Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Like Tree27Likes

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old December 4th, 2013, 11:46 AM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default Lagaxy Note 3 frustration

So recently I "upgraded" to the note 3 from a nexus 4. I always kept my distance from Samsung devices due to the clunky/ laggy ui they call touchwiz. However due to the specs of this phone I had wrongly assumed it would be lag free. Man was I wrong, chrome stutters endlessly, and the stock browser is a little bit better but far from smooth. Heavy websites have a slight lag, whereas an iPhone 5 or nexus device would breeze right through without even a slight hiccup. It seems like there is a small delay when scrolling so it always feels like the screen is behind you, which is something I never experienced with my nexus. Overall I would say this is a very poorly optimized and designed phone, I am almost inclined to say that apple and Google make far better phones than samsung at this point. I can safely confirm that I don't have a faulty unit either, I spoke to some reps from my provider and samsung and they said this is normal for all phones. I can confirm that this is not normal based on my previous experiences with other phones. Overall I am very disappointed, how have your experiences been with this device?

Advertisements
sponsored links
Old December 4th, 2013, 11:59 AM   #2 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 GT-P3113, Sony Google TV, Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Nextbook 7.
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustardtiger56 View Post
I am almost inclined to say that apple and Google make far better phones than samsung at this point.
I could be mistaken, but I don't think Google makes phones.

/sarcasm off

I can only speak for myself, but I've not seen the lag you're talking about, or anything closely resembling it.

I too converted from tiny screen iPhones to my N3, and have been very happy thus far with it.
lennylp and johnpjackson like this.
Old December 4th, 2013, 12:13 PM   #3 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy S4,Galaxy S3,Galaxy S2 skyrocket, Samsung infuse, Galaxy note, Galaxy note 2.
Carrier: AT&T

I have not experienced much lag on my phone at all. Sometimes the gallery will lag, but I do have over 1k photos and 10+ full movies. I would try a factory reset and see how the phone acts after that.
johnpjackson likes this.
Old December 4th, 2013, 12:29 PM   #4 (permalink)

Device(s): Note 3, Bionic

I have no lag/stutter at all. The only thing I've noticed is that from time to time when I turn the screen on, it bypasses the lock screen and goes to the home screen. Other that that, no issues at all. I absolutely love this phone
Old December 4th, 2013, 12:58 PM   #5 (permalink)

Device(s): OG Droid, Droid Razr Maxx, Note 3

Yea, no lag here whatsoever. This thing is fast!
Old December 4th, 2013, 01:03 PM   #6 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 GT-P3113, Sony Google TV, Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Nextbook 7.

We've had other threads on this forum about speed issues, the lag you've noticed etc., perhaps not as many lately.

You might search for them to see how others have addressed it.

Although the only firmware update I've received on my N3 was primarily to address a call quality issue that some users were experiencing, perhaps that also addressed the issue you're having trouble with. Have you checked for updates under Settings, About phone, Software update, Check for new software update?

You may need to connect it to a PC running Samsung Kies in order to see available updates.

Samsung Kies

Current firmware versions vary by carrier, but most I think are from MJ3 to MJ7 or higher. The stock firmware was MI9 (the last three characters of your build number) in Settings, About phone
ScandaLeX likes this.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jwither For This Useful Post:
Duckster (December 6th, 2013), ocnbrze (December 4th, 2013), ScandaLeX (December 26th, 2013)
Old December 4th, 2013, 07:21 PM   #7 (permalink)

Device(s): HTC One (M8), Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Samsung Galaxy S II, Google G1
Carrier: t-mobile

No lag here either. T-Mobile version. Even though I wasn't experiencing lag when I first got my unit I followed these tips to prevent it anyway. Prevent lag on your Note 3 - YouTube
The Following User Says Thank You to dontpanicbobby For This Useful Post:
Clayton1 (December 27th, 2013)
Old December 4th, 2013, 08:26 PM   #8 (permalink)

Device(s):

No lag on this end either. This thing flies.
Old December 4th, 2013, 08:29 PM   #9 (permalink)

Device(s):

lag? My Note 3 is the fastest and most responsive phone I have ever used. It is even faster than the iPhone 5S in my opinion. I do not have any lag on my device, perhaps you have an unusual number of background apps that could be causing the issue?
Old December 5th, 2013, 02:39 AM   #10 (permalink)

