Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy S

Find everything you need for the Galaxy S5 and discuss it in our S5 forum!
Have you seen that OnePlus One's awesome camera?? The forum is over here!

Like Tree1Likes

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old January 30th, 2011, 08:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default I am locked out of my Android Galaxy S phone due to too many wrong pattern attempts

First of all sorry for my english.I own a galaxy s recently updated in froyo 2.2.My son was playing today with it and he has locked it.I dont remember my email password.I tried all the passwords that i usually use but nothing.I also tried the trick with the 3 buttons but nothing again.Is there a way to unlock it or i have to sent it to samsung?

vassilis656 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old January 30th, 2011, 08:42 PM   #2 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vassilis656 View Post
First of all sorry for my english.I own a galaxy s recently updated in froyo 2.2.My son was playing today with it and he has locked it.I dont remember my email password.I tried all the passwords that i usually use but nothing.I also tried the trick with the 3 buttons but nothing again.Is there a way to unlock it or i have to sent it to samsung?
when i did the upgrade with kies i have registered my phone,Is it possible to get some help from kies?
vassilis656 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2011, 02:27 AM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 287
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 35 Times in 33 Posts
Default

You need to go to the google website and need to do the forgot password thing, and verify you account and get a new password.
justiyad is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2011, 07:32 AM   #4 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by justiyad View Post
You need to go to the google website and need to do the forgot password thing, and verify you account and get a new password.
i did it but nothing happens.Also when i connect it with my pc kies does nt recognize it.Thanks anyway.If yo have another answer i ll try that too.
vassilis656 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2011, 07:58 AM   #5 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Default

try password as "NULL" or "null"

if that does not work, try to call you phone from other number, may be that will unlock you phone temporary while you are on phone, try to navigate into your phone & change the pattern code.

May be this will work, not sure.
prasanlakhani is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to prasanlakhani For This Useful Post:
vassilis656 (January 31st, 2011)
Old January 31st, 2011, 08:03 AM   #6 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

i did these steps too,nothing works.I think i ll sent it to samsung but in our city we dont have a dealer and its gonna take a few weeks ro be repaired.Thanks for your time.
vassilis656 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2011, 03:38 PM   #7 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: SC
Posts: 4
 
Device(s): Samsung Captivate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

mine made me wait a few minutes before I could try again. I might change mine to the number codes instead or just leave it unlocked and just lock my text message screen instead.
BassGirl is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2011, 11:04 AM   #8 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I've used up all my pattern attempts on a ZTE blade and don't know my gmail account username or password. Does anyone know how i can unlock my phone without setting it to factory mode?
Gareth Barnaby is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2011, 04:46 PM   #9 (permalink)
Blame it on me
 
DaSchmarotzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Québec, Canada
Posts: 3,087
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 442
Thanked 1,558 Times in 783 Posts
Default

I would also be curious to find a solution that would simply work; I've seen this issue popping up quite a few times for different phones.

I'm sorry that I can't help you.
DaSchmarotzer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2011, 05:41 AM   #10 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 5
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Unlock Android phone after too many pattern attempts | pinnapedia
check this URL ...this helped me...
4. Call yourself from another phone, answer, without hanging up press the home button, then menu button, settings, try to disable pattern-lock
The above said tip is from the website link i just mentioned.. this tip worked for me... there are many more tips you can try...
mozas is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old February 25th, 2011, 09:44 AM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 299
 
Device(s): Samsung Fascinate (:-D
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 29
Thanked 21 Times in 13 Posts
Default

Here is the solution that worked for me. You MUST remove ALL accounts except Google. Settings>Accounts & Sync>delete Facebook and other accounts DO NOT delete google.

