Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Prevail

New Forums: Nexus Player | Nexus 9
test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old August 29th, 2011, 09:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 80
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 9
Thanked 15 Times in 9 Posts
Default Samsung Galaxy Precedent

Looks like the same phone as the Prevail. $150 for phone and $45 for unlimited plan supposedly on Sprints towers; wonder if it will have the same great coverage map as the other ST phones? Can we get a new forum going for this phone?

Samsung Galaxy Precedent coming to Straight Talk, seemingly $150 off-contract (video) - Engadget

Straight Talk - Samsung Galaxy Precedent Reserve

Advertisements
androidnewbie2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to androidnewbie2 For This Useful Post:
cammykool (September 1st, 2011), Mr.Push (August 29th, 2011)
sponsored links
Old August 30th, 2011, 05:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
cammykool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Aurora CO
Posts: 2,047
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3 HTC One V LG Optimus V Motorola Droid A855 Nexus 7
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Thanks: 232
Thanked 266 Times in 189 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to cammykool cjs.tanner@gmail.com
Default

on ther first link at the end of the video they how a side angle when removing the sd card and you seea a littlke sliver of black papaer showing its a prevail
cammykool is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2011, 01:07 AM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
Topken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 206
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 18 Times in 16 Posts
Default

Looks like the straight talk icon is stuck on with glue lol. It looks like it can be peeled back unlike the prevail. So this may just be the prevail but with a different sticker on it
Topken is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2011, 01:03 AM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 442
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Prevail, Asus EePad Transformer Prime
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 81
Thanked 67 Times in 37 Posts
Default

looks exactly like the prevail.
fcortes626 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2011, 08:18 AM   #5 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Rooted straight talk Samsung Galaxy Precedent

So i got my phone yesterday from straight talk and after reading a bunch of the forum on Galaxy pervail decided to try to root it since they are almost the same phone. Just letting everyone know it worked great! Downloaded usb driver, then did on click install as described on Samsung Galaxy Pervail forum. So yeah it can be done.
spoffer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2011, 07:10 PM   #6 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoffer View Post
So i got my phone yesterday from straight talk and after reading a bunch of the forum on Galaxy pervail decided to try to root it since they are almost the same phone. Just letting everyone know it worked great! Downloaded usb driver, then did on click install as described on Samsung Galaxy Pervail forum. So yeah it can be done.
Can someone start a new top-thread for the Samsung Galaxy Precedent?

Also, though I have now read several threads about rooting, I still don't quite understand how I would go about getting my phone back to the way it is now if something goes wrong or I just need to reformat it back to it's current (unrooted)state.

Do I need to do anything special, or will I be able to do a factory reset on this Precedent if anything goes wonky to reset everything?

Also, it seems like the Prevail might be almost the exact same phone from different carriers (Straight talk Precedent VS Boost Prevail) so will any of the current backups and ROMs for the Prevail work fine for the Precedent, or should I wait until there are specific files?

Thanks very much in advance!
foofdawg is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2011, 04:05 PM   #7 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I to got my samsung precedent rooted , did it with shabbymod 0.9
BUT now my camera wouldn't work-Says (camera error, cannot connect to camera!)
so my straight talk phone now has a boost mobile logo on home screen. I am a complete nooby to rooting, numb question here, will i have a problem refilling my acct. next month? can straight talk tell i modded the phone? well my main concern is the camera right now. sharon k.
sharon kenney is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2011, 11:16 AM   #8 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 5
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Question Needed help with USB drivers for Precedent (Samsung)

Hello Guys,

Forgive me for this question, but I am a total novice with smartphones, and android. I am trying to tether a Precedent to my PC, but I cannot find the USB drivers for it so I can root it.
Samsung does not have any drivers listed for my particular model, SCH-M828C, and when I call them, they refered me to the carriers technical support (Straight Talk / Tracphone). The carrier did not have any information about drivers.
I also attempted to install the samsung driver detective software, but it gives me an Error 1001 code everytime, and quits before finishing the install.