Device(s): Ascend Mate2 / Find 7 / OPO / LG G3 / Nexus 5 & 7 / Note 3 / HTC M8
Carrier: AT&T and T-Mobile

Quote:
So recently I "upgraded" to the note 3 from a nexus 4. I always kept my distance from Samsung devices due to the clunky/ laggy ui they call touchwiz. However due to the specs of this phone I had wrongly assumed it would be lag free. Man was I wrong, chrome stutters endlessly, and the stock browser is a little bit better but far from smooth. Heavy websites have a slight lag, whereas an iPhone 5 or nexus device would breeze right through without even a slight hiccup. It seems like there is a small delay when scrolling so it always feels like the screen is behind you, which is something I never experienced with my nexus. Overall I would say this is a very poorly optimized and designed phone, I am almost inclined to say that apple and Google make far better phones than samsung at this point. I can safely confirm that I don't have a faulty unit either, I spoke to some reps from my provider and samsung and they said this is normal for all phones. I can confirm that this is not normal based on my previous experiences with other phones. Overall I am very disappointed, how have your experiences been with this device?
I get the impression you're post is designed to incite an argument, or bash what is for most, the single best Android phone created thus far.

I bought three for my family after experiencing how fast, smooth and effective mine is. Then there are several of my friends and co-workers who are also thrilled with theirs.
sponsored links
Old December 5th, 2013, 11:36 AM   #11 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy Note 3, iPhone 5.

My browser lags badly too, regardless of if I use stock or Chrome. My iPhone 5 is much, much quicker getting to all web pages. Web browsing is the only area where I've experienced lag on my Note 3.
Old December 5th, 2013, 06:28 PM   #12 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

Well, I tried opera browser and it is much much smoother than stock or chrome, although with a phone as expensive as this you shouldn't have to worry about looking for a browser that doesn't stutter. However today I noticed my home button was slightly wobbly and upon further inspection i found it is actually crooked. Very very poor quality control for a 650$ device. Overall I am disappointed and would take an iPhone, HTC , or nexus device way before I would buy another one of these. Plastic and shitty performance is all you get when buying a samsung it seems. Can't believe they are the #1 seller in the world for phones
Old December 5th, 2013, 06:54 PM   #13 (permalink)

Device(s): Note 3; formerly Rezound, Droid Charge, and OG Droid
Carrier: VZW

Thanked 1,438 Times in 820 Posts

OP, maybe you should return your phone and buy something else. It doesn't sound as if you'll ever be happy with the Note 3. Me, I'm loving the hell out of mine!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlueBiker For This Useful Post:
jwither (December 5th, 2013), toptobottom (December 6th, 2013), zipred (December 6th, 2013)
Old December 5th, 2013, 06:55 PM   #14 (permalink)

Device(s): galaxy note 3
Carrier: verizon

NO NEED TO GET SO PERSONEL ON A PHONE......Cause hey after all its just a phone. Now so be it, Every one has there prefence on what he and to all the ladies out there also,like or dislike on a phone. Dosent matter what kind of device you have there are always going to be likes and dislikes, thats just the way it is... Coming from a Iphone 5 i thought it was the best of the best . But over time certains things on the phone were'nt so up to par... Not to say it still is;nt a GREAT PHONE CAUSE IT IS NO doubt 1 of the nicest phones out there ! So i took the the plundge on a note 3 and no looking back for me... What ever problems your having ITS A SHAME because overall this phone is TOP NOTCH .... I will never look back to an Iphone again...
toptobottom and zipred like this.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to WIZKID55 For This Useful Post:
Duckster (December 28th, 2013), jwither (December 5th, 2013), MrClean (December 11th, 2013), toptobottom (December 6th, 2013), zipred (December 6th, 2013)
Old December 5th, 2013, 07:24 PM   #15 (permalink)

Device(s): Note II
Carrier: Smart

It's probably touchwiz slowing it down
Old December 5th, 2013, 10:00 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyndslash View Post
It's probably touchwiz slowing it down
More likely it's widget overload.

