• 2 Post By RickSchlegel
  • 1 Post By Lgohrin
  • 1 Post By drexappeal
  • 1 Post By quiksilver169
  • 1 Post By slickbrave
  • 3 Post By ilordvader

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old December 11th, 2013, 07:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Samsung Note 3
Carrier: Verizon

Default What is the one best thing you like about you GN3?

What is the one best feature (or thing you can do with you GN3) you like about your Galaxy Note 3?

Advertisements
Last edited by darkcyber; December 11th, 2013 at 07:41 PM.
sponsored links
Old December 11th, 2013, 07:52 PM   #2 (permalink)

Device(s): First phone - Motorola Bag phone…still have it! Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy SII (X2) MacBook pro
Carrier: T-Mobile

Multi screen. My favorite.
darkcyber likes this.
Old December 11th, 2013, 07:55 PM   #3 (permalink)
AF Addict

Device(s): Note3 running X-Note 4.3 in Safestrap Stock slot.
Carrier: AT&T

Thanked 2,880 Times in 2,641 Posts

I don't think they allow posts that long. Long battery life. Large screen. S-Pen. USB 3.0 charging (I haven't tried 3.0 data speed yet). Light weight. Fast CPU. LOADS of both RAM and ROM.

One thing I absolutely detest, though, is that I have the AT&T version. You know, the "warranty is voided by purchase of the phone" one?
The Following User Says Thank You to Rukbat For This Useful Post:
darkcyber (December 11th, 2013)
Old December 11th, 2013, 08:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
Accept no imitations!

Device(s): Note 3 (rooted & ROMmed), Galaxy Nexus (retired), OG Droid (retired)

Thanked 7,072 Times in 3,357 Posts

I can't think of a single BEST feature among all the features I love so much! I went from a Nokia dumbphone to the OG Motorola Droid to the Galaxy Nexus to the Galaxy Note 3... each a quantum leap above the last device. I can't seem to get my head around what the NEXT phone could be like compared to this one!

I'll try, though:

Lots of phones have big HD screens. Others have wireless charging. or lots of RAM. So the one feature exclusive to the Note 3 that I love so much is....

S-PEN

I can hand write a name and phone number and have the phone call it / add to contacts? UNREAL! People stare in amazement when I whip the S-PEN out and start writing. In S-Note, I can circle a whole line or two of text and move it up or down. I have to say that the S-PEN simply blows everything else out of the water as far as versatility goes. My 0.02

MrClean and ScandaLeX like this.

If I have helped you at all, please click the "Thanks" button
Forum Rules & Guidelines
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The_Chief For This Useful Post:
ceva321 (January 9th, 2014), darkcyber (December 11th, 2013), MrClean (January 9th, 2014)
Old December 11th, 2013, 08:27 PM   #5 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (current phone) Motorola RAZR HD MAXX (last phone, backup)

I'm going to have to concur with The Chief on this one. My last phone was a Razr Maxx HD which also had a large battery and larger(ish) screen, so I was used to those. A large battery was a must and I love the GN3's big, beautiful screen, fast processor and lot's of RAM.

But the ONE thing that set's it apart is the S-Pen and all you can do with it. And that's coming from a guy that was not sure he would even use the S-Pen all that much. But once I got used to it, I use it all I can!
Old December 11th, 2013, 09:09 PM   #6 (permalink)

Device(s): Dellx51v, MotorolaQ, Mogul, 800w, TreoPro, TouchPro2, HTCEvo3D, HTCEvo4GLTE, Nexus4, HTCOne
Carrier: T-mobile Family Plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rukbat View Post
I don't think they allow posts that long. Long battery life. Large screen. S-Pen. USB 3.0 charging (I haven't tried 3.0 data speed yet). Light weight. Fast CPU. LOADS of both RAM and ROM.

One thing I absolutely detest, though, is that I have the AT&T version. You know, the "warranty is voided by purchase of the phone" one?
What do you mean the warranty is voided by purchase of the phone?
ScandaLeX likes this.
Old December 11th, 2013, 10:12 PM   #7 (permalink)

Device(s): Note 3; formerly Rezound, Droid Charge, and OG Droid
Carrier: VZW

Thanked 1,438 Times in 820 Posts

There were a whole bunch of features that sold me on the Note 3 (wicked fast Snapdragon 800, huge removable battery, S-Pen, USB3), but the one I notice every time I pick it up is that big beautiful SAMOLED HD display.