Please be as explicit in your answers as possible. This is my first time doing any of this. Thanks
Infante
Cernicalo1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2011, 07:09 PM   #9 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 160
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 61
Thanked 44 Times in 23 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cernicalo1 View Post
Hello Guys,

Forgive me for this question, but I am a total novice with smartphones, and android. I am trying to tether a Precedent to my PC, but I cannot find the USB drivers for it so I can root it.
Samsung does not have any drivers listed for my particular model, SCH-M828C, and when I call them, they refered me to the carriers technical support (Straight Talk / Tracphone). The carrier did not have any information about drivers.
I also attempted to install the samsung driver detective software, but it gives me an Error 1001 code everytime, and quits before finishing the install.

Please be as explicit in your answers as possible. This is my first time doing any of this. Thanks
Infante
use samsungs usb drivers for the prevail... same phone..
murderousone is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2011, 08:34 AM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
J6Remy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Gender: Male
Posts: 345
 
Device(s): LG Nexus 4-CM10 Nexus 7 2nd Gen Verizon Ellipsis Too many to list :p
Carrier: Trisomy 21

Thanks: 128
Thanked 172 Times in 85 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by murderousone View Post
use samsungs usb drivers for the prevail... same phone..
From what I seen, the precedent is physically the same, but after rooting, more than a few precedent owners have problems with other mods..
J6Remy is online now  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old September 27th, 2011, 06:57 PM   #11 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: PA/NJ Usa
Posts: 922
 
Device(s): Evo 3d. Evo 4g. Galaxy SII. Nexus S 4g. Galaxy Prevail (the most loved), Galaxy S3
Carrier: Boost Mobile

Thanks: 62
Thanked 346 Times in 213 Posts
Default

The hardware is the same. But the software on the phone is very different. CDMA phones are not like GSM phones. In GSM you can just swap the sim chip and away you go, as long as the phone is not locked. But with CDMA phones the phone's software is specially designed for that provider.

That's why you cannot take a Verizon phone and easily use it on Sprint's network or vice versa. I remember having a free and clear (and in pristine shape) Blackberry back in the day from Verizon. I wanted to use it on Sprint. I just refuse to bow to Verizon... the steps that I'd have to go through to make it compatible (and it wasn't 100%)... Simply not worth it in my opinion.
kolosus is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2011, 08:43 PM   #12 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 44
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7
Thanked 18 Times in 6 Posts
Default

here is what i tried to make for precident owners rooted stock image all files included usb driver odin and all
http://androidforums.com/galaxy-prevail-all-things-root/375550-odin-5.html#post3257263
davew41 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to davew41 For This Useful Post:
cheapsmartfone (October 17th, 2011)
Old September 30th, 2011, 02:29 PM   #13 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 44
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7
Thanked 18 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cernicalo1 View Post
Hello Guys,

Forgive me for this question, but I am a total novice with smartphones, and android. I am trying to tether a Precedent to my PC, but I cannot find the USB drivers for it so I can root it.
Samsung does not have any drivers listed for my particular model, SCH-M828C, and when I call them, they refered me to the carriers technical support (Straight Talk / Tracphone). The carrier did not have any information about drivers.
I also attempted to install the samsung driver detective software, but it gives me an Error 1001 code everytime, and quits before finishing the install.

Please be as explicit in your answers as possible. This is my first time doing any of this. Thanks
Infante
Use my suite to root your PRECEDENT back to stock with root and busybox added... this has been tested on at least 11 straight talk precedents..
just read the readme. it includes everything you need..
usb drivers
odin program and the tar files to make it all happen.

this is not for the boost phone you wont get the boost load screen and anamations this came directly off of a PRECEDENT


MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
davew41 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to davew41 For This Useful Post:
CharlesPreced (October 28th, 2011), cheapsmartfone (October 17th, 2011), tmanschuette (October 21st, 2011), woobieizer (October 16th, 2011)
Old October 15th, 2011, 12:06 PM   #14 (permalink)
tah
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Couple of quick questions.........

I'm a noob to rooting but certainly NOT technology challenged!

