Registering your SGS II for DivX ~ A Step-by-Step Guide
I don't know if anyone yet has noticed this but in order to utilize DivX fully on the SGS II you must first register the handset.
Unfortunately it is not as simple as tapping on the screen and then playing DivX media. Instead you have to go through a complex routine....
As such here is a step-by-step guide in how to do this as painlessly as possible.
To register DivX you need to do the following:-
1. On the SGSII go to Settings/About Phone/Legal Information/License Settings/DivX VOD/Register
Tap on Register and it will give you a registration code which you need to make a note of.
2. Once done you then have to go to your PC and download the registration file by clicking on where it says 'Free Download' from DivX ~ http://vod.divx.com
3. This will then download a file titled DivXInstaller.exe to your PC.
4. Install this file on your PC then run the DivX Plus Player and click on the players menu 'VOD/Register a DivX Certified Device' and fill in the card that loads using the code you wrote down earlier.
5. A file will then be downloaded to the PC which you then have to copy across to the SGSII.
6. Once copied simply play the file and the SGSII is then registered.
7. Finally, go back into the settings menu on your phone and you will now notice where it used to say register it is now 'greyed out' and 'Deregister' is available to click on should you wish to de-register.
.........I don't always get your questions right.... but you'll certainly know I've tried.
P.S. Many thanks for the Thanks votes. Thanks received are converted into a charitable donation.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Beards For This Useful Post:
This DivX Certified® device must be registered in order to play
purchased DivX Video-on-Demand (VOD) movies. To obtain
your registration code, locate the DivX VOD section in your
device setup menu. Go to vod.divx.com for more information
on how to complete your registration.
I have registered my SGS II for DivX following the instructions given in the posts here in this thread. However it still says that i cannot play the divx protected files! I have unregistered from divx and reregistered again and its still the same.
Anybody have any clues or can advice me on what to do???
UPDATE: finally got it playing using MOBOPLAYER.
Last edited by fahdeen; August 9th, 2011 at 08:51 AM.
The Galaxy S2 (sometimes known as the Galaxy S II) is the follow up to Samsung's widely successful Galaxy S lineup. This time, the Galaxy S2 raises all the stakes and Samsung has found a way to double almost every spec in a true, one of a kind ... Read More