October 2nd, 2011, 08:30 AM
Thread Author (OP)
Join Date: Jul 2011
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S2
Carrier: Not Provided
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by milgo
This below worked for me. if you've not already seen the post and tried it!
Originally Posted by DavidWOT
1. Turn on USB debug mode in my phone >settings>applications>development
2. Connect the phone to computer via USB
3. Allow Windows to load drivers
4. Disconnect phone from USB
5. Turn off phone's USB debug mode
6. Reconnect USB between phone and computer
7. Successfully connect with Kies via the USB
The key here being: Have the phone in USB Debug mode when connecting to the computer to automatically load the drivers via the Windows Recognized New Hardware Wizard. Then disconnect and turn off the phone's USB Debug mode before reconnecting to the computer and Kies.
Now I put the "[?]" in my subject line because I have the confidence level of approximately zero with Kies at this point, woindering if it will connect the next time [smile] Hope this helps! - David
Sorry, but it didn't work for me!!
Maybe you guys are not getting what my actual problem is, I'm saying that the 'Kies' software is detecting my phone but its name is not appearing under the Tools-> Firmware Upgrade settings.