Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy S2 (International)

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old June 8th, 2012, 04:07 AM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Sync local calendar to Google

How to I sync my local calendar on my device to Google?
I have created a google-account, and have now a local calendar and a gmail calendar on my samsung galaxy s2. But how can I transfer all the contents from the local to the gmail calendar?

Advertisements
nilsrune is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old June 8th, 2012, 04:52 AM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
naith_kk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 187
 
Device(s): Galaxy S-II
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 13
Thanked 29 Times in 27 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilsrune View Post
How to I sync my local calendar on my device to Google?
I have created a google-account, and have now a local calendar and a gmail calendar on my samsung galaxy s2. But how can I transfer all the contents from the local to the gmail calendar?
Add the account to your mobile = Settings | Accounts and Sync
Once you've done this, Tap on the account you added (you should see the sync symbol on Calendar section) press the sync now button to begin synching your calendar entries to google calendar. Once done, open up google calendar with your browser to see if its transferred properly.
__________________

naith_kk is offline  
Last edited by naith_kk; June 8th, 2012 at 04:54 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2012, 06:05 AM   #3 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by naith_kk View Post
Add the account to your mobile = Settings | Accounts and Sync
Once you've done this, Tap on the account you added (you should see the sync symbol on Calendar section) press the sync now button to begin synching your calendar entries to google calendar. Once done, open up google calendar with your browser to see if its transferred properly.
But this only syncs the google calendar on the phone to the google calendar on the internet. It doesn't seem like it has any effect to the other calendars (such like the local one) on the phone
nilsrune is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2012, 06:36 AM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Bristol, UK
Gender: Male
Posts: 772
 
Device(s): Sony Xperia Z2
Carrier: EE UK

Thanks: 50
Thanked 55 Times in 51 Posts
Default

I've never even worked out what that local calender is for anyway if you have a Google account.
Mines always been empty.

I guess it's only used if you don't have a Google account.

To Add;
I don't think the local calender can be synced (hence local)
Kibbster is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2012, 07:53 AM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
naith_kk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 187
 
Device(s): Galaxy S-II
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 13
Thanked 29 Times in 27 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilsrune View Post
But this only syncs the google calendar on the phone to the google calendar on the internet. It doesn't seem like it has any effect to the other calendars (such like the local one) on the phone
There are ways to sync them both... (its just a little tedious). If you've upgraded to ICS, it syncs the phone calendar to google calendar... (just tested)

Anyways, if you haven't used ICS yet, you need KIES, Microsoft Outlook, and Google Sync. Tedious task of exporting and importing data. There are other better suggestions to doing this easier, but I don't know them because...

...I use a calendar app that merges both calendars to a single interface, like Business Calendar.
naith_kk is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2012, 12:27 PM   #6 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by naith_kk View Post
There are ways to sync them both... (its just a little tedious). If you've upgraded to ICS, it syncs the phone calendar to google calendar... (just tested)

Anyways, if you haven't used ICS yet, you need KIES, Microsoft Outlook, and Google Sync. Tedious task of exporting and importing data. There are other better suggestions to doing this easier, but I don't know them because...

...I use a calendar app that merges both calendars to a single interface, like Business Calendar.
Thanks
KIES, Outlook and GoogleCalendarSync did it
nilsrune is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2014, 10:36 AM   #7 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Solution for syncing Samsung Calendar into Google Calendar

After many investigations, I didn't succeed to export using kies or directly.
BUT, I succeed to do it with some app: iCal Import/Export 2.2
It's possible to choose Samsung Calendar, export it to the local storage, and then switch to Google Calendar and import it.
It did it perfectly...
I'm pretty mad about Samsung for creating such problems... actually trying to stuck us with samsung forever... no thanks...
Anyway, after moving everything from Samsung to Google calendar, i canceled the Samsung calendar and "My calendar" from S Planner, and also canceled the sync of Samsung account...
Finally the Calendar works fine and syncing with my Google account
tidhars is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tidhars For This Useful Post:
aloniado (July 12th, 2014)
Reply

Samsung Galaxy S2
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The Galaxy S2 (sometimes known as the Galaxy S II) is the follow up to Samsung's widely successful Galaxy S lineup. This time, the Galaxy S2 raises all the stakes and Samsung has found a way to double almost every spec in a true, one of a kind ... Read More

Tags
gmail, google, local calendar, samsung galaxy 2, sync android calendar


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy S2 (International)
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:52 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.