For iPhone users: A widget is an app that runs on your home screens. Too many, and it will slow your phone down and eat battery.
Old December 5th, 2013, 10:57 PM   #17 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

Definitely not widget overload, I'm only using alarm and the digital clock. No live wallpaper or anything like that either. When I pay $650 for a phone with a snapdragon 800 and 3gb of ram I shouldn't be working about widget overload either. Never had to on my nexus 4 and that thing didn't even have half the specs this thing has.
Old December 5th, 2013, 11:04 PM   #18 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy Note 3, iPhone 5.

I have to agree with the OP about the poor performance of the Note 3 and its browser. I must also say I can't believe how some people jumped down his throat for pointing out that poor performance. I love my Note 3 and overall, OVERALL it is to me the best phone currently on the market, but it is not the best phone in EVERY category.
Old December 5th, 2013, 11:06 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Definitely not widget overload, I'm only using alarm and the digital clock. No live wallpaper or anything like that either. When I pay $650 for a phone with a snapdragon 800 and 3gb of ram I shouldn't be working about widget overload either. Never had to on my nexus 4 and that thing didn't even have half the specs this thing has.
Guess you need to take a close look at your running apps then, or anything else you might have tweaked on it.

You're not periodically killing running tasks, clearing memory, are you?

The thing has three gigs of ram, there's no need to clear it. It only keeps processes that run faster when they're cached, take longer to start.

It's possible that there is a single change you've made that has caused the speed issue. Something as simple as a misconfigured e-mail client, running in the background and trying over and over and over again to authenticate with an e-mail server, slowing the whole thing down.

*OR* Uninstalling/disabling a stock app that you thought would make it faster, thinking it was bloatware, but is tied to other processes that can't find it running.

As you can see from the responses in this thread, your lag is not normal for this device.
Last edited by jwither; December 5th, 2013 at 11:20 PM.
Old December 5th, 2013, 11:19 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
When are you going to realize that the Note 3 is not a Nexus 4? The Nexus 4 was a very nice lean & mean phone running straight Android without TouchWiz or any other bloated manufacturer interface on top.

Seriously, stop complaining that your new luxury Lexus isn't a Ferrari. You bought the wrong phone. Return it and get what you really want.

Or you can do what a lot of us do and install Nova Prime or any of a bunch of excellent alternative launchers that run much smoother & faster on the Note 3.
sponsored links
Old December 5th, 2013, 11:30 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBiker View Post
When are you going to realize that the Note 3 is not a Nexus 4? The Nexus 4 was a very nice lean & mean phone running straight Android without TouchWiz or any other bloated manufacturer interface on top.

Seriously, stop complaining that your new luxury Lexus isn't a Ferrari. You bought the wrong phone. Return it and get what you really want.

Or you can do what a lot of us do and install Nova Prime or any of a bunch of excellent alternative launchers that run much smoother & faster on the Note 3.
Honestly, I didn't have an issue with TouchWiz/speed. The problem I had was the small grid, so I use Nova now. Just because I bought a huge screen phone doesn't mean I'm blind.
The Following User Says Thank You to jwither For This Useful Post:
BlueBiker (December 5th, 2013)
Old December 6th, 2013, 05:52 AM   #22 (permalink)

Device(s): Ascend Mate2 / Find 7 / OPO / LG G3 / Nexus 5 & 7 / Note 3 / HTC M8
Carrier: AT&T and T-Mobile

My Note 3 is the first Samsung I haven't replaced TouchWiz. That's because it's nicely improved, runs smooth and fast, and provides some great functionally with the S-Pen...

While it's true that TouchWiz as implemented on the original Galaxy S wasn't great, that was years ago. It's also cheating oneself of a great new experience.

Choosing to use another launcher because you prefer it's features is a smart move, but to claim TouchWiz is bad is to be uniformed.
Caker188 likes this.
Old December 6th, 2013, 07:32 AM   #23 (permalink)

mustardtiger56 did you try the advice in the video link I posted?
Old December 6th, 2013, 08:59 AM   #24 (permalink)
The Real Bass Creator

Device(s): Galaxy Note 3 4.4.2(Eclipse) , Nexus 7 (Stock), (RIP) Galaxy Nexus 4.4(SlimKat)

Thanked 3,420 Times in 2,163 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipred View Post
My Note 3 is the first Samsung I haven't replaced TouchWiz. That's because it's nicely improved, runs smooth and fast, and provides some great functionally with the S-Pen...

