Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mbgrove

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old October 19th, 2013, 09:55 AM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default issues with Lg tone+ and note 3

It's anyone having issues with the hbs-730 (lg tone+) headset and their galaxy note 2 or note 3?

I've been having connection issues with the newer lg tone+ . I'll be talking and suddenly the person on the other end can't hear me. The headset says it's still connected but the other person can't hear me. To fix the issue, I usually have press the green headset icon twice... switching from headset to handset and back.

The bad part is I never had issues with the older lg tone plus. But they don't sell the older lg tones anymore.

Does anyone have any suggestions or alternatives to the lg tone+ ?

The Following User Says Thank You to bluephi1914 For This Useful Post:
crusader666 (April 9th, 2014)
sponsored links
Old October 20th, 2013, 01:49 PM   #2 (permalink)

Device(s):

Default Same Issue

I am having the same issue! I've gone through 3 headsets and they all work for a couple of days, then the issue starts. Additionally, pressing the switch headset buttons doesn't work for me; my phone seems to be frozen during the call itself.

If anyone has any info on this, I'd appreciate it!
Old October 21st, 2013, 12:35 AM   #3 (permalink)

Device(s):

I have the 730's too. Mine do it too, its the bluetooth range. Lots of bad reviews about the range. So I upgraded to the older model 700's. Didnt get them in yet to test but i think they will solve my problem
Old October 21st, 2013, 01:09 AM   #4 (permalink)

Device(s): G Note 3 Sprint (Jet Black), MoPhoQ Sprint, Mopho Sprint & G Note 8.0 Wi-fi
Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 2,633 Times in 1,760 Posts

This isn't good to hear since I just bought one of these. I wasn't planning on using this with the note 3, but definitely want to hear the resolution if any.
Old October 21st, 2013, 11:13 AM   #5 (permalink)

Device(s):

I have the same headset. In general, it's great. But...

I had the original and didn't have any problems with it at all except the fact that, after wrestling with my kids several times too many, I got a short in both sides.

So, I figured I'd get the new and improved version.

I previously had an iPhone 5 and never had ANY connectivity issues with the original, but got a lot more "weirdness" with the new one. And, as noted, sometimes the other person just couldn't hear me at all. ?? I would have to switch to the phone and back to the headset and then I'd be fine.

I have yet to have that particular issue with my Note 3. I have, however, gotten some of the same "weirdness" during phone calls I had with the iPhone 5. (Weirdness encompassing where it sounds like the other person is having the doppler effect or that they are underwater or something. It always comes back, just sounds weird for a bit.)

I haven't had any problems with listening to music. It's "only" during calls that I have any problems.

So, my suggestion would also be to buy the original version. (You can still get them on Amazon.)

Michael
drexappeal likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to mbgrove For This Useful Post:
drexappeal (October 21st, 2013)
Old October 21st, 2013, 03:49 PM   #6 (permalink)

Device(s): S3, Evo LTE,Galaxy Note, Skyrocket, Aria, Nook Color Lg thrill,HTC EVO 4g, HTC Inspire,S7 slim,Acer

Thanked 1,467 Times in 989 Posts

I have the previous tones and have no issues. Thinking of buying another of the 7 00's online or Frys I think has them
Old October 21st, 2013, 04:08 PM   #7 (permalink)

Device(s): G Note 3 Sprint (Jet Black), MoPhoQ Sprint, Mopho Sprint & G Note 8.0 Wi-fi
Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 2,633 Times in 1,760 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ed View Post
I have the previous tones and have no issues. Thinking of buying another of the 7 00's online or Frys I think has them
For those that want to go back to the original:

LG Tone Wireless Bluetooth Stereo Headset - Black (Refurbished) - $34.95
The Following User Says Thank You to drexappeal For This Useful Post:
Mr. Ed (October 21st, 2013)
Old October 21st, 2013, 11:03 PM   #8 (permalink)

Device(s):

Pretty sure amazon has the 700 Amazon.com: LG Electronics HBS-700W Wireless Bluetooth Stereo Headset - Retail Packaging - White/Orange: Cell Phones & Accessories

I have no issues with the 700. The 730 has issues with bluetooth connectivity and range, so it might be the 730 that's the problem.
Old October 22nd, 2013, 12:24 AM   #9 (permalink)

Device(s):

I have the 700 too. Been testing it on the note 3 and been working great. Highly recommended.
Old January 15th, 2014, 10:49 PM   #10 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluephi1914 View Post
It's anyone having issues with the hbs-730 (lg tone+) headset and their galaxy note 2 or note 3?

I've been having connection issues with the newer lg tone+ . I'll be talking and suddenly the person on the other end can't hear me. The headset says it's still connected but the other person can't hear me. To fix the issue, I usually have press the green headset icon twice... switching from headset to handset and back.

The bad part is I never had issues with the older lg tone plus. But they don't sell the older lg tones anymore.

Does anyone have any suggestions or alternatives to the lg tone+ ?
I'm having the exact same problem with my note 3. I love the head set but going to have to return them =(
sponsored links
Old April 9th, 2014, 06:19 PM   #11 (permalink)

Device(s): ATT Note 3 running 4.3

My LG Tone+ worked fabulously with the Galaxy S4 phone running a few different versions of the Android OS, even KitKat 4.4.2. Used while walking and at my home office and at night for hours on end to listen to music, audio books, make/receive phone calls.

For some reason, this LG headset device is NOT fully compatible with Galaxy Note 3 running 4.3 Jelly Bean, so music works fine but NO PHONE CALLS can be made or received using the headset, which really bites. Hoping the soon-to-come OTA KitKat on AT&T will fix the problem. In the meantime, I have to use a Jawbone Icon for wireless calls, which really sucks.

Spent over an hour today on this issue with AT&T Tech Support, two techs at Samsung, and someone at LG. Tried all the suggestions, safe mode testing, but no way to hear calls on the wireless device (at least not for me), so it appears not to be a defective Note 3, which I just received and set up yesterday.

Any other experiences people have (or solutions) would be swell. I am not (nor will I ever be) rooted.
Old April 13th, 2014, 08:27 PM   #12 (permalink)

Device(s):

crusader, same problem here. ever get this fixed?
Old Yesterday, 09:43 PM   #13 (permalink)

Device(s):

Default Couldn't get note 3 connected to lg hbs730

I couldn't get my note 3 connected to lg hbs730. I updated my Phone to kit kat 4.4 and now I can hear my phone calls.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

Samsung is coming back with its legendary phablet. The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 comes packed with the best of specs, featuring a 5.7-inch display, a Snapdragon 800 procesor, a 3200 mAh battery and all the specs you can expect from a top-end device.&nb... Read More

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 3