Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 3

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old March 6th, 2014, 02:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default Ford Sync Default Music App

Hey everyone,

Not sure if this is the correct place to put this but I've got an issue that I can't find a solution to. I'll keep it brief if I can.

I have a Note 3 and recently bought a used Ford Vehicle with MyTouch and SYNC. My wife has a Ford vehicle with SYNC as well. I'm a huge Google Music listener and when I would get in my wifes car and click AUX it would automatically play my Google Music right where I left it off and it was amazing! Could keep my phone in my pocket and use the steering controls to skip, pause, etc.

So now that I have a Ford vehicle with SYNC I got all excited and thought that this wonderful experience would come to me as well. It has however been more of a headache than anything.

SYNC keeps defaulting to the crummy Android Music app. I turn my vehicle on, click Entertainment, click BT Audio and magically the Music app starts up instead of going back to where I left my vehicle manually starting up Google Music.

Does anyone have this issue? Any way possible I can fix it? I JUST want to be able to start my car, push a button and not have to pull my phone out of my pocket...close down the Music App, go to my Google Music widget and press play again just to hear my music.

Thanks!

-brilor04

Advertisements
sponsored links
Old March 6th, 2014, 05:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
AF Addict

Device(s): Note3 running X-Note 4.3 in Safestrap Stock slot.
Carrier: AT&T

Thanked 2,880 Times in 2,640 Posts

Install Default App Manager in your phone and your wife's phone. See what the default audio-type (or dock) apps are. Make yours the same as hers.
Old March 7th, 2014, 07:02 AM   #3 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Ok so I think I figured it out. I saw another quick post somewhere else and this is what it said to do if you have MyTouch:

- Turn your phone off and remove the battery
- Start the car and remove all USB's and SD cards
- Go to settings and touch System and find Master Reset
- It will warn you that it will wipe all the information from the vehicle, touch OK
- The process will take about 2 minutes or so and your system will totally be reset.
- Put the battery back in your phone and turn it on
- Reconnect your phone via bluetooth from scratch and import phone book, etc.

For the safe side I turned on Google Music and then pressed the Bluetooth Audio and now it seems to work every time I get in the car!

Hope this helps someone else down the road!

-brilor04
The Following User Says Thank You to brilor04 For This Useful Post:
xaelith (March 7th, 2014)

Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

Samsung is coming back with its legendary phablet. The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 comes packed with the best of specs, featuring a 5.7-inch display, a Snapdragon 800 procesor, a 3200 mAh battery and all the specs you can expect from a top-end device.&nb... Read More

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 3