Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By GuitarG20
  • 2 Post By drexappeal

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old November 14th, 2013, 10:55 AM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy note 3
Carrier: AT&T

Default Please - desperately need a guru

Hi, I finally refused to go with the Apple 5s and purchased the Samsung Galaxy note 3.
I'm still learning, but I cannot figure out why I can't text as I'm used to.
I'm using the GO texting app and when I text, say Mom, she will get the text but when she hits reply it will go to my email instead of back to the GO text app. We can't have a conversation because sometimes when I text her it goes to her email also. So, this is my issue.
Please have mercy on an android newbie.
Jennifer

Advertisements
sponsored links
Old November 14th, 2013, 01:09 PM   #2 (permalink)
Clueless Senior Member

Device(s): Nexus 5, HTC One XL (retired)

Hi there and welcome to the forums! I went ahead and moved your thread out to the main space for the N3, that way you're more likely to get quick help.

I'm not too familiar with the GO texting app. Would you be willing to switch back to the stock samsung texting app for a day or two, to see if the issues happen using that? It would help us figure out if it's an issue with your phone or just the app you're using to text.
Rixx247 likes this.

See something you don't think should be here? Use the report button to let the moderators know!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GuitarG20 For This Useful Post:
dustwun77 (November 15th, 2013), ocnbrze (November 15th, 2013)
Old November 14th, 2013, 05:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
AF Addict

Device(s): G Note 3 Sprint (Jet Black), LG G3 Sprint (Gold), MoPhoQ Sprint, Mopho Sprint & G Note 8.0 Wi-fi
Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 2,841 Times in 1,921 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perk322 View Post
Hi, I finally refused to go with the Apple 5s and purchased the Samsung Galaxy note 3.
I'm still learning, but I cannot figure out why I can't text as I'm used to.
I'm using the GO texting app and when I text, say Mom, she will get the text but when she hits reply it will go to my email instead of back to the GO text app. We can't have a conversation because sometimes when I text her it goes to her email also. So, this is my issue.
Please have mercy on an android newbie.
Jennifer
When you are typing the name in, in the "to" field, are you sure you're not selecting her email address instead of the cell phone number?

It's actually possible to send a text message to an email address, as I do it all the time, when I want to forward one of my texts to my email, for safe keeping.
LouWags and Rixx247 like this.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to drexappeal For This Useful Post:
dustwun77 (November 15th, 2013), GuitarG20 (November 14th, 2013), Rixx247 (November 15th, 2013)
Old November 15th, 2013, 01:49 PM   #4 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy Note III
Carrier: Verizon

Does she have an iPhone? If so it might have to do with iMessage. Have her turn it off and test it.
Old November 15th, 2013, 04:46 PM   #5 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (current phone) Motorola RAZR HD MAXX (last phone, backup)
Carrier: Verizon

Make sure your old iPhone is off. When I went from iPhone to Android, my iPhone was still on so even though I was sending texts to people when they replied their texts went to my old iPhone. This seemed to only happen with people replying FROM an iPhone.

Also, I would try to use the stock Samsung texting app at least to start with to rule out any aftermarket app issues. If you get the same thing on the stock messaging app then that would give us more info to work with.

I remember when I first went to Android it seemed a little confusing on some of the how's and why's, but after about two weeks it all made so much more sense than iPhone and was so much easier. Hang in there, you will be glad you did!
Old November 15th, 2013, 05:04 PM   #6 (permalink)

Device(s): GALAXY NOTE 3
Carrier: Not Provided

your mom prob still trying to send you imessage .. she has an Iphone correct??
Old November 19th, 2013, 05:14 PM   #7 (permalink)
AF Addict

Device(s): G Note 3 Sprint (Jet Black), LG G3 Sprint (Gold), MoPhoQ Sprint, Mopho Sprint & G Note 8.0 Wi-fi
Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 2,841 Times in 1,921 Posts

I've thought of one other thing that it could be, with regards to your text messages going to email, due to a similar circumstance that was happening with my co-worker.

If you are using Microsoft Exchange/Active Sync, you have the capabilities of syncing your text messages with your email. That said, I think that might be something that only comes up with corporate sync. And, it wouldn't isolate the issue to just receiving an email because it would go to both text and email.

Figured I'd mention this, in case there are other people with a similar issue as yours, but not exactly the same.
Old November 19th, 2013, 11:42 PM   #8 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy Note 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methos1979 View Post
Make sure your old iPhone is off. When I went from iPhone to Android, my iPhone was still on so even though I was sending texts to people when they replied their texts went to my old iPhone. This seemed to only happen with people replying FROM an iPhone.
If it's iPhone/iMessage related you'll have to go into iCloud and dis-associate your phone# with iMessage. I just did this as I came over from an iPhone and had to do the above so any messages would now hit my new Note 3.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

Samsung is coming back with its legendary phablet. The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 comes packed with the best of specs, featuring a 5.7-inch display, a Snapdragon 800 procesor, a 3200 mAh battery and all the specs you can expect from a top-end device.&nb... Read More

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 3