Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy S2 (International)

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old September 26th, 2011, 07:25 AM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 8
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default samsung apps update problem

since owning my samsung galaxy s2, the samsung apps is showing up with 2 updates unla service and samsung apps, however when i go into them they tell me download complete, also i keep getting the install blocked message for security,your phone is set to block installation of applications not obtained from android market. Wether these applications have been downloaded or not i dont know, but either way i cant seem to clear them off the samsung app

Advertisements
rad4it is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old September 26th, 2011, 07:50 AM   #2 (permalink)
Premium Member
 
Riche101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: UK- Edinburgh, Brazil - 2 hrs from Rio de Janeiro
Gender: Male
Posts: 656
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S4 (RED), Bootloader: MGA, Kernel: KT, ROM: Danvdh G.E. 4.2.2, Modem: UFNBH,
Carrier: GiffGaff 4G(UK)\Vivo(Brazil)

Thanks: 65
Thanked 99 Times in 73 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rad4it View Post
since owning my samsung galaxy s2, the samsung apps is showing up with 2 updates unla service and samsung apps, however when i go into them they tell me download complete, also i keep getting the install blocked message for security,your phone is set to block installation of applications not obtained from android market. Wether these applications have been downloaded or not i dont know, but either way i cant seem to clear them off the samsung app


Hi go into settings > Apps> and make sure you tick unknown sources

that will fix it all
__________________
Galaxy S4 (RED) GiffGaff UK and Vivo(Brazil)[/COLOR] Android 4.4.2
Kernel KToonsez ROM: Danvdh G.E. Modem UFNAD
Apps Themed by Team Black Out
Trolls/Appple Fanboys + =
"Too stupid to live.... too dumb to die!"
Riche101 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2011, 08:17 AM   #3 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 8
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

and this is completely safe to leave checked is it? obviously it sounds a bit dodgy
rad4it is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2011, 08:25 AM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Lincoln, England
Posts: 1,939
 
Device(s): Apple iPhone 5 64GB (iOS 6.0.1), Apple iPad 2 16GB (iOS 6.0.1), Nexus 7 (Android 4.2 Jelly Bean)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 121
Thanked 380 Times in 251 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rad4it View Post
and this is completely safe to leave checked is it? obviously it sounds a bit dodgy
Yeah, just don't go installing random apps from suspicious websites and you'll be fine.
__________________
iPhone 5 (iOS 6.0.1), iPad 2 (iOS 6.0.1), Nexus 7 (Android 4.2 Jelly Bean)
matttye is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to matttye For This Useful Post:
rad4it (September 26th, 2011)
Old September 26th, 2011, 08:35 AM   #5 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 8
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

i shall give it a go, also having problems retrieving my windows live messages at the mo, would you know anything about that, sorry to be a pain. It has been working fine then today i cant get any of my messages up on there inbox or sent. i will just try turning it off in a mo, i know that sometimes fixes problems
rad4it is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2011, 08:40 AM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Lincoln, England
Posts: 1,939
 
Device(s): Apple iPhone 5 64GB (iOS 6.0.1), Apple iPad 2 16GB (iOS 6.0.1), Nexus 7 (Android 4.2 Jelly Bean)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 121
Thanked 380 Times in 251 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rad4it View Post
i shall give it a go, also having problems retrieving my windows live messages at the mo, would you know anything about that, sorry to be a pain. It has been working fine then today i cant get any of my messages up on there inbox or sent. i will just try turning it off in a mo, i know that sometimes fixes problems
Restarting the phone is always a good first thing to try. It fixes so many problems. You might also wish to try going to Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage applications > all tab > Email > Clear cache.
matttye is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2011, 08:49 AM   #7 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 8
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

done that, i have closed the email account and have tried going back into it, but it will not retrieve data, just goes to time out
rad4it is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2011, 08:52 AM   #8 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Lincoln, England
Posts: 1,939
 
Device(s): Apple iPhone 5 64GB (iOS 6.0.1), Apple iPad 2 16GB (iOS 6.0.1), Nexus 7 (Android 4.2 Jelly Bean)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 121
Thanked 380 Times in 251 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rad4it View Post
done that, i have closed the email account and have tried going back into it, but it will not retrieve data, just goes to time out
In that case I would remove the account and re-add it. Have you tried accessing your account on a computer to check it's not just a problem with the email server?
matttye is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2011, 08:53 AM   #9 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 8
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

sorry thats what i meant, but wont retieve it at the moment just goes to time out
rad4it is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Samsung Galaxy S2
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The Galaxy S2 (sometimes known as the Galaxy S II) is the follow up to Samsung's widely successful Galaxy S lineup. This time, the Galaxy S2 raises all the stakes and Samsung has found a way to double almost every spec in a true, one of a kind ... Read More



Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy S2 (International)
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:20 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.