Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 3

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old March 6th, 2014, 01:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default No Unlock Sound following KitKat update

I have the N9005 version of the Note3 (unlocked international). Just upgraded to KitKat. All runs well except I notice there is no longer an unlock sound. I am using a PIN to unlock and also running Button Savior with Key. Prior to the upgrade would hear a click after typing in my pin. Using the power button to lock my Note 3 I do hear a clock. So post upgrade it seems the lock sound still functions but the unlock doesnt. Have already ticked with all the relevant sound and unlock settings to no avail. Whats up? You got the same problem? Thanks in advance Braddah.

Advertisements
sponsored links
Old March 6th, 2014, 01:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
AF Addict

Device(s): Note3 running X-Note 4.3 in Safestrap Stock slot.
Carrier: AT&T

Thanked 2,880 Times in 2,640 Posts

See, we're all different. I HATE that unlock sound when you swipe and I'm glad it's going away. I also hate the beeps when I put in my pin.
Old March 6th, 2014, 01:44 PM   #3 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rukbat View Post
See, we're all different. I HATE that unlock sound when you swipe and I'm glad it's going away. I also hate the beeps when I put in my pin.
Braddah, to each his own. I'm wondering if this is normal, a bug, or some conflict with one of my apps. Would like the sound back. You can easily turn yours off if you dislike it so much.
Old March 7th, 2014, 12:29 PM   #4 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldFong View Post
I have the N9005 version of the Note3 (unlocked international). Just upgraded to KitKat. All runs well except I notice there is no longer an unlock sound. I am using a PIN to unlock and also running Button Savior with Key. Prior to the upgrade would hear a click after typing in my pin. Using the power button to lock my Note 3 I do hear a clock. So post upgrade it seems the lock sound still functions but the unlock doesnt. Have already ticked with all the relevant sound and unlock settings to no avail. Whats up? You got the same problem? Thanks in advance Braddah.
I've just noticed mine too. Been fiddling el with the phone to turn it on but no luck. Must be a bug
Old March 7th, 2014, 12:52 PM   #5 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note3, Samsung Tab2 10.1, Samsung Note 10.1
Carrier: T-Mobile

I just turned my lock screen sound on and it's working for me after updating Im on T-Mobile
Old March 10th, 2014, 12:55 AM   #6 (permalink)

Device(s): HTC One (M8), Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Samsung Galaxy S II, Google G1
Carrier: t-mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by picord View Post
I just turned my lock screen sound on and it's working for me after updating Im on T-Mobile
Same here.
Old April 4th, 2014, 06:13 PM   #7 (permalink)

Device(s):

Default solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldFong View Post
I found a weird solution to this. Go to settings>device>Wallpaper> home and lock screen, select live wallpaper and you will have working lock sound and unlock sound. Also sound well be different than default one.
Hit thanks if helped
Old April 7th, 2014, 01:33 PM   #8 (permalink)

Device(s):

Default More on the solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodXen View Post
I found a weird solution to this. Go to settings>device>Wallpaper> home and lock screen, select live wallpaper and you will have working lock sound and unlock sound. Also sound well be different than default one.
Hit thanks if helped
I have the same problem, and see your solution. Then I follow it to test and it works. Then I notice something, which makes your solution not weird at all...

When I change the wall paper, I found that the settings -> device -> lock screen -> unlock effect is disabled. So I do the following test.

If I change back to my usual wall paper, then no unlock again. Then I leave the wall paper unchange, go to the unlock effect and set it to none. The unlock sound is exactly the same as applying your solution.

So your changing wall paper solution actually works because of its side effect that disabled the unlock effect, which is the actual cause of the unlock sound problem.

Note: my phone using language other than English, so I hope that my "translation" of the setting path is correct.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

Samsung is coming back with its legendary phablet. The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 comes packed with the best of specs, featuring a 5.7-inch display, a Snapdragon 800 procesor, a 3200 mAh battery and all the specs you can expect from a top-end device.&nb... Read More

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 3