Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 3

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old November 7th, 2013, 10:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default unlock

Hello im planning on buying a note 3 tomorrow from a friend and he is on at&t. Will i be able to get this phone unlocked right away to use on another carrier? Im going to be using one of his upgrades on his family plan..thanks

Advertisements
sponsored links
Old November 7th, 2013, 11:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
U Just Luv My OPPOstyle

Device(s): OPPO N1 | HTC ONE M8 | SAMSUNG GEAR 2/FIT | CHROMECAST
Carrier: T-MOBILE/AT&T

Thanked 1,898 Times in 1,400 Posts

If the AT&T account is in good standing/& or the phone is paid for in-full,perhaps you can get an unlock code.

If I were you,I'd do a little legwork before completing the transaction, including getting the serial number of the device & contacting AT&T regarding unlocking the device.

Otherwise,you risk buying a phone that won't work.

Just GOOGLE "AT&T UNLOCKING POLICY" & click on the 1st &/or 2nd link for more detailed information.
Last edited by KOLIO; November 7th, 2013 at 11:54 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KOLIO For This Useful Post:
dustwun77 (November 8th, 2013), Mikestony (November 8th, 2013), scary alien (November 8th, 2013)
Old November 8th, 2013, 05:43 PM   #3 (permalink)

Device(s):
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezekiel666 View Post
Hello im planning on buying a note 3 tomorrow from a friend and he is on at&t. Will i be able to get this phone unlocked right away to use on another carrier? Im going to be using one of his upgrades on his family plan..thanks
Other option, get your friend to reduce price by 30 bucks and get it unlocked via cellunlocker.net
Old November 8th, 2013, 07:17 PM   #4 (permalink)
~30% Carbon Black

Device(s): LG G3/rooted Samsung Galaxy S3 4G Rooted--Repurposed
Carrier: Verizon

Thanked 14,335 Times in 8,851 Posts

Also review this from Cellunlocker.net - #1 Unlock Codes for Network Cell Phone Unlocking

Quote:
USA Customers: If you are in the United States of America and own a phone that was purchased before January 26th, 2013 you may legally unlock it in accordance with the exemption to the Digital Millenium Copyright Act. (DMCA) Cell phone unlocking will now be illegal in The United States of America for any USA service provider cell phone that is purchased after January 26th, 2013 unless you have permission from the service provider your phone is locked to. We will not provide any advice, service, or support for any USA service provider cell phone or smart phone purchased after January 26th, 2013. Cellunlocker.net will not be held liable or responsible if you place an order for an unlock code or software for any USA service provider cell phone that was purchased after January 26th, 2013. If you make a purchase on Cellunlocker.net - #1 Unlock Codes for Network Cell Phone Unlocking or any affiliated website you accept full responsibility for complying with all local, national, and international laws. Cellunlocker.net will not knowingly give any advice or provide any service to anyone who wishes to unlock a phone that was purchased from a USA service provider after January 26th, 2013 in The United States of America.
Now I'm not a total expert on unlocking devices, but as KOLIO stated, do your research, talk with your provider

As for talk about unlocking here, lets be cool and not try to circumvent any legality for it.
I'm not saying we already are, just posting the disclaimer

Click "Show" for my signature
Android Forums FAQ's
List of Staff
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mikestony For This Useful Post:
dustwun77 (November 9th, 2013), ocnbrze (November 8th, 2013), scary alien (November 8th, 2013)

Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

Samsung is coming back with its legendary phablet. The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 comes packed with the best of specs, featuring a 5.7-inch display, a Snapdragon 800 procesor, a 3200 mAh battery and all the specs you can expect from a top-end device.&nb... Read More

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 3