Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 3

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old April 2nd, 2014, 08:13 AM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Default Worthy upgrade from S4?

I'm just putting this out there for comments that may help clear some things up. I want to learn all I can.

I have a Galaxy S4 on Verizon since the day after launch last year. For the most part I love it. The only issue is this is my 3rd replacement due to a headphone jack issue. That issue was that it didn't want to snap things in and so it would cut out. This refurbished one has lasted me 4+ months finally with no issues.

I may just be greedy but I'm not sure. I'm exploring the idea of the note 3. I use my phone to play music in my car, but often as a computer. I order things from the internet, browse blogs and the web, watch YouTube videos, take lots of pictures, text, etc.

I think the bigger screen and S-Pen could be very beneficial for content viewing, but since I carry it in my front pocket and work blue collar, that same size may be pushing it.

I'm not necessarily in need of 32gb of storage since I have a 32gb card, but I won't complain. I also don't need another GB of ram but I'm fine with that too.

I don't know if the N3 actually offers any performance differences I would notice.

Anyhow I would love to hear what some of you think when it comes to my usage style and how the N3 may shine or not make a difference over the S4.

Thanks in advance!

Advertisements
sponsored links
Old April 2nd, 2014, 09:37 AM   #2 (permalink)

Device(s): SGN3 on O2 UK
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloriousnumber1 View Post
I'm just putting this out there for comments that may help clear some things up. I want to learn all I can.

I have a Galaxy S4 on Verizon since the day after launch last year. For the most part I love it. The only issue is this is my 3rd replacement due to a headphone jack issue. That issue was that it didn't want to snap things in and so it would cut out. This refurbished one has lasted me 4+ months finally with no issues.

I may just be greedy but I'm not sure. I'm exploring the idea of the note 3. I use my phone to play music in my car, but often as a computer. I order things from the internet, browse blogs and the web, watch YouTube videos, take lots of pictures, text, etc.

I think the bigger screen and S-Pen could be very beneficial for content viewing, but since I carry it in my front pocket and work blue collar, that same size may be pushing it.

I'm not necessarily in need of 32gb of storage since I have a 32gb card, but I won't complain. I also don't need another GB of ram but I'm fine with that too.

I don't know if the N3 actually offers any performance differences I would notice.

Anyhow I would love to hear what some of you think when it comes to my usage style and how the N3 may shine or not make a difference over the S4.

Thanks in advance!
these are typical things I and other N3 owners would say yes to - but then we would!

Use the search function. Theres lots of good help on here.

Personally I've not owned an S4 but the gf has, and I've noticed its laggier than my N3 and not as quick.
Old April 2nd, 2014, 10:56 AM   #3 (permalink)

Device(s): SGSII (GT-i9100)-SOLD SGSIII(GT-i9300)-SOLD SGS4 (GT-i9505)-SOLD
Carrier: Vodafone UK

Well I have owned and liked both. But, and it is a big "but" the international versions of both. I know carrier/US versions can be very different from what the rest of the world is using.

Having said that for the screen size, S-pen and (on international versions at least) the extra 1GB of RAM is, IMHO only worth it if your not gong to spend more than a handful of dollars upgrading. It really is pretty subjective although I feel my "upgrade" was worth it.

"The only foolish question is the question not asked"-Anon
Old April 2nd, 2014, 11:40 PM   #4 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9005 Black 32GB
Carrier: Three (UK)

I had an S4 and I am glad I got the Note 3 instead. It is weird now .. A colleague asked me a question about his S4 and when I took it in my hand I thought its the mini .. I got so used to the size that anything smaller seems midget ... Perfect size (for me anyway).

Not using the S-Pen much apart from within games lol .. Things where you need a bit more precision - Hayday, sme drawing games and the lot .. Apart from that its mostly tucked away ...

Edit: Actually I am using the S-Pen for writing texts / messages as well (swype).
Old April 7th, 2014, 06:14 PM   #5 (permalink)
esn

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Tab 7"
Carrier: Not Provided

Send a message via ICQ to esn

Coming from the S4 the Note 3 is a nice upgrade. I also carry mine in top pockets with no issues. To me it was worth the jump IMO.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

Samsung is coming back with its legendary phablet. The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 comes packed with the best of specs, featuring a 5.7-inch display, a Snapdragon 800 procesor, a 3200 mAh battery and all the specs you can expect from a top-end device.&nb... Read More

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Note 3