Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Precedent

Find everything you need for the Galaxy S5 and discuss it in our S5 forum!
Have you seen that OnePlus One's awesome camera?? The forum is over here!

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old April 8th, 2012, 03:40 AM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Question i need help asap, please?

so i just got this phone a couple days ago and i decided to root it and get new firmware. so i rooted it just fine, got some apps for it, one of which was rom manager, and through that i did that clockwork mod but it didnt have this phone on there so i chose a random one, it downloaded it and i went install. it said i was going to shut off then reboot and that was cool, but it shut off and now it wont turn back on at all, ive tried recovery mode, download mode. you name it i most likely tried it and i dont know what to do, i cant jtag it and i dont have the money to send it off to get fixed. i have no idea what to do. any help would be great, i dont want to have to throw away a brand new phone just because of something this stupid

killjoy463 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old April 8th, 2012, 06:16 AM   #2 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

im pretty sure i can fix this if i could get my phone into download mode
killjoy463 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2012, 06:29 AM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
akashik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 110
 
Device(s): ASUS TF101 -Team EOS 3 *JELLYBEAN* Nightly # 81, -KatKernel # 55d, -TWRP 2.3.1.1.
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 14
Thanked 34 Times in 28 Posts
Default

You might be out of luck, but there may be some help in this thread over at the Prevail forum:

Do not use ROM Manager

As you've only had it a few days you should be able to return it (you kept the receipt?).
akashik is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2012, 06:37 AM   #4 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akashik View Post
You might be out of luck, but there may be some help in this thread over at the Prevail forum:

Do not use ROM Manager

As you've only had it a few days you should be able to return it (you kept the receipt?).

i was trying to use odin to fix it but i cant get it into download mode

but, yes i should still have the recept, bad thing is, im out of state and wont be back for a week. so im not too sure where its at. i read in the thread i could send it to samsung? you know if that would work, i dont really want to wait but its better than buying a new one or sending it off to a random person for them to fix.
killjoy463 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2012, 07:26 AM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
akashik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 110
 
Device(s): ASUS TF101 -Team EOS 3 *JELLYBEAN* Nightly # 81, -KatKernel # 55d, -TWRP 2.3.1.1.
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 14
Thanked 34 Times in 28 Posts
Default

I tend to favor the path of least resistance. You shouldn't have a problem if you just return it with the receipt and keep it simple. Just tell them you rebooted your phone and it didn't work any more. I presume you got it at Walmart and you're telling the truth (to a point).

Walmart Return Policy Exception:

"Computers, camcorders, digital cameras, digital music players, e-tablets, e-readers, portable video players, GPS units, video game hardware, pre-paid cell phones, and post-paid cell phones must be returned within 15 days with a receipt."


It looks like you have some time, so I'd try that first.
akashik is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2012, 04:04 PM   #6 (permalink)
AF Contributor
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Fayetteville, NC, USA
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,136
 
Device(s): Note3 stock (so far) been replaced. Working great so far.
Carrier: AT&T

Thanks: 9
Thanked 2,584 Times in 2,390 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akashik View Post
"Computers, camcorders, digital cameras, digital music players, e-tablets, e-readers, portable video players, GPS units, video game hardware, pre-paid cell phones, and post-paid cell phones must be returned within 15 days with a receipt."

It looks like you have some time, so I'd try that first.
That's if you just decide to return it. If it's defective (we'll ignore the cause of the defect here, since Walmart is probably not going to be able to determine that), it's covered by the warranty, not the return policy. And, since you can buy Walmart's extended warranty within 30 days of the purchase, the original warranty has to be at least that long. (At very worst, if it's day 30 since the purchase, you can purchase the extended warranty online, then bring the phone in any time during the following 11 months.)
Rukbat is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2012, 01:11 AM   #7 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 13
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rukbat View Post
That's if you just decide to return it. If it's defective (we'll ignore the cause of the defect here, since Walmart is probably not going to be able to determine that), it's covered by the warranty, not the return policy. And, since you can buy Walmart's extended warranty within 30 days of the purchase, the original warranty has to be at least that long. (At very worst, if it's day 30 since the purchase, you can purchase the extended warranty online, then bring the phone in any time during the following 11 months.)
OK . (Dont worry 2 MUCH) BUT lets talk facts
1st. U used RomManager (Does not work on this PHONE)
2nd U bricked your phone
3rd by rooting your phone u voided your any warranty u have on it.
4th wal-mart might take it back for return if your lucky.
5th call S. Talk tell them your new phone just shut off and wont power. DO NOT TELL THEM U ROOTED AND USED A 3RD PARTY Mod.(it will not help u ) They will walk u tru download mode with and with out battery,pluged in and not pluged in., they will give up and send you a bag to put your old phone and charger in and in 7 to 14 days you will have a brand new refurbished phone.
sorry for the bluntness but I speak from 1st hand experience on this. I did the same exact thing 3 days after I got my 1st phone.
So don't worry about lost money,or the phone
You can get it replaced one way or the other
AzHavicx is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2012, 10:24 PM   #8 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
eyezek408's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 15
 
Device(s): HTC evo design 4g
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by killjoy463 View Post
so i just got this phone a couple days ago and i decided to root it and get new firmware. so i rooted it just fine, got some apps for it, one of which was rom manager, and through that i did that clockwork mod but it didnt have this phone on there so i chose a random one, it downloaded it and i went install. it said i was going to shut off then reboot and that was cool, but it shut off and now it wont turn back on at all, ive tried recovery mode, download mode. you name it i most likely tried it and i dont know what to do, i cant jtag it and i dont have the money to send it off to get fixed. i have no idea what to do. any help would be great, i dont want to have to throw away a brand new phone just because of something this stupid

Odin stock zip is what you need. Go to my posts and you will find the thread. It installs it back to when you bought it.
eyezek408 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Samsung Galaxy Precedent
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The Samsung Galaxy Precedent is an entry level device for Straight Talk. Unlike some of it's Galaxy S cousins, you wont find some of the higher end "Galaxy S" features and it doesn't have the familiar TouchWhiz interface seen on s... Read More

Tags
clockwork mod, cyanogemod 7.1, download mode, galaxy, jtag, precedent, recovery, recovery mode, root, samsung


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Precedent
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:42 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.