Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 3

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old November 7th, 2013, 08:44 AM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Verizon N3
Carrier: Not Provided

Default Verizon Note 3 force close issues

I purchased my Verizon N3 on launch day, I am not rooted and completely stock. Today and yesterday my alarm clock didn't go off for work, when I looked at my phone it said something along the lines of, "clock has stopped responding, wait or close." When I woke up, my phone alerted me that I had two pending voice mails, when I tried to listen to them they would not play. I finally gave up and when I looked back at my phone 5 minutes later it said something along the lines of Voice mail has stopped responding, wait or close." I pulled the battery out of the phone (soft reset?) and booted it back up and the voice mails play with no problem, however, I hardly believe that this should be a solution.

Anyone else with these issues? I attempted to install the new hangouts V2 to use SMS when the apk leaked from the Nexus 5 announcement but quickly uninstalled it when it began force closing when sending or receiving MMS. I wouldn't expect that to be the problem. Any advice or insight?

Advertisements
sponsored links
Old November 7th, 2013, 02:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
Wasn't Me

Device(s): NOTE II
Carrier: The NOW Network

Quote:
Originally Posted by sessman View Post
I purchased my Verizon N3 on launch day, I am not rooted and completely stock. Today and yesterday my alarm clock didn't go off for work, when I looked at my phone it said something along the lines of, "clock has stopped responding, wait or close." When I woke up, my phone alerted me that I had two pending voice mails, when I tried to listen to them they would not play. I finally gave up and when I looked back at my phone 5 minutes later it said something along the lines of Voice mail has stopped responding, wait or close." I pulled the battery out of the phone (soft reset?) and booted it back up and the voice mails play with no problem, however, I hardly believe that this should be a solution.

Anyone else with these issues? I attempted to install the new hangouts V2 to use SMS when the apk leaked from the Nexus 5 announcement but quickly uninstalled it when it began force closing when sending or receiving MMS. I wouldn't expect that to be the problem. Any advice or insight?
I got nothing. Don't have the phone yet.
I ca guess though and I'm thinking it may have something to do with the app you in/uninstalled. Normally I always reboot when I in/uninstall apps.

All you can do since you've now rebooted is see if the issue presents itself. From what you said you hadn't done a reboot after the leaked apk.
Old November 7th, 2013, 10:55 PM   #3 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 GT-P3113, Sony Google TV, Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Nextbook 7.
Carrier: Verizon

A proper version of hangouts is now available in the Play store.

IMHO, anytime you side load an .apk, you're asking for problems. I know it works for tons of people without any, i'm just saying...
Old November 8th, 2013, 08:58 AM   #4 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwither View Post

IMHO, anytime you side load an .apk, you're asking for problems. I know it works for tons of people without any, i'm just saying...
I have the proper version of hangouts now, my alarm did go off as scheduled this morning...I see what your saying about side loading apks I just have a hard time seeing how that apk would affect the clock...but maybe it did? Anyway hopefully now all is well in the world.

Did anyone else notice a slight change in the keyboard with the new hangouts? I think mine is slightly laggier than before
Old November 8th, 2013, 08:58 AM   #5 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwither View Post

Also I justified it being a Google APK, I don't randomly side load apks and I have given up rooting/roming
Old November 8th, 2013, 09:10 AM   #6 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 GT-P3113, Sony Google TV, Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Nextbook 7.
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sessman View Post
I just have a hard time seeing how that apk would affect the clock
Because it's written for a different version of Android, 4.4 and not 4.3.

Anyway, glad you got it working!

Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

Samsung is coming back with its legendary phablet. The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 comes packed with the best of specs, featuring a 5.7-inch display, a Snapdragon 800 procesor, a 3200 mAh battery and all the specs you can expect from a top-end device.&nb... Read More

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 3