I usually have my Display / Screen mode set to Dynamic. That's too colorful for many people, and certainly not ideal for editing photos, but OMG it's gorgeous!
The Following User Says Thank You to BlueBiker For This Useful Post:
dustwun77 (December 12th, 2013)
Old December 12th, 2013, 12:30 AM   #8 (permalink)
The Real Bass Creator

Device(s): Galaxy Note 3 4.4.2(Eclipse) , Nexus 7 (Stock), (RIP) Galaxy Nexus 4.4(SlimKat)

Thanked 3,420 Times in 2,163 Posts

The screen and size of the device won me over. I love how big the device is, makes me just love carrying it. Feels good in the hand, nice weight, harder to drop as well.
ScandaLeX likes this.

I love this community and so should you! So before posting please read:
Site Rules & Guidelines and Android FAQ's
Old December 12th, 2013, 06:30 AM   #9 (permalink)

Device(s): First phone - Motorola Bag phone…still have it! Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy SII (X2) MacBook pro
Carrier: T-Mobile

This is kinda off topic but I installed the app "note buddy". With it you can change the sound of the S-pen detaching and inserting. Pretty cool. I went to Zedge and got the sounds.
MrClean likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Caker188 For This Useful Post:
KOLIO (December 12th, 2013)
Old December 12th, 2013, 08:11 AM   #10 (permalink)

Device(s): HTC One (M8), Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Samsung Galaxy S II, Google G1
Carrier: t-mobile

+1 for Multi window. I love watching videos while posting here.
Caker188 likes this.
sponsored links
Old December 12th, 2013, 08:56 AM   #11 (permalink)

Device(s): Note 3

Well, I guess that just about sums it up --- the "one" best thing turns out to be the 4 or 5 best things. I agree completely.
rcaine and dontpanicbobby like this.
Old December 12th, 2013, 09:45 AM   #12 (permalink)
Wasn't Me

Device(s): NOTE II
Carrier: The NOW Network

I'm curious more about those who had/have the Note 2. How is the S-Pen more of a favortite of the Note 3 when the 2 had/has the same thing?

I guess when I started reading this thread I was looking for best that the 2 didn't have.
Old December 12th, 2013, 11:27 AM   #13 (permalink)
The Real Bass Creator

Device(s): Galaxy Note 3 4.4.2(Eclipse) , Nexus 7 (Stock), (RIP) Galaxy Nexus 4.4(SlimKat)

Thanked 3,420 Times in 2,163 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScandaLeX View Post
I'm curious more about those who had/have the Note 2. How is the S-Pen more of a favortite of the Note 3 when the 2 had/has the same thing?

I guess when I started reading this thread I was looking for best that the 2 didn't have.
Could check this review out: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 vs Galaxy Note 2
Old December 12th, 2013, 11:37 AM   #14 (permalink)

Device(s): G Note 3 Sprint (Jet Black), LG G3 Sprint (Gold), MoPhoQ Sprint, Mopho Sprint & G Note 8.0 Wi-fi
Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 2,815 Times in 1,900 Posts

If I were to only pick 1 thing, it'd be the S-pen.

For me, there are multiple things that keep me from looking at other mobile device lines:
S-Pen, Large Screen, Multi-window, 32gb internal storage (although, still wishing for 64 w/ a microSD slot), and 3gb RAM.
Old December 12th, 2013, 11:48 AM   #15 (permalink)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

S-Pen all the way. I use it for shopping lists all the time. I love being able to cross things off the list as I get them.
Gomjaba likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lgohrin For This Useful Post:
Gomjaba (January 9th, 2014)
Old December 12th, 2013, 12:18 PM   #16 (permalink)

Device(s): G Note 3 Sprint (Jet Black), LG G3 Sprint (Gold), MoPhoQ Sprint, Mopho Sprint & G Note 8.0 Wi-fi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lgohrin View Post
S-Pen all the way. I use it for shopping lists all the time. I love being able to cross things off the list as I get them.
Yup! Ever since I had the Note 2, it was one of my favorite things. I do exactly the same. What's funny is, I'm not exactly the most diligent about recycling or being "green," but using the S-pen to create shopping lists has definitely saved me from having to purchase post-it notes.

