April 16th, 2012, 03:42 PM
Thread Author (OP)
Join Date: Aug 2010
Carrier: Not Provided
Thanked 174 Times in 67 Posts
How To Fix Samsung Galaxy S 4G T959V Screen
This written repair guide shows how to disassemble the Samsung Galaxy S 4G T959V smartphone quickly and securely. This will help you to install replacement parts to repair your damage phone.
This guide will help you to install the following Samsung Galaxy S 4G T959V part(s):
- Samsung Galaxy S 4G T959V LCD + Touch Screen Digitizer Replacement
- Other Samsung Galaxy S 4G Parts
- Safe Open Pry Tool
- Small Phillips Screwdriver
- Adhesive (For screen repair)
- Heat Gun / Hair Dryer
Samsung Galaxy S 4G T959V Repair Guide:
- Start by removing the battery door, battery, sim card, and the memory card.
- Remove the seven (7) screws from the back of the phone using a small Phillips screwdriver.
- Next, carefully slide a safe pry tool to release the clips holding the back housing in place.
- Be sure to keep track and save the side buttons, as they will fall out during the process.
- Next, carefully raise and release the top earpiece speaker flex cable from the board using safe pry tool. Do same thing for the larger LCD screen flex cable to the left and also the bottom flex cable.
- Gently lift up and detached the white antenna cable.
- Carefully lift up the motherboard using safe pry tool and make sure not to damage the power button flex cable on the side.
- The motherboard can now be removed.
- Heat the front of the screen around outside the edges using heat gun or hair dryer to soften the adhesive. Keep the heat on average and apply quick movements to the screen. Heat the screen for about 30-60 seconds and donít stay in one place for too long.
- Release the screen assembly from the housing using safe pry tool. Reheat if necessary.
- You can now replace the screen assembly.
Simply reverse the instructions above to reassembly your phone.