While it's true that TouchWiz as implemented on the original Galaxy S wasn't great, that was years ago. It's also cheating oneself of a great new experience.

Choosing to use another launcher because you prefer it's features is a smart move, but to claim TouchWiz is bad is to be uniformed.
Everyone has preferences, that's why we have different launchers available for us on the Play Store.

I completely agree with you, TouchWiz isn't bad, it's just different than what people might be used to.

Personally I come from a Nexus device and the experience is certainly a lot different with TouchWiz.

I love this community and so should you! So before posting please read:
Site Rules & Guidelines and Android FAQ's
Old December 6th, 2013, 09:00 AM   #25 (permalink)

Device(s): SGN3 on O2 UK

I'm afraid I feel quite sorry for users who come for help and get blasted.

Of course they are going to vent their angst! They could've spent serious wedge on the N3 and are disappointed. Stop flaming them and help, or do one.

Let us help and see if the problems can be solved rather than gloating that yours is perfect therefore everyone else has bought the wrong phone! If you can't add anything useful, DON'T ADD ANYTHING AT ALL....AND STOP SHOUTING!

Mine is a little laggy and unfortunately touchwiz isn't as clean as the Nexus 5 which I also have. However that equally isn't perfect.

Go into developer options and turn off animations and stuff like that. If you do a factory reset, try it before you load on your apps - might help eliminate any issue apps.

For the spec of this device, I'm not 100% happy - coming from a note 2 which was well sorted. Its quick, but it does have some minor annoyances - for the price which I'm not sure I'd spend that much again - its not perfect. I'd love to try it as a clean untouched by Sammy developer model running 4.4 but will have to wait until 4.4 comes with bloat.

Theres lots of good advice once you've ploughed through the fanboys. Just do a little searching.
ScandaLeX and almath like this.
The Following User Says Thank You to bonerp For This Useful Post:
ScandaLeX (December 26th, 2013)
Old December 6th, 2013, 09:20 AM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonerp View Post
If you can't add anything useful, DON'T ADD ANYTHING AT ALL...
The point behind remarking that so many are not having similar issues is that it's likely something the OP has done, tweaked, installed, or otherwise misconfigured that is causing the issue, that it's not indigenous to the hardware. Doesn't mean we're not willing to help, just means the user needs to take a close look at what he/she has done that might be the root cause.

It's not blasting, it's being honest.
ovrrdrive and johnpjackson like this.
Last edited by jwither; December 6th, 2013 at 09:24 AM.
Old December 6th, 2013, 09:34 AM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonerp View Post
I'm afraid I feel quite sorry for users who come for help and get blasted.
People who come for help don't usually create a thread with a sarcastic title like Lagaxy. They don't usually use sarcastic scare quotes like "upgraded" in their very first sentence.

We are trying to help, but it's not very rewarding when someone seems more interested in flinging insults about the phone rather than actually find out what's going on with it.

And it's not our job to convince someone to like a phone that they're apparently predisposed not to like. Life is too short -- if a phone doesn't float your boat then just get one that does!
The Following User Says Thank You to BlueBiker For This Useful Post:
XiphoneUzer (December 10th, 2013)
Old December 6th, 2013, 09:47 AM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBiker View Post
People who come for help don't usually create a thread with a sarcastic title like Lagaxy. They don't usually use sarcastic scare quotes like "upgraded" in their very first sentence.

We are trying to help, but it's not very rewarding when someone seems more interested in flinging insults about the phone rather than actually find out what's going on with it.

And it's not our job to convince someone to like a phone that they're apparently predisposed not to like. Life is too short -- if a phone doesn't float your boat then just get one that does!
They are talking about a phone, not a personal attack on you! Does it matter if they are teasy about the phone - which they spent a lot of money on??

chill out people.
BlueBiker (December 6th, 2013)
Old December 6th, 2013, 09:51 AM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwither View Post
The point behind remarking that so many are not having similar issues is that it's likely something the OP has done, tweaked, installed, or otherwise misconfigured that is causing the issue, that it's not indigenous to the hardware. Doesn't mean we're not willing to help, just means the user needs to take a close look at what he/she has done that might be the root cause.

