April 16th, 2012, 02:36 PM
Thread Author (OP)
Join Date: Aug 2010
Carrier: Not Provided
Thanked 174 Times in 67 Posts
How To Fix Samsung Galaxy S2 Screen
At this written take apart guide we will show how to disassemble the Samsung Galaxy S II phone quickly and securely. Following this step by step guide will enable you to easily install replacement parts and to repair your Galaxy S II phone.
This guide will help you to install the following Samsung Galaxy S II part(s):
- Samsung Galaxy S II LCD + Touch Screen Digitizer Replacement - Black
- Samsung Galaxy S II LCD + Touch Screen Digitizer Replacement - White
- Other Samsung Galaxy S II Parts
- Safe Open Pry Tool
- Small Phillips Screwdriver
- Hot Air Gun / Hair Dryer (Suggested)
Samsung Galaxy S II screen repair guide:
- First step is to remove the battery and all the cards from the phone.
- Remove the seven (7) small Phillips screws under the battery cover as shown in Figure 1.
- Once all the screws have been removed, pry around the outer edges of the back plate to release the clips using safe pry tool. You can now fully remove the back housing.
- You now have access to the motherboard once the back plate has been removed. Disconnect the five (5) flex cables and the antenna wire as located in Figure 2.
- Then remove the two (2) small Phillips screws holding the mainboard in place.
- Before removing the board, separate first the side button contacts which are adhered to the frame as shown in Figure 2.
- The motherboard can now be removed.
- Release the screen assembly from the housing once the motherboard has been removed. Heat the front of the screen around the outside edges using a heat gun or hair dryer. Keep the heat on average and apply quick movements to the screen. Heat the screen for about 30-60 seconds and donít stay in one place for too long.
- The adhesive is now soften enough to remove the screen assembly from the housing. Pry to release the front frame from the screen assembly using a safe pry tool.
- You can now replace the screen. Be careful with the flex cable being fed through the housing.
Simply reverse the instructions above to reassembly your phone.