Hello, I'm Italian so my English is not very good.
Please I would like to ask you if somebody can help me with this problem.
I have a GT-i9100 with Android 2.3.3. The device is not rooted and I kept the original software from the day I bought the phone.
When I turn on my phone I have this error message looping:
"The application LogsProvider (com.sec.android.provider.LogsProvider process)has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again"
And, if I stay on the home screen, also:
"The application TwLauncher (com.sec.android.app.twlauncher process)has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again"
And occasionally I also get some others Force Closure, as:
Task Provider (process com. Android.providers)
Message (process com.android.mms)
IM (com.sec.android.im process)
AP Mobile (com.sec.android.widgetapp.apnews process)
Social Hub (com.seven.Z7 process)
I have also found out that when I choose "reboot" from the "recovery mode", I get this error:
E: copy_kernel_file :: Can't open /data/log/recovery_kernel_log.txt
Here is a very short video I did about the problems so far described: GS2 error looping - also kernel error when in recovery mode - How to save data? YouTube
I think - but I have no experience - that if I do a factory reset I'll probably solve the problem (is this true?).
But this is the big deal: since I am disabled, sometimes I don't write by hand and I record voice recordings (with the standard voice recorder of the phone). I have some very important data on the phone and since they were recent I have no backup.
There are mainly voice recording (took with the standard recorder app) and some notes I took with an app called Note Everything that I would not like to lose.
Is there a way of saving this data?
Here you can find all the detailed additional information:
- the phone also display the icon of "memory almost full". So I can't install from the computer version of google play another launcher, because it would probably not install for no memory
- the phone also crashes after few minutes (sometimes soon, sometimes later)
- when I turn on again the phone, it is allways on the same home screen (I have 8 desktop home screen, it is always on the fifth)
- I have no External Micro SD card
- I could go on settings --> applications --> manage applications --> LogsProvider --> Clear data. The error of "LogsProvider" stops appearing, but if the phone crashes next time it returns, and if the phone does not chrash, if I go on home screen I still have all the others errors
- I could go on settings --> applications --> manage applications --> and I deleted some apps. When I turn off and on again the phone, the apps looks again there
- I could never connect this phone to KIES on my Windows Vista computer. It keeps on telling me "connecting", and also now it make the same thing. (Before the error occurred, I always used Kies Air so I didn't worried about that, and I had never tried to connect it to another PC).
- I have now tried to connect the phone to KIES on the Windows 7 of a friend of mine, who successfully regularly connects his GS2 (not branded version, mine is branded). Also there, with my phone KIES keeps telling "connecting"
- If I put the phone in Debug Mode, or in USB Mode, in My Computer I can see for some seconds the icon of the mass storage device (for example "K:"), but If I try to open it on my computer, I have an error like "the device is not ready", or the icon disappear
Thank you very very much in advance.