It's not blasting, it's being honest.
exactly but some users don't know/understand or care to know how phones work - they just simply expect them to. And thats fine.

As the right royal 'we' do know more (because we do have an interest in tech/Android) look through the haze and draw out their issues...

These things can be prone to quirks which may be phone/may be user/may be app related. They ain't all perfect!
Old December 6th, 2013, 09:54 AM   #30 (permalink)

Device(s): Nexus 5, HP 14 Chomebook w/ HSPA+, Google Glass, LTE Nexus 7(2013), Chromecast
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Thanked 6,947 Times in 3,748 Posts

A helpful piece of advice is to get booting the device into safe mode. If the lag goes away, it's something on the device and a factory reset could clear it up. If not, the device could be a lemon.

As for the thread, how about we concentrate on helping the op moving forward, alright ?

Current Devices: Nexus 5, HP 14 Chromebook (Data Enabled), Google Glass, (2013) LTE Nexus 7, Chromecast
Retired: Samsung Fascinate, Droid Charge, Galaxy Nexus, (2012) WiFi Nexus 7, Asus TF700, Nexus 4, Logitech Revue
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jhawkkw For This Useful Post:
BlueBiker (December 6th, 2013), dustwun77 (December 14th, 2013), Sasha2013 (December 26th, 2013), ScandaLeX (December 26th, 2013)
sponsored links
Old December 6th, 2013, 10:47 AM   #31 (permalink)

Boot in safe mode by tapping menu button when restarting
Last edited by bonerp; December 6th, 2013 at 11:20 AM.
dustwun77 (December 14th, 2013)
Old December 6th, 2013, 12:59 PM   #32 (permalink)

Device(s): galaxy note 3
Carrier: verizon

Wow.... all this cause the person is having issues, with the phone....... If i came across like i was trying not to help, did'nt mean to ..I dont blame you for being upset for the phone not working to the standards its supposed to live up to. If you read my post iam trying to say i still love my iphone, I am just feeling my note 3 a lil bit more.. Try to return the phone if your still having trouble, then see if that helps....Hopefully you can find the phone that suits your needs....... Good luck.
The Following User Says Thank You to WIZKID55 For This Useful Post:
BlueBiker (December 6th, 2013)
Old December 6th, 2013, 01:13 PM   #33 (permalink)

Device(s): LG G2

I have to disagree my lg g2 is a beast.😉😜😝😁
Old December 6th, 2013, 01:56 PM   #34 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy Note 3

No lag at all on my Note 3. I would start with page one of any trouble shooting guide and restart and see what that does.
Old December 10th, 2013, 08:53 AM   #35 (permalink)

Device(s):

Default Lag

Is anyone else having lag issues? Almost everything I do on my N3 lags behind by about a half a second or more. It doesn't matter if its the up swipe to look at the magazine app or texting or whatever...there is a lag. Anyone else experience this and is there a way to stop/fix it? I would like my N3 to be as fast as I thought it would be and as fast as I hear/read others are.

Thanks in advance!
Old December 10th, 2013, 09:00 AM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tntlassiter View Post
Is anyone else having lag issues? Almost everything I do on my N3 lags behind by about a half a second or more. It doesn't matter if its the up swipe to look at the magazine app or texting or whatever...there is a lag. Anyone else experience this and is there a way to stop/fix it? I would like my N3 to be as fast as I thought it would be and as fast as I hear/read others are.

Thanks in advance!
Prior thread:

Everything you need to know about lag, and some things you don't.
Old December 10th, 2013, 06:52 PM   #37 (permalink)
The Real Bass Creator

Device(s): Galaxy Note 3 4.4.2(Eclipse) , Nexus 7 (Stock), (RIP) Galaxy Nexus 4.4(SlimKat)

Thanked 3,420 Times in 2,163 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tntlassiter View Post

Thanks in advance!
I have merged your thread with the original thread regarding Lag on their Note 3. Hope this helps

If you have an issue with this pm me!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Digital Controller For This Useful Post:
dustwun77 (December 14th, 2013), ScandaLeX (December 26th, 2013)
Old December 11th, 2013, 06:09 AM   #38 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwither View Post
*OR* Uninstalling/disabling a stock app that you thought would make it faster, thinking it was bloatware, but is tied to other processes that can't find it running.
Are there any preinstalled apps from Samsung that shouldn't be disabled then? Ones that are known to be needed by other processes?
Old December 13th, 2013, 11:46 AM   #39 (permalink)

