Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old November 2nd, 2013, 09:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Question Switching From IOS to Android

Hello, like i said in my introduction i got a note 3 and i wish to be able to take advantage of most of the ios back up, contacts and settings (apps accounts, etc). So here is my questions:

1) How i can get the most out of my ios backup in general, apps, contacts etc...

2)I have all my music organized in itunes, including album art, lyrics and selected songs to sync with my phone. Which is the best program to administrate my phone now and how i make sure all these organization does not get messed up?

3) Any other tips about switching from IOS to the latest Android are welcomed!

sponsored links
Old November 2nd, 2013, 09:42 PM   #2 (permalink)
Premium Guide Member

Device(s): | Droid Maxx | Droid Bionic | Droid X |
Carrier: vzw

Thanked 2,179 Times in 1,440 Posts

Welcome to android Forums. I moved your questions (thread) to the area (forum) dedicated to discussing your phone. I'm sure there are a number of users who made the same decision you did that will gladly help.

... Thom

Old November 3rd, 2013, 10:15 AM   #3 (permalink)

Device(s): SGN3 - Rooted Moto Photon-junk
Carrier: Verizon

I've only used Easy Phone Sync to get my itunes stuff on my Android phone. I know there are other programs, but this one does what I need and works well.
Old November 3rd, 2013, 11:39 AM   #4 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy Nexus, OG Droid
Carrier: vzw

1) Some stuff, like contacts can be moved to your google account, which will then sync to your phone. Apps and their data, you'll mostly have to start from scratch except for things that involve accounts synced in the cloud you may be able to restore when signing in. I doubt that there's much in your ios backup that will be compatible though.

2) You can use third party software, as MrClean said, there are several options and some may depend on your computer platform- Mac? Windows? Linux?

You don't really need them though as you can simply plug your phone into the computer, create a 'Music' folder within either the internal memory or sd card, then drag and drop the music files from your computer's itunes storage location to the folder on your phone. That's how I do it using my windows 7 laptop anyway, I find it to be easier than messing with extra software. It's your choice.

3) Read as much as you can on this and the other android specific forums, and ask lots of questions.

Welcome! You won't be disappointed!
Old November 4th, 2013, 03:19 AM   #5 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

Thanks for the answers now i have more specific questions.

@Mr clean This program you mentioned will sync all with an android phone including, album art, lyrucs and selected songs from itunes?

About my second question i just want to know if google play is better than itunes (performance, interface and organizacion) and if it will read all the lyrics and album art i added using itunes to my mp3 files.
Last edited by preguntonontrack; November 4th, 2013 at 03:58 AM.
Old November 4th, 2013, 10:41 AM   #6 (permalink)

Device(s): Nexus 5 / 7 -- followed by Note 3 / Experia Z1s
Carrier: AT&T and T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by preguntonontrack View Post
Hello, like i said in my introduction i got a note 3 and i wish to be able to take advantage of most of the ios back up, contacts and settings (apps accounts, etc). So here is my questions:

1) How i can get the most out of my ios backup in general, apps, contacts etc...

2)I have all my music organized in itunes, including album art, lyrics and selected songs to sync with my phone. Which is the best program to administrate my phone now and how i make sure all these organization does not get messed up?

3) Any other tips about switching from IOS to the latest Android are welcomed!
I use both Android and iOS platforms, as well as having a vast iTunes library. These two play nice together, it's easy.

Here's Mac and PC versions of iSyncr for iTunes. Contacts and Calendars export from Mac to Android very easily, just see Google Help.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jrtstudio.iSyncr4Mac&hl=en&referrer =utm_source%3Dgoogle%26utm_medium%3Dorganic%26utm_ term%3Disyncr+for+mac

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jrtstudio.iSyncr&hl=en&referrer=utm _source%3Dgoogle%26utm_medium%3Dorganic%26utm_term %3Dapp+isyncr

There's lots of good advice if you browse this forum as well.
Old December 24th, 2013, 07:18 AM   #7 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

So following zipred reply... I should stay with itunes and use isyncr? or there is a better option? Using isyncr will sync my selected songs in itunes?

@thegreen I am on Windows 8.1.