Comes in extremely handy, when going shopping for holiday parties, where multiple items need to be purchased.
Old December 13th, 2013, 05:39 AM   #17 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Samsung Galaxy Trend Plus, Nokia 5030 XpressRadio (backup phone), Nokia N8 (R
Carrier: DNA

S-Pen!
Old December 13th, 2013, 06:32 AM   #18 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by drexappeal View Post
Yup! Ever since I had the Note 2, it was one of my favorite things. I do exactly the same. What's funny is, I'm not exactly the most diligent about recycling or being "green," but using the S-pen to create shopping lists has definitely saved me from having to purchase post-it notes.

Comes in extremely handy, when going shopping for holiday parties, where multiple items need to be purchased.
I would never remember to take any list I made with me, but I always have my phone
Old December 13th, 2013, 06:40 AM   #19 (permalink)

Device(s): SGSII (GT-i9100)-SOLD SGSIII(GT-i9300)-SOLD SGS4 (GT-i9505)-SOLD
Carrier: Vodafone UK

The screen and S pen for me. That and the fact it has not once hung, crashed, stuttered or crawled to on me.

I baulked at getting an original Note, thinking the device was too big, but how wrong can you be. Even my SGS4 seems too small after extended periods with my Note 3.

The screen is just superb, deeper blacks than my mates 3000 52" Plasma telly he raves about.

Overall it is my second favorite device ever. The accolade for favorite ever goes to my N900. That was so versatile and for 2009 a stunning bit of kit. Just because I could I got Windows XP to work on it. It took nearly two hours to boot, and was unusable, but it booted it. Rooting that was not a warranty issue it was Maemo 5 (a fork of Linux Debian) in terminal all you had to do was type "sudo gain root" and it was rooted. It even had a version of Android (Nitroid) made for it. Fabulous device.

"The only foolish question is the question not asked"-Anon
Old December 13th, 2013, 02:39 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
I would never remember to take any list I made with me, but I always have my phone
I always wrote the list on a post-it, but there have been plenty of times I end up leaving it on the couch before I go, or the list would fall out of my pocket without my knowing. Like you said, I always have my phone (and if I don't have it, I always have to make sure I find it before going anywhere).

One thing that I can say about Samsung's software adjustments from the Note 2, to the Note 3, that I wish they would revert back to a little is the ability to copy info from a text message and paste that text info into an action memo or S-note. It may still be possible, but haven't found a way to do that (and it was very simple on the Note 2). That would be so great because I could have people text me whatever they needed from the store, copy and paste all that info into a single action memo, cross out the items as I pick them up at the store, and all without needing to necessarily "write" anything. I love the ability to write the notes, instead of type, but copy and paste of text would work just fine for me as well.
sponsored links
Old December 13th, 2013, 02:45 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynomot View Post
The screen and S pen for me. That and the fact it has not once hung, crashed, stuttered or crawled to on me.

I baulked at getting an original Note, thinking the device was too big, but how wrong can you be. Even my SGS4 seems too small after extended periods with my Note 3.

The screen is just superb, deeper blacks than my mates 3000 52" Plasma telly he raves about.

Overall it is my second favorite device ever. The accolade for favorite ever goes to my N900. That was so versatile and for 2009 a stunning bit of kit. Just because I could I got Windows XP to work on it. It took nearly two hours to boot, and was unusable, but it booted it. Rooting that was not a warranty issue it was Maemo 5 (a fork of Linux Debian) in terminal all you had to do was type "sudo gain root" and it was rooted. It even had a version of Android (Nitroid) made for it. Fabulous device.
Well, your theories on the original Note being "too big are actually not too far off. In the US, it was only available on ATT, so I didn't even consider it, but when looking at that device in the store, I was a little skeptical about getting the Note 2, due to the size. Luckily, Samsung smartened up and made the Note 2 less wide, while still extending the screen size and making it slightly taller. Had they not done that, I probably would've felt the same about the Note 2. The Note 3 took it to another level, developing a device that is both at the edge comfort for those with smaller hands and just right for those with bigger hands. Many felt "disappointed" that it was only 5.7 inches (very small change from the Note 2), but I think Samsung made the right decision with the screen size. To the tune of another $10million dollar selling phone. For me, any significantly bigger physical form factor would have pushed me to considering a different device or keeping the Note 2.
dynomot likes this.
Old December 13th, 2013, 11:37 PM   #22 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy Note 3
Carrier: AT&T

Default S-Pen

For me it's the S-Pen.

