Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 3

New Forums: Nexus Player | Nexus 9
test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old November 28th, 2013, 05:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default Dropped calls and data connectivity (sprint)

I'm planning on getting a new note 3 and when reading around on the device I see that a lot of people been experiencing dropped calls and poor connectivity to the internet. I also noticed there was an update to correct the dropped call issue but no one ever commented on weather it improved. Everything looks great on the device but I would hate to not be able to make quality calls and have poor internet and wifi connections. Any input would be great. Btw I have sprint as a carrier, thanks

Advertisements
sponsored links
Old November 28th, 2013, 05:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
AF Addict

Device(s): Note3 running X-Note 4.3 in Safestrap Stock slot.
Carrier: AT&T

Thanked 2,884 Times in 2,643 Posts

Maybe on Sprint. I use AT&T and, except when driving through an area today that's known to have just about no AT&T signal (and I still showed some on my signal strength app), I've never had a weak signal or a dropped call. As far as wifi, I have a large house and a large property, and no problems using the phone on wifi.

Or course, around here, Sprint signal is about as solid as elbow grease, so any Sprint phone would have a problem. (Which is why I dropped them and went to AT&T.)
Old November 28th, 2013, 11:28 PM   #3 (permalink)

Device(s): HTC One (M8), Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Samsung Galaxy S II, Google G1
Carrier: t-mobile

No problems like that on T-Mobile either. As a matter of fact they've been messing with the transmission towers around Boston MA and I'm getting 4G LTE in a lot more places lately. Still not in my house though. I swear there must be a Faraday cage around my apartment or something.
Old November 29th, 2013, 09:25 AM   #4 (permalink)

Device(s):

I've had GN3 on Sprint for about six weeks and have had an opportunity to test the reception under most all unfavorable conditions. I can tell you that the GN3 shines in comparison to Moto Photon and Iphone 5. It can equal or best both those in a head to head -db signal comparison, but where it shines is in its ability to lock and hold a LTE signal. It can trump the iphone 5 in every fringe area I've tried. The iphone will drop back to 3g while the Note3 holds very usable LTE.
The update that Sprint rolled out for garbled phone calls corrected that problem for those who experienced it. My device has always exhibited clear voice calls. Afaik, dropped calls were never an issue and I can say I have never experienced a single dropped call since owning the device.
Hope this helps.
Old November 29th, 2013, 05:12 PM   #5 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

Thanks everyone for the input
Old December 1st, 2013, 09:00 PM   #6 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy Note 3
Carrier: Sprint

I have been with Sprint for many years now, the note3 is my first Samsung phone and I love it. I have not experienced any of the problems you described. Sprint service isn't the best in my area, but it's getting better.
Old December 1st, 2013, 11:33 PM   #7 (permalink)

Device(s): Soon: Moto Nexus 6 / Nexus 5 & 7 / Note 3 / HTC M8 / Ascend Mate2 / Find 7/ LG G3 /
Carrier: AT&T and T-Mobile

We have four Note 3 models in our family, two on T-Mobile and two on AT&T. They're all very clear, lock onto signals well, and the noise cancelling system works very well. They're the best yet.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

Samsung is coming back with its legendary phablet. The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 comes packed with the best of specs, featuring a 5.7-inch display, a Snapdragon 800 procesor, a 3200 mAh battery and all the specs you can expect from a top-end device.&nb... Read More

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 3