1) Would you suggest doing this with a Laptop to avoid any possible power interruptions

2) After rooting will I have a lot more available memory for apps? I've reaad where everything but the core applications will then run from the card negating the onboard memory deficiency, true or false? Hopefully true since this would be my only reason for rooting, really short on memory! Thought the original Droid was short on memory but this ST Phone is pitiful!

3) All apps work fine after rooting? Do I need to do a backup to save items like contacts, notes, spreadsheets....etc?

4) Returning to "factory" condition easy to do? In case of warranty issue.

Thanks for any help............
tah is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2011, 09:04 AM   #15 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 53
 
Device(s): Slave of the remote
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 16
Thanked 16 Times in 12 Posts
Default Google Talk Authenticaion ... fails. help!!

Thanks davew41~


did any of the 11 overcome the "Google Talk Authentication Failed" and inability to dwnload from Android Marketplace after said failure to?
Long question for what i am experiencing:

I did the procedure twice to be sure, but dwnloading apps eventually errors out, and the Google Talk Authentication 'failure message starts'.

Any suggestions/ Help?

ANSWERED
woobieizer is offline  
Last edited by woobieizer; October 16th, 2011 at 09:03 PM. Reason: ANSWERED
Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2011, 02:00 PM   #16 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 30
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Default ok here u go

here is what i did, mine works great still...

1. flash the rom
2. Reset to default settings
3. setup gmail
4. let it sync
5. restart your phone (turn off, remove battery, wait 5 mins, put battery back in, turn phone back on)

i have had mine flashed for over a week with no problems
nsomniac is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nsomniac For This Useful Post:
woobieizer (October 16th, 2011)
Old October 16th, 2011, 02:12 PM   #17 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 53
 
Device(s): Slave of the remote
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 16
Thanked 16 Times in 12 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsomniac View Post
here is what i did, mine works great still...

1. flash the rom
2. Reset to default settings
3. setup gmail
4. let it sync
5. restart your phone (turn off, remove battery, wait 5 mins, put battery back in, turn phone back on)

i have had mine flashed for over a week with no problems
Excuse the noob question, but what is "Step 2" how is that preformed?
woobieizer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2011, 02:31 PM   #18 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 53
 
Device(s): Slave of the remote
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 16
Thanked 16 Times in 12 Posts
Default

It has only been 5 hours since I asked init. ? but i have not seen another problem w/ Google Talk or Market dwnload prob. by following the steps listed:

eddy514
Level 1
3/3/11


if you get the "Google Talk Authentication Failed" error when you try to go into your market for the first time.

Go to settings, applications, manage applications, and go the all tab, find Google Services Framework. Force stop and clear data.

Go back to the all apps list, and find market and clear cache.

RESTART DEVICE

FIXED! 36 of 46 people found this answer helpful. Did you?

caveat: one extra step was going directly to "Talk" app and launching to see it connect to my gmail account.
I've since restarted the phone a couple time to take pictures for obtaining help in other areas, if the restarts diminish my troubleshooting.... idk.. just that it has not prompted the error or failure.

HTML Code:
http://androidforums.com/galaxy-prevail-all-things-root/390234-clockworkmod-updated-9-12-11-a-7.html#post3332001
woobieizer is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to woobieizer For This Useful Post:
Rebecca928 (October 24th, 2011), vo1tage (January 2nd, 2012)
Old October 16th, 2011, 02:41 PM   #19 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 53
 
Device(s): Slave of the remote
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 16
Thanked 16 Times in 12 Posts
Default Adobe Flash for Precedent?

I want to watch Godzilla movies on Crackle and it requires Flash.
Been kinda miffed by not being compatible with the Adobe Flash 11 offered at the Android Market Place.

Has anybody / Can anybody suggest a fix?

Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo.jpg (17.4 KB, 13 views)
woobieizer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2011, 02:53 PM   #20 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 30
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Default ok here u go

hold the vol up button when you power it on and use the vol down button to highlight restore factory settings then push the camera button to select it

let me mention also that i did have the authentication failed problem also... but this fixed it right up
nsomniac is offline  
Last edited by nsomniac; October 16th, 2011 at 02:57 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nsomniac For This Useful Post:
woobieizer (October 16th, 2011)
sponsored links
Old October 16th, 2011, 03:10 PM   #21 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 53
 
Device(s): Slave of the remote
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 16
Thanked 16 Times in 12 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsomniac View Post
hold the vol up button when you power it on and use the vol down button to highlight restore factory settings then push the camera button to select it

let me mention also that i did have the authentication failed problem also... but this fixed it right up

I did not do that, although i was familiar w/ the step. Kinda thought it was going to erase the work/load of davew41 hand made Precedent tar files. lol... but i guess its on there good and firm (warez) now: pun intended.

Thanks nsomniac!
woobieizer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2011, 04:44 PM   #22 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 53
 
Device(s): Slave of the remote
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 16
Thanked 16 Times in 12 Posts
Default What I see as different

Quote:
Originally Posted by tah View Post
Couple of quick questions.........

I'm a noob to rooting but certainly NOT technology challenged!

1) Would you suggest doing this with a Laptop to avoid any possible power interruptions

2) After rooting will I have a lot more available memory for apps? I've reaad where everything but the core applications will then run from the card negating the onboard memory deficiency, true or false? Hopefully true since this would be my only reason for rooting, really short on memory! Thought the original Droid was short on memory but this ST Phone is pitiful!

3) All apps work fine after rooting? Do I need to do a backup to save items like contacts, notes, spreadsheets....etc?

4) Returning to "factory" condition easy to do? In case of warranty issue.

Thanks for any help............


I'll have a crack at tackling some of you REALLY good questions. Please refer to thumbnails for question 2.

.
  1. A1. Yes use your lappy. If you run into trouble w/samsung usb drivers killing your USB..ie device not recognized..OMG!! Turn off your Lappy, unplug your power, remove battery, wait a few mins, press and hold your pwr button to discharge capacitors, plug everybody back in and return to tasks this happen to me so just in case.

  2. A2. Assuming you have correctly installed the davew41 root suite, you'll need to install at Android Market... Titanium Backup. Then the thumbs will make scene. (73.1mb Free: from 25.5mb Free)

  3. A3. Save your stuff or ensure your stuff is already on SD. Contacts, pics, docs.

  4. A4. This is a special mod that is for Samsung Precedent but w/ Superuser installed, and BusyBox. In other words it is obvious you tweaked it, yet looks, feels, preforms as your outtathebox ST dealio is. Boot is normal with the Blue TrackPhon splashscreen and all. If one was to look at the installed apps however, one looking for Superuser would see it and know it was modded.

I hope this helps you in your endeavors.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg device-2011-10-16-165449.jpg (34.2 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg device-2011-10-16-165458.jpg (27.2 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg device-2011-10-16-165551.jpg (33.8 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg device-2011-10-16-165616.jpg (31.5 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg device-2011-10-16-165718.jpg (23.4 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg device-2011-10-16-170020.jpg (23.8 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg device-2011-10-16-170059.jpg (34.0 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg device-2011-10-16-170105.jpg (24.8 KB, 27 views)
woobieizer is offline  
Last edited by woobieizer; October 16th, 2011 at 04:48 PM. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to woobieizer For This Useful Post:
tmanschuette (October 21st, 2011)
Old October 18th, 2011, 07:01 AM   #23 (permalink)
New Member
 
breley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 4
 
Device(s): Samsung SGH-i897
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to breley
Default

Question for Precedent experts: Is there a way to directly access internal memory and mount it via USB? I have an acquaintance who is running into memory problems with his device, but only the external MicroSD card appears to mount on this device, unlike my Captivate. Would rooting the device "unblock" this limitation?
breley is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2011, 09:57 PM   #24 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 12
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by breley View Post
Question for Precedent experts: Is there a way to directly access internal memory and mount it via USB? I have an acquaintance who is running into memory problems with his device, but only the external MicroSD card appears to mount on this device, unlike my Captivate. Would rooting the device "unblock" this limitation?
If your talking about un-mounting the sd card you can easily do it from settings
tmanschuette is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2011, 10:00 PM   #25 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 12
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