I use it more than I thought I would for marking up documents and screen shots of all kinds of things for work and play.
Old January 9th, 2014, 07:14 AM   #23 (permalink)

Location: New York City is where my heart is but now I live in Delray Beach Florida

Device(s): Currently Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy S3 4G LTE, Iphone 4 wifi only now, Ipad 2, HP laptop
Carrier: freakin' Verizon

Quote:

Hi well for one thing the S pen works now on the"back" and "menu" buttons
Old January 9th, 2014, 09:10 AM   #24 (permalink)

Device(s): SGN3 - Rooted Moto Photon-junk

Quote:

I'm not sure if there is more functionality with the N3 vs the N2 as far as the S-Pen is concerned, but I use it a whole lot more now, than I did with the N2. I rarely even removed it from the phone with the N2.

The major thing that sold me was the HD screen. I take a lot of photos with my Canon camera and I can download the images to my phone for viewing and the resolution is so much better than the 2. And who doesn't want to watch HD movies on their phone! LOL
The Following User Says Thank You to MrClean For This Useful Post:
drexappeal (January 9th, 2014)
Old January 9th, 2014, 12:28 PM   #25 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9005 Black 32GB
Carrier: Three (UK)

Quote:
lol, never even thought about that
Old January 9th, 2014, 12:35 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClean View Post
I'm not sure if there is more functionality with the N3 vs the N2 as far as the S-Pen is concerned, but I use it a whole lot more now, than I did with the N2. I rarely even removed it from the phone with the N2.

The major thing that sold me was the HD screen. I take a lot of photos with my Canon camera and I can download the images to my phone for viewing and the resolution is so much better than the 2. And who doesn't want to watch HD movies on their phone! LOL
I actually like air command. That thing is way more useful than when it was just limited to opening s-note automatically.

Even with s-pen helper app, where you could assign a different app to open automatically, i like that air command allows a user to choose what they want to do or just close down air command. Much more functional than what was available on the Note 2
Old January 9th, 2014, 01:02 PM   #27 (permalink)

Device(s): OG Droid, Galaxy Nexus, Galaxy Note III, Nexus 7

RAM. This thing never slows down.

I do use the S Pen way more frequently than I thought I would for lists, screen write and text/emailing links, photos, videos, etc.
drexappeal likes this.
Old January 9th, 2014, 01:27 PM   #28 (permalink)

Device(s):

Thanked 1,981 Times in 1,537 Posts

screen size..

i have not really taken advantage of the s-pen.
i want too.. but the need is not really there.

i also need to get more accustom to multi-window..
i find that it does NOT have the apps i want:
Dropbox and reading/editing documents.
ATT messaging app.
Google Voice

i have the ATT version.. so NO ROOTing for me.. YET.
because there are still some issues: Compass is f-ed up.. and notification LED is not working in all apps. I am hopping future update will fix this (hoping it is a software thing).

DropBox: register for free space (we both get 500MB extra space): http://db.tt/sWYVl3j6
Last edited by dan330; January 9th, 2014 at 01:29 PM.
Old January 9th, 2014, 03:40 PM   #29 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy Note 3, Nexus 7
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

AT&T slogan: "We're not happy til you're not happy."
dan330 likes this.
Old January 9th, 2014, 04:25 PM   #30 (permalink)

Device(s):

Thanked 1,981 Times in 1,537 Posts

but.. sprint service is bad...
just got on ATT... and the service is better (Dallas/Ft Worth Texas)
sponsored links
Old January 9th, 2014, 07:49 PM   #31 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan330 View Post
screen size..

i have not really taken advantage of the s-pen.
i want too.. but the need is not really there.

use it as a mouse while you're surfing the web.
no more pinch zooming so your fat finger can select something
Old January 9th, 2014, 07:56 PM   #32 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:

what app do you use for ur shopping list.
I used to use my iphone for my shopping list, how do I use my N3 for a shopping list?
Old January 10th, 2014, 12:28 AM   #33 (permalink)

