Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Pisquie
  • 1 Post By dontpanicbobby

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old March 1st, 2014, 08:41 AM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default Action memo has stopped

Please help a newbie!

My Note 3 installed some automatic updates last night (local time) and now it has lost my Action memo (don't yet know if that is all the damage...).

All I get is the "Unfortunately, Action Memo has stopped" -message.

Have tried emptying cache and clearing data from application manager and have switched the phone off and removed battery. To no avail.

Is there any help? Preferrably in simple English - this is my very first smartphone. Haven't found anything, anywhere.

Advertisements
sponsored links
Old March 1st, 2014, 10:10 AM   #2 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy N3 / Samsung Galaxy S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pisquie View Post
Please help a newbie!

My Note 3 installed some automatic updates last night (local time) and now it has lost my Action memo (don't yet know if that is all the damage...).

All I get is the "Unfortunately, Action Memo has stopped" -message.

Have tried emptying cache and clearing data from application manager and have switched the phone off and removed battery. To no avail.

Is there any help? Preferrably in simple English - this is my very first smartphone. Haven't found anything, anywhere.
What updates to which applications? Have you modified your phone in any way? Like rooted it or installed any custom ROM on it?

Putting your phone in Safe Mode may also help determine if any of the applications you have installed are causing the problem.

The website below details the Safe Mode procedure for the Sprint version of the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 although I don't know the version of Note 3 you have it might work on your phone

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/faq/FAQ00057127/74025/SM-N900PZKESPR
Last edited by SkyJackpot; March 1st, 2014 at 10:31 AM.
Old March 1st, 2014, 10:29 AM   #3 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

Have done absolutely nothing to the phone that isn't mentioned in the manual, except allow the update, that the phone told me was automatic and necessary. It had a long alphanumerical name, which I did not write down.

I finally did a total boot and it works now (although I'm not sure if something else has stopped working in the meantime...)

I'd be very happy to get tips on how to avoid that kind of situation in the future. It also lost my keyboard and S Note and some other app, but those I managed to get back somehow. The Action memo seemed lost forever, though.
Old March 1st, 2014, 10:34 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Have done absolutely nothing to the phone that isn't mentioned in the manual, except allow the update, that the phone told me was automatic and necessary. It had a long alphanumerical name, which I did not write down.

I finally did a total boot and it works now (although I'm not sure if something else has stopped working in the meantime...)

I'd be very happy to get tips on how to avoid that kind of situation in the future. It also lost my keyboard and S Note and some other app, but those I managed to get back somehow. The Action memo seemed lost forever, though.
I dont know if it was a system update that you're talking about, but I'm glad it works now
Old March 1st, 2014, 10:42 AM   #5 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

I guess it must've been, but I don't know what updates even exist, since I've never owned a smartphone before. I accepted it since it kept nagging and looking important. But if I have to go through that kind s**t every time I get an update, I'll sell the thing and go back to my twenty year old phone instead.
Old March 1st, 2014, 11:19 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
I guess it must've been, but I don't know what updates even exist, since I've never owned a smartphone before. I accepted it since it kept nagging and looking important. But if I have to go through that kind s**t every time I get an update, I'll sell the thing and go back to my twenty year old phone instead.
To turn off the system update notification click your phone's menu button from the homes screen and then choose "manage apps" from the new menu that pops up.

Then you will be taken to a new screen with the words "Running", "Downloaded" and "All" at the top. Swipe your hand left or right until the word "All" is at the top of the screen and in the center position.

Now scroll downwards to the list of applications and look for "Google services framework".

Click onto the name "Google services framework" then you will be taken to a new screen with an option ticked called "show notifications". Untick / uncheck the box next to "show notifications so that it is empty". Now you shouldn't get any system update notifications.

System updates add or improve functionality, fix bugs as well as improve security for the user which is why they are highly recommended by the notifications.
Old March 1st, 2014, 11:37 AM   #7 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

SkyJackpot,

Thank you very much!

I'll write down the instructions you gave and use them in case I'll run into the same problem with the following update - so since you say they are useful, I'll give it one more chance.
SkyJackpot likes this.
Old March 4th, 2014, 11:41 PM   #8 (permalink)

Device(s): HTC One (M8), Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Samsung Galaxy S II, Google G1
Carrier: t-mobile

Welcome to the Note 3 Android forums Pisque. Unfortunately that particular notification and others like it have been plaguing the Note 3 since its original release software. No one seems to know why or how to stop them. I'm pretty sure we'll have to rely on Samsung to figure it out and post a fix.
Pisquie likes this.
Old March 5th, 2014, 04:06 AM   #9 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

Thanks, dontpanicbobby! There is a strange comfort in knowing everybody else has the same problem. Yes, let's hope Samsung finds a solution.
Old March 20th, 2014, 10:32 AM   #10 (permalink)

Device(s):

Default Unfortunately action nemo has stopped!

I bought a new notes3 and "Unfortunately action nemo has stopped!" appeared from the beginning so I never managed to activate it.
I forced stop and cleared all cache of the application but it is still there.
Is there any known workaround or a fix?
Thanks in advance
sponsored links
Old May 24th, 2014, 06:18 AM   #11 (permalink)

Device(s):

Well i don't know if it was just luck but i made it work...I open Action note WITHOUT the pen (with my finger) and it worked!!! After that it's working normaly with the pen. Try that and tell me if it works.
Old July 11th, 2014, 04:41 PM   #12 (permalink)

Device(s):

Samsung replaced Action Memo with S Note. Old notes are stored in device folder, actionmemo. Old notes can be read as jpg or deleted but not modified.
Last edited by travcar; July 11th, 2014 at 05:21 PM.
Old July 12th, 2014, 02:14 PM   #13 (permalink)
The Real Bass Creator

Device(s): Galaxy Note 3 4.4.2(Eclipse) , Nexus 7 (Stock), (RIP) Galaxy Nexus 4.4(SlimKat)
Carrier: Verizon

Thanked 3,424 Times in 2,164 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by travcar View Post
Samsung replaced Action Memo with S Note. Old notes are stored in device folder, actionmemo. Old notes can be read as jpg or deleted but not modified.
Action Memo still exists in 4.4, they didn't remove it.

I love this community and so should you! So before posting please read:
Site Rules & Guidelines and Android FAQ's
Old July 12th, 2014, 03:00 PM   #14 (permalink)

Device(s):

Default Action Note stopped working

In my Samsung Note 3, Action Memo is present, but it stopped working. S Note appears to be the app that has the same function.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

Samsung is coming back with its legendary phablet. The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 comes packed with the best of specs, featuring a 5.7-inch display, a Snapdragon 800 procesor, a 3200 mAh battery and all the specs you can expect from a top-end device.&nb... Read More

Tags
action memo

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 3