Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By zipred

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old November 1st, 2013, 10:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default Samsung WatchON

The Samsung WatchON app keeps crashing and freezing my Note3. A window keeps popping up telling me that unfortunately it has stopped. I do not even know what this is. What is this? Is it crashing for you?

Thanks.

sponsored links
Old November 1st, 2013, 10:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
Emotionless Ogre

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 GT-P3113, Sony Google TV, Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Nextbook 7.
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanw View Post
The Samsung WatchON app keeps crashing and freezing my Note3. A window keeps popping up telling me that unfortunately it has stopped. I do not even know what this is. What is this? Is it crashing for you?

Thanks.
Latest version of Samsung's Peel app, a remote control using the IR blaster, for controlling your home theater components, TV, etc.

Also shows what is on TV, depending on your location and Cable/Satellite/local channels.

If you open it via the app drawer, sometimes located in a Samsung folder, then set it up, it won't crash anymore. Might also stop crashing if you download the latest update via the Play Store.

Other option is to go to Settings, App mgr, and turn it off.
Old November 2nd, 2013, 02:55 PM   #3 (permalink)

Device(s):

I've used it several times and it hasn't crashed on me yet.
Old November 2nd, 2013, 02:59 PM   #4 (permalink)
Emotionless Ogre

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 GT-P3113, Sony Google TV, Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Nextbook 7.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0really View Post
I've used it several times and it hasn't crashed on me yet.
This was one of the most common issues right after release, and was affecting lots of people.

I've not heard of anyone having an issue once they started using it. Just needed to be opened the first time, and set up, then it was fine.

Or, turned off.
Last edited by jwither; November 2nd, 2013 at 03:02 PM.
Old November 2nd, 2013, 05:28 PM   #5 (permalink)

Device(s): Nexus 5 / 7 -- followed by Note 3 / Experia Z1s
Carrier: AT&T and T-Mobile

As mentioned in earlier posts, it either needs to be activated or turned off. That will fix the OP's issue.

In my case I just happen to have three new Samsung Smart TV's. WatchON works extremely well, much better than I anticipated. I almost didn't try it because I'm already setup in the home theater, then I thought why not? Just to see how well it worked.

This is one highly useful smartphone. Many of the latest features the press, writers & bloggers called gimmicks are not that at all. One simply must learn how to use them.

Intuitive by nature, they've certainly extinguished my initial skepticism. This Note 3 is very well thought out.
KOLIO likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to zipred For This Useful Post:
KOLIO (November 2nd, 2013)
Old November 2nd, 2013, 06:22 PM   #6 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Moto RAZR MAXX, OG DROD
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

I never completed the set u p. It'll crash once in a while. Main use for it is at work the lunchroom has 2 Samsung TV on ota signal. Very handy
Old November 2nd, 2013, 07:25 PM   #7 (permalink)

Device(s): Note III

I use it all the time, i'm in Tampa FL and have brighthouse. On the Verizon N3 it works great, never crashes or freezes. I like it a lot, controls tv and cable box.
Old November 2nd, 2013, 09:10 PM   #8 (permalink)

Device(s):

I can't get it to work well with my westinghouse tv
Old November 2nd, 2013, 10:03 PM   #9 (permalink)

Device(s): Note 3
Carrier: AT&T

I set mine up and it works most of the time, once in awhile it crashes but hey it works. If your tv or device is not found just email them and they will add your device. I sent them an email about one of my televisions and sent them the manual and they added it within a few days.

email them about the crashing and the might be able to help. help@peel.com
Last edited by michaelwy; November 2nd, 2013 at 10:06 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to michaelwy For This Useful Post:
toptobottom (November 3rd, 2013)
Old November 3rd, 2013, 01:41 AM   #10 (permalink)
AF Contributor

Device(s): HTC ONE M8 | LG G-FLEX/G-PAD 8.3 | LG GOOGLE TV G3 | SAMSUNG GEAR FIT | QUALCOMM TOQ | CHROMECAST
Carrier: T-MOBILE

Thanked 1,530 Times in 1,145 Posts
Default GN3 vs HTC ONE I/R Blaster

The I/R Blaster (WATCH ON) has become a must-have feature on my phones from here on out.

While this actually works,SAMSUNG shoulda took a look-see @ HTC's implementation & functionality of a smartphone I/R Blaster. It was easily one of my top 3 features on that device.It worked just as well,if not better,than the OEM (SAMSUNG,coincidentally) TV Remote.

While the HTC ONE I/R Blaster works flawlessly,even when causually pointed in the direction of the TV,I'm finding that this one only works if it is pointed squarely in the direction of the TV,anything less is a no-go.

I'd give this feature a 3.5 on a 1 out of 5 scale.

Hopefully,a software update can somehow increase the strength/sensitivity of the I/R Blaster.
sponsored links
Old November 3rd, 2013, 05:09 PM   #11 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 3 white 32gb +64gb SD Ultra.
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOLIO View Post
The I/R Blaster (WATCH ON) has become a must-have feature on my phones from here on out.

While this actually works,SAMSUNG shoulda took a look-see @ HTC's implementation & functionality of a smartphone I/R Blaster. It was easily one of my top 3 features on that device.It worked just as well,if not better,than the OEM (SAMSUNG,coincidentally) TV Remote.

While the HTC ONE I/R Blaster works flawlessly,even when causually pointed in the direction of the TV,I'm finding that this one only works if it is pointed squarely in the direction of the TV,anything less is a no-go.

I'd give this feature a 3.5 on a 1 out of 5 scale.

Hopefully,a software update can somehow increase the strength/sensitivity of the I/R Blaster.
I actually love the need to point it exactly at the device you want to control for it to work. I have a lot of ir devices that share the same frequency, and it just works well for me. I'm very happy that it's this way for my setup, but could understand why it would not be liked by others. I also view an IR blaster as a must have feature, for me, from now on my future phones. Being able to control my whole house's light setup, with one controller, from my PHONE, is just awesome...add the additional controlling abilities of all the tvs and peripherals, and it's just the perfect man's device. I frikin love it!

Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

Samsung is coming back with its legendary phablet. The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 comes packed with the best of specs, featuring a 5.7-inch display, a Snapdragon 800 procesor, a 3200 mAh battery and all the specs you can expect from a top-end device.&nb... Read More

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 3