Device(s): Thunderbolt(my first smartphone), Galaxy Note 2, Note 10.1 original

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceva321 View Post
Hi well for one thing the S pen works now on the"back" and "menu" buttons

Chinga, you have no idea how much I wish I could do that on my Note 2, I swear to God 90% of the time nothing touches my screen protector but the S-Pen.
Old January 10th, 2014, 12:46 AM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XiphoneUzer View Post
I used to use my iphone for my shopping list, how do I use my N3 for a shopping list?
Action memo is the easiest because it is one of the air command selections.
The Following User Says Thank You to drexappeal For This Useful Post:
XiphoneUzer (January 10th, 2014)
Old January 10th, 2014, 08:40 AM   #35 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 SanDisk 64GB MicroSD card SDXC Class 10 UHS-1 Mobile Ultra

Call Notification Window on Note 3 Episode 10 - YouTube

Its very usefull
dan330, drexappeal and MISS DIVA like this.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ilordvader For This Useful Post:
drexappeal (January 10th, 2014), MISS DIVA (January 10th, 2014), XiphoneUzer (January 10th, 2014)
Old January 10th, 2014, 11:39 AM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilordvader View Post
Oh, crap! That's something I would've had toggled from the beginning, had I known what it really did. I love that. Even though I've been able to manage without that, this would've been really convenient when I was making 4-5 trips to the store, to pick up different items from the grocery store.
Old January 10th, 2014, 01:20 PM   #37 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by drexappeal View Post
Action memo is the easiest because it is one of the air command selections.

Thanks, tried that and I have a list, but my handwriting sucks.
Where can I type out my items?

Sorry OP , I love the size of the screen the most (coming from 4s).
I also love the very readable phone log, (and many other things)
Last edited by XiphoneUzer; January 10th, 2014 at 01:32 PM.
Old January 10th, 2014, 05:05 PM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Thanks, tried that and I have a list, but my handwriting sucks.
Where can I type out my items?

Sorry OP , I love the size of the screen the most (coming from 4s).
I also love the very readable phone log, (and many other things)
If you want to type out your notes, You can still use S-Note or I suggest Evernote (Evernote Sync's with S-note, but you can access Evernote through a PC or on other devices).
Old January 10th, 2014, 07:53 PM   #39 (permalink)

The screen is my #1 favorite thing about this phone. All the features and top specs put it over the top, but it still comes down to that big beautiful screen!
Old January 11th, 2014, 01:40 AM   #40 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
I use HanDBase for lots of things like that. It's not free and can sometimes take a while to custom build your list, but once you do it's brilliant. With the grocery and fruit and vegetable lists for example, I have comprehensive lists of all the different items I buy. Each day I'll think, oh I need this and that, just open the list, search for the product or sometimes go straight to it alphabetically, and tick it's box. When I go to the store I just open the list in Buy view rather than All Items view and there's my list, made up over the previous days. As I get each item I just check the box in the list and the item disappears from the view. No items, you're done .
You can customise pretty much everything, I have a note and quantities etc section for each item so if she who matters most specifies a particular brand or whatever I just note that. Saves you making a new list each time but it's easy to add stuff when your needs change.
You can do much more than just lists but this is getting a bit blah blah so I'm out!
sponsored links
Old January 11th, 2014, 08:35 PM   #41 (permalink)

Device(s): Ascend Mate2 / Find 7 / OPO / LG G3 / Nexus 5 & 7 / Note 3 / HTC M8
Carrier: AT&T and T-Mobile

Super_Pen ...
Old January 12th, 2014, 07:29 AM   #42 (permalink)

Device(s):

Huuuge display
Old January 12th, 2014, 02:51 PM   #43 (permalink)

I would have to agree with the majority of y'all, the Spen and the huge display are the two things I like the most. When my wife got her N2 I decided I had to get the N3. Not to one up her but I was due for an upgrade in march and then my Bionic started crapping out so I decided on the N3. I am glad I did because of the versatility of it.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

Samsung is coming back with its legendary phablet. The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 comes packed with the best of specs, featuring a 5.7-inch display, a Snapdragon 800 procesor, a 3200 mAh battery and all the specs you can expect from a top-end device.&nb... Read More

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 3