Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By jboku
  • 1 Post By jwither
  • 1 Post By jwither

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old October 13th, 2013, 11:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default Random Screen Saver Appearing???

Okay this is driving me crazy and I don't know how to replicate it. There have been a few times where I pull my phone out or pick it up after not using it for a few minutes and I see a screen on it that shows the time and if i've missed calls. The background is dark and it looks a little blue like it has some bubbles coming up in the background. By the time I pickup the phone it's gone. It's not charging so it's not daydreaming. I don't know what it is or how to replicate it. I actually like it and wish I knew how to make it come back. How does this work? What is it? lol

Thanks
FlyingPigL likes this.

The Following User Says Thank You to jboku For This Useful Post:
FlyingPigL (October 14th, 2013)
sponsored links
Old October 13th, 2013, 11:17 PM   #2 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Samsung Galaxy S II, Google G1
Carrier: t-mobile

That sounds like you're looking at the Lock Screen with one of the Live Wallpapers included with the Note 3. If you tap on the Settings Button you can customize your lock screen a bit. I wasn't aware you could use Live Wallpapers though. I'll have to give it a try.
Old October 13th, 2013, 11:20 PM   #3 (permalink)

Device(s):

The lockscreen and homescreens can be set to have different wallpapers, so you likely have that set as your lock screen wallpaper.

edit: jwither's post is more likely.
Last edited by Chango99; October 14th, 2013 at 12:01 AM.
Old October 13th, 2013, 11:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
Emotionless Ogre

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 GT-P3113, Sony Google TV, Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Nextbook 7.
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jboku View Post
Okay this is driving me crazy and I don't know how to replicate it. There have been a few times where I pull my phone out or pick it up after not using it for a few minutes and I see a screen on it that shows the time and if i've missed calls. The background is dark and it looks a little blue like it has some bubbles coming up in the background. By the time I pickup the phone it's gone. It's not charging so it's not daydreaming. I don't know what it is or how to replicate it. I actually like it and wish I knew how to make it come back. How does this work? What is it? lol

Thanks
It's called "Quick glance", under Motions and gestures, Air gesture. It won't work if the phone is charging/docked. Hit the sleep button then "approach the screen with your hand" You'll see the blue LED, then the screen will appear.
FlyingPigL likes this.
Last edited by jwither; October 13th, 2013 at 11:59 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to jwither For This Useful Post:
Old October 14th, 2013, 12:33 PM   #5 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwither View Post
It's called "Quick glance", under Motions and gestures, Air gesture. It won't work if the phone is charging/docked. Hit the sleep button then "approach the screen with your hand" You'll see the blue LED, then the screen will appear.
Yes this is it! Thank you!
Old October 14th, 2013, 12:51 PM   #6 (permalink)

Device(s): AT&T Galaxy Note 3 Nexus 7 (2012)

Cool How do you ... ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwither View Post
How did you know this? Did you read the manual end-to-end and remember every detail? I'm trying to do that, but it's a very effective insomnia-buster

Thanks - I was sort of wondering what marvelous undiscovered feature of my phone did this.
Old October 14th, 2013, 01:03 PM   #7 (permalink)
Emotionless Ogre

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 GT-P3113, Sony Google TV, Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Nextbook 7.
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingPigL View Post
How did you know this? Did you read the manual end-to-end and remember every detail? I'm trying to do that, but it's a very effective insomnia-buster

Thanks - I was sort of wondering what marvelous undiscovered feature of my phone did this.
No, I saw the funky screen too. I knew it had something to do with hand gestures, because I only saw it when I pulled the phone out of my pocket. Then I read the section in the manual for motions and gestures. :P
FlyingPigL likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to jwither For This Useful Post:

Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

Samsung is coming back with its legendary phablet. The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 comes packed with the best of specs, featuring a 5.7-inch display, a Snapdragon 800 procesor, a 3200 mAh battery and all the specs you can expect from a top-end device.&nb... Read More

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 3