November 27th, 2012, 11:03 AM
Thread Author (OP)
Join Date: Nov 2012
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S - GT i9003
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Help - New firmware causes reboot
I bought a Samsung Galaxy S GT - I9003 that came with OS Android 2.2 Froyo. Recently it was automatically updated to Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread. Since then I am facing some problems that I didn't have before.
- auto reboot and infinite reboot loop (1 to 2 per day)
- network APN configuration reseted after every reboot
- accounts reseted after every reboot
- main screen reseted after every reboot
- Google Play is forced to close many times
I did a fabric reset and the reboot loop was solved, instead it reboots and freezes on the "SAMSUNG" initialization screen. The other problems continue to exist.
My phone is no longer in guarantee and my support service doesn't work because I bought the phone in another coutry.
Can anyone help to make this new firmware stable?
Last edited by bgcosta; November 28th, 2012 at 06:44 AM.