With the international update rolled out, I'm wishing to go back to ICS now. Any way to do this without rooting? Root guide
These are the issues I've encountered with 4.1.2
Will there be an update to fix this for the Note? (4.2
out only for Nexus?) Fix:
For now, I have to hold down the Home button > open Task Manager (left most pie chart looking icon at the bottom) > RAM > Clear Memory
2. Before updating, it didn't backup my files
and in fact, I've lost some files/settings after the update. So make sure you guys backup before you update
3. Torch app
? It got replaced with Assistive light, which isn't as good since it doesn't have three lights: dim, medium, bright. Fix:
Found a rooted version
4. Unable to customize home page icons!
(The five at the bottom of the screen with Phone, Contacts, S Note, Messaging, Apps) Instead of S Note (or was it Memo before?) I used to have a different icon, but now I see no way to edit these settings. Fix:
Found Launcher apps
to customize it but anyone have another solution?
5. Photo editor replaced by Paper Artist
?! It used to be simple and effective! eff that, the app Pixlr Express
is much better.
6. Screenshotting with the S-pen is annoying
I just click the Home button + Power button simultaneously for screenshots now
7. Power Saving mode
- why won't it work for me?! Keeps saying I need to enable atleast one function... er I have a billion "functions" running! Does it work for anyone else? Used to save a lot of power when I was on the go..
8. Page Buddy can go die
. It's the page that comes every time you put in your headsets. Fix:
You can turn it off in Settings > Display > Page buddy
9. Rocket Player - I like rocket player far better than Music Player, but it starts playing automatically even though I turned off Page Buddy. To turn it off, you need to open up Rocket Player > Menu button > Settings > Operation > Headset Settings > uncheck Begin Play on Connect
That's all the issues I've encountered for now, feel free to add your own bugs and/or fixes for them to help each other out! Thanks!