading more than a few mixed reviews. Thinking about taking a change on the iLoome Flex. its its not good.. i'd only be out about $16. I have the Spigen Slim Armour. Really like the case. But customer service, is non-existent with them is seems.
Old October 29th, 2013, 01:03 AM   #94 (permalink)
U Just Luv My OPPOstyle

Device(s): 1+1 | OPPO FIND 7 | OPPO N1 | SAMSUNG GEAR 2/FIT | CHROMECAST
Carrier: T-MOBILE

Thanked 1,944 Times in 1,428 Posts

XTREME GUARD currently has a sale.
You can actually use two discount codes to get a screen protector &/or body skin (only items available for the GN3 ATM).
Discount codes are good for all items on their website:

SPOOK80 & SAMSUNG10 will get you both the screen protector & body skin for less than $2.00 w/free shipping.
Old October 29th, 2013, 11:40 AM   #95 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Carrier: 3

I've ordered the iloome tempered glass protectors for my new note 3 (Ordered) and the Note 2 that will be going to the wife; you should see what she did to my old Galaxy Nexus, totally shattered the glass screen lol.
Old October 29th, 2013, 12:01 PM   #96 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOLIO View Post
XTREME GUARD currently has a sale.
You can actually use two discount codes to get a screen protector &/or body skin (only items available for the GN3 ATM).
Discount codes are good for all items on their website:

SPOOK80 & SAMSUNG10 will get you both the screen protector & body skin for less than $2.00 w/free shipping.
$1.98

Thank you!
Old October 29th, 2013, 04:54 PM   #97 (permalink)

I had my Ghost Armor installed last Friday and I'm loving it. Very fingerprint resistant. I posted about my experience having it installed in this thread http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-note-3/784854-what-easiest-apply-screen-protector-device.html
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dontpanicbobby For This Useful Post:
KOLIO (November 3rd, 2013), rawhide85 (December 17th, 2013)
Old October 29th, 2013, 07:56 PM   #98 (permalink)

Device(s):
Carrier: ):

Thanked 1,155 Times in 639 Posts

Quote:
I have the Spigen Slim Armour. Really like the case. But customer service, is non-existent with them is seems.
Their customer service has been top notch for a long while, in all my many dealings with them under a few different company/product names. I haven't made a purchase in some time, so it could have changed but I'm not sure. (my only continuing problem has been that they limit their product lines on a per device basis, but they have always been pretty up front and courteous about it when asked if they are going to build for a device)
What is the problem you are experiencing?

In response to the original topic; I recall reading about the same exact problem of weak/bad adhesive or no adhesive in spots on the .tR for the Galaxy S3, Note 2, and other models when they were first released. The company was quick to deliver refund/revised replacements to those affected... The curved screen of the S3 and Note 2 exacerbated the weak adhesive problem.
It has been a day, has the glass settled in at all and bubbles worked out?
Last edited by PyroSporker; October 29th, 2013 at 08:00 PM.
Old October 30th, 2013, 11:35 PM   #99 (permalink)

Device(s):
Carrier: ):

Thanked 1,155 Times in 639 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOLIO View Post
However, I'm not going to install just yet, as I'm awaiting delivery of this:

Welcome to Liquid Glass Protection - Crystalusion
Did you install the crystalusion yet? When you posted about it, it made me curious about it. Probably a tough application. Seems like one spot from a fingerprint (oil) could leave an area that the product would not treat/adhere to correctly.
I'd definitely glove up for that application.
Old October 31st, 2013, 03:07 AM   #100 (permalink)
U Just Luv My OPPOstyle

Device(s): 1+1 | OPPO FIND 7 | OPPO N1 | SAMSUNG GEAR 2/FIT | CHROMECAST
Carrier: T-MOBILE

Thanked 1,944 Times in 1,428 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyroSporker View Post
Did you install the crystalusion yet? When you posted about it, it made me curious about it. Probably a tough application. Seems like one spot from a fingerprint (oil) could leave an area that the product would not treat/adhere to correctly.
I'd definitely glove up for that application.
Waiting until this weekend,when I finally will have the time to sleep-in & let the application set-up/put the phone down overnight (8hrs recommended,although the mfg says you can start using as soon as 5 minutes after application).
rawhide85 likes this.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KOLIO For This Useful Post:
PyroSporker (October 31st, 2013), rawhide85 (December 17th, 2013)

Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

Samsung is coming back with its legendary phablet. The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 comes packed with the best of specs, featuring a 5.7-inch display, a Snapdragon 800 procesor, a 3200 mAh battery and all the specs you can expect from a top-end device.&nb... Read More

Tags
flex, iloome, note 3, note iii, screenmate

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 3