Device(s):

Show me the "perfect" phone and I'll buy it. Until then I'll use the "best for me" I can find.
OP If you have done everything the above responders have proposed, you have a lemon, it happens. Return and try another. If the problem follows you, the N3 is not for you. Move on to what your used to.
Mods you have to admit the OP started with sarcasm and attacks that is difficult to respond to. I believe it's called trolling.
johnpjackson likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to 44fred For This Useful Post:
johnpjackson (December 13th, 2013)
Old December 13th, 2013, 12:22 PM   #40 (permalink)

I don't see that at all 44fred. You did see the post by jhawkkw earlier in the thread, didn't you?
bonerp likes this.
sponsored links
Old December 14th, 2013, 01:43 PM   #41 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontpanicbobby View Post
I don't see that at all 44fred. You did see the post by jhawkkw earlier in the thread, didn't you?
Sent you a PM about this.
johnpjackson likes this.
Old December 25th, 2013, 07:55 PM   #42 (permalink)

Location: New York City is where my heart is but now I live in Delray Beach Florida

Device(s): Currently Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy S3 4G LTE, Iphone 4 wifi only now, Ipad 2, HP laptop
Carrier: freakin' Verizon

Got this amazing phone for Christmas and no lag. I love this phone
Old December 25th, 2013, 09:37 PM   #43 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Note 3 Samsung Galaxy s4 Mini Samsung Tab 2
Carrier: Verizon, Att

You know I just commented on another post. When you talk Nexus be careful many are built by Samsung (IE Nexus 4 if I'm not mistaken) I have had Note2, Note3 and a s4 mini and liked them all.
Old December 25th, 2013, 10:45 PM   #44 (permalink)

Device(s): Note 3 AT&T

Well folks, my two day old Note 3 is VERY laggy too. I just started a post tonight looking for help including other issues. Also just noticed my screen is dimming on its own then going back to full brightness again, I do not have any settings currently running that would cause this to happen.

Thanks
Old December 25th, 2013, 11:39 PM   #45 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Note 3 Samsung Galaxy s4 Mini Samsung Tab 2
Carrier: Verizon, Att

All that is with the screen is a setting which you can adjust. Under settings,display, auto adjust screen tone. I have found with the notes there is a learning curve. Now being slow has never been a issue with me as both my note 2 and note3 have been among the fastest phones I have ever used. Everyone is different I return it or get it replaced this is not ment to sound wise but slow is one thing this phone should not be
Old December 26th, 2013, 12:20 AM   #46 (permalink)
Wasn't Me

Device(s): NOTE II
Carrier: The NOW Network

For those experiencing lag, have you gone into settings- developer options & unchecked animations? I don't have a Note 3 but most *fixes* are the same used for the Note 2 which I do have.
Old December 26th, 2013, 12:40 AM   #47 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy Note 3, LG F3Q
Carrier: T-Mobile

Every android I've owned I had to reboot at least once a week to clear out everything and get it back up to speed. The note 3 is no exception. After a reboot it's lag free at least for a couple days.
Old December 26th, 2013, 12:43 AM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodycount View Post
Every android I've owned I had to reboot at least once a week to clear out everything and get it back up to speed. The note 3 is no exception. After a reboot it's lag free at least for a couple days.
That's never been true of any of the four Android models I've owned, including the Note 3. Maybe you're running some problematic app or service.
johnpjackson likes this.
Old December 26th, 2013, 10:59 AM   #49 (permalink)

Hi Rich, Thanks for responding. My auto adjust screen tone is off, my brightness is turned all the way up, I'm watching it closely, if it does it again it's getting swapped out.
Old December 26th, 2013, 11:01 AM   #50 (permalink)

Hi ScandaLex,
All of my animations are turned off but one keeps turning itself back on………Very weird. If it keeps up today I am going to have it swapped out. I haven't even installed an app on my phone yet.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

Samsung is coming back with its legendary phablet. The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 comes packed with the best of specs, featuring a 5.7-inch display, a Snapdragon 800 procesor, a 3200 mAh battery and all the specs you can expect from a top-end device.&nb... Read More

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 3