So is there any other problems people are having with rooting the precedent? I have tried other ways but no success.. IDK if i should do it or not cuz if it messes up i have no money to replace it.. Please respond soon!...
tmanschuette is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2011, 03:15 PM   #26 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 3
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

How do i unroot my Precedent?
Jk666420 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2011, 06:08 PM   #27 (permalink)
Member
 
PoorBoy52760's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Moscow, Iowa
Gender: Male
Posts: 137
 
Device(s): Droid RazrM - Proclaim - Precedent - All running AreaRom!
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 10
Thanked 50 Times in 28 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmanschuette View Post
So is there any other problems people are having with rooting the precedent? I have tried other ways but no success.. IDK if i should do it or not cuz if it messes up i have no money to replace it.. Please respond soon!...

i used the the one davew41 made and it works great outta the box.. no issues. i would suggest using it.
PoorBoy52760 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2011, 01:43 PM   #28 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5
 
Device(s): galaxy precedent
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Default

Is there any way to boost my signal on this phone. I live in TN and the area has weak signal. can I change radio signal or plr to fix this. I am a novice to android and rooting... thank you by the way your link and it worked great.
CharlesPreced is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2011, 12:33 PM   #29 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 53
 
Device(s): Slave of the remote
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 16
Thanked 16 Times in 12 Posts
Default New Top Level Precedent Thread

Samsung Galaxy Precedent - Android Forums

One might find more post/content here concerning our Walmart Straight Talk Samsung Galaxy Precedent.
woobieizer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2011, 02:50 PM   #30 (permalink)
AF Contributor
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,245
 
Device(s): SGS2- GB08, Samsung Prevail- CTMod 3.75
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 154
Thanked 278 Times in 167 Posts
Default

Not sure why this thread hasn't been moved to the Precedent forum.
kevincott is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old November 9th, 2011, 09:35 AM   #31 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 12
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorBoy52760 View Post
i used the the one davew41 made and it works great outta the box.. no issues. i would suggest using it.
where is that at? Can you link it for me?
tmanschuette is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2011, 10:18 AM   #32 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 12
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by woobieizer View Post


I'll have a crack at tackling some of you REALLY good questions. Please refer to thumbnails for question 2.

.
  1. A1. Yes use your lappy. If you run into trouble w/samsung usb drivers killing your USB..ie device not recognized..OMG!! Turn off your Lappy, unplug your power, remove battery, wait a few mins, press and hold your pwr button to discharge capacitors, plug everybody back in and return to tasks this happen to me so just in case.

  2. A2. Assuming you have correctly installed the davew41 root suite, you'll need to install at Android Market... Titanium Backup. Then the thumbs will make scene. (73.1mb Free: from 25.5mb Free)

  3. A3. Save your stuff or ensure your stuff is already on SD. Contacts, pics, docs.

  4. A4. This is a special mod that is for Samsung Precedent but w/ Superuser installed, and BusyBox. In other words it is obvious you tweaked it, yet looks, feels, preforms as your outtathebox ST dealio is. Boot is normal with the Blue TrackPhon splashscreen and all. If one was to look at the installed apps however, one looking for Superuser would see it and know it was modded.

I hope this helps you in your endeavors.
Where do you find the "davew41 root suite"? And what does it do exactly?

Samsung Precedent M828C
tmanschuette is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2011, 01:27 AM   #33 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 5
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

tmanchuette you can find the root suit here Rtto your PRECEDENT
ernieballesp06 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2011, 05:40 PM   #34 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 12
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Unhappy Emergency

Since rooting my phone is no longer recognized by the computer... I really wanna redo the root because it is not working anymore but nothing recognizes my phone anymore... PLEASE HELP!!! The phone wont even go into usb mass storage mode anymore..
tmanschuette is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Samsung Galaxy Prevail
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The Samsung Galaxy Prevail is an entry level device for Boost Mobile. Unlike some of it's Galaxy S cousins, you wont find some of the higher end "Galaxy S" features and it doesn't have the familiar TouchWhiz interface seen on so m... Read More



Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Prevail
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:36 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.