October 2nd, 2010, 07:40 AM
Thread Author (OP)
Join Date: Oct 2010
Carrier: Not Provided
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Help with internet settings needed ASAP please..
I just bought one of these that has been unlocked from 3 and I'm using it with a Virgin Mobile sim card. I've put the following virgin settings in..
Setting up the Device
The settings are saved and the service is ready for use.
- On the device, press the Menu key.
- Select Settings > Wireless controls > Mobile networks > Access Point Names.
- Press the Menu key and select New APN.
- Select Name, enter Virgin Enhanced and press OK.
- Select APN, enter goto.virginmobile.uk and press OK.
- Select Proxy, enter 220.127.116.11 and press OK.
- Select Port, enter 8080 and press OK.
- Enter the user name and password listed below. If no value is listed, leave the field blank.
- User name: user
- Select APN type, select internet.
- Press the Menu key and select Save.
- Select Access Point Names
- Press the radio button next to Virgin Enhanced to set the profile as default.
- Press the Home key.
- Slide open the applications menu and select Browser.
- Press the Menu key and select More > Settings > Set home page.
- Enter Virgin Portal and press OK.
it wont work though. As soon as I open the browser it says http://www.mobile.three.co.uk/hb/hutchkey
cannot be displayed, even though I've changed the homepage to the virgin one. If I try to navigate to any other page I get the same error. Hope someone can help as if I can't get it working, I'll have to return in.