1. Completely power off and power on your Galaxy-S phone.
2. Right after you pass the Galaxy-S and Verizon Wireless logo video, immediately tap on the home button extremely fast and repeatedly (at least 4-5 times per second). If the Emergency Call button pops up, click that every now and then (3-5 times) but keep tapping on the home button. During this process your phone may flash the password screen or keypad screen just a few times and your phone will seem to be lagging due to the tapping.
3. Keep tapping until you see your Android home buttons at the bottom. Voila, you’re in your phone! If the emergency keypad constantly shows up or if it shows the Google account screen constantly, you have failed. The success rate can be around 15-50% so keep trying until it works. (You may want to grab a young phone-savvy guy or girl to do it if your fingers are too slow)
4. Find and run the Settings App and go to Accounts & Sync.
5. Under Manage Accounts, remove all accounts except your Google account.
6. Press your power button off and on and enter your correct Google account information.
7. It will ask for a new security pattern. Enter it twice and you are done!
This solution worked for me. If it does for you, please leave a comment with your carrier and phone model to let others know that it worked!
The Gmail and password will then work to unlock the phone and that screen disappears. It will require you to set a new unlock pattern. Once unlocked, you can set the phone to not require a lock parttern. Go here to find out how to bypass the too many attempt screen in order to get to your settings. Afterwards, you can go back and add your FB account again.
II Kings 9:20 is offline  
Last edited by II Kings 9:20; February 25th, 2011 at 09:47 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to II Kings 9:20 For This Useful Post:
jom3 (May 31st, 2011)
Old March 4th, 2011, 04:14 PM   #12 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

My samsung galaxy spica is locked because of to many pattern attemts.

What kind of username do i have to use to open it? I heard that the password is "null"...?
madelenjorstad is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2011, 04:33 PM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 299
 
Device(s): Samsung Fascinate (:-D
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 29
Thanked 21 Times in 13 Posts
Default

YOur gmail email and password. You must temporarily remove from the phone all but the gmail account as detailed above
II Kings 9:20 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2011, 09:12 PM   #14 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Do a factory reset its that easy
Ruccuz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2011, 08:12 AM   #15 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 299
 
Device(s): Samsung Fascinate (:-D
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 29
Thanked 21 Times in 13 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruccuz View Post
Do a factory reset its that easy
That is always an option but rather poor for those of us who have spent many hours customizing the android 7 themes that are not backed up by gmail or the sd card.
II Kings 9:20 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2011, 02:05 PM   #16 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Happy thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by II Kings 9:20 View Post
Here is the solution that worked for me. You MUST remove ALL accounts except Google. Settings>Accounts & Sync>delete Facebook and other accounts DO NOT delete google.

1. Completely power off and power on your Galaxy-S phone.
2. Right after you pass the Galaxy-S and Verizon Wireless logo video, immediately tap on the home button extremely fast and repeatedly (at least 4-5 times per second). If the Emergency Call button pops up, click that every now and then (3-5 times) but keep tapping on the home button. During this process your phone may flash the password screen or keypad screen just a few times and your phone will seem to be lagging due to the tapping.
3. Keep tapping until you see your Android home buttons at the bottom. Voila, you’re in your phone! If the emergency keypad constantly shows up or if it shows the Google account screen constantly, you have failed. The success rate can be around 15-50% so keep trying until it works. (You may want to grab a young phone-savvy guy or girl to do it if your fingers are too slow)
4. Find and run the Settings App and go to Accounts & Sync.
5. Under Manage Accounts, remove all accounts except your Google account.
6. Press your power button off and on and enter your correct Google account information.
7. It will ask for a new security pattern. Enter it twice and you are done!
This solution worked for me. If it does for you, please leave a comment with your carrier and phone model to let others know that it worked!
The Gmail and password will then work to unlock the phone and that screen disappears. It will require you to set a new unlock pattern. Once unlocked, you can set the phone to not require a lock parttern. Go here to find out how to bypass the too many attempt screen in order to get to your settings. Afterwards, you can go back and add your FB account again.

This worked a treat but it did take a few goes till i got it!! but it helped me find out my email address so i could then request a new password on pc.but i had to do it again so i could get in to my phone and accept the text from google to say password changed.once i did that my new password worked and was albe to use my phone as normal.Thanks a lot
jonkelmaz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2011, 02:16 PM   #17 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Thanks so much worked for my galaxy s something 900??? And I still have all my data definately try before a factory reset!! You are amazing!!! LOVE YOU
jom3 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2013, 01:48 AM   #18 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

hi my samsung galaxy s2 locked due to too may attempts of wrong pattern what will i do?
aslkhn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Samsung Galaxy S
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The Samsung Galaxy S was announced in March of 2010 was a high-end feature packed phone during its day. This was the start of Samsung's global takeover and although this particular phone saw many iterations and variants here in the state and ov... Read More



Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy S
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:58 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.