April 19th, 2013, 03:55 PM
Thread Author (OP)
Join Date: Apr 2013
Carrier: Bell Mobility, Canada
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
S Voice and Blueant Q3 problem
Had orig. posted in he Lounge - but think my questions were better suited here.
New here, and have to say - this is a great resource.
Here is a problem I've sent to the relevant parties concerning a problem with S Voice (Android 4.1.2) and Blueant Q3 BT. Any comments would be greatly appreciated.
April 19, 2013
Bell Mobility, Canada
Samsung Support, Canada
Blueant Support, US
Firstly, here are the specs;
Phone - Galaxy Rugby LTE SGH-1547C
Android Ver. - 4.1.2.
Bluetooth - Blueant Q3 Premium Ear Piece Q3-BK-USEN-US
Service Provider - Bell Mobility, Canada
I am writing to each of your offices as I am not certain whose responsibility this matter might fall under. I should note that I normally don’t contact support services as answers can usually be found online, but in this case - I have found nothing regarding this matter.
Quite simply, when the Q3 is not connected, and I use S Voice, all seems to operate as advertised.
When I do connect the Q3, I can easily enough connect to S Voice using the Q3 voice commend, however, when in the S Voice application, I lose the ability to say “Hi Galaxy” to wake up S Voice. My only options to get S Voice to listen to me when using the Q3 is to tap the Q3, or tap the Mic Icon in the S Voice Application. A bit annoying as I am spending more time tapping the Q3 or Icon then actually speaking to and instructing the program itself.
When not using the Q3, I always and easily get the option to say “Hi Galaxy” - no issues here. It is only when the Q3 is connected, that I lose this option and have to manually/physically perform an action to get S Voice to listen to me.
I am using the Q3 while driving, and this “bug” goes a way to defeat the purpose of “hands-free” operation if I’m constantly touching the Q3 or the Icon within the S Voice program.
I have spent a considerable amount of money on the phone, plans, and accessories as this equipment is an integral part of my work - and it would be a shame that what appears to be a simple “bug” would render an important part of the system unworkable. I would be grateful for any comments please.