Another newbie question i asked in the At&T section. Is rooted tether do-able right now?

and what is the note 3 background/wallpaper resolution?
Last edited by preguntonontrack; December 24th, 2013 at 07:21 AM.
Old December 24th, 2013, 04:36 PM   #8 (permalink)

Device(s): Note 3, Huawei E586 MiFi
Carrier: Vodafone/Three/O2

Quote:
what is the note 3 background/wallpaper resolution?
1920 x 1080
Old December 24th, 2013, 06:07 PM   #9 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon_Gardner View Post
1920 x 1080
I think i should have asked in a more detailed way. even thought note3 is mostly displayed vertically the wallpaper must be 1920x 1080 or it is 1080x1920?

Still need to know if using itunes with solve my worries/doubts in syncing music with he note 3.

also if someone can point me to a good actual rooting tutorial?
Last edited by preguntonontrack; December 24th, 2013 at 06:31 PM.
Old December 25th, 2013, 01:37 AM   #10 (permalink)

Device(s): Note 3, Huawei E586 MiFi
Carrier: Vodafone/Three/O2

Quote:
Quote:
1920 x 1080
I think i should have asked in a more detailed way. even thought note3 is mostly displayed vertically the wallpaper must be 1920x 1080 or it is 1080x1920?
Quite right 1080 x 1920. If you want to minimize file size and just use the least number of pixels.

Otherwise, just use that ratio [1:1.77777777777778]. I tend to bother reducing wallpaper images to that pixel size and I've automated it pretty much so I don't have to think about it.
sponsored links
Old December 25th, 2013, 08:55 AM   #11 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

Quote:
Quite right 1080 x 1920. If you want to minimize file size and just use the least number of pixels.

Otherwise, just use that ratio [1:1.77777777777778]. I tend to bother reducing wallpaper images to that pixel size and I've automated it pretty much so I don't have to think about it.
Thanks a lot.

If anyone got any rooting advice or tutorials ill be grateful same as tethering in att.
Old January 30th, 2014, 05:53 PM   #12 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

If i update my note 3 to kit kat will i loose all tha note 3 features (airgestures etc) and s pen features?

and what is the equivalent to itunes from google?
Last edited by preguntonontrack; January 30th, 2014 at 06:00 PM.
Old January 31st, 2014, 11:07 AM   #13 (permalink)

Device(s):

If you update your phone via Kies (Samsungs desktop software) or via OTA you'll keep the Note 3 features. I believe the software updates go from Google to the handset manufacturer to the carrier then back to Google for the final ok. It's why Android updates take so long to come out, but the bottom line is Samsung will stick all their features (S-Pen etc.) into the update.
I'm on my 6th Android phone and have always used iTunes because I use iSyncr. I've looked at other options but never switched.
Useless bit of information for you - Because of iSyncr, I was wirelessly syncing my Android to iTunes before the iPhone could lol
Old February 2nd, 2014, 03:54 PM   #14 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul7876 View Post
If you update your phone via Kies (Samsungs desktop software) or via OTA you'll keep the Note 3 features. I believe the software updates go from Google to the handset manufacturer to the carrier then back to Google for the final ok. It's why Android updates take so long to come out, but the bottom line is Samsung will stick all their features (S-Pen etc.) into the update.
I'm on my 6th Android phone and have always used iTunes because I use iSyncr. I've looked at other options but never switched.
Useless bit of information for you - Because of iSyncr, I was wirelessly syncing my Android to iTunes before the iPhone could lol

Hhaha thanks. I will try double twist first and downloaded kies for phone management. You know if backing up with kies will let me use the back up if switch to another phone later like the "HTC 2015 super maximum phone 2." (for example?
Old February 2nd, 2014, 04:13 PM   #15 (permalink)

Device(s):

I'm not sure as I never use kies, but as it's a Samsung thing I wouldn't count on it supporting phones from other manufacturers :-)

Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

Samsung is coming back with its legendary phablet. The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 comes packed with the best of specs, featuring a 5.7-inch display, a Snapdragon 800 procesor, a 3200 mAh battery and all the specs you can expect from a top-end device.&